• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween event = lame.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh heh -- tonight I'll collect Killer Pumpkins with my new necro/ss tamer - -

- - then use my crystal summonings ball to get a greater dragon to shoot them all down!!

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehehe...

The name was given to me by the An-Orlem (dark wisps) who pulled me into their dimention through a mirror in an astral travel.

It's actually much more complex but I simplified it to three syllables so you mortals have a chance at pronouncing it. :heart:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did page 1 go?? Can't get it to come up .. Whoever told me to use GOATS? Drop pumpkins on goats?

HAH! :rant2:

Goat shys away- -after feeding it a pumpkin

After releasing goat.. the Killer Pumpkin kills it

K

Kayne

HAHA BRAVO!
- - You've convinced me! One of my old tamers now has a good dose of Necro/SS
and - - am I ever having a blast! Thank you!

Jade, one of my tamers is actually a necro/tamer with a small dose of magery for gates and I usually enjoy summoning an army of dead alongside my Cu Sidhe. It makes for an interesting take on a tamer. Not that I have any less fun playing my full mage/tamer too.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dropped a bag of pumpkins on the goat

- - - after feeding the goat a bag of pumpkins a Killer pumpkin appears

- - my Mare attacks the Killer Pumpkin, saving me as I fumble around trying to cast invis on self and casting Mark spell first ..

but ...I forgot to heal the mare, not because I couldn't move! When we attacked that Second Killer pumpkin - the mare nearly died and it as it hadn't bonded to me yet because my other tamer transferred it to me to use temporarily, I could have lost a valuable pet - -Fortunately I remembered I needed to heal it just as it red lines .. :eek:

- - too busy taking pictures - not concentrating .. time to quit - stop driving myself and everyone else :coco: as I practice :rant2:ing and posting pictures :lol:

Have a great day everyone!

- - - breaks away from the forums .. goes back to hunting pumpkins ...

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jade, one of my tamers is actually a necro/tamer with a small dose of magery for gates and I usually enjoy summoning an army of dead alongside my Cu Sidhe. It makes for an interesting take on a tamer. Not that I have any less fun playing my full mage/tamer too.
Thanks Kayne! That is exactly what I will be doing :next: - creating a necro/tamer :stir: - for next Halloween?

*...came back in here to post again because I forgot to thank you! - - - - returns to harvesting pumpkins & make necro out of this tamer

Emma Silvermane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I normally dont complain about the events cause i like everything .. but I am sad we cant cut the cloth again this year :( i was totally looking forward to that .. the pumpkins are ok .. but boring after 2 hours .. and i dont have a begger but i heard that hadnt even been changed till recently to add more things .. i wish we could cut the cloth :(

K

Kiminality

I normally dont complain about the events cause i like everything .. but I am sad we cant cut the cloth again this year :( i was totally looking forward to that .. the pumpkins are ok .. but boring after 2 hours .. and i dont have a begger but i heard that hadnt even been changed till recently to add more things .. i wish we could cut the cloth :(
I take back my previous disappointment - You can cut the cloth.
Either no one noticed yet, or those who did are playing it close to the vest (spoiler: probably the latter).
Salvage bags are your friends.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its incredible how rumors get started over here... I hear many of them on the servers and then I ask people :

You heard that on stratics ?

Whats stratics ?

:gee:

E

Epic of Legends

Either no one noticed yet, or those who did are playing it close to the vest (spoiler: probably the latter).
Wait, whaaaaaaaaaa? o_o

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SSSSHHHHHhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :arr:

Lol, now the cats out of the bag :eyes:

So far i got 4 different shades of special blue and 3 other clolours (looks like the jade statue colour)

Enjoy Trick or Treating :mf_prop:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards

Kinda makes one wonder what other content is out there that fits that criteria. Huh?

vexyvixen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am SO excited. Thanks bunches for letting us know the cloth cutting trick! I'm gonna trick or treat every day now till they shut it off, lol. Thanks again!

K

Kayne

Thanks Kayne! That is exactly what I will be doing :next: - creating a necro/tamer :stir: - for next Halloween?

