• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween event = lame.

A

Analayla

I believe the gm begging requirement to get the rare trick or treats has been disabled. I spent yesterday trick or treating on my mule (mage/med/blacksmith/tailoring/mining/i forget the last skill but it wasn't begging) and I got 2 creepy cakes, a pumpkin pie, and some harvest wine.

S

Sevin0oo0

I can't see the pictures in Posts #'s:
139, 153, 156, 180, 183, 186, 189, 201
says invalid link if rt click,open in new tab
or times out if just clicked

any ideas, all the others in this thread are fine, any ideas?

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

hehe umm...

maybe its copyright material ?

without kidding I am pretty sure Mrs. Jade has gone over her space limit on stratics and the images are just not uploading and giving back a fake link.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't see the pictures in Posts #'s:
139, 153, 156, 180, 183, 186, 189, 201
says invalid link if rt click,open in new tab
or times out if just clicked

any ideas, all the others in this thread are fine, any ideas?
That's my experience as well

S

Sevin0oo0

in Jade's post (#105). the pictures all work, for me. All Stratics hosted.

Jade 'was' getting a lot of drop-outs & stuff. maybe a ton of noise on that IP and it does something to the links? *shrugs*

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, time to log in UO guys !

no need to confirm when 2-3 people have already confirmed they are all dead links...

:gee:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't even get into pages 1 and 2. The messages boards are totally black and won't download .. but ONLY when I LOG IN. If I don't log in I can see everything perfectly including my posts and all pictures.

139 153 156 180 183 186 189 201 are all there for me to see perfectly when I don't log in.

Any ideas what is I could be doing that is wrong? I'll try something:

Look at Post #201 soon. If that works now, I'll go back and fix all the others.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its ok I'll keep it short and simple for you :

SHE HAS EXCEEDED HER SPACE LIMIT...

lol... you guys... :heart:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jade they didnt work again...
Thanks Kayne. Originally I thought you meant UO Staff wasn't working on putting Paragon Chests in Paragon Killer Pumpkin corpses. :lol:

Hey Ahuaeyjnks ..Lady with the wisp's named character ..I wasn't sure about using up the alotted space as I am not sure how much we have so I simply resized all my photos, and am deleting the big pictures that I copied and pasted large into all my messages, and then .. replaced those with thumbnail pictures only on each message. I also changed the avatar to less pixels. (learning never ends in UO/real life)

Are my Thumbnails working? Kayne, anyone? I removed pictures, reduced size and left as thumbnail posts. Kayne?

Seven .. I discovered my Avatar photo was quite large so reduced Pixels and reposted that small picture too .. from Photobucket.

Thanks for your advice everyone! Yes Ajiaeukmls, you are probably correct in that I was over the limit. I think I am now back under the limit. But .. In any case, I will start again storing photos on other websites that others have recommended. Thanks again all :)
PS: _ as soon as I get to the bottom of the problem, I promise to get back on TOPIC. Tazar!! :)
- - after all , I have more pictures to post of my second PARATHON KILLER PUMPKIN!!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe the gm begging requirement to get the rare trick or treats has been disabled. I spent yesterday trick or treating on my mule (mage/med/blacksmith/tailoring/mining/i forget the last skill but it wasn't begging) and I got 2 creepy cakes, a pumpkin pie, and some harvest wine.
Since I didn't see anyone reply to this, the items you got are what I call *semi-rare* trick or treating items. Those are attanable (Wow I can't spell) at I think any lvl of begging, I got my first pumpkin pizza at lvl 46 begging.

To get the GM rewards you HAVE to be GM, those rewards are the spider webs, iron madien, ghost in a chair, the skull totem thingy and something else.

THOSE you can ONLY get from GM Begging.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- - hope Stratics
doesn't shut down again
when I repost this which vanished ..
- - so, as I was saying:

Persistance. Patience - -
or is it sheer insanity that keeps us trying?
(for me: UO, posting pictures :coco:)
Thus, the Saga continues:
(with advance apologies folks
if I mess this up again)

- - a Parathon Killer was hiding
under the next deceptive orange-skinned Jack O'Lantern
it... attacked me

My Faithful mare got between it and myself
giving me a chance to run!
- - should have stayed put - but ..

