• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Combat Changes in Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, reversing the roles I've killed focus mages with 15 sdi. I do it often. I also kill parry mages and dexers on that template as well. But the point I am trying to make here is if you first learn the basics, then you can use everything else to it's full capabilities such as novas, conflags, heal potions etc. As @Revan123 mentioned before anyone with the spell play that him and I have should benefit immensely from adding any other type of dmg output to the scenario. In theory, you should learn to drive the Ford Focus before you attempt to track the Ferrari.

In conclusion, you should learn the basics before you attempt to have changes made to advanced items / templates / skills. Allow me to take this time to introduce the Ford Focus to the Ferrari.
View attachment 58705
so, all your saying is I should just run away so I'd never die? I don't need pots for that.... (lol) 30% sdi vs 15% sdi = ?

It's too bad I don't take screenshots of my kills... I'd have at least two of you dying to me with Asha helping you... (2v1) and (2v2) one of which I was being xhealed vs the two of you, but it's not important.

Last edited:

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
as far as you talking about my signature, I did enjoy playing mages a lot more so before casting focus added randomness to it... I don't particularly like playing the "Gurads" template though... I play it because it's just 1 of 2 suited characters I have on Atlantic and the fact that almost no one plays either of the two templates I'm playing.

You can't deny that the lack of template diversity is killing UO. -It's certainly not helping it.
I'm glad you brought up this point of particularly liking to play that template. I despise playing a parry mage. For those that have fought me for years, I used to play a halberd mage then transitioned to a bokuto mage after changes to UO. I am a tank mage at heart. However, I know when and where to play that template now. It's unfortunate but it's the way it is. I don't go into forums and preach to @Bleak to change pvp to adapt to my play style, I just roll with the changes and give my suggestions as we go. It seems to me that your problem is adapting and (Not trash talking here) just pure laziness in equipping your characters for pvp. I use pots on every template regardless of alchy bc well it's smart. Not nova's but g heals, tr's, cures, agilities, str as well as apples. It is a MUST in todays pvp. You either adapt or get left behind.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
so, all your saying is I should just run away so I'd never die? I don't need pots for that.... (lol) 30% sdi vs 15% sdi = ?
You did run several times in this particular fight. You tried to go spell for spell with me and you can tell by my hp that I kept you on the defensive the entire time. Spell play vs Spell play, there are a couple of mages that can match me spell for spell. I've practiced over the years on timing and perfecting my play style. If you want to win, this is what you do. You do not whine to the DEV's to make changes to benefit you.

And notice the rng mage abilities you have in your signature played no part here, no casting focus and mistakes on your part with over casting and mashing buttons. Player mistakes not game mechanic mistakes.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm glad you brought up this point of particularly liking to play that template. I despise playing a parry mage. For those that have fought me for years, I used to play a halberd mage then transitioned to a bokuto mage after changes to UO. I am a tank mage at heart. However, I know when and where to play that template now. It's unfortunate but it's the way it is. I don't go into forums and preach to @Bleak to change pvp to adapt to my play style, I just roll with the changes and give my suggestions as we go. It seems to me that your problem is adapting and (Not trash talking here) just pure laziness in equipping your characters for pvp. I use pots on every template regardless of alchy bc well it's smart. Not nova's but g heals, tr's, cures, agilities, str as well as apples. It is a MUST in todays pvp. You either adapt or get left behind.
It's not about me adapting to a play style, in-case you haven't noticed I never wanted Parry-mages or Alchy-mages, or Archers to be "removed". I want it to be balanced so everything has as close as a competitive chance vs whatever is being played.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran

It's too bad I don't take screenshots of my kills... I'd have at least two of you dying to me with Asha helping you... (2v1) and (2v2) one of which I was being xhealed vs the two of you, but it's not important.
You have one 2v2 win on me with a non parry character, which I have no problem killing you on my LP tank mage with you on gurads in the arena if you'd like to attempt that. We both know that you won't accept that fight bc well we know why. And I'm not attempting to derail this thread, I'm simply telling you that along with MANY other players, BEFORE changes are made the people complaining should take time to learn the template and advance their game play. Can the archers use some nerfs, sure. Can the nova's use a change, most def. Can we remove tactics and actually diversify some templates, absolutely. But some of the crazy changes that have been mentioned are clearly from players that do not pvp to UO's full capability. Ford Focus drivers shouldn't coach the Ferrari driver on advanced driving techniques, as an example.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You did run several times in this particular fight. You tried to go spell for spell with me and you can tell by my hp that I kept you on the defensive the entire time. Spell play vs Spell play, there are a couple of mages that can match me spell for spell. I've practiced over the years on timing and perfecting my play style. If you want to win, this is what you do. You do not whine to the DEV's to make changes to benefit you.

And notice the rng mage abilities you have in your signature played no part here, no casting focus and mistakes on your part with over casting and mashing buttons. Player mistakes not game mechanic mistakes.
same way sibble beat you in a duel on LS? except neither of you were chugging, and neither of you were 30% SDI, right? who cares who killed who? what does it prove?

Casting Focus & Poison Immunity (less so) killed dueling. do you disagree?

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
same way sibble beat you in a duel on LS? except neither of you were chugging, and neither of you were 30% SDI, right? who cares who killed who? what does it prove?

Casting Focus & Poison Immunity (less so) killed dueling. do you disagree?
The only way people will fight me in particular is doing silly stuff like that. A duel does not consist of omen lethal poison but I allowed it and lost to Enhanced client casting, anyone that knows what I'm talking about there will understand. I got lethal poisoned with 0 mana. No biggie. I actually fight people and in order to get these fights, I most often fight at a disadvantage. This is what happens when you reach the status that I have. You can admit it or not, but you nor anyone you play with will step foot in the arena vs me with a real duel or field fight. It's cherry picking, but I cannot win every lopsided fight, it's impossible in todays UO. I'm okay with that. I adapt and move forward. No one should take a non potion fight vs a dp necro, period. It should never been like that simply due to simple game mechanics, but like I said, in order to actually get fights, I have to put myself at a disadvantage.

The community killed dueling. In an answer to your question. And what I mean by that is, examples in my above message. Ego's started keeping people from fighting and then ultimately UO came along and added the rng, putting the stamp on dueling as a whole. Even though the top duelers can still duel successfully.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Without going back and fourth and back and fourth. UO keeps bringing us all back. Some of us are better players than others. But some of the changes in this next update are just plain silly and should be reconsidered. A true group of pvpers (Not even including me in the DEV group) should be assembled to test the changes and help @Bleak balance the pvp aspect of this game out. Honestly chad and RlsPker have had some solid ideas in the previous threads and I'd nominate one of them if not both of them to assist Bleak. Just my personal opinion. The other stuff was just "ego checking" when I was the person at the disadvantage in the fights vs you. It'll always be that way for anyone to fight me. Admit it or not, that is todays UO. It's gen chat pvp until double number groups log on to back up the gen chat rambling.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
. I actually fight people and in order to get these fights, I most often fight at a disadvantage.
That's funny, because all the templates I want to be more competitive (or even possible) ARE at a disadvantage- shocker right?

Besides, as far as this comment.

I don't go into forums and preach to @Bleak to change pvp to adapt to my play style, I just roll with the changes and give my suggestions as we go.
Last time I checked, I didn't start the thread... Bleak is asking for feedback, so you pin the whole thing on me, and whoever else is sick of the way UO is turning out? ....Please.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea, apparently, the devs allow specials to be toggled at 60/60 weapon skill & tactics (not 90/60) which is completely one-sided... I'd beable to make quite a few templates I wanted too. but a dexer with only 60 weapon skill can't be played effectively.... it would be worse than playing while in stat-loss... like who the hell came up with that idea? C'mon devs.
Diversity my friend..120 Mage -15 Mage wep 60 wep 60 Tact 100 Nox...think McFly! It's about diversity in templates not cookie cutter dexxer temps. At least that's what I'm gathering...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Diversity my friend..120 Mage -15 Mage wep 60 wep 60 Tact 100 Nox...think McFly! It's about diversity in templates not cookie cutter dexxer temps. At least that's what I'm gathering...