*...came back in here to post again because I forgot to thank you! - - - - returns to harvesting pumpkins & make necro out of this tamer
You didn't have to come post just to say thanks to me Jade :)

Jade, one of my tamers is actually a necro/tamer
A Greater Dragon and 2 skelle drags are worth the temp alone imo.
Never done the Greater Dragon and 2 skellies but certainly even down to skeletal mages or flesh golems can be helpful. Even if for nothing else other than distraction.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Plenty, I'd wager.
Didn't it take about a week for someone to mention Niporalem dropping virtuous/villainous armour?
*hangs head in shame*

I had known about it for almost three weeks or so I guess before it hit the boards. I just assumed it was an unintended glitch and was not around for that content so wanted to get the suits before they caught it. Was glad when I found out it was an easter egg tho. My apologies for my greediness :)

S

Sevin0oo0

still getting lots of lag, it has to be server side because the mobs are slowed/frozen too - no skipped frames. Pretty cool to see 'slow-mo' animations tho, especially ones w/ fire and explosions. Only since the event started.
seen 'everything' frozen for almost 30secs, just like a pause button had been pressed, so i don't think that's anybody's internet.

Either some process(maybe another game) is running heavy or it's the event, i bet event, and will be glad when it's stops

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm.... 10-02-11 (2 days after patch) is a little bit early to be judging the halloween season as lame. Last I checked Halloween was October 31! Which means there is lots of time for additional events, content, player contests, and EM's to do their thing. I know you are anxious to have the candy in your bucket! But I think someone needs to chillax a bit!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm.... 10-02-11 (2 days after patch) is a little bit early to be judging the halloween season as lame. Last I checked Halloween was October 31! Which means there is lots of time for additional events, content, player contests, and EM's to do their thing. I know you are anxious to have the candy in your bucket! But I think someone needs to chillax a bit!
Well its 10 days in now, and like was said before, they don't tend to "add in" more stuff. They just turn it on, let x days pass then turn it off.

If there is anything other than some non specific EM events at this point I would be shocked.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've pointed this out to you before and I'll do it again now.

New Content:

Stygian Abyss - massive land expansion, new housing tiles, new craftables. THREE new skills (Mysticism, Imbuing, and Throwing). Countless new mobs and things to do in game. New Mini-champs and peerless. A whole new Fel ruleset area within the Abyss.

High Seas - Another set of new content, new ships. New craftables, a reason to use fishing. New uses for crafters. A reason to go out into the ocean.

Rustic/Gothic packs - Oh look yet more new craftables. New items like the distillery, garden beds.

The compassion dyes were technically new additions.

Oh lets of course not forget the brilliant work GrimmOmen did on the killer pumpkins - whats that A WHOLE NEW MOB just for a few weeks.
Oh and I almost forgot the Ancient Hellhounds and the bloody sash turning people in werewolves.

I'm not saying all this content is to your specific liking, or indeed that all of it was quality and bug free but its new content. Yet you continually whine and moan about a lack of content.
QFT. I have played since beta and I have never seen a team dish out so much content as we've received in the past two years.
What they said^^^
:thumbup1:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What they said^^^
:thumbup1:
Cept for the fact that no only did we used to get a full expansion ever year we ALSO got added in skills (Med, Stealth etc) and items, and monsters for free fairly frequently.

Its better than the post ML-SA period of nothing, but its far from the most stuff weve gotten.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omg all these new well thought out things to do for Halloween! it's insane! almost as exciting as the new fishing! if you can stay awake.... woo...

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS (back in front)...for you, Old Man and others.. to read.

Also visit: Theo_GL's post
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/252562-killer-pumpkin-hunting-best-practices.html

It's good they have the Killer Pumpkin this year! We don't have to collect pumpkins with every possible player names on them to be sorted alphabetically into bags/vendors and distributed free to all I still have tons of those. Everyone had fun at a tower until someone decided to abscond overnight with all the pumpkins accessible in locked down bags and sorted alphabetically! What a bag of trouble they had!

E

elianydd

I'm sure it must've been mentioned before but I just didn't see it...

For those who don't have a necro handy for minions to eat pumpkins and aren't in TOO much of a rush (or don't want to risk someone else popping in on your field the one second you're gone to town,) once you've killed a Killer Pumpkin, you can load regular pumpkins ONTO the corpse, as they despawn fairly quickly, saving a trip to town.

Also, in case there are any other mages out there using summoned mobs to fight them with (and I haven't seen any of you, but just in case you're out there!) any elementals, etc. that get killed by the Killer Pumpkins will also leave corpses that can be loaded up with regular pumpkins and will despawn fairly quickly.

