• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were about 20 people there all in the guild I'm in and the bars stay over there head, so that may be the cause. Not sure how to fix that tho
try to send me your profile so I can check what do you have active...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were about 20 people there all in the guild I'm in and the bars stay over there head, so that may be the cause. Not sure how to fix that tho
from what I can see you have 10 bars in the list per x5 types = 50 healthbars (overhead bars don't appear if you have the bars in the list), + you have 100+ active hotbar's slots (40+ more than the safe limit to prevent lag).
That's the cause of the lag :D

With your profile I have 10-15 fps in places with few npcs just because of the hotbars, put them all in auto-hide and the fps is jumped up to 30 :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I deleted my profile and created a new one. I limited the number of bars to 4 and created a bunch of macros with assigned keys but didn't put them in bars. I'll see how our next hunt goes. Question for you @Pinco , I can't find where you limit the number of mobile bars in the new interface, I used to limit Blues to 5, etc so where is it now?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I deleted my profile and created a new one. I limited the number of bars to 4 and created a bunch of macros with assigned keys but didn't put them in bars. I'll see how our next hunt goes. Question for you @Pinco , I can't find where you limit the number of mobile bars in the new interface, I used to limit Blues to 5, etc so where is it now?
at the moment the number of bars is fixed to 10 per type and 20 total (like on default).
About hotkeys, remember that you can assign keys directly from the spellbook/skill window for simple casting macros, also using the overhead healthbars instead of the entire list of healthbars is MUCH better (you can use the smart next/previous/nearest and most injured mobile action to get what you can't target manually) :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Having an issue with the trade window. Items aren't always visible to me when someone else starts the trade.

Code:
14-01-2018 11-24-51 Last Function Called: TradeWindow.MiniModelUpdate()
 Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [TradeWindow.MiniModelUpdate]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/TradeWindow/TradeWindow.lua"]:514: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)
Edit:

I also ran into an issue with the Boss Bar -- if an enemy that triggers the boss bar uses invisibility on itself, the boss bar won't reappear after they re-appear.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having an issue with the trade window. Items aren't always visible to me when someone else starts the trade.

Code:
14-01-2018 11-24-51 Last Function Called: TradeWindow.MiniModelUpdate()
 Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [TradeWindow.MiniModelUpdate]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/System/TradeWindow/TradeWindow.lua"]:514: attempt to index local 'item' (a nil value)
Edit:

I also ran into an issue with the Boss Bar -- if an enemy that triggers the boss bar uses invisibility on itself, the boss bar won't reappear after they re-appear.
the trade window should work now, the boss bar probably (I have tested it on a player so it should work on a real boss too :D )

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
the trade window should work now, the boss bar probably (I have tested it on a player so it should work on a real boss too :D )
Thanks! Trade window looks to be good again. Will test boss bar next time I'm at one.

I did get this in the Logs when logging in, but haven't noticed anything not working yet:

Code:
Last Function Called: CharacterAbilities.Initialize()
 Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [CharacterAbilities.Initialize]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/SpellsInfo.lua"]:2015: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
BTW, GREAT work on the recent updates. The game performance has never been better IMO. Getting consistent 50+ FPS on characters that used to get 20. It's great!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! Trade window looks to be good again. Will test boss bar next time I'm at one.

I did get this in the Logs when logging in, but haven't noticed anything not working yet:

Code:
Last Function Called: CharacterAbilities.Initialize()
 Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [CharacterAbilities.Initialize]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Data/SpellsInfo.lua"]:2015: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
BTW, GREAT work on the recent updates. The game performance has never been better IMO. Getting consistent 50+ FPS on characters that used to get 20. It's great!
good to know, perhaps with the future reworks we can gain some more fps here and there :p

the spell error should be gone now, also if you are using scrolls, the target and context menu for spells (like polymorph) should work like on normal spells :)

Since all seems to be working with the new settings I'm gonna move on the next rework: macros + import/export system :D

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Figured out what was causing my lag doing Scalis. It's not the new boss bar, but the new life bars that stay up over my guildmates heads and having the mobile docks for Green open. I closed the mobile docks and the lag disappeared but, I have to say I prefer the Mobile docks over the health bars being over everyones heads. It makes the screen messy since they move with the person and there were 8-10 guildmates plus 6-8 pets so it was much harder to target who needed to be healed as opposed to the stationary Mobile docks. Is there a way to turn off the new ones?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco Figured out what was causing my lag doing Scalis. It's not the new boss bar, but the new life bars that stay up over my guildmates heads and having the mobile docks for Green open. I closed the mobile docks and the lag disappeared but, I have to say I prefer the Mobile docks over the health bars being over everyones heads. It makes the screen messy since they move with the person and there were 8-10 guildmates plus 6-8 pets so it was much harder to target who needed to be healed as opposed to the stationary Mobile docks. Is there a way to turn off the new ones?
yeah, the old healthbars are really heavy, I don't know if there is a way to improve them, we'll see if I get to rework them or not :D

the overhead bars can't be disabled yet (is the only way to get some feebacks :p ), in the next future for sure :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I found out why the screen looks dirty, by default I have set that there can't be the overhead healthbar if you already have the normal healthbar out (in list or not), but noone notice that you can have both active at the same time :D

it should be fix now :p

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Since all seems to be working with the new settings I'm gonna move on the next rework: macros + import/export system :D
Hi
I am not sure what you have in mind... but if I may...