Yea, that's why I was exposing it... it doesn't help diversity with this setup as much as it could, because only Mage-templates would benefit from it more than any dexer templates would Dexers have no way to run with 60.0 weapon skill and be effective without an absolutely ridiculous amount of skill increase items just to make "specials" usable..

Focus Spec (restricting which skills can go with what to such an extent that it does, with the massive drop in SDI that it has) = cookie-cutter templates. it can be toned much better than it is. 15-30% gap in SDI always has been quite the difference...

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow, just wow on how egotistical @Aeyko sounds. I have yet to meet someone that has a hard time making you off screen solo. Ive been playing ten years too. Cmon now with all your complete nonsense and bs stories. Your a crutch player since day one face the facts. If you would fight me straight up client vs client, I would destroy you in less then thirty seconds. Just stop with the better player garbage already, you are nowhere near that good.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have waded though the waving e-peens in three active discussions (not a pretty picture, I know) and have come to a couple of conclusions. We all create our own niche using the fundamentally universal rules of UO. Whether it be a solo crafter keeping a vendor stocked or an "elite" group of PvPers that pit skill and dancing with one another for bragging rights. We make the game ours.

Things are going to change. These changes will effect everyone's niche one way or another. I would appreciate a lot less chest thumping and screeching in red font. Just sayin'.

Oh yeah... I also learned I do not use nearly enough buttons in PvP.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If SSI and Tactics changes go through I'll be looking into selling everything I own as I will never be returning to UO.

This change has 0 effect on any of my characters, I use fast weapons to begin with so nothing will effect me. So why do I care? Mages have been, currently are and will always be the most powerful types of templates in the game. Nerfing dexers like this will just make the spread between the two types of templates even further.

PS: Aeyko> we both played the exact same evil omen poison template vs. each other. Only difference between us were clients and EC does not have some special reduced casting time. It was a fair fight, you did not have any disadvantage. I'm surprised you've come this far to even admit that I defeated you, but of course now you have some kind of condition you need to come up with in order to explain your defeat.

I beat you fair and square brotha, let it go.

Last edited:

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If SSI and Tactics changes go through I'll be looking into selling everything I own as I will never be returning to UO.

PS: Aeyko> we both played the exact same evil omen poison template vs. each other. Only difference between us were clients and EC does not have some special reduced casting time.
EC does have the ability to cast a spell the exact moment its ready. 1 Button per classic clients 2 buttons per spell.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC does have the ability to cast a spell the exact moment its ready. 1 Button per classic clients 2 buttons per spell.
Can you not make a classic client macro to wait for target and then cast on a preset target - be it with the default client or one of the many 3rd party clients there are out there? Most mages hold their spells and cast them when they chose to; I do not. That is the difference between the fight with me and Aeyko. He chose to make two button presses per spell cast, that is his play-style.

I was able to spam weaken faster than him, because I only used one button press to do it. This enabled me to survive through DP poison with barely any health. I spammed weaken on him disrupting any/all of his spells until my free cure was applied, turned the fight around and ended up winning.

RNG won my fight with Aeyko, nothing else. It was a fair and fun fight.

Now if you want to argue that making a macro in classic client is slower than EC's cast to target, that would need testing and we're talking a possibility of milliseconds of difference - which can determine a win condition, but just barely.

