• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Halloween event = lame.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to critcise this event. But UO is losing p(l)ayers and this is because there are not enough events and quality new content.

I honestly feel that if we had an extra quality dev instead of 30+ EMs, we would have an extra 3 quality events each year and that would be more beneficial to the game. I am not criticising the contribution of EMs, it is just what would be better for the game with a limited development budget.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not saying YOU were being insulting. However the OP was being insulting, even though I generally agree with the content of his postings.
I don't dance around with words.

Halloween is a time of year that should be easy to come up with some fun, and imaginative content for the player base. Thus far there seems to have been very little effort put forth.

I posted my opinion to see if other agree. It seems as though many others do agree, but admire the artwork.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The topic that the halloween event is lame ?

:gee:

Who cares ; if the topic isn't consctructive ?

:mf_prop:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:wall:
Can we stop feeding the trolls and get back on Topic?
(off topic - - makes a copy of Tazar's animation for my smilie folder and wonders how short animations like this are made .)

(Yes Tazar, Right! - - back on topic: getting there ..)
Screen shots of the firery Killer Pumpkins!
*not sure this is going work.. hit's submit and closes eyes*

A tamer can watch and see more of the animations using a mare for fighting. I want to study the blue, gray & white and more of the firery killer pumpkins. Fascinating! or addicting ?

The only lame thing around here this HALLOWEEN is ME trying to post pictures of KILLER PUMPKINS!! :wall: but wait ... you click on those thumbnails and they come up big. How to get BIG pictures on the screen?? .. used to be we had to put something in [front and back] of the web site link.

Really? A Simple COPY AND PASTE!!! ... Didn't think that would work but it did !! .. now, how to get rid of the thumbnails??? Just delete them? ROFL .. I am going back to hunting pumpkins. why is the message stretched so wide ? THATcopy/paste was NOT the thing to do obviously as it used up quota allowed on Stratics... so back to the drawing board I go ..

Correction:

Use above to post from a host site

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was guard wacked within 5 minutes of attempting to see how the halloween event was because apparently guard zones need to be in fel farm fields. And naturally all the trammies do it in fel because it has higher drop rates. By this logic we have 2 trammels except one allows reds to get guard wacked instead of not allowing reds to show up at all.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where were you guard wacked? In Fel or Tram? Oh I think I understand. The guard zones that are in Trammel are also in farmer fields in Felucca. We get guard wacked in Trammel too if we cast certain spells like blade spirit in any guard zone.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animations like this are very easy to make if you have the patience. The easiest way is to make many gif pictures of the same size and then link them with a gif animator.

I remember doing many animations for UO back in the day... I was 14 years old and it was my nerd dream coming true. The devs asked me for some of my art !!!

But then they fired the whole team due to the gold selling scandal and well just because I was "associated" (largely incorrect because even in roleplay I was beginning to be too chaotic for them and refused their schemes) with the seers ; my animations were trashed and my communications went ignored. Until I became a companion and that happened all over again.

When you make them from scratch like this killer pumpkin its very long and tedious, its not easy to draw with pixels and millions of colors ; fortunately these days more and more "effects" are being computer co-op and make easier to draw chiefly water, wind effects, fire and magma...

I'm sure if someone would come up with something really amazing they could send it to EA, technically all you send them is now theirs to consider.

Don't think you can make a painting of me, give it to them and get rid of me tho... dosen't work like this :mf_prop:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animations like this are very easy to make if you have the patience. The easiest way is to make many gif pictures of the same size and then link them with a gif animator.
- - - - - -
Don't think you can make a painting of me, give it to them and get rid of me tho... dosen't work like this :mf_prop:
I wouldn't dream of doing anything except paint a portrait of you for you. :)
Hi Ahuaeyjnks. I hear you.