You know how you have character names as profiles in this folder...
C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\USERNAME\Atlantic\CHARNAME

wondering if it would be possible to load/change to a different profile for the same character...
e.g.
C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\USERNAME\Atlantic\CHAR1-PVM
C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\USERNAME\Atlantic\CHAR1-SPAWN
C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\USERNAME\Atlantic\CHAR1-BANKSITTING

:)
TY

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi
I am not sure what you have in mind... but if I may...

You know how you have character names as profiles in this folder...
C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\USERNAME\Atlantic\CHARNAME

wondering if it would be possible to load/change to a different profile for the same character...
e.g.
C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\USERNAME\Atlantic\CHAR1-PVM
C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\USERNAME\Atlantic\CHAR1-SPAWN
C:\Users\User\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\USERNAME\Atlantic\CHAR1-BANKSITTING

:)
TY
that is handled inside the client, and even if I wanted to do it with EC Playsound it wouldn't work, because that operation needs to be done BEFORE the login and the UI is loaded when the character get inside :(

The profile files has always been one of the weak point of the client, especially if you have multiple characters with the same name in the same shard... in that case you'll have 1 profile for all of them -.-

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ah, that sucks
haha
See, some profiles are macro heavy, and I'd much rather have a smaller profile with minimum macros/bars for hunting or other resource heavy tasks..
but ty for the response :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Pinco, still having issues with buying items off player vendor merchants with right-click in Grid/List view. It looks to only happen when the container is opened via the vendor search map context menu. If I right-click on the map > Open container, I can only buy in freeform view. However, if I find the actual vendor, double-click the vendor, and find the item on the vendor (even in sub-bags), I can right-click > buy. Nothing seen in error logs, just a chat message to the extent of "You cannot pick up that item".

So there's a workaround, but some vendor houses are a disaster and it's annoying trying to find the correct merchant. Any ideas?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ah, that sucks
haha
See, some profiles are macro heavy, and I'd much rather have a smaller profile with minimum macros/bars for hunting or other resource heavy tasks..
I do something that might help, I actually have separate profiles for the same character. I just log out, copy in the correct profile, and log back in again. I suspect you're already doing that, though.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Pinco, when I open a chest, it seems to default to the same location each time, even if I move it. That's no big deal, I can drag it to where I want it on the screen. But the first time I open it, it's 5 squares "grid" across, and the 2nd time it's 6 squares across. Why does it change size?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, still having issues with buying items off player vendor merchants with right-click in Grid/List view. It looks to only happen when the container is opened via the vendor search map context menu. If I right-click on the map > Open container, I can only buy in freeform view. However, if I find the actual vendor, double-click the vendor, and find the item on the vendor (even in sub-bags), I can right-click > buy. Nothing seen in error logs, just a chat message to the extent of "You cannot pick up that item".

So there's a workaround, but some vendor houses are a disaster and it's annoying trying to find the correct merchant. Any ideas?
That is a case that I've never tested, it wouldn't be hard to fix if the vendor search worked for trial accounts :/
If you brought the map detail up 5 days ago I would still have the account active (since I've used it for the cooldowns research), but now it's not worth to re-activate it just for that :/
I can try blindly and see if we are lucky tho.. toss a coin and see if it's working now :D

@Pinco, when I open a chest, it seems to default to the same location each time, even if I move it. That's no big deal, I can drag it to where I want it on the screen. But the first time I open it, it's 5 squares "grid" across, and the 2nd time it's 6 squares across. Why does it change size?
the size problem should be fixed now, the position not saving could have been a clock problem (if it was, it should be fixed now), if not it's one of the many client oddities... especially if 1 container position get saved and the others not :D

ah, that sucks
haha
maybe the new macro import/export system will help :p

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do something that might help, I actually have separate profiles for the same character. I just log out, copy in the correct profile, and log back in again. I suspect you're already doing that, though.
LOL ty
I already do that :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, the Unequip action cannot be updated or a new one created. When you drag the action icon to the bar, you get the pop-up, but you can't scroll down to select which slot you want to unequip.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco, the Unequip action cannot be updated or a new one created. When you drag the action icon to the bar, you get the pop-up, but you can't scroll down to select which slot you want to unequip.
the scrollbar was under the slots, now it should be fine :D

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That is a case that I've never tested, it wouldn't be hard to fix if the vendor search worked for trial accounts :/
If you brought the map detail up 5 days ago I would still have the account active (since I've used it for the cooldowns research), but now it's not worth to re-activate it just for that :/
I can try blindly and see if we are lucky tho.. toss a coin and see if it's working now :D
Still not working from Maps, but Zeke gave me a workaround for the issue (vendor buy), so I wouldn't worry too much about it :) Maybe add it to your list of things to look at if/when you have any active account again.