I ran to an outer fence, leaving mare behind
Killer Pumpkin on my heals and
breathing down my neck.
Mare chased after and got between us.
That gave me a chance to cast invis.. so did!

- - called the mare to my side for healing.
I should Never move when a Parathon is around?
Stand my ground?

No Chest again.
My second Paragon.
(*sigh*) .. a mask ..

So what good are the
GOLDEN JACK O'Lanterns?
- can't pick them up and keep them
as ornaments - - or collectibles - -

(thinks about it .. ... see next post I guess .
.. ah what the ... will post what I think here
( if they let me without destroying the threads
and/or the whole website)
afterall...
.. I am keeping the pictures small now aren't I?
.. using Photobucket ..
- -adds another picture,
shuts eyes and
hits submit .. (again)

-- a paragon necklace
- - gorget?
- - yoke?

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then two players posted the following replies:

1.Today, 07:13 PM #218
Sevin0oo0
Certifiable
----------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Jade of Sonoma
Learned something new again!
SEVINOooO - yeah, how to post pictures, Cheers M8 :shots:

2.Today, 08:14 PM #219
Ahuaeyjnkxs
stranger diamond
-----------------------------------------------------------------
what a wonderful tale hahahah

Thank you Seven - HAHAHA! I still am having problems posting pictures..
Thank you Ahuaeyjnkxs. :heart:

*after reading your replies, a sense of forboding hit so -- made a back up copy of those messages .. hmmm...

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

THREE Killers! (not even close to Theo_GL's)

all pictures .. thumbnails??

- - a posting pumpkin picture break .. ooops! How did I get this one that big?
:thumbup:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am on number 14 paragon and no chest. Most likely not going to happen
Incredible Patience Blood Ghoul! Thanks for replying. I am thinking so too!
- - - - - I declare The Winner and Title Holder to be:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -- Blood Ghoul
Legendary Patient Persistant Paragon Pumpkin Persuer

C

canary

Umm.... 10-02-11 (2 days after patch) is a little bit early to be judging the halloween season as lame. Last I checked Halloween was October 31! Which means there is lots of time for additional events, content, player contests, and EM's to do their thing. I know you are anxious to have the candy in your bucket! But I think someone needs to chillax a bit!
We now find ourselves nearing the end of the month.

You were saying...?

S

Sevin0oo0

I ws just at a field near skara for about 20-30mins, helping someone keep it clear, they had been there 2 Hours - NADA - Lame enough for me

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I never clear fields and I average about 12 pumpkins a round give or take.

This is just in fel mind you, Occlo, cove (Ive never seen a killer pumpkin in cove, which i find odd)

And then I make the run to Del (there are 2 patches there in case anyone didn't know)

I've just stood in a field and watched the things spawn with a full field of baby pumpkins so I just make a quick run every few hours and manage quite well :)

R

rottenbeggar

im still waiting for the dead to arrive maybe something like paragon dead invade town with a chance to get something like the deadmans shield sc hp reg 2 just for visiting the realm of grey screen or an aptly named death shroud with the same stats as shield because u and i know we have way too much candy and there isnt even a dentist in sosaria come on devs please.......

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never clear fields and I average about 12 pumpkins a round give or take.

This is just in fel mind you, Occlo, cove (Ive never seen a killer pumpkin in cove, which i find odd)

And then I make the run to Del (there are 2 patches there in case anyone didn't know)

I've just stood in a field and watched the things spawn with a full field of baby pumpkins so I just make a quick run every few hours and manage quite well :)
Yes Larisa! I wondered too if clearing the pumpkin fields helped at all this year.

There is Moonglow cotton field, and Moonglow Wheat field, also Illshenar .. a small field West of Spirituality, and the Savage Camp fields West of Compassion...(*see below)

Fields auto-clear and respawn all the smaller pumpkins along with the Killer Pumpkins after a few hours, .. but if you want to speed up that production of Killer Pumpkins, then clearing the fields of the small pumpkins works. If players leave the pumpkins near the fields, then it doesn't work because those pumpkins need time to decay which is the same time it takes to get a field to naturally decay and respawn. So the three methods to clear pumpkins from fields are: 1. take them over a server line or dump them in a city, or 2. fill Horde Minions and release them when overloaded. And last is 3. Dump pumpkins on corpses(as per below) Since the respawn of pumpkins in the field is much quicker, (you don't wait hours) so is the spawn of killer pumpkins is also quicker and abundant.

