• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The "Baby it's cold outside, lets stay indoors and babble" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

hmmmm

mince pies and lemon curd tarts

*drools*

Morning everyone, I think i've got the terribly exciting job of popping to wickes later to get some shiplap.

G

boards with a lip to overlap. Used mostly for fences, sheds and wall cladding.

G

g'morning.

Not going to have much time to be here today between cooking, washing up and maybe a little tv viewing.

G

Garrison Darker

Afternoon

As I've been a good boy all year, Santa got me Guitar Hero 3

I have now got a rather sore wrist (from playing Guitar Hero 3 and nothing else
) and the cats are wondering exactly what the hell I am doing jumping about with a plastic guitar.

G

ah well, back to normal

and Xorartep managed to get the hanging studded tunic from Doom.
According to my list that's worth 50k!

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Good morning/night all!! Back home!
Had a special Christmas period but our Indonesian friend n housemate got a very bad call which reduced the spirits... Hope everything will turn out fine!

G

morning.

problems with the pc atm, cpu fan not working properly. Switch on, temperature climbs up and up. Switch off, wait a couple of minutes, switch on again and fan might condescend to reach a high enough speed to cool the thing.

Son has promised to fit a replacement, but I don't know when he'll get around to it

I

imported_Wishbone

Try giving it a blast with a can of compressed air if you have some.

G

don't have any.

heat sink all cleaned out and fan cleaned as much as poss. Son says there's dust in the bearings.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Morning all!! Lovely day to babble, isn't it?
Thanks Wishy!!

Good luck wiv the pc problems Petra! We also have comp probs (although currently minor and merely annoying, since both our desktops are working fine *touch wood*), laptop won't go on wireless. Somehow the wireless connection we need to connect to won't ask for the WPA key, instead it just says can't connect. Another wireless connection somewhat nearby does ask for a key, so that leaves us computer noobs puzzled...

I

imported_Wishbone

Morning babblers, a loverly cold, bright and frosty one it is too

Tabby, you could try refreshing your IP address, not saying it will work but thats where I would start.
Instructions are here:
How to refresh IP

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Thx for the advice Wishy, but seems it's not working... It says "No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection while it has its media disconnected." Gah...

Cloudy here, with every now and then some sun. Seems it is not freezing currently.

I

imported_Seasseragh

Problems between Xmas and New year are annoying, be it health, comp or anything else. I had none this year tho *crosses fingers*

Good luck with yours!

K

Kayne

Hello babblers. Long time no see from me i know. Been busy working and the whole christmas thing.

G

greetings babblers

No replies on my thread about deleting, wonder if that means everyone else knew how except the few who've asked me to do it for them recently.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

M...afternoon all!!

Eh.... *runs of to thread abt deleting posts*

I

imported_Seasseragh

<blockquote><hr>

*runs of to thread abt deleting posts*

[/ QUOTE ]

spoilsport!

I

imported_Coppelia

Good night, tomorrow back to work!
I haven't finished decorating my redesigned home. We'll see that next week-end!

G

good morning all.

Hope everyone's decorating, that lazy new vendor I got might actually sell something.

Kayne, recruiting sticky is more a place for new/returning players, who might want to join a guild, to look for contact numbers. You're welcome to put your contact details in it. An active thread for more immediate results is fine by me.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

M...afternoon again?!
Gotta go out, bah.... With Eastern wind it really is a day to stay indoors n babble...

K

Kayne

hey babblers

Petra i know
i already put an ad in the sticky. Made the immediate result type thread too. Just added it here for effect :p

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*inserts randomness into the babble thread*

I've just been given a robot guinea pig , and I'm wondering how I ever survived without one before now.

(The non-robotic chinchillas are close to hysteria.
)

I

imported_Wishbone

Mornin' all, no snow here yet either, we might get a flurry, but this about the most snow free area in the country.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Morning all!!

Mean Barian... Wishy can't throw one back from the most snow free area in the country! Also no REAL snow here, yesterday had some ... well, let's call them snowflakes, though one could hardly see them so tiny they were. We really hope for enough snow for a good snowball since our Indonesian friend staying with us wants to see it. Given, the white world of some weeks ago was beautiful, but it was no real snow then... but frozen mist.

Have a great day all!!!

*goes back to waiting for plumber, to fix the drain...*

I

imported_Wishbone

Afternoon all, we actually had a blizzard by local standards yesterday, I counted six very small snowflakes in ten minutes

K

Kayne

still no snow here. It can snow tonight i dont HAVE to go out tomorrow

I

imported_Coppelia

Good evening!

Still working on my house redesignization of the lethal death...

So far, I finished the Room of Sacrifices (yeah it's a virtue don't you know) :

I just have to add the runebook of death on the elven podium, but it's not full yet

And I'm working of that big piece that is the main room (my crafting place, a relaxing garden and some tables for vendors). There's still a mess in the middle (NPC platemail arms
) but it's getting into a good shape. However I'm less inspired for the shop part. Maybe I'll have a break and design other floors and come back afterwards.

The colours are not defined yet. I don't know what colour scheme I'll use.

G

just for you coppelia here is a picture i done about a year and a half ago of the first floor decorations of my old house

i did have a picture of the complete picture of the whole house from the outside, i done it for the uoauction springtime or summertime, cant remember which, house deco contest sometime ago

G

oh and regarding what colour scheme to use you should defiantly do purples!!! yes yes

Status
Not open for further replies.