Last edited:

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Wow, just wow on how egotistical @Aeyko sounds. I have yet to meet someone that has a hard time making you off screen solo. Ive been playing ten years too. Cmon now with all your complete nonsense and bs stories. Your a crutch player since day one face the facts. If you would fight me straight up client vs client, I would destroy you in less then thirty seconds. Just stop with the better player garbage already, you are nowhere near that good.
You're joking right? I'll gladly do that same fight or any fight really, pure or field 10 fights, I win 9 if not 10 of them. Fluke wins happen in field fights, so I'll give him one win out of 10 (Maybe). I won't give you the same courtesy, I'll destroy you in under 30 seconds in a duel or field fight every single time. I've offered this same fight to players FAR better than the two of you and they did not accept. It's not a coincidence. I'm hated, but I do that intentionally. You'll hate what you cannot beat straight up. With that being said your play ability is very basic and weak. People on multiple shards can be seen laughing at you on a daily basis. While I can only get a lopsided fight from anyone because it's me and people like you are scared to lose so you cannot troll. Stop making up things that you have ZERO intention of backing up. This is why I encourage the DEV's to not take you bottom barrel players silly lopsided opinions into consideration. You're all cry babies and empty gen chat or forum hero's, when it comes to the actual game, you are zero's. Zero impact players. Simple.

Last edited:

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran

This change has 0 effect on any of my characters, I use fast weapons to begin with so nothing will effect me. So why do I care? Mages have been, currently are and will always be the most powerful types of templates in the game. Nerfing dexers like this will just make the spread between the two types of templates even further.

PS: Aeyko> we both played the exact same evil omen poison template vs. each other. Only difference between us were clients and EC does not have some special reduced casting time. It was a fair fight, you did not have any disadvantage. I'm surprised you've come this far to even admit that I defeated you, but of course now you have some kind of condition you need to come up with in order to explain your defeat.

I beat you fair and square brotha, let it go.
I didn't bring it up, but since you'd like to talk about it. You ONLY wanted to fight with EC enhanced casting with dp and no pots. NO other player would accept this fight. That's like me fighting anyone with my dp tank mage and saying no pots... I'd kill every single mage in this game once the first lp hit. You wanted this fight bc of the advantage and only then did I die bc I had 0 mana. I've let it go, your teammates seem to want to bring a lopsided fight up to prove something. If you'd like to prove something, then bring any template you would like into the arena with me. I won't use parry and let's see how it goes? Shall we? If not, if you'd like to use no pots, then we'll simply pure mage. You have EC's one button casting to help you, I promise you that it won't help you. Don't talk yourself into a corner here and hide like Covenant or DC. You're better than that.

On the subject of the change, man mages are not NEARLY as close to powerful as archers in this game. You've got to be kidding me with that statement. You're clearly biased on this subject.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love u sibble... But I killed u 1vs3 . And Aekyo is one of the best players I had the pleasure to pvp with!

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love u sibble... But I killed u 1vs3 . And Aekyo is one of the best players I had the pleasure to pvp with!
Then that's pretty sad if I was able to beat him in a fair duel on a template that I never play, right?

Aeyko> It's pathetic you still have a problem admitting defeat in an honest to god even fight. Wait I just remembered, you claimed that there was an invisible 3rd party in wraith form draining your mana during our duel, what happened to that old story? You failed to kill me with the exact same template, there were no differences except for clients being used. I'll never think of you as a honest player. DP NECRO VS. DP NECRO AEYKO, THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED. There were people there that witnessed the fight, less we forget.

My guess is you're too embarrassed to admit defeat to a player who maybe plays a mage two times a year. Your a dishonest person so I'll never take you seriously. Tell anyone what you want I could care less, bickering about duels is beneath me so I'll bow out. Just wanted to get the side of the truth in.

Last edited:

quovadis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
wow its just get worst .all this change go too far
Moving Shot Update is perfect but the ssi change go too far
Weapon Special Move Update keep out the tactic
keep 30 sdi for focused without this why play a pure mage
add 20 sdi for all mystic necro
necro change is perfect
remove the timer for nova
and slow down the casting time for holyfist

