• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not for me, it tries to load but now i have a giant pincos in the middle and Loading locked under it and this is on my laptop that i didn't mess up by reloading and have the same thing on desktop that I reloaded the UI on.

update: Funny thing is on both comps the game actually responds to the mouse with being able to move around normally and hear sound but have the giant pinco/loading overlay so can't see much of the screen and the screen looks not to be loaded because it is missing backpack and chat and hotbars are not in correct places.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not for me, it tries to load but now i have a giant pincos in the middle and Loading locked under it and this is on my laptop that i didn't mess up by reloading and have the same thing on desktop that I reloaded the UI on.

update: Funny thing is on both comps the game actually responds to the mouse with being able to move around normally and hear sound but have the giant pinco/loading overlay so can't see much of the screen and the screen looks not to be loaded because it is missing backpack and chat and hotbars are not in correct places.
that happens because it fails to start, check all the read/write rights on the game folder (sub-folders too) and make sure you start the game with EC Playsound run as admin...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that happens because it fails to start, check all the read/write rights on the game folder (sub-folders too) and make sure you start the game with EC Playsound run as admin...
Been there done that - on desktop and on laptop -- still doesn't work, laptop has had no changes since your patch and it is exactly the same. Complete reboot on both comps, no difference

Can load EC default no problem on both comps

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Been there done that - on desktop and on laptop -- still doesn't work, laptop has had no changes since your patch and it is exactly the same. Complete reboot on both comps, no difference

I had the same issue. I reset permissions and removed read-only flag on the whole UserInterface folder. Added full permissions for Admin/Users to EC PlaySound and took ownership of it. It started working after that.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This can't be compared to default. If this happens is because the client or EC Playsound is failing to write a file so either the client or EC Playsound lacks the permissions to read/write stuff in the game folder (and/or sub-folders)...

I had the same issue. I reset permissions and removed read-only flag on the whole UserInterface folder. Added full permissions for Admin/Users to EC PlaySound and took ownership of it. It started working after that.
yep, this is the only thing that can fix it :D

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
check now with the new system :)
Ran 3 clients most of the night, not a single popup warning about needing EC PlaySound. Thank you so much for reworking this! You have no idea how much sanity was just restored to me :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ran 3 clients most of the night, not a single popup warning about needing EC PlaySound. Thank you so much for reworking this! You have no idea how much sanity was just restored to me :p
The new system has no popup, it checks at login, and if you close EC playsound it will close the game too :p

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While loring, this pops up, clicking drop down worked for the first few times, then unresponsive

upload_2018-1-27_12-2-8.png

Last Function Called: UO_DefaultWindow.Initialize()
Error Message: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:1060: attempt to concatenate local 'rate' (a nil value)

Error Message: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Gumps/Animal Lore/AnimalLore.lua"]:1060: attempt to concatenate local 'rate' (a nil value)

Last Function Called: (pcall)Interface.UpdateLatency( 0.064000003039837 )
Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump75 is not a Label

Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump75 is not a Label

Last Function Called: ItemProperties.UpdateItemPropertiesData()
Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump252 is not a Label

Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump252 is not a Label

Last Function Called: (pcall)Interface.UpdateLatency( 0.074000000953674 )
Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump243 is not a Label

Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump243 is not a Label

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can't play at this time as when I log in your Pinco's UI Loading screen NEVER goes away...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't play at this time as when I log in your Pinco's UI Loading screen NEVER goes away...
as said above, client and EC Playsound need the read/write rights to the game folder and sub-folders, if they can't write the UI won't start.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
as said above, client and EC Playsound need the read/write rights to the game folder and sub-folders, if they can't write the UI won't start.
Shouldn't they have that??? I haven't changed anything and I always start it in Admin.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shouldn't they have that??? I haven't changed anything and I always start it in Admin.
probably not, the new system check for EC Playsound at login (no more popup), so if it can't write it can't start :p

While loring, this pops up, clicking drop down worked for the first few times, then unresponsive

View attachment 76878

it should work now :)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still doesn't work on either computer. I'm ok on computer settings but I'm not a whiz so I guess this is it for Pinco's and me unless someone can post exactly what files and what to do to each file which I know is a big order. Now I'm afraid I've messed up my desktop to the place where it's either made it dangerous for leaving files open for all to access or didn't set the right ones - no idea.

