• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The cursor over for item properties has got erratic and slow for me again and when I try to place an item in my backpack in grid view I have to do it slowly or it pops up to the first available window. Anyone else have these problems or is it just me?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The cursor over for item properties has got erratic and slow for me again and when I try to place an item in my backpack in grid view I have to do it slowly or it pops up to the first available window. Anyone else have these problems or is it just me?
The properties sometimes may take a while to appear... dropping items too fast is like dropping directly in the container (so it uses the first available slot), this happens because when you remove an item the container redraws and you drop it down before it's completely drawn (which makes the slots unresponsive), and there is no way to fix that if not moving items slowly :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the other side of the coin and because all Pinco's changes in the last months, I noticed something else.

I did Zippy a few days ago with 7 of my guildmates, including the myrmidex loyalty fighting in the pit. The pit had got so bad the last time we did it that I could barely move, today, wow, completely different, NOOOO noticeable lag - I was flying around and never got in lag\health problem one time. That has not happened since I don't remember when. I always got in trouble there when new stuff spawned in larger amounts, not this time!!

Then we went to Zippy and before his area goo stuff and sucking me in would always cause me to lag and sometimes death. Not this time, not now, wow, moved like a shot out of a cannon during all that and totally enjoyed the whole encounter contrary to how it used to be.

Thank you Pinco!!!!!!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco is there a way to make the 50 Stone, Cursed or Require 125 Str items to automatically go to end of the Item Sort in looting mobs?
What about adding them as properties in the Finders Keepers?
curse and str can be added easily to the finders keepers, the weight is a different pair of hands since there are 7 different possible text for it...

Try like this, I've added cursed and the str requirement to the finders keepers and now the loot max weight option will push the items with a weight higher than what you specify at the bottom of the list (if the loot sort is active obviously), and it will still work properly for the loot all option and the vacuum too :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I've never used Finders Keepers. I created an Item and added the 3 properties, but how do I get it added to the Loot sort?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I've never used Finders Keepers. I created an Item and added the 3 properties, but how do I get it added to the Loot sort?
At the bottom of the Containers tab you'll find the loot sort to order your items and below that is the finders keepers item area, pretty straight forward, just read and choose the requirements you want to see first or check the trash box if you want the item to go to the end of the sort. You can experiment by having any container with the items in your pack and try it to see and then fit it to your requirements. It's a wonderful improvement compared to just trying to find them looking at unsorted loot!!!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the bottom of the Containers tab you'll find the loot sort to order your items and below that is the finders keepers item area, pretty straight forward, just read and choose the requirements you want to see first or check the trash box if you want the item to go to the end of the sort. You can experiment by having any container with the items in your pack and try it to see and then fit it to your requirements. It's a wonderful improvement compared to just trying to find them looking at unsorted loot!!!
I thought that's what I did. Will look at it again.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco there's an issue with Shadow Strike in your UI. You don't need Tactics at all to use it, just the weapon skill. I have a thief that has 120 Fencing but the Shadow Strike Icon is not highlighted and when I click it I get the message that my skill is not up to the challenge, but I'm able to do it in native EC.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correction I can't click it in Pinco's at all, when I mouse over it, it says my skill is not for the task. Works fine in Native EC.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never mind it's working now.
Just so you don't think it was just you, my archer couldn't use his archery special moves either and then it cleared up, but then the healthbars disappeared completely, logged out, back in, they came back and and then disappeared again, I was fighting with 10 guildmates at the time, embarassing.

This is the only errors on the list with todays date

Script Call failed - Error while calling [PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver]:
Invalid Parameter passed to 'error()'

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Healthbars/MobileBarsDockspot/MobileBarsDockspot.lua"]:2857: attempt to index local 'barData' (a nil value)

<wstring>: NO HUE DATA!!! (34980) swamp dragon

Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

<string>: Trying to save NULL value for: BlueButton

<string>: Trying to save NULL value for: GreenButton

<string>: Trying to save NULL value for: RedButton

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never mind it's working now.
Just so you don't think it was just you, my archer couldn't use his archery special moves either and then it cleared up, but then the healthbars disappeared completely, logged out, back in, they came back and and then disappeared again, I was fighting with 10 guildmates at the time, embarassing.

This is the only errors on the list with todays date

Script Call failed - Error while calling [PaperdollWindow.OnPaperdollTextureMouseOver]:
Invalid Parameter passed to 'error()'

<string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Healthbars/MobileBarsDockspot/MobileBarsDockspot.lua"]:2857: attempt to index local 'barData' (a nil value)

Not enough tokens to substitute at position 2 in string ~

<string>: Trying to save NULL value for: BlueButton

<string>: Trying to save NULL value for: GreenButton

<string>: Trying to save NULL value for: RedButton
the skill check is for 30 tactics for primary and 70 tactics for secondaries, 70 main skill and 90 main skill for secondaries.
Are there other abilities that does not use tactics?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shadow Strike does not need any Tactics. It is working now though, so not sure why it didn't at first.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The bandage macro needs to be updated to allow the use of the new belt.

When you try to use it now, with a stack of bandages in the belt, you get a message saying:
"You must carry a stack of bandages before using the bandage macro."

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bandage macro needs to be updated to allow the use of the new belt.

When you try to use it now, with a stack of bandages in the belt, you get a message saying:
"You must carry a stack of bandages before using the bandage macro."
that action is inside the client so I can't change it....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you make a workaround?
nope, that is entirely inside the client. The only possible solution would be to create an entirely new action that does the same thing... perhaps the devs will fix the current one :lol:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nope, that is entirely inside the client. The only possible solution would be to create an entirely new action that does the same thing... perhaps the devs will fix the current one :lol:
I sent a message to Kyronix.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still having trouble with healthbars, today we went to Corgul 3 times and about halfway into the 2nd one I lost all bars of friends and monsters and never got them back, even after relogging. After the events I got them back. Before I have got them back by hitting the redo button but this time that didn't work either.

<wstring>: NO HUE DATA!!! (0) bane chosen guard

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still having trouble with healthbars, today we went to Corgul 3 times and about halfway into the 2nd one I lost all bars of friends and monsters and never got them back, even after relogging. After the events I got them back. Before I have got them back by hitting the redo button but this time that didn't work either.

<wstring>: NO HUE DATA!!! (0) bane chosen guard

the error in the log is fixed now, but the problem you are having is not related to the UI, it's a client issue and you can fix it only by restarting the client completely (probably).

In Options - what should the Disk Cache (MB) be set at?
the cache is used only to store houses so they don't have to be reloaded everytime you pass through an area, so the higher the better until you start having ghost house issues and then it becomes more an annoyance than a feature :p

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the error in the log is fixed now, but the problem you are having is not related to the UI, it's a client issue and you can fix it only by restarting the client completely (probably).

the cache is used only to store houses so they don't have to be reloaded everytime you pass through an area, so the higher the better until you start having ghost house issues and then it becomes more an annoyance than a feature :p
Thanks for the reply, yeah, I have had the cache set to max for a long long time and never any problem but thanks for the warning for the possible problem but I have a lot of memory so maybe not a problem.

When I restarted the game the first time to try to fix the healthbars I only went back to the UO page and it didn't work, but then I went closed the whole game and it did work for only a little bit and messed up again. It's happened more now without even the amount of activity that I had when I first noticed it, I hope the devs fix it, it surely must be happening in vanilla EC if it's the client so does no good for me to complain, they just say, oh you're using Pinco's, tell him.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply, yeah, I have had the cache set to max for a long long time and never any problem but thanks for the warning for the possible problem but I have a lot of memory so maybe not a problem.

When I restarted the game the first time to try to fix the healthbars I only went back to the UO page and it didn't work, but then I went closed the whole game and it did work for only a little bit and messed up again. It's happened more now without even the amount of activity that I had when I first noticed it, I hope the devs fix it, it surely must be happening in vanilla EC if it's the client so does no good for me to complain, they just say, oh you're using Pinco's, tell him.
It's the blame game... you tell me, I tell them, they pretend no email is arrived so they won't answer and neither fix, and the cycle goes on and on, and day after day things gets worst... as long as they have money in their pockets they have no reason to fix anything :/

All this reminds me of this old movie:

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've got a weird bug I can't explain. On one of my accounts, I can't use the mount/dismount hotkey to mount any mounts, but dismount works fine. Thoughts? Works fine on any other account. Pet I'm trying to mount is included in the mount list.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got a weird bug I can't explain. On one of my accounts, I can't use the mount/dismount hotkey to mount any mounts, but dismount works fine. Thoughts? Works fine on any other account. Pet I'm trying to mount is included in the mount list.
In order to mount a living pet you need to be 1 tile from it or it won't mount, besides that you should check if there is any error when you try to mount it.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In order to mount a living pet you need to be 1 tile from it or it won't mount, besides that you should check if there is any error when you try to mount it.
Yup, close enough to mount it. No errors either.

Like I said, it works on my other account just fine.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mine does the same, I thought I messed something up. Was trying to get rid of those annoying icons for pet commands and figured I messed it up.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mine does the same, I thought I messed something up. Was trying to get rid of those annoying icons for pet commands and figured I messed it up.
you can try to delete the folder inside user data called with the name you get by typing in chat: /script Interface.GetVariablesFolder()
that should reset the mounts list :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can try to delete the folder inside user data called with the name you get by typing in chat: /script Interface.GetVariablesFolder()
that should reset the mounts list :)
How am I supposed to tell if that worked? I did it but saw no difference and still don't have a mount/dismount button.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Didn't work for me. I even tried totally deleted all the player variables and restarting from scratch. It would work for a bit, then totally stop mounting. What I can't figure out is its only on this character, none of the others.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didn't work for me. I even tried totally deleted all the player variables and restarting from scratch. It would work for a bit, then totally stop mounting. What I can't figure out is its only on this character, none of the others.
Maybe you have another pet and is trying to mount that one?
Since there is a client bug that prevents from getting the item properties more than once, sometimes it fails to detect if a pet is rideable or not...

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There is an issue with vendors.

In my own vendor when I want to adjust the money the field dissappear and I cannot enter anything

In foreign vendors sometimes the bag opens like classic sometimes like EC.
Sometimes I can click the button to change sometimes the button won't work.

Also I cannot buy anything I the grid view which is crap.

I also notices a trading issue when it comes to having a payment over the borders of a Plat
For example. I have 1p and 20m but I want to trade 100m
It won't let me enter 100m.but jumps to my max of 20m

In order now to make a trade I have to first get somehow rid of 20m and 1gp so I have 999m and 999 999 gold before I can enter 100m

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe you have another pet and is trying to mount that one?
Since there is a client bug that prevents from getting the item properties more than once, sometimes it fails to detect if a pet is rideable or not...
Just a a single pet, character is a tamer. I'm honestly at a total loss as to what it would be.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is an issue with vendors.

In my own vendor when I want to adjust the money the field dissappear and I cannot enter anything

In foreign vendors sometimes the bag opens like classic sometimes like EC.
Sometimes I can click the button to change sometimes the button won't work.

Also I cannot buy anything I the grid view which is crap.

I also notices a trading issue when it comes to having a payment over the borders of a Plat
For example. I have 1p and 20m but I want to trade 100m
It won't let me enter 100m.but jumps to my max of 20m

In order now to make a trade I have to first get somehow rid of 20m and 1gp so I have 999m and 999 999 gold before I can enter 100m
Check for errors if the field disappears there must be something wrong...

About the other vendors by default they open as freeform, but if you close them as grid that gets saved. But sometimes the game fails to get the properties of the vendor so it can't recognize it as player vendor and it opens the container like any other container... you can switch manually with the green swirl button.

In the trade window there is no conversion. Is not supported by default either. The solution is: turn the platinum into gold before trading :p

And where might I find this "mounts list"?
Main Menu -> Mount List

Just a a single pet, character is a tamer. I'm honestly at a total loss as to what it would be.
what kind of pet is that? :D

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pet is a Cu, but it happens with any pet. It won't read my Charger of the Fallen Statuette either

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet is a Cu, but it happens with any pet. It won't read my Charger of the Fallen Statuette either
try to remap the key (remove it completely and add it again), there was a bug not long ago that messed up with that binding...

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
try to remap the key (remove it completely and add it again), there was a bug not long ago that messed up with that binding...
Remapped it to P (made it a totally blank hotkey, then assigned P), same behavior. Able to dismount, will not remount.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remapped it to P (made it a totally blank hotkey, then assigned P), same behavior. Able to dismount, will not remount.
what is the color ID of the cu? maybe there is a missing color in the db...

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
RROR: The process cannot access the file 'E:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\musLenght.txt' because it is being used by another process.

RROR: The process cannot access the file 'E:\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\logs\26725906_ECPCheck.dat' because it is being used by another process.

Script Call failed - Error while calling [SkillsTracker.Initialize]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/SkillsTracker/SkillsTracker.lua"]:132: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Script Call failed - Error while calling [SkillsWindow.Initialize]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Character/Skills/SkillsWindow/SkillsWindow.lua"]:172: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
None of em look like they relate to mounts.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of em look like they relate to mounts.
no, nothing there... have you tried with a completely clean new profile? (like transferring the character to TC)
You can also try to rename the pet in case the name is the problem (you never know :D )

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
no, nothing there... have you tried with a completely clean new profile? (like transferring the character to TC)
You can also try to rename the pet in case the name is the problem (you never know :D )
Transferred to test to see if it happens over there.
Ready for odd? Like really really freaking odd?

It mounts, but it won't dismount. Tries to mount the ethy while I'm riding the Cu. Still no bugs in the error log.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Mastery choice goes away nearly every time I log out of the game on all my characters that have masteries. I have to reset it each time I log in.