• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

morning

wondering what we're going to find on Magincia. I suppose I better send Heidi in for a stealthy shuffti

[/ QUOTE ]

Love that word.

GD: Alliance &gt; Horde

Though... I did make a really cute Troll Shaman

G

exactly the word I used to describe it on icq to Barian.

Not looking forward to having to take the dog out.

G

good morning.

Wonder when/if the end of the Magincia event will really happen.

G

Morning all, i'm not so sure about the good part though (it's too early for it to be good:p)

I

imported_Wishbone

Mornin' babblers, I betting on tonight for Magincia.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Horde ftw Kimi!

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT! tho tbh i got bored of WoW quite quickly, the only thing i quite liked in it was the profession training part on the chars since its pretty much the same as UO's skill gains, other than that its a boring grind of boredom.

G

It's all different kinds of fun, though, really.
Fundamentally, UO is world-y, while WoW is game-y.
I think those (presentation not withstanding) are actually technical terms in the industry.

G

afternoon all.

i rolled to work at 10am today, 30 minutes after i was meant to be there. I'm such a rebel.

spent the weekend with Crest Lavender (some of you should know him!) in Germany! a very nice time!

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ello babblers

GoB made a very strange trip to Magincia last night. They laid out loads of begged food and drinks, insulted Kaelyn a bit who was watching the docks and estranged a few passers-by. Not to mention the poor young guard member who got utterly confuddled by four GoB members complaining about the hell kittens in town and the lack of the guards intervention in that respect. And on top of all that did Crazy Miggie, the legendary founder of GoB, show up after almost 2 years of absence ... what a night! Expect a detailed story about it soon *grins*

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning babblers and babblerettes

<blockquote><hr>

Hows the Babble treating people recently?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine as usual I think, just the other way round it's a bit lacking in enthusiasm lately. You would think that most people collected enough rubble by now and could turn their attention to more pressing things again ... like babbling *grins*

I

imported_Seasseragh

<blockquote><hr>

good morning
babble is slow. Have you visited before?

[/ QUOTE ]

occasionaly

G

heheh, not you! I know you've been here before, I meant Fearofthedawn.

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*remembers board login on 14th attempt*
So... Hello Europa, it's been a while! I read John's post about the GoB fun in Magincia at the weekend, and wanted to expand a bit.

You have not lived until you've seen Crazy Miggie lecture a horse on manners, report a lamppost to the guards for stalking, and produce his collection of "rare" 2-year-old fish steaks.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes, that too!!!

I think you did annoy the woman who's horse it was a bit in the end ... the horse seemed rather indifferent to it. And the lamp post was literally unmoved. The fish steaks were still alright I think, a bit green on the side though.

But my neighbours must have thought me mad, with all the roaring laughter coming from my flat ....

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Justyce does say I'm at my best when I'm insane

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely right ... that's one reason why it is such a shame to have lost you to "that lame rip-off beginnning with a W"

*shudders*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely right ... that's one reason why it is such a shame to have lost you to "that lame rip-off beginnning with a W"

*shudders*

[/ QUOTE ]

TheBlackCobra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*shudders*

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote the great man himself,

"Not all who wander are lost"

I

imported_Wishbone

Flippin' 'eck da Cobra is back on da forum!!
*Bows*

"Not all who wander are lost"

Just as well in my case

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning babbledom!

And what a morning it is: the weather is totally crappy and the house next doors to where I live was on fire last night. Piles of burned out prams on the road and 14 people injured according to the newspaper .. what an exciting area it is i live in

*shudders*

G

good morning.

oh heck! Is there any damage to your house? if you're next door?

14 people is a lot for one house, were they having a party?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, luckily nothing happened to the house I live in.

And it's not a terrace house or something like what you normally have in England. Our whole district is made up of 1900 to 1920th, 5 floors high appartment houses with courtyards etc. ... so there are hundreds of people living in one block of buildings. According to the newspaper it was "strangers" lighting up the prams parked in the entrance hall. Looks like a gaping black cave now ...

Unfortunately there are always some idiots leaving the front doors wide open because they are too lazy to shut 'em after themselves, even at night. So it could have easily been us instead. This time we were lucky ....

I

imported_Wishbone

Morning all, glad you are ok mate.
'Orrible weather today

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, no harm done. I didn't even realise what was going on basically 5 metres away from where I was.

Ah well, on a lighter note, I totally missed yesterdays event and bugger to them for that!!! I will have a look at Fell tonight though, see who will get me first, the monsters or the reds *g*

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning each

3 people were killed last year here by some morons setting a wheelie bin on fire

50 yards from where I live

I

imported_Wishbone

Mornin' all...Ohh its tea time already..another day lost

G

Been a productive day for me...
Not one, but two lectures on how I mustn't play WoW, because it sucks (or similar).

Of course, all the while I was receiving these lectures on one monitor, I was having fun in WoW on the other.

G

Not quite a hopeless WoW addict then, otherwise you would have had it running on both

My nephew has been bitten by the WoW bug, and suddenly his current machine isn't good enough for him:) (I got roped into building his new one).

G

That would be tempting, for the many occasions I find myself stuck waiting for a boat/hippogryph/gryphon...

G

Argent Dawn.
Running around at level 20, waiting for play.com to deliver my "Battle Chest"...

I want a Draenei! &gt;.&lt;

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re-rolled I assume?

I love it, totally addicted too it...that's probably a bad thing though

G

<blockquote><hr>

Re-rolled I assume?

[/ QUOTE ]I can't even pretend to know what that means

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing you had a higher char on a different server?

Of course you could just be roleplaying as opposed to leveling and such I guess

G

Just started.
Retail thingy is in the post, hopefully to arrive before the free trial runs out. It'll be close, taking into account play.com's lacking adherence to shipping within 24 hours, and the mail service actually delivering things in the run-up to Christmas.

In fact, play.com still haven't responded to my report of a bug on their site, which was another of their "24 hours"'s.

Bah!

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, away to play with friends or just fancied a change?

I've been playing it since the release, but very much inactive for 2 years thanks to University, but now that's all past, I've much more free time to play it - I still consider myself a relative newbie.

It's certainly different from UO, but I love it, very time consuming

G

good morning people.

Looks like being a wet one, and I've got to go out in it

Status
Not open for further replies.