• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oooo......new Babble Thread........and strangers too

Welcome all

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which part of sweden is that? Must be fairly north. We've had dribs and drabs of snow, but it's mainly in the mountainous regions

G

Chilly chilly bum bum...Car windows frosted over in London.

*debuts Saphireena's amazing portrait of Nico - still stunned & honoured*

K

Kamelbarn

It's snow pretty much all over Sweden at the moment. I live below Stockholm and we have snow outside. And the damn car keeps getting its locks frozen.

G

morning all
not snowing here, (outer hebrides) no frost either. beautiful sunrise, clear blue sky and gorgeous golden clouds.
we have, however, had some seriously impressive winds, and horizontal rain. that was last week. this week, been lovely so far. am hopefully getting the chimney swept this week, so i'll be making serious inroads into the peat in the barn

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doh ... I missed the closing of the old babble thread yesterday

Love the new title though ...

G

Yay what a start to the day a new babble and itsssssssssss fridayyyyyyyyyyy

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't it great to just click on the babble thread and only have to scroll down instead of trying to remember which page you read last? We old people can have problems with that (no ageism intended ...) *grins*

And yes, it's FRIIIIIIDAYYYYYYY!!!

I

imported_Wishbone

Morning chaps and chapesses, nice new thread

Flipping cold down here today as well, about -3 overnight.
*wanders back down cellar to finish hauling the drum kit up for tonights Children in Need gig*

G

I live north of Stockholm, and the snow has pretty much melted away here
. Am not a big fan of winter, but rather snow than mud.

Friday cheers to all the "staying indoors" babblers!

N

Nyte Doombringer

<blockquote><hr>

Which part of sweden is that? Must be fairly north. We've had dribs and drabs of snow, but it's mainly in the mountainous regions

[/ QUOTE ]

No its mid sweden about 1.5hrs south of Stockholm. Winter just came early. grr

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Home at last, from the unspeakable torture that is "a week in a hotel in Coventry."

*puts nose to Petras' grindstone*

I

imported_Coppelia

Good evening!

@ultima online:

Isn't it G-R-EE-N leaves?
No that I'm an expert of Yatta, but it makes more sense than "Gieef lives". Misheard lyrics?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I didn't know you were stuck in Coventry.... Don't mean to nag....

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite understand.

Nobody but a sadist could pick-on someone who was already suffering from "Coventry", and I've never thought of you like that.

We'll do our best now. Honest Injun.

....Now, go and answer the Desert Island Dics thread.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gosh!

We are annoyed!

(which translates to WTF????? in young-peoples' language)

(re. Desert Island Discs)....

Three posts that got lost in the Stratics ether, withiin 10 minutes of each other.

Poo!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good evening!

@ultima online:

Isn't it G-R-EE-N leaves?
No that I'm an expert of Yatta, but it makes more sense than "Gieef lives". Misheard lyrics?

[/ QUOTE ]We are the wad of dough
You didn't eat, QQQQ SSSS
Eye!

G

Garrison Darker

Only page 2, should have paid more attention.

My ICQ has rather noisily just told me it's Petra's birthday. If this is correct, then happy birthday!!!!
Have a dragon cake

I

imported_Coppelia

<blockquote><hr>

Probably doesn't entirely fit into the broad definition of "work safe", but not too bad

Irrational Exuberance

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok I didn't know that "misheard lyrics" version.
For those wondering what it is, the original version (with good subtitles) is there : Clicky.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

<blockquote><hr>

Home at last, from the unspeakable torture that is "a week in a hotel in Coventry."

[/ QUOTE ]!!!??!!! BLASPHEMY!! Torture and Coventry should NEVER EVER go in one sentence!!! Except for when telling others not to do that, heh.... although......... we admit... It sometimes borders on torture being a Sky Blue... Why Miffy, why?!