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
This is all that needs to be said here. @sibble your personal opinion on me as a person has NOTHING to do with why you want to part of a straight up fair fight. You want a dp necro fight with ec and no pots AND PRAY that my mana is vamp'd to 0 before you can get a kill on me and hold on to it for a full year. This is EXACTLY what weaker players do. I fight everyone and I fight them multiple times. I do not choose their templates I simply tell them if it's no pots, then pure mage if it's field templates then field play is required. I was unaware of the one button casting and honestly that didn't help you a great deal until I had 0 mana for 15 to 20 seconds... Anyone that will not fight a person more than once per year is scared and knows that an advantage kill was in fact that, an advantage kill not worthy of even bragging rights. I find it funny that you're disputing this. If you recall, when I had mana you were redlined and poisoned and cast 10 weakens in a row until your poison resistance cured you. You even admitted to this. Had I ever pulled a move like that in any sort of a duel, I'd be laughed off of any pvp list ever. Point and case, if I had lethal poison, you'd have died to poison ticks and lp would not have cured itself. I've given you the chance to bring your op dexer vs a non parry mage in the arena, you want no part of that also. You're not bowing out because arguing is beneath you, you're bowing down because you know on any top pvpers list, you are beneath me. I'll gladly prove that. You will nancy foot around fighting me while spouting off about a fluke dp no pots fight... Cool story though. Lets hope the changes do go into place causing you to quit Uo, you're not really playing it now anyhow. You're hiding. You are only lying to yourself if you do not believe this.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no list in pvp, just in your head @Aeyko . I mean I could just randomly make a list too, like steak is better chicken, potatoes are better carrots. Then someone comes along that doenst like red meat and his list is chicken is better. In other words its complete nonsense, your nothing but a delusional UO cupcake. Pvp is completely broken and has been for two plus years and your fighting against at best 15-20 of the same players over and over, which means the 20th person who dies the most is 20th best pvper in UO. LMAO. I have grocery lists that more merit then whatever your pvp list is.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
There is no list in pvp, just in your head @Aeyko . I mean I could just randomly make a list too, like steak is better chicken, potatoes are better carrots. Then someone comes along that doenst like red meat and his list is chicken is better. In other words its complete nonsense, your nothing but a delusional UO cupcake. Pvp is completely broken and has been for two plus years and your fighting against at best 15-20 of the same players over and over, which means the 20th person who dies the most is 20th best pvper in UO. LMAO. I have grocery lists that more merit then whatever your pvp list is.
Wtf are you even rambling on about. I have and will always be in the conversation on best players in this game. I quit for 6 years, came back to this "Broken pvp" and still dominated the best players and people like you aren't even in contention. You've ducked me since LUB! and ViP! came to GL and took over many many years ago. You run away at the first sight of me, always have unless you have 4 people vs me. That's the real truth. Notice not once person here that's called me "egotistical" has manned up to the challenge I have tossed out... Wonder why that is? It's not bc you think pvp is broken, it's because each one of you gen chat pvpers know your place against me 1v1. I'll prove everything I say while you sit back and argue in gen chat and on forums. I surely hope no DEV's or forum moderators take your idea of "broken" pvp to be a reality. The only thing that is broken is your weak game play. Put that on your grocery list.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
In conclusion, the players such as @Great DC want to see changes they feel will make them relevant in this game. It will not help them, just wait and see. You'll see the same people crying for more changes once the new changes are officially updated and live. You'll still be weak and the better players that understand game mechanics will still have you raging in general chat. The fear is and always has been real with you weaklings. Everyone can see it through your empty trash talk. You're online cowards, there's nothing worse in my eyes. My work here is done.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the better players that understand game mechanics will still have you raging in general chat
Understand game mechanics like you do? Someone who thought wraith form drained your mana when the person IN WRAITH FORM wasn't actually doing anything? You do know how it works, right?

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty certain that if I go grocery shopping there is no virtual machismo in the store. LOL. How many times does someone point how false your statements are and then your retort is just a copy and paste post. You don't say anything of any value whatsoever. Your just like "yeah well im the best" na na na. Got you. LOL

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
View attachment 58840

How I vision @Aeyko in rl. LOL "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood" haha
How can you expect these pvp changes to succeed when you're being just as bad as anyone else?