I was doing animations before also, exactly the way you describe .. many gifs from scanned drawings. linked together via frames in a film in Jasc Animation Shop. It was only an introduction to doing what I want to learn to do. I cannot get that old Jasc program to work; tried their free and trial downloads, but won't work with Windows Vista so the question remains: What gif animator could you recommend? *(it's time I started taking computer courses to try catch up with the world)

um .. why are these messages so WIDE now? Did my KILLER PUMPKIN post stretch everything out of shape?

K

Kayne

quality new content.
I've pointed this out to you before and I'll do it again now.

New Content:

Stygian Abyss - massive land expansion, new housing tiles, new craftables. THREE new skills (Mysticism, Imbuing, and Throwing). Countless new mobs and things to do in game. New Mini-champs and peerless. A whole new Fel ruleset area within the Abyss.

High Seas - Another set of new content, new ships. New craftables, a reason to use fishing. New uses for crafters. A reason to go out into the ocean.

Rustic/Gothic packs - Oh look yet more new craftables. New items like the distillery, garden beds.

The compassion dyes were technically new additions.

Oh lets of course not forget the brilliant work GrimmOmen did on the killer pumpkins - whats that A WHOLE NEW MOB just for a few weeks.
Oh and I almost forgot the Ancient Hellhounds and the bloody sash turning people in werewolves.

I'm not saying all this content is to your specific liking, or indeed that all of it was quality and bug free but its new content. Yet you continually whine and moan about a lack of content.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not saying all this content is to your specific liking, or indeed that all of it was quality and bug free but its new content. Yet you continually whine and moan about a lack of content.
Comparing UO's content to itself is worthless. Compare it to other MMO's. The amount of quality content in this game is severely lacking. It's not a contest of who likes UO or can put out the most things added to the game. Aside from the Stygian Abyss there has been only minor content additions added to the game since ML in 2005.

All the other things you mention are boosters and should have been free additions instead of paid addons. Add the fact they were bug ridden and boring in a week and you are back to lack of content.

Put the pom poms away and look around you. If you are the only one you see at the bank it should tell you something.

K

Kayne

Comparing UO's content to itself is worthless. Compare it to other MMO's. The amount of quality content in this game is severely lacking. It's not a contest of who likes UO or can put out the most things added to the game. Aside from the Stygian Abyss there has been only minor content additions added to the game since ML in 2005.

All the other things you mention are boosters and should have been free additions instead of paid addons. Add the fact they were bug ridden and boring in a week and you are back to lack of content.

Put the pom poms away and look around you. If you are the only one you see at the bank it should tell you something.
I didn't compare the content I mentioned to anything. Remember as well UO is NOT like other MMO's. I specifically said in my post that I wasn't saying it was quality or free of bugs either.

However to your comment about things being boring in a week - that is your opinion and I'm sure there are others who hold that same opinion but not everyone is bored of the boosters or theme packs. Heck I don't even have High seas or either of the theme packs.

As for your daft suggestion of waving pom poms - go take a look at some of my posts and you will find I have complained and moaned with the rest of UHall about various things lately.
Personally a good chunk of the time I don't believe there is anything to wave a pom pom over and I certainly wont do that now but HD continually complains about a lack of content and yet they have added a fair amount starting with SA

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

New Content:

Stygian Abyss - massive land expansion, new housing tiles, new craftables. THREE new skills (Mysticism, Imbuing, and Throwing). Countless new mobs and things to do in game. New Mini-champs and peerless. A whole new Fel ruleset area within the Abyss.

High Seas - Another set of new content, new ships. New craftables, a reason to use fishing. New uses for crafters. A reason to go out into the ocean.

Rustic/Gothic packs - Oh look yet more new craftables. New items like the distillery, garden beds.

Oh lets of course not forget the brilliant work GrimmOmen did on the killer pumpkins - whats that A WHOLE NEW MOB just for a few weeks.
Oh and I almost forgot the Ancient Hellhounds and the bloody sash turning people in werewolves.

SA was great. It was a very fine expansion... but it came out two years ago so its not really a recent addition. AND it was the first major expansion since mondains legacy in 05, so it had to make up for a lot of lost time.

As for the content in high seas... it was really not that much unless you like the endless chore of the fishing quests, this was a year ago. Also don't forget that this was supposed to be the first of tri-yearly "boosters" and we should have had two more content expansions of the same size, which brings us to...

The recent housing tile additions. They were a) of low quality imo, and b) gave people nothing new to do other than brewing.

Theres content, but past SA it was not much, and what there was, was heavily specialized to boating, and the oceans are still very dull (no roaming monsters other than water elementals and pirates). We used to get major expansions every year in comparison.

P

Prince Caspian

New Content:

QFT. I have played since beta and I have never seen a team dish out so much content as we've received in the past two years.

K

Kayne

SA was great. It was a very fine expansion... but it came out two years ago so its not really a recent addition. AND it was the first major expansion since mondains legacy in 05, so it had to make up for a lot of lost time.

As for the content in high seas... it was really not that much unless you like the endless chore of the fishing quests, this was a year ago. Also don't forget that this was supposed to be the first of tri-yearly "boosters" and we should have had two more content expansions of the same size, which brings us to...

The recent housing tile additions. They were a) of low quality imo, and b) gave people nothing new to do other than brewing.

Theres content, but past SA it was not much, and what there was, was heavily specialized to boating, and the oceans are still very dull (no roaming monsters other than water elementals and pirates). We used to get major expansions every year in comparison.
I must admit I was away around the time of High Seas so I can't say I knew anything about Tri-yearly boosters. However since when does the UO community expect the promise of something to come true? We get let down time and again.
Also I didnt buy High Seas purely because I have no real interest in fishing as a skill nor sailing. Dry land for me!

Since I've been playing I have to admit the ONLY expansion was SA but content wise we do have quite a bit of new stuff.

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Im not saying YOU were being insulting. However the OP was being insulting, even though I generally agree with the content of his postings.
Good, because I meant no offense!

Anyway, I guess I could see that the event was lame if it didn't work or there was some sort of epic fail in execution, but from what I can see it was executed flawlessly and is moving forward very well.

It's not lame, it's just not all that some individuals wanted it to be. Next year, maybe the Halloween Speculation thread can start in June or July, so the art team has some time to absorb ideas.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to critcise this event. But UO is losing p(l)ayers and this is because there are not enough events and quality new content.

I honestly feel that if we had an extra quality dev instead of 30+ EMs, we would have an extra 3 quality events each year and that would be more beneficial to the game. I am not criticising the contribution of EMs, it is just what would be better for the game with a limited development budget.
If you want my opionion, and you probably don't but - here it is anyhow .. :lol: from this lame one who stretched this forum out of shape earlier .. would space/down that third picture fix it? I like the way the three pictures are now, but ...were! HAh! That worked!!

UO has always been a reflection of the real world, so much so that there is no end to what fun or misery you can muster for yourself and others. And as someone once wrote, "UO gives you the tools to use. It's up to you how you handle them." Insisting that UO cater to demands for instant gratification, entertainment and rewards, destroys this essential uniqueness of UO. It is no easy task to please everyone in this game! So hats off to the everyone behind the scenes who are trying to make UO WORK both financially and entertaining. Take a bow! *APPLAUSE*

- - returns to taking screen shots of animated Killer Pumpkins .. learns more from the forums and UO about software, operating programs, marketing techniques, human nature .. wonderful stuff* - great places to socialize, relax, hone RL writing/thinking skills, --

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want my opionion, and you probably don't but - here it is anyhow .. :lol: from this lame one who stretched this forum out of shape earlier .. would space/down that third picture fix it? I like the way the three pictures are now, but ...were! HAh! That worked!!

UO has always been a reflection of the real world, so much so that there is no end to what fun or misery you can muster for yourself and others. And as someone once wrote, "UO gives you the tools to use. It's up to you how you handle them." Insisting that UO cater to demands for instant gratification, entertainment and rewards, destroys this essential uniqueness of UO. It is no easy task to please everyone in this game! So hats off to the everyone behind the scenes who are trying to make UO WORK both financially and entertaining. Take a