S

Sevin0oo0

what's up w/ the pictures?:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally encourage you... every source of input is appreciated and we are by definition a very open minded group of people !:heart:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what's up w/ the pictures?:
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
Sevin0oo0 - I sent you a Private Message. Did you use the old HTML to try post a picture? I remember trying that. Got the same message you got. I am only just learning how to do this SO BRIEFLY: (HAH!)

Start a Reply Message in the Advance mode:
Look way below it in Additional Options for Attach Files.
Click on "Manage Attachments".

#1. Browse your personal Files (for Stratics secure website)
--- Find the picture you want to post in your files, and click on it,
--- A link to your file will show up in the Browse window.
or
#2. Download from your URL - copy/paste link to your picture in window.

Now: Click on UPLOAD .. RH side .
A link shows up on the page if your upload is successful. If not, try again.

PREVIEW your Message now
First you'll only see thumbnail photos of your picture.
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge it, then
Use - EDIT (top LH on bar of your screen) to COPY and PASTE the larger picture in your message window.

To Delete Thumbnails
Go back in to Manage Attachments:
Click on Remove - to the right of the Links listed.
(you can always do the enlarging of the picture and copy and paste after deleting the links on that page)

help_ _ _ why does everything become so simple when you know how but so convoluted and complicated when you don't know how ???? A better detailed explaination is needed in FAQ - -

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is for Kayne (told you not to encourage me :lol:) and of course, for everyone else too.

- - an attempt

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old Man of UO posted his phenomenal achievement (but not in here), so I advise everyone that it's a MUST visit to his post and see .. and to declare him as the CHAMPION of ALL KILLER PUMPKIN HUNTERS!

http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/252887-paragon-killer-pumpkin.html

Where on earth (*UO Earth, that is) do Paragon Killer Pumpkins spawn? - - I must have missed a field in Illshenar?
Who called this a Lame event?.. paragon killer pumpkins .. seriously??
-- thought I was almost done! HAH,- almost done? -- just starting - - mumblegrumble - -:rant2:

K

Kayne

Aww Jade you dedicated to me, except it didn't work. I am dissapointed now :(

I find it far easier to upload to photobucket and then use the [ img ] (no spaces) link to post the pictures. Have a pb account just for UO purposes

S

Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 - I sent you a Private Message. Did you use the old HTML to try post a picture?
the invalid link message is what I get on YOUR post, if I rt. click, open in new Tab.
If I just click, i get a little spinning circle and it says Loading... then simply halts

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sevin0oo0 - I sent you a Private Message. Did you use the old HTML to try post a picture?
the invalid link message is what I get on YOUR post, if I rt. click, open in new Tab.
If I just click, i get a little spinning circle and it says Loading... then simply halts
:arr:
That is Bad! Try again later maybe.. but I wrote it all again here and edited it. There's a far better set of instructions for you to read, in my post above. Look for that.

Anyone else having problems logging into this Thread? Lately, when I log in, I have to try numerous times, over and over, to open this particular thread Halloween event=lame. Stratics no-messages on black screen appears: nothing downloads. If I wait long enough, a page comes up saying the site isn't responding. Yet when I don't log in, and enter the thread, only as a viewer - no problem - all messages appear.
Only when I try to post is it almost impossible to get into the thread. So it's continuously trying: click on UHall, or log off, return to the front page of UHall as a view only, then try again to log in and keep returngin to UHall front page and try again and again and again and again .... to get in while logged in. Eventually I do get in. So I am not surprised if my approach to sending you a PM is also corrupted.

- - now to start the hunt over again - -

S

Sevin0oo0

I am not surprised if my approach to sending you a PM is also corrupted.
I got your PM, and that worked fine

and someone help out here... Jade's attachments show to be all Stratics based
Code:
http://vboards.stratics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7380&stc=1&d=1318398967
Stratics doesn't host attachments does it? just small avatars/sigs?
what's the purpose of the managing attachments part? (i've never used it)

K

Kayne

Ahua is right you can host the small attachments. However it is much better to use photobucket for posting pictures - you don't get all this hassle that way. Just use the img tag that photobucket gives you and all is peachy

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i use Aedes Image Hosting and Photo Sharing, don't have to sign up or anything. fast, generates all the codes, waay simpler than account linking
I use Image Shack

Select file, upload, get forum code, paste. Takes about 30 seconds to add an image.

No more updates to pumkin hunting, I'm bored of it now. Once I hit 100 masks I gave up... Even my game within the game became boring.