You really can't just have an argument, can you? I'm arguing with Cov, but I still respect him. I don't like Blazing's play style, but I still respect him. Talent recognizes talent. Maybe that's your issue?

I see it this way. If the core group of pvpers left are able to get on board with most changes it's a win for all of us. Why? because it keeps us all still playing...

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Care to test that theory then? And you guys are derailing it just as much as we are. btw, it's "your", not "you're"
This is so funny you are trying so hard to be a troll to derail threads and lie about fights. And yes i would fight u guys 2 on 1 and win thank you.
New cossak strategy : derail threads they are clearly being out debated on so that it gets locked

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I agree! but we don't really have to worry with this particular update, not many people seem to like it.

12/13/2016 update was 10x better tbh. (IMO)
I agree with the update that was right before this one having been the best. I think we are talking about the same one.

* But it is discouraging that it seems they are not listening to us state we preferred that one and are sticking with the current update...

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New cossak strategy : derail threads they are clearly being out debated on so that it gets locked
Again, point out where, unless I was responding to specific people (the so-called "top pvp'ers" and Lord Trollo), I have attempted to do ANY derailing or trolling in any of the threads dealing with the proposed changes. Go through all of my posts if you want.

I agree with the update that was right before this one having been the best. I think we are talking about the same one.

* But it is discouraging that it seems they are not listening to us state we preferred that one and are sticking with the current update...
Not sure how much work they do on the weekends, but there might be an update tomorrow. Hopefully it's a better one...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yea, that's the update I was referring too the 12/13/2016 one. It wasn't perfect, but it was very much the best one they had given us so far.

The devs need to build on those updates imo

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am just having fun with this now. I have explained my position on all this several times with as much logical information as possible. Not much else to do except make people laugh.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Several posts have been deleted since screenshots and Photoshop and print screen issues have nothing to do with the proposed pvp changes.

Last request to keep this thread and the PvP issues on topic.

Please don't be "that guy" and end an otherwise fruitful series of conversations. Thank you.

Aeyko

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Several posts have been deleted since screenshots and Photoshop and print screen issues have nothing to do with the proposed pvp changes.

Last request to keep this thread and the PvP issues on topic.

Please don't be "that guy" and end an otherwise fruitful series of conversations. Thank you.
Why does this not surprise me that I make a point to put rest to claims of cheating in a pvp forum with proof that the people SCREAMING for changes have no idea how to run their own OS much less understand these changes to Ultima online and now all of the posts are deleted. I've made it a point to try and save pvp from the people that clearly do not understand these changes are not for the better of anyone and will only create further gimplates and destruction of the game. In doing so, I've been called a cheater, egotistical and even reported to MOD's which I'm having to appeal because of nonsense. This is supposed to be an official forum for game developers not a forum where people can use their own personal agenda's to get the game tweaked in their favor. Honestly @Giggles I expect more from you being that you are one of the more competent pvpers on your shard. It's a shame you'd allow personal feelings get in the way of bettering the game. Instead, it's being killed by those who do not understand the game mechanics, for God's sake they don't even understand the features of their OS... Give me a break here. You cannot be serious.

Take notice at the first person to kiss butt by liking a post that successfully got his idiotic posts deleted. I'll go back to using Stratics for trade purposes while UO is still relatively active because none of this will make any difference with the way the trammy community wants to dumb down the game in hopes that they can compete. GG destroy the 20 yr old wizard game once and for all.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why does this not surprise me that I make a point to put rest to claims of cheating in a pvp forum with proof that the people SCREAMING for changes have no idea how to run their own OS much less understand these changes to Ultima online and now all of the posts are deleted. I've made it a point to try and save pvp from the people that clearly do not understand these changes are not for the better of anyone and will only create further gimplates and destruction of the game. In doing so, I've been called a cheater, egotistical and even reported to MOD's which I'm having to appeal because of nonsense. This is supposed to be an official forum for game developers not a forum where people can use their own personal agenda's to get the game tweaked in their favor. Honestly @Giggles I expect more from you being that you are one of the more competent pvpers on your shard. It's a shame you'd allow personal feelings get in the way of bettering the game. Instead, it's being killed by those who do not understand the game mechanics, for God's sake they don't even understand the features of their OS... Give me a break here. You cannot be serious.