Terribly disappointed - we have our weekly guild fight this morning in about an hour and I have to try to figure out if I can do it now in CC or EC and have enough macros to even be somewhat useful.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still doesn't work on either computer. I'm ok on computer settings but I'm not a whiz so I guess this is it for Pinco's and me unless someone can post exactly what files and what to do to each file which I know is a big order. Now I'm afraid I've messed up my desktop to the place where it's either made it dangerous for leaving files open for all to access or didn't set the right ones - no idea.

Terribly disappointed - we have our weekly guild fight this morning in about an hour and I have to try to figure out if I can do it now in CC or EC and have enough macros to even be somewhat useful.
you must set the game folder (and ALL sub-folders) rights to everyone to full control.

maybe this can be useful from the other post:
Hi Pinco!
EDIT: I deleted the PlayerVariablesMods folder and restarted, and it worked.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, every time I logoff the music starts playing and I have to go into settings when I log in and Check then Uncheck the Play EC Playsound Music box to turn it back off, even though it was checked off. I never play with music because I'm logged into a Vent server.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco, every time I logoff the music starts playing and I have to go into settings when I log in and Check then Uncheck the Play EC Playsound Music box to turn it back off, even though it was checked off. I never play with music because I'm logged into a Vent server.
Same here. It always plays that song.

I. Realy. Hate. That. Song.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. It always plays that song.

I. Realy. Hate. That. Song.
it should work now.
if the music on the login screen bothers you, just set the music volume to 0 :D

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you must set the game folder (and ALL sub-folders) rights to everyone to full control.

maybe this can be useful from the other post:[/QUOTE
Done everything I know how to do on desktop and no change, not messing with laptop and it's the same too. End result is I guess I'm giving up, I've ran out of things to do and I have done so many settings Win10 made me verify my identity and now I lock up trying to give permissions to files. D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did set it to 0 but I have do it on each character, but such is life ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done everything I know how to do on desktop and no change, not messing with laptop and it's the same too. End result is I guess I'm giving up, I've ran out of things to do and I have done so many settings Win10 made me verify my identity and now I lock up trying to give permissions to files. D
it's possible that if you have the game in program files windows may give you hard times, have you tried to move it somewhere else? also have you checked the antivirus if it's the one blocking EC Playsound?
also have you checked for errors? (maybe is some error that blocks the UI from loading)

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hiya :)

upload_2018-1-28_22-14-31.png

View attachment 76904

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
Error in the application.
-(VFW_E_NOT_FOUND)
at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio_Open(String fileName, Boolean autoRun)
at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio..ctor(String fileName, Boolean autoRun)
at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio.FromFile(String filename)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.PlayMusicFile(String command, Boolean loops, Double pos, Double endpos)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.AudioManager(String f)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.FileScan_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump12 is not a Label

Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump12 is not a Label

Last Function Called: (pcall)Interface.UpdateLatency( 0.057000000029802 )
Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump4 is not a Label

Error Message: Error in function call 'LabelGetTextColor': Window GenericGump4 is not a Label

Error Message: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/ItemProperties/ItemProperties.lua"]:4536: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya :)

View attachment 76903

View attachment 76904

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
Error in the application.
-(VFW_E_NOT_FOUND)
at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio_Open(String fileName, Boolean autoRun)
at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio..ctor(String fileName, Boolean autoRun)
at Microsoft.DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback.Audio.FromFile(String filename)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.PlayMusicFile(String command, Boolean loops, Double pos, Double endpos)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.AudioManager(String f)
at ECPlaySound.PlaySound.FileScan_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Error Message: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/ItemProperties/ItemProperties.lua"]:4536: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
not very useful without a context :D