And, speaking of footy (sorry for the ppl who don't like football, but had to rant somewhere, and GD will likely listen!): What a disgrace was tonights ref in the Scotland - Italy game.... If there was ever any proof of matches being fixed by UEFA, referees getting instructions, it must be tonights game! Italy just can't miss out for them bobos! Big teams always need to win. Bah!
And then the F-ing Dutch reporters/analysts going on abt how "justified" it is at the end of the day tha Italy goes through... Makes us wanna puke! Always these stereotypes about how Scotland can only play with their hearts, not with their mind putting a good display on the pitch. But they were freaking awesome, and outplaying those Italians! [/rant]

Good night all!!

PS: BAH! at missing the first page of the first Babble thread started by moddy Petra...

G

Sounds like a bad game

Anyone else playing Mario Galaxy?
My copy arrived this morning and it is superb, one of the most fun games i've played in ages, I suspect i'm going to be spending a fair bit of time on it

I went to have a quick go earlier and did the first set of levels

[edit]
that's it, no more mario tonight, it's now 4:25am and i've buzzing around in mario for far too long.

D

Dewi Putri

Good morning all!!

Wow Nilrem, you've got an addiction again lol! Haven't played Mario Galaxy, but most of those mario games are fun. Is it single player type game or such a Mario-party like game that's so funny to play with friends?

G

Garrison Darker

Morning.
The refereeing decisions in the last couple of minutes of the Scotland - Italy game were not very good to say the least. I have calmed down a hell of a lot since watching it in the pub last night. Ultimately losing a goal in the first minute was the downfall. Myself and most people in the pub were baffled by the substition. Scott Brown and Barry Ferguson were by far the best midfielders, so why take Brown off when Fletcher and Hartley had very poor games?
It's another glorious failure, we can talk all we like about beating France home and away, but France will be in Austria/Switzerland and the Scots will not.

And then just to rub salt in the wounds Israel score in the last minute . . .

G

Honestly, chaps, is mud colour with pink lilies (Stade Francais) a serious rugby strip?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good morning all!!

Wow Nilrem, you've got an addiction again lol! Haven't played Mario Galaxy, but most of those mario games are fun. Is it single player type game or such a Mario-party like game that's so funny to play with friends?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say i'm getting addicted to it...although the Wii's game timer might disagree (5 hours and counting;)).

It's a "proper" Mario platformer, with a slight difference in the perspective and controls (it's very odd at first when you go over the edge of a world and are suddnly playing upside down).
You can play it with two people, the second one apparently assists in doing certain things.

It's one of the most enjoyable games i've played in a while, pure fun

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's one of the most enjoyable games i've played in a while, pure fun

[/ QUOTE ]If you've got a PS2, keep an eye out for Okami, if you want another fun game. It's also getting a Wii release, but it's nowhere close to being out, and I'm not sure how it'll port.
Basically, you play Ameterasu, the Shinto Sun Goddess, who appears in the form of a pure white wolf.
I spent many, many hours playing it, and my only complaint is that some of the "dialogue" is unskippable, and slow (there's no spoken dialogue, it's all subtitled). Beyond that, I'd say it deserves all the the praise it's received from reviewers, and more.
beyond that, it's really hard to describe. There's traditional combat stuff (with "divine instruments"), but also a "canvas" thing, where you use a "celestial brush" to invoke powers, through a gesture type system.

It's also an amazingly artistic game, passing up realism for an almost "sumi-e" style (Linkie of example).

G

Thanks Kimi, i'll keep an eye open for it when it gets it's wii release (I don't have a PS2:)).

It's been trying to snow round here, is anyone in danger of running into ice serpents yet?

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning Babbledom!

Another weekend ticked off ... why do I feel so Christmassy already?

*humms something vaguely wintery*

Ah, because it's freeeeezing outside ... brrrrr

G

good morning

*cups hands around nice, steaming hot, cup of coffee*

G

I already have my 4-mug cafetierre here.

*Cuddles it*

Ow!
Second degree burns!

G

Hey gang sorry been slacking a bit lately rl too busy to play or babble

Nilrem is a wii worth getting i relly like the idea of the motion hand controlers esp for sports sims and for a lightsabre in sw lego for the kids ?

they already have a ps2 and xbox the wii is for me

Status
Not open for further replies.