Take notice at the first person to kiss butt by liking a post that successfully got his idiotic posts deleted. I'll go back to using Stratics for trade purposes while UO is still relatively active because none of this will make any difference with the way the trammy community wants to dumb down the game in hopes that they can compete. GG destroy the 20 yr old wizard game once and for all.
Honestly Aeyko I can understand and appreciate your frustration. But do you honestly think that any sort of defense will remedy cheat accusations? They come with the territory of being a pvper. I myself went on a crusade several times to "prove" that I do not use cheats, all the way down to recording my gameplay with my taskbar... but I am apparently still a cheater because I use the Enhanced Client....

I am not here to take sides, and I have no personal feelings getting in the way of anything other than my love for pvp. I am not picking on you or anyone else in this thread. I am here doing "my job" of keeping the forums on topic. Its hard enough to have our voices heard to begin with. Pages upon pages of other issues we face OUTSIDE of these game breaking proposed changes will not help any of us. How much do you think the devs will read? How many good points will get buried in the midst of a flexing contest? Or as you put it.. "ego checking"?

So please.. lets get our heads and hearts in the right places an address the issues at hand. The other issues can be taken up elsewhere and during another time.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on TC now (Yew Gate) for anyone looking to test and give feedback. I will only be discussing the changes that are listed in the current notes.
For all the you suck, this patch sucks that poor @Bleak is getting. He's on test fielding questions and actually showing he wants this to work! great job bleak. You won't make everyone happy but at least you're trying!

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Props to @Bleak for putting in work.

Echoing the 30 sdi for pure mages, ssi change was a bit too far (gotta be a middle ground somewhere), tactics not needed (let us toggle while casting), the nova nerf was interesting, slow cast or increase cool down for holy fist....we're getting there.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure I understand the ranged weapons damage update. I'm guessing if you have ssi, it lowers your damage?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The loss of focus spec still makes my eye twitch.

I don't mind the increase to 20% SDI for all other PvP casting... but honestly why nerf focus casting? Their should be an advantage to being pure mage or pure necro or pure whatever. I understand the system was old and complicated, and to do a 5% reduction here and there would be a headache to figure out... But why would it be so difficult to just add more things to the focus spec restriction list? You're either 20% or focus... you are not focus of you have 30 points or more in these said skills....

This will just keep alchy parry mages as the one and only choice for casting pvp.

My vote is, keep focus mages and add parry to the restriction list. They will sacrifice defense and spell utility to do a higher amount of damage and be "glass cannons" so-to-speak. Everyone who wishes to be more defensive and have parry would be on par with the other mage builds. There would be more balance, and still a perk to go pure magery only damage.

Last edited:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because she was right. Rule #1: A woman is always right. Even when she's wrong...and if she is wrong, she's not wrong ;)

Upgrading my OS won't change anything either - I ping the same now as I did 11 years ago when I was using Windows XP. But anyway, enough of that.

It isn't about competing, or not being able to. It has everything to do with the current meta being "Archers and parry mages online", and seeing the same people/templates every day. I would LOVE to be able to play something other than a Parry Mage, especially if I'm bored enough to fight at Yew Gate (which is why I prefer champ spawn fighting - a char like a mystic/weaver is great there.)

Novas: I get all the arguments, whether I agree with the premise or not. But there's nothing in the game that you can't react to, which is why I don't mind the delay - even at 1 second, you still have to be quick enough to spot the nova pot rising. Damage @ its peak is too high, and I wouldn't be opposed to a flat damage/cap of 20.

Focus Spec: This one is tough. I get that it should have a benefit, but I think 30% SDI is a bit ridiculous, especially on a Parry Mage - I'd be fine with 25% since it's 1-2 points. Also, 15 for hybrids is too low - 20% is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.