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
not very useful without a context :D
:rolleyes:

haha, true :p

pops up, when recalling and arriving at destination, when entering new areas, happens almost every time entering twisted weild? the cu place...

thank you...

and where can i read about the new pet rating system?

upload_2018-1-28_22-50-29.png

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:rolleyes:

haha, true :p

pops up, when recalling and arriving at destination, when entering new areas, happens almost every time entering twisted weild? the cu place...

thank you...

and where can i read about the new pet rating system?

View attachment 76905
there is no new rating system, just bad format (it should be fixed now) :D

also that error happen because a music file is missing, anyway it should work now, but you should make sure you have all the files (or your error log will be filled quite fast) :p

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The city loyalty section of the character sheet doesn't work right.

The button left of Citizenship should renounce your current city, but actually opens the titles purchase menu. The he button left of Citizenship Titles actually turns on and off loyalty gain messages...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On bosses the damage total tally on the chat goes back to zero several times in a long fight. Most noted on the rooftop bosses.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The city loyalty section of the character sheet doesn't work right.

The button left of Citizenship should renounce your current city, but actually opens the titles purchase menu. The he button left of Citizenship Titles actually turns on and off loyalty gain messages...

On bosses the damage total tally on the chat goes back to zero several times in a long fight. Most noted on the rooftop bosses.
that was because the damage count used to get purged in 1 minute of not dealing damage, anyway I've increased the timer to 10 minutes, that should do :D

by the way what was blocking the UI from starting?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

that was because the damage count used to get purged in 1 minute of not dealing damage, anyway I've increased the timer to 10 minutes, that should do :D

by the way what was blocking the UI from starting?
I have no idea what was blocking it, I had every setting changed that I could find in permissions and made sure my antivirus wasn't acting up and finally I gave up, used EC for 2 days, came back to try yours again and got one of your patches and bingo, right in, it works fine now.

In fact, right now it's working wonderful, I can switch to mobile bars sometimes in some circumstances without noticeable lag, the bank box now opens the second and successive time quickly, on the roof yesterday the large boss loot popped up immediately, not sorted but still much much better than before.

The whole UI is working great right now for me, thank you for all this work you've been putting in, if you could see the difference from my view you'd say wow it is MUCH better !!!

Last edited:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm getting timestamps in (at least) one of my character's journals. That's fine for log files, helpful even, but they are annoying when trying to pay attention to what is said. I could swear there used to be a toggle for this...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, thanks for adding the option to remove overhead bars. I went to the M&G last night on Atlantic with it turned on and could hardly move due to lag, as soon as I turned it off the lag disappeared.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting timestamps in (at least) one of my character's journals. That's fine for log files, helpful even, but they are annoying when trying to pay attention to what is said. I could swear there used to be a toggle for this...
the option was there but it was in incognito... calling himself text fading :D
now the spell should have worn off and you should recognize it :p

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Is this new? I've been reworking macros lately to make them the same across characters. I use the following to cast invisibility:

key="Left Control+`"

But this morning when I used it, I switched to some sort of debug screen. Are you using that keystroke for something else?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Never mind. I loaded a program called "Ditto", a clipboard manager. Its default key is Left-Ctrl-`. Almost killed me. :/ Guess I'll be uninstalling that. :p

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
hi
I used to have this setting enabled, can't remember where it is anymore.
After you loot a corpse, pressing CTRL SHIFT, would make it disappear from the list of unlooted corpses.
Making me go nuts

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi
I used to have this setting enabled, can't remember where it is anymore.
After you loot a corpse, pressing CTRL SHIFT, would make it disappear from the list of unlooted corpses.
Making me go nuts
the setting is auto ignore corpses :D

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the setting is auto ignore corpses :D
Actually, no, let me rephrase...

Kill mob
CRTL SHIFT= corpse of mob
Open corpse
Kill next mob, CTRL SHIFT only showed the new corpse, and not the old corpse.

Now it shows all the corpses, like ALL of them, do hard to tell which has been looted, and which ones have not.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, no, let me rephrase...

Kill mob
CRTL SHIFT= corpse of mob
Open corpse
Kill next mob, CTRL SHIFT only showed the new corpse, and not the old corpse.

Now it shows all the corpses, like ALL of them, do hard to tell which has been looted, and which ones have not.
that's the setting, when you open the corpse it will add it to the ignore list and you won't see it anymore...

Mobidoy

Adventurer
Would it be possible to save the order the items shows up on the corpse (and containers) IE:

When I go hunt for Artifacts, I change the sort order to have arties up top, then maps and then other items. But as soon as I log out, those settings are lost and I have to redo them, they revert to default settings.

Also, maybe adding sorting profile so depending on what I am out for, I could just select that profile and those wanted items shows up on top of the container/corpse.

Thank you and great work.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would it be possible to save the order the items shows up on the corpse (and containers) IE:

When I go hunt for Artifacts, I change the sort order to have arties up top, then maps and then other items. But as soon as I log out, those settings are lost and I have to redo them, they revert to default settings.

Also, maybe adding sorting profile so depending on what I am out for, I could just select that profile and those wanted items shows up on top of the container/corpse.

Thank you and great work.
it's saving just fine for me, check for errors if it still happens and let me know how to replicate the issue :)
adding more profiles for the sort order is not a good thing, it will be too heavy for the client to manage, better if you find a basic order that works for every case... artifacts (they are NOT the randomly generated ones) for example there can't be more than 1 in the loot and so it goes for maps...

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 Inquiries:

How does the import/export settings work? I export on one character and open another account or character and there is no "import" option.

When will the finders keepers start working again without losing everything at server down or logging in or out?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting
When that option is enabled, it's not showing any corpses with CTRL SHIFT
check the object handle filter (in the menu bar actions...)

2 Inquiries:

How does the import/export settings work? I export on one character and open another account or character and there is no "import" option.

When will the finders keepers start working again without losing everything at server down or logging in or out?
if it's not working it means the client is failing to write the data in the user data folder (for some reason), do you have the chat log between sessions?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
check the object handle filter (in the menu bar actions...)

if it's not working it means the client is failing to write the data in the user data folder (for some reason), do you have the chat log between sessions?
Have no idea what you mean, I have never even seen the chat log, wouldn't even know how to use it.
Is this "user data folder" in the X86 program files or in my documents area?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have no idea what you mean, I have never even seen the chat log, wouldn't even know how to use it.
Is this "user data folder" in the X86 program files or in my documents area?
I mean the last messages of the last session :D
Is in documents, check if you have global variables folder and also many player variables (1 per character)

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean the last messages of the last session :D
Is in documents, check if you have global variables folder and also many player variables (1 per character)
I don't have or variables in My Documents, only in X86 folder, here are screenshots of what I see.
Screenshot (71).png Screenshot (70).png Screenshot (69).png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok first bug problem the Backpack icon on the Pet bar no longer functions... I click it and it won't open... :(

Second... And I hate to agree with everyone though I do like the song... but when I am running MULTIPLE clients 2 or 3 that music is KILLING my computer... The lag is insane... and sometimes it's REAL soft and other times it nearly blasts me out of my seat ... it can't make up it's mind on where the volume ought to be.