In Ocllo and Felucca I expect no one is bothering to clear the fields but in Trammel players who clear fields manage to get an incredible number of Killer Pumpkins to spawn again in a much shorter time.

COVE is a spot where I've found many both by clearing the fields and by checking them occasionally. But clearing works there fast and by clearing the field twice to get a killer pumpkin to spawn.

Many more farms are located West of Haven City .. and SW of the first farm. The Brigand spawn can be very lively but if a player can handle those guys, they make great corpses for dumping pumpkins into if you clear the fields... and the spawn of Killer pumpkins there would be never-ending. :)

The last place I found was the SAVAGE RIDGEBACK CAMP in Illshenar .. West of Compassion, through the gate behind the Gypsy Camp, then SOUTH .. if you can handle the spawn there. When I went in, I was okay until after killing too many of the Savages, my mare became surrounded by PARATHON SAVAGES including Mages and Riders. I had to recall to Britain City where I rezzed my mare .. and happened to meet a fellow who is in a guild and who also was looking for new fields for paragon pumpkin hunts. He and his friends returned with me to the Savage Camp and did a marvelous job clearing away the Savages and Parathon savages so others could gather the pumpkins from those two fields (West and East) and dump them on the corpses of the Savages. I am still waiting to hear if they managed to get Paragon Killer Pumpkins to spawn .. and get any chests.

I Wonder if THAT is where Blood Ghoul managed to get 14 paragon killers to spawn??? Did you go there Blood Ghoul? If so, you sure can take a great deal of stress from handling that never-ending Savage Paragon spawn .. and If not, you sure do show incredible patience by sticking to that small field long enough to get 14 paragons to spawn. I only got 3 to spawn so far. Thanks for your feedback. Am pretty sure they aren't giving Chests. You sure made a grand effort to get an answer to that question!!! :whip:<< they did add it! a new smilie !!

*MY AVITAR PICTURE IS WORDY BIRD - in case you were wondering*

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ws just at a field near skara for about 20-30mins, helping someone keep it clear, they had been there 2 Hours - NADA - Lame enough for me
They had to be keeping the cleared field's pumpkins in a too-close location (not over a server line far away from the field) or else someone has a stash of those pumpkins in the nearby house or has dropped them somewhere close to the field behind houses or in the bushes where no one would see them -- so you would have to wait a couple of hours or more, before getting respawn to occur. If it is a big field, then it would be prudent to check the area or move to a different field to clear.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Actually... I only camped the 2 pumpkin spawn sinces its right near the gate and they auto-spawn basically. "I pick up the 2 pumkins..recall to a field somewhere else, drop those two pumpkins on the ground, kill anything up, recall back to gate, portal back to Ish, check the field, pick up the pumpkins, and repeat" Its brutal.....Actually got one more late last night so 15 paragons and no chest

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why did dev start ignoring subject... if I'm not hearing about a paragon chest anytime soon I'll be really asking myself questions...

:stretcher:

How hard can it be to edit one spawn...

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Heh, I'm one of the ones still collecting! I guess I'm starting to agree with the title of this thread to an extent. I just started a couple of months ago with a new account, so I don't have the advantage of having scrolls or vet increases to my stats and skills. I also haven't gotten my character up to 4x GM, as I'm trying to explore the game a bit....

That being said, these spawns are not meant for the new character, or even the intermediate character for that matter. I was getting creamed by these guys so I sort of gave up on the whole event. I did Trick or Treat for a while, but that lost it's charm fairly quickly.

The events really should be reviewed so that they can be completed by everyone, don'tcha think?

So.... What's next?

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Ned888

It's impossible for any UO Program to please everyone because they
are set up to satisfy both Veterans of the game and new players

You can only do what you are capable of doing so you must
develop stronger skills. That is the game's challenge. So - - maybe next year will work out better for you.