Also, after the change to the Macro system, I get really bad lag when selecting an icon for the Macro. FPS drops to around 4 and its very difficult to scroll the window. Lag goes away once an icon is selected.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still not working from Maps, but Zeke gave me a workaround for the issue (vendor buy), so I wouldn't worry too much about it :) Maybe add it to your list of things to look at if/when you have any active account again.

Also, after the change to the Macro system, I get really bad lag when selecting an icon for the Macro. FPS drops to around 4 and its very difficult to scroll the window. Lag goes away once an icon is selected.
does the compass appears when you get the vendor search map? also what's the color and ID of the vendor search map? (maybe they changed it)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the lag should be gone now :p

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
does the compass appears when you get the vendor search map? also what's the color and ID of the vendor search map? (maybe they changed it)
Tokuno Map: Color ID 1154
Malas Map: Color ID 1102
Trammel Map: Color ID 50

Couldn't find a Fel map.

Now that you mention it, the compass is not appearing anymore when I get a vendor search map.

I tried to Item ID the maps, but get no result and this in the logs:

Code:
Last Function Called: Actions.ItemIDRequestTargetInfoReceived()
 Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [Actions.ItemIDRequestTargetInfoReceived]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Actions/Actions.lua"]:1448: attempt to index global 'itemData' (a nil value)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Errors from last night:
Code:
Last Function Called: ReplaceTokens(Total Items: ~1_ITEMS~,{ 0 })  Error Message: Not enough tokens to substitute at position 1 in string T

Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 38.4501, 12.4000 )  Error Message: <string>: Trying to save undefined type for: ChannelsEnabled1912
There was also weirdness with the mobiles bars... On some characters, I only get mobiles bars under their dock spots (which is what I prefer). Some characters only get the bars above heads. And strangest of all, a few get a random mix of the two. Also, multiple people are whining about wanting to be able to choose between the two, not have the choice forced on them.

Personally, I prefer the original mobiles bars under the dock spots, at least for things like guild and alliance members. It keeps their bars in one easy to find spot.

An EM event with bars over people's heads is, in a word, a clusterfrack.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My error log is now filled with hundreds of this error:
Code:
Last Function Called: (pcall)Interface.UpdateLatency( 0.0489999987185 )
 Error Message: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:6418: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
The latency number appears to be the only thing different in each instance.

I also can't seem to click on anything, or move my character. Restarting the client made it so I can't even enter my password as nothing I type appears in field. I also can't close the client using the Quit button on the log in screen. Something has gone horribly awry...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tokuno Map: Color ID 1154
Malas Map: Color ID 1102
Trammel Map: Color ID 50

Couldn't find a Fel map.

Now that you mention it, the compass is not appearing anymore when I get a vendor search map.

I tried to Item ID the maps, but get no result and this in the logs:

Code:
Last Function Called: Actions.ItemIDRequestTargetInfoReceived()
 Error Message: Script Call failed - Error while calling [Actions.ItemIDRequestTargetInfoReceived]:
[string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Hotbars/Actions/Actions.lua"]:1448: attempt to index global 'itemData' (a nil value)
have you tried with the last patch if you get the compass?

Errors from last night:
Code:
Last Function Called: ReplaceTokens(Total Items: ~1_ITEMS~,{ 0 })  Error Message: Not enough tokens to substitute at position 1 in string T

Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 38.4501, 12.4000 )  Error Message: <string>: Trying to save undefined type for: ChannelsEnabled1912
There was also weirdness with the mobiles bars... On some characters, I only get mobiles bars under their dock spots (which is what I prefer). Some characters only get the bars above heads. And strangest of all, a few get a random mix of the two. Also, multiple people are whining about wanting to be able to choose between the two, not have the choice forced on them.

Personally, I prefer the original mobiles bars under the dock spots, at least for things like guild and alliance members. It keeps their bars in one easy to find spot.

An EM event with bars over people's heads is, in a word, a clusterfrack.
there can be only 20 bars total (of the old type), same for the overhead bars. At the moment the overhead bar is not there if you have the old healthbar active.

The option to disable the overhead bars will be added as soon as I'm sure that the boss bar works for all the bosses :p

My error log is now filled with hundreds of this error:
Code:
Last Function Called: (pcall)Interface.UpdateLatency( 0.0489999987185 )
 Error Message: <string>: [string "UserInterface/Pinco's UI/Source/Containers/ContainerWindow/ContainerWindow.lua"]:6418: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
The latency number appears to be the only thing different in each instance.

I also can't seem to click on anything, or move my character. Restarting the client made it so I can't even enter my password as nothing I type appears in field. I also can't close the client using the Quit button on the log in screen. Something has gone horribly awry...
that has nothing to do with the UI, because it's active only when your character is inside the game :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just tried tonight again, compass is showing up, but still unable to buy with right-click when opened through the map.
Using the context menu on the map should return some kind of error with the last patch, that should give the info to fix it :p

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Using the context menu on the map should return some kind of error with the last patch, that should give the info to fix it :p
Tested this morning and looks like right-click > buy is working when opened from the map context menu. I am seeing these in the log though:

Code:
Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 57.4557, 11.5067 )
 Error Message: <string>: PLEASE REPORT THIS ERROR: returnCode = 1018
Code:
Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 146.6818, 12.4053 )
 Error Message: <string>: PLEASE REPORT THIS ERROR: returnCode = 1015
I think they are getting logged when I either open or select an item on the vendor search map context menu.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tested this morning and looks like right-click > buy is working when opened from the map context menu. I am seeing these in the log though:

Code:
Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 57.4557, 11.5067 )
Code:
Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 146.6818, 12.4053 )
I think they are getting logged when I either open or select an item on the vendor search map context menu.
yes, the problem is which one is the open vendor container of the 2? :D

can you check which one appears when you use open container? :D

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
yes, the problem is which one is the open vendor container of the 2? :D

can you check which one appears when you use open container? :D
Open Container Containing Item:
Code:
Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 26.4558, 9.5067 )

Teleport To Vendor / Return To Previous Location:
Code:
Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 29.4557, 17.4053 )

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Open Container Containing Item:
Code:
Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 26.4558, 9.5067 )

Teleport To Vendor / Return To Previous Location:
Code:
Last Function Called: ContextMenu.MenuItemLButtonUp( 0.0000, 29.4557, 17.4053 )
now it should be fixed for good, without that code if you opened a container after clicking teleport it will be marked as vendor container and that would have been a mess :D

The last patch also include the container search rework (nothing new there, but it should work a bit better :) )

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
now it should be fixed for good, without that code if you opened a container after clicking teleport it will be marked as vendor container and that would have been a mess :D

The last patch also include the container search rework (nothing new there, but it should work a bit better :) )
Not fixed...

I was able to purchase something from a vendor, using the map to open it and right click to buy it once. However, when I used another map and actually teleported to the vendor, I wasn't able to buy the item by right clicking. The error generated is:
Code:
Last Function Called: CourseMapWindow.Shutdown()
 Error Message: Error in function call 'ReleaseCourseMap': Course map texture does not exist for id 0

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not fixed...

I was able to purchase something from a vendor, using the map to open it and right click to buy it once. However, when I used another map and actually teleported to the vendor, I wasn't able to buy the item by right clicking. The error generated is:
Code:
Last Function Called: CourseMapWindow.Shutdown()
 Error Message: Error in function call 'ReleaseCourseMap': Course map texture does not exist for id 0
did you have the compass active for the second map?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
it's a problem to remember for the time I'll have an active account, trying to fix things blindly never ends well it seems :/
So I tried to do some extensive testing as best I could. I got multiple maps at the same time, and it was working correctly for Trammel and Tokuno maps, but I coudldn't get Right-Click>Buy to work on a Malas map. To test further, I deleted all the maps and got only a single Malas map. The compass showed up, but I was still unable to buy when the vendor was opened from the map.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I tried to do some extensive testing as best I could. I got multiple maps at the same time, and it was working correctly for Trammel and Tokuno maps, but I coudldn't get Right-Click>Buy to work on a Malas map. To test further, I deleted all the maps and got only a single Malas map. The compass showed up, but I was still unable to buy when the vendor was opened from the map.
last try, if it doesn't work now, we'll have to wait for an active account :p

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Spellbooks don't seem to be working now though :(

Pages don't turn, no tooltips, can't cast from them, and can't right-click to assign hotkey (just closes it instead). :p

No errors in log.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Pinco, I really appreciate all the fixes and improvements lately, thank you!

Some minor issues -
a) When I open up a treasure chest, I use "search" to get rid of the 50 stone items before I start "loot all." But search doesn't work now, it's trying to search my main pack every time.
b) When I open a chest in list mode with many items, like 100, I scroll down to find an item I want. When I remove that item, the list jumps back to the top, so I have to scroll back down again. Can you hold the list at the last position?