And if there are more than 10 other people on the screen I lock up every 5 steps and can't move at all until I ctrl+R then I get 5 more steps and lock up again... this occurs at EVERY EM Event and sometimes at meetings and sometimes at Champ spawns when there are loads of mobs on the screen.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the game folder has nothing to do with it. You must check: Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data
It appears mine is messed up, sometimes I open the files in My Docs and the variables are there, next time I open they're gone and it just reloaded I think all of your UI when I logged in just now. I haven't moved or deleted or done anything with any of your files.
Finders/Keepers settings do not save when I log out and back in.
I can play/move/fight fine, use macros etc, but it won't save my loot sort and I cannot get import/export to work at all.

How do I reinstall your UI without losing the settings on every character? It seems the uninstall/reinstall buttons on your opening window do not work for me, just tells me "FAILED".

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok first bug problem the Backpack icon on the Pet bar no longer functions... I click it and it won't open... :(

Second... And I hate to agree with everyone though I do like the song... but when I am running MULTIPLE clients 2 or 3 that music is KILLING my computer... The lag is insane... and sometimes it's REAL soft and other times it nearly blasts me out of my seat ... it can't make up it's mind on where the volume ought to be.

And if there are more than 10 other people on the screen I lock up every 5 steps and can't move at all until I ctrl+R then I get 5 more steps and lock up again... this occurs at EVERY EM Event and sometimes at meetings and sometimes at Champ spawns when there are loads of mobs on the screen.
the backpack button should work now :)

the only solution for the music is to turn it off in all but 1 characters, there is no way to make it work properly otherwise...

About the lag, the problem is the number of hotbars or the number of healthbars. Disable the overhead healthbars and keep the number of the normal ones at minimum and it will be fine...

It appears mine is messed up, sometimes I open the files in My Docs and the variables are there, next time I open they're gone and it just reloaded I think all of your UI when I logged in just now. I haven't moved or deleted or done anything with any of your files.
Finders/Keepers settings do not save when I log out and back in.
I can play/move/fight fine, use macros etc, but it won't save my loot sort and I cannot get import/export to work at all.

How do I reinstall your UI without losing the settings on every character? It seems the uninstall/reinstall buttons on your opening window do not work for me, just tells me "FAILED".
it's pointless to unistall the UI, it's not an UI problem.

There are only 2 possible causes:
1. you have an antivirus or something that uses heuristic and sees the client as a malware and deletes the files it writes into the user data folder.

2. you are using multiple clients. Since the client is not designed to run properly with multiple instances, this is what happesn:
- Client 1 login and load the data -> you save some settings -> logout -> Client 1 saves your data.
- Client 2 login and load the data -> logout -> Client 2 deletes the data because it has nothing in memory (removing all that client 1 saved)

the first case can be solved by adding the client to the exceptions of your antivirus, the second case can be solved only by using 1 client at time (when you need to export the settings at least), in both cases there is no workaround :/

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the backpack button should work now :)

the only solution for the music is to turn it off in all but 1 characters, there is no way to make it work properly otherwise...

About the lag, the problem is the number of hotbars or the number of healthbars. Disable the overhead healthbars and keep the number of the normal ones at minimum and it will be fine...

it's pointless to unistall the UI, it's not an UI problem.

There are only 2 possible causes:
1. you have an antivirus or something that uses heuristic and sees the client as a malware and deletes the files it writes into the user data folder.

2. you are using multiple clients. Since the client is not designed to run properly with multiple instances, this is what happesn:
- Client 1 login and load the data -> you save some settings -> logout -> Client 1 saves your data.
- Client 2 login and load the data -> logout -> Client 2 deletes the data because it has nothing in memory (removing all that client 1 saved)

the first case can be solved by adding the client to the exceptions of your antivirus, the second case can be solved only by using 1 client at time (when you need to export the settings at least), in both cases there is no workaround :/

Getting frustrated again here, I have not used any double clients, I have shut off my antivirus/malware program - if I log out and back in I still lose the finders keepers on both my laptop and my desktop, tried both with same result. I have evidently done something wrong in my many forays into the world of which I know little about so I'm completely baffled and I'm sure something I have done along the way is creating this nonsense.