Stay in Haven, spend time working skills up to snuff then take on Killer Pumpkins ..ask around and connect with someone who is
willing to help heal you while you fight killer pumpkins. Call them when you find a killer pumpkin and learn to INVIS self until they come to your aid. Or simply don't touch the big Jack O'lanterns until you can call and get someone to come.

There's always helpful players to be found, often
standing around the bank in Haven at prime times.

- - *maybe they willl add a Paragon Killer Pumpkin Chest ON
Halloween?* ... hopeful to the end - -:lol:

What happened to the picture in my message - top of this page? ... back to the drawing board .. argh! - - another thumbnail

T

tiggertessa2007

Actually... I only camped the 2 pumpkin spawn sinces its right near the gate and they auto-spawn basically. "I pick up the 2 pumkins..recall to a field somewhere else, drop those two pumpkins on the ground, kill anything up, recall back to gate, portal back to Ish, check the field, pick up the pumpkins, and repeat" Its brutal.....Actually got one more late last night so 15 paragons and no chest
hey guys if u wanna kill paragon pumpkins dont waste ur time on the fields in is that only spawn 2 pumpkins. right under lord blackthorns castle there is a savage camp. in this camp there are 2 fields that have 14-16 pumpkins each with a quick spawn back rate. if u kill off the savage spawn when u 1st get there and stay close to the wall u wont have any trouble managing both fields.

Grimm Omen if you read this i love you killer pumpkins, they are just bad a$$ bro but after 19 days of them im slightly bored with them altho i still cant walk by a field and leave one setting there lol is there any way to turn on the graveyard invasions? or the quest from last year to get the costumes? would really like just one or 2 more things to do.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hey Ned888

It's impossible for any UO Program to please everyone because they
are set up to satisfy both Veterans of the game and new players

You can only do what you are capable of doing so you must
develop stronger skills. That is the game's challenge. So - - maybe next year will work out better for you.

Stay in Haven, spend time working skills up to snuff then take on Killer Pumpkins ..ask around and connect with someone who is
willing to help heal you while you fight killer pumpkins. Call them when you find a killer pumpkin and learn to INVIS self until they come to your aid. Or simply don't touch the big Jack O'lanterns until you can call and get someone to come.

There's always helpful players to be found, often
standing around the bank in Haven at prime times.

- - *maybe they willl add a Paragon Killer Pumpkin Chest ON
Halloween?* ... hopeful to the end - -:lol:

What happened to the picture in my message - top of this page? ... back to the drawing board .. argh!
I don't think that's entirely true. I won't let these guys off the hook for this one. There is absolutely no reason that there couldn't have been content for every level of play in the game, aside from Trick or Treating that is. It might not have been the killer pumpkins, but there could have been something.

As far as Haven is concerned, I stay away from there as much as possible. I am growing to hate that place and I would love it if it sank to the bottom of the ocean! Perhaps then I would see a fellow player in Minoc or Trinsic! A pox on Haven!

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YES!!! A bigger picture posted properly in that first message top of this page. The thumbnail became invalid. I tried Photobucket's link-type Choices and chose the bottom one >> [image] << it auto-copied to mouse so posted directly!

I was missing that one step.

The mistake I was making first was typing the full name [image][/image]in front and back of the URL which I copied from 'Properties' on the back side of a photo. Then I found out one should abreiviate image to [img] and not use [image] .. so - -I didn't even try to use Photobucket's URL link before because it used the full word [image] which hadn't worked for me before ... and their other links like html didn't work either .. so ...

This Time clicked on Photobucket's choices of images. testing each as I found out they all auto-copied onto my mouse when I clicked on their links.. and those could be posted directly on to the message board without me doing anything more(EASY). From then on it's a matter of uploading images prepared in my Adobe Photoshop- where I cut and size sections of screen-shots to a reasonable size.

Nothing is simple to do until you figure out how to do it - - where there is a will there is a way! indeed! ....cliches - - all that to-do about ..better write that method down somewhere in the heap of books containing HOW TO DOs and DON'Ts.

