• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Wishbone

Morning all, I wont say it's a good one, grey, cold and a bit sad, so I am orf down the pub for a pint or three.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hello all babblers!

I have that typical thing this time of year, flu or something. Usually I get it when I lower the guard around Christmas. You know when you finally relax a bit you get all kind of illnesses etc. Or maybe you don`t, but thats what always happens with me. I usually get ill during vacations.. sigh. Anyway, I might be well and fit on Christmas eve this year. Yay!

Playing some UO, wathing some "Bones" on DVD and generally feel sorry for myself and waiting for spring.

It IS cold isn`t it.

[/ QUOTE ]

try echinacea and vitamin c pills. you can get them in most health food stores. good combo that works really really well

I

imported_Seasseragh

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hello all babblers!

I have that typical thing this time of year, flu or something. Usually I get it when I lower the guard around Christmas. You know when you finally relax a bit you get all kind of illnesses etc. Or maybe you don`t, but thats what always happens with me. I usually get ill during vacations.. sigh. Anyway, I might be well and fit on Christmas eve this year. Yay!

Playing some UO, wathing some "Bones" on DVD and generally feel sorry for myself and waiting for spring.

It IS cold isn`t it.

[/ QUOTE ]

try echinacea and vitamin c pills. you can get them in most health food stores. good combo that works really really well

[/ QUOTE ]

Bread with honey and onions *nod nod*

I

imported_Wishbone

Rusty Nail, 50/50 mix of Drambuie and a good blended whisky (don't waste yer single malts on this).

Will kill any bug, I'm sure it will kill me eventually

I

imported_Wishbone

Morning all, just been for a brisk walk across a very frozen New Forest, was loverly out there.

G

I had a longer walk than planned. I got all the way back to the garden gate before remembering there was another item on my shopping list

G

<blockquote><hr>

I had a longer walk than planned. I got all the way back to the garden gate before remembering there was another item on my shopping list

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm forever getting as far as the checkout before realising i've forgotten something (usually Woman's Weekly or similar), but not quite that far.

Afternoon all.

G

Apparently, Virgin Media don't take kindly to non-payment for services.
Not my fault, to be honest.
I have a handy scapegoat, and I'm pinning the blame squarely on him.

Anyway, long story short, I was without internets for... ages &gt;.&lt;
I don't even know how long...
But suffice it to say that I'm now thoroughly sick and tired of single-player games (that includes Peggle!)

Miss me?

I

imported_Seasseragh

<blockquote><hr>

So true!

I guess Kimi´s WoW finally arrived, she´s unusually quiet

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this show how much we missed you, Kimi?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So true!

I guess Kimi´s WoW finally arrived, she´s unusually quiet

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this show how much we missed you, Kimi?

[/ QUOTE ]The internet died on... Friday, I think...
WoW arrived on Monday...
I didn't get internets back for another week
&gt;.&lt;

G

Incredibly chilly here, because the central heating has gone belly up &gt;.&lt;

I'd get all stressed and worked up, but I'm too bloody cold!

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the advice with whiskey and vitamins. Can I just pour everything together and drink? Will at least knock me out...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for the advice with whiskey and vitamins. Can I just pour everything together and drink? Will at least knock me out...

[/ QUOTE ]

kill or cure, i suppose!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Incredibly chilly here, because the central heating has gone belly up &gt;.&lt;

I'd get all stressed and worked up, but I'm too bloody cold!

[/ QUOTE ]

get all stressed and worked up and get warmer?

this isn't going to make you feel any better, but i'm sat here in front of a toasty peat fire. after the chimney sweep finally managed to get good enough weather to work his magic. it's wonderful!

I

imported_Wishbone

Morning babblers, just seen a very unhappy brass monkey here...flippin' freezin'!!!

G

Morning all, it's a tad frosty down here, possibly a sign that hell is indeed freezing over (other signs include the release of a new Duke Nukem Forever trailer - a game that has been in development for at least 10 years)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Morning babblers, just seen a very unhappy brass monkey here...flippin' freezin'!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, not so cold here. bit frosty, but glorious glorious sunshine, clear beautiful blue skies, little breeze. gorgeous.

*looks smug at all the people who said "you're moving to scotland? but it rains all the time there*

G

good morrow.

Time to venture out into the great outdoors, as briefly as possible and well wrapped up.

Vaguely toying with the idea of getting a name change token for Molly Fyde. Mostly because the Molly Fyde I have on Siege has become 'Molly' and the one on Europa is neglected. The Siege char wasn't meant to be permanent so I didn't try to think of a special name for her. Then I changed my mind.

Probably couldn't really justify the expense, and I'd have to try to think of another name, so I probably won't actually do it. Yet another idea toyed with and never followed through on. :p

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

.......Guess I´ll have to try some of the stuff that was prescribed for Serafi (I liked the whisky part especially
) so I´ll be up and running in time for decorating the tree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would really recommend the whiskey part! It made all the difference

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleugh, don't know how anyone can drink the stuff, and I'm from the whisky capital. An aquired taste I guess

G

<blockquote><hr>

Bleugh, don't know how anyone can drink the stuff, and I'm from the whisky capital. An aquired taste I guess

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't like it either, or porridge or haggis. i do however love my rum. woods old navy or pussars for preference

G

I did it.

I found a name change token on a vendor in Luna. Terry said I could have the gold, so Molly Fyde on Europa is now Clarrie Fyde.

G

That makes things a lot clearer

I'm in a warmer house, now.
I no longer have goosebumps on my goosebumps.

I

imported_Wishbone

Morning all, a bit sad this morning, just had to bury my beloved cat of 10 years.

G

Aww

*pours a glass of single malt whisky to Wishbone* I think you need this.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Poor Wishy...

And to make matters worse... I am back in here!
(Don't worry, I'll be away again from tomorrow till ... Thursday I expect.)
Merry Christmas all!!

PS: Finally found out what all the stupid recipes are for!! Tried to give one to a smithy (I know, duh! But he was the closest person...) and he said:
"Thou art giving me an origami kit? I am not interested in this." Origami.... oukay!

G

no, that's tomorrow. there's nothing open up here on a sunday, can't even get sunday papers til tomorrow. truly, i live in the heart of the tartan taliban!!

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Morning all, a bit sad this morning, just had to bury my beloved cat of 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

*hugs*

G

unfortunally ive still got a bit of xmas shopping to do today. plus im working. so thats what im gonna be doing on my lunch break. i hope its not too busy in sheffield today i cant face huge crowds. too tired.

G

g'morning people

baking day today, jam tarts, lemon curd tarts and mincepies to create.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm spending christmas eve at work, and feeling exceptionally down for other reasons we shall not go into here. On that note, apologies to the GoB for Miggie's vanishment. I really wasn't in a mood to wassail.

Status
Not open for further replies.