• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm ... I am thinking about getting a WII for Christmas. You know, treating myself a bit and MAYBE let others play with it too ... I heard there is a bit of a shortage in Britain. Here it's no problem getting one so far.

G

HELLO woo new babbledom! sorry for my absence i have been at work all weekend so no time for computerness

@Coppelia
yes kimi is correct in that its from Irrational Exuberance, i first heard the Yatta song in one of wildcats flash works for I-C, i then used that song to put Zole off in the London meet up before ML was released playing the eye of argon game ( wiki version and a version of it ) it was much fun indeed, i found the flash whilst perusing through albino black sheep

@Kimi thank you for explaining it all while i wasnt here XD

G

Personally I would recommend a Wii, as for me the games are really fun, and I like the control system (I never got the hang of the Ps2 style controllers - they always felt uncomfortable), but it's really worth trying it out first as I know some people who hate it.

I've currently got
Zelda Twilight Princess
Wii Play (if you can get it cheap it can give you the game + controller for only a pound or two more than the controller).
Metroid 3
Excite Truck
and Mario Galaxy

Of those Zelda is a great RPG/Adventure
Metroid looks very good so far, although it's not quite the same as the older metroids (slightly more shooting based).
Mario is rapidly getting me addicted - it's got just the right mix of classic platform action, with the addition of the 3d and controls for me (it takes a few minutes to get used to walking over the edge of the world, but it certainly adds to the fun).

Depending on the game the controls can work either wonderfully and intuitively, or very badly (IIRC EA basically ported a couple of Ps2 games over to it and spent next to no time adapting the controls for example*).
Metroid for example makes very good use of the controls, you use one to aim and interact with things, whilst the other controls movement and the grapple (the motion sensors take over the need for a second stick and a lot of buttons).

From what i've seen and heard it looks like there is definately going to be a shortage of Wii's in the UK this year.

*I think it was Tiger Woods golf that was considerably worse in it's controls to the Wii Sports golf mini game included with the console.

G

i agree!

the wii is great fun, im waiting for ssbb!
i got tiger woods 08 with my console, played it for about 5 minutes and got incredibly frustrated with it, traded it in for mario party, muuuuch better

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning all.

I saw Scrumpy Jack rummaging through the remains of Magincia last night. I have no idea what he was doing there, but it makes one thing official: Magincia has truly gone down the drain!

*grins*

G

good morning

only 'rubble' that Heidi's brought home doesn't look like rubble at all, it's green plants. Some have been added to the AMT roof garden, the rest are going in a bag on a vendor.

Got a fair selection of cursed, non-powderable artis, ones that are no use to our chars are going on one of Terry's vendors.

G

Hello fellow babblers not had much time for UO lately my kids keep forcing me to help them on wow and hand the grandson over for the weekend

Intresting comments about the Wii main reason I wanted one was for tiger woods golf but if its a poor game then I may change my mind.

G

get a wii for wii sports, super paper mario, mario galaxy, ssbb, metriod prime 3 and many many many more!

G

Slow babble.

I'm trying to learn LUA.
Therefore, I'm procrastinating in the babble thread.

G

ive been playing a bit of resistance: fall of man, i suck in a death match

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning babblers and babblerettes!

Everybody seems to be busy collecting rubble in Magincia nowadays ... very slow babble thread.

Let nobody claim anymore that picking up leftovers is not fun *g*

G

what is LUA anyway? I've seen it referred to in the threads about customising ui for KR

G

It's the scripting language that should let you do awesome things in the KR UI

My target is resizeable backpacks.
But, on the route there, I'm going to probably try some other stuff, like possibly replacing the windows for the moongates with maps.

G

Finally!

This place was so dead, I was on the verge of luring a light demon over.
"Babble [78 stones]"

G

g'morning

I'm just off to nip in the bath before I face the screams of 'mod abuse'.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the strangest babble thread ever. It only consists of "morning all" and "afternoon all" (and variations of this). Ah well, who am I to make an exception?

Morning babblers!

*grins*

G

<blockquote><hr>

which mod have you been abusing Petra

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she's abusing Hit Lower Defence against Terry.

Morning all!

G

I'm humouring him. Yatta is a word in Japanese, basically its means that you have accomplished something. Kind of like "ALL RIGHT!" or "I did it!!".

But for some reason my name has been linked with Yatta in the past..

Yatta ?

I'm donnelley..

G

I know Yatta, I was just wondering if I'd missed something...
Apparently I had, and now I haven't, and I'm scarred &gt;.&lt;

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm humouring him. Yatta is a word in Japanese, basically its means that you have accomplished something. Kind of like "ALL RIGHT!" or "I did it!!".

But for some reason my name has been linked with Yatta in the past..

Yatta ?

I'm donnelley..

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I should be laughing or scared after watching that...i think i'll settle for laughing:)

I

imported_Wishbone

You beat me to it Petra, I was going to say that, 'tis flippin' nippy.
Morning all

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you expect when you pick such a name for the Babble Thread?

G

you don't think that it being the end of November has any bearing on it?

I played KR last night for the longest I've ever been logged in to the client, using Petra to kill daemons in Ilsh. Wasn't too bad at all. Was using the swampy though cos they've really messed up the animation on the giant beetle, it can't go in a straight line.

I

imported_Wishbone

Ok where's that Fluffi Bunny bloke got to with that tune he promised Petra and me?
I know it takes ages to get a good song out of Wales, the last good one I heard went:
" My hen had a haddock high up in a tree" or summat like that

I

imported_Coppelia

Good morning in the afternoon!

Coppelia, same thread :
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Probably doesn't entirely fit into the broad definition of "work safe", but not too bad

Irrational Exuberance

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I didn't know that "misheard lyrics" version.
For those wondering what it is, the original version (with good subtitles) is there : Clicky.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zozole :
<blockquote><hr>

I didn't make the video!

This is the original...

STRANGE!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people haven't read the whole thread!

G

I read the whole thread, and I still don't get it

As is traditional:
I hate mornings...

G

boss?

isn't how I see myself.

More 'housekeeper' tidying up the place.

G

<blockquote><hr>

morning, kinda

[/ QUOTE ]Until I complain about it being afternoon, it's morning

G

I do hereby announce that it is the loathsome afternoon.
Let the afternoon babble commence.

Status
Not open for further replies.