- - back to the hunt ... maybe someone important will read this forum eventually and think about how to give persistant paragon pumpkin hunters a paragon chest - you have to be a dreamer to play UO .. will go to the savages with my big gun the bodyguard greater dragon later ...and i am sure everyone is highly interested in this :rant2: I sure get wordy ....
- - and then again, perhaps someone may come along who might benifit from what I've learned, especially since how posting-pictures has changed over the past years...
- - takes a screen shot for HOW TO DO file :lol:

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Worst...Halloween....Event....Ever..(since I've started)

With the exception of Grimm Omen's fantastic artwork...there is really nothing.

Trick or treating is the same....nothing new

I started in 2006....great event year.

The pumpkins are really it? No on going....anything?

Looks like Somebody took the last 3 months off.

HUGE disappointment. Pathitic effort (except for the pumpkins)

Dev team needs some new blood

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Worst...Halloween....Event....Ever..(since I've started)

I was holdin out hope that something would come about closer to halloween but it looks like the only thing is the EM event quest thingie that wasnt explained well. Basically gathered the items needed for the finale next friday on the first day and now they will decay before finale so Ill have to run a 2nd set of characters through it. (also primetime finale friday nite the 28th... at least for me thats a horrible time to do it.)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

People in UO are easily satisfied these days.
This is probably the extent of our holiday event.
We are left with people who are "happy they gave us anything at all" anymore.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I feel Uo is comming to very slow end... They do try to keep us alittle happy by doing this like clean up brit, but the days when tons of people played and they had lots of workers to make great holidays and special events are gone. Em events are the future... they give people something to do and Uo doesn't have to pay the people that come up with them.

A

AesSedai

- Interesting summation.

- Does not sound much different, to me, than years prior (so this one does not seem to be 'the worst', to me). It doesn't strike me as 'path-it-I-C' as much as perhaps predictable (and what is wrong with easter egg, err, Halloween eggs and ham, S'am I am?).

Aye, I have not had a chance to participate in it much (but have enjoyed the pics of UOart that people have posted here)..
I do believe I'll try to jump in on any events that may hit next weekend (~Halloween time); but aye, we'll see what time permits..
Path.. it! Aye, see

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Well.. It wasn't too bad. I have had fun collecting pumpkins (but I would have like to have seen a little more). A more rare drop or having masks with players names would have been fun.

While UO has lost some of its luster it still fills an online gaming niche the others fail to do (and most likely will never fill) Thats the ultra rare type of items (that are able to be traded/sold--the entire no drop/bonded idea is crap) and player houses. IMO UO is still the top in those areas.

While right now I feel the game is on cruise control, its still viable if they would inject some cash/effort into it. But as people loose interest more and more will leave and once the profit margin fails to meet a certain level they will combine shards (not sure how even to do this) or just shut down.

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I feel Uo is comming to very slow end...
Oh, stop it.

If we were being left to die on the vine, they wouldn't have hired a new producer for us.

They aren't hiring ANYONE they don't have to. The fact that they hired a gamer as producer has me encouraged.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The only Halloween events I joined are the Grimm Reaper we have for two years. And that's it.

It was very dynamic, exciting with useful rewards.

But I have had no higher expectation for this game already because of the obvious little resource that EAMystic has decided to input in this game.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i have to agree.
the killer pumpkins should have been 100x harder to kill and drop some form of new conjurer's item. a cloak or a sash or something as well as the collectable masks.

the masks look cool but they are not enough.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Oh, stop it.

If we were being left to die on the vine, they wouldn't have hired a new producer for us.

They aren't hiring ANYONE they don't have to. The fact that they hired a gamer as producer has me encouraged.

Well.. I think at least some of us have been in games that just shut down once the profit margins fails to meet a certain level. I used to play NWN on AOL back in the day (I loved that game) and I had a character that had max hit points (pretty big deal since everytime you level you were given random HP and had to delete start over if you were not happy) Everything was going great and one day they said in game.. "This is the final week" ... One week later it was all gone. Its bound to happen to UO someday as I would not expect another 10 years from this game. I'll stay till the end now though.

BG

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You think Jeff was hired ONLY for UO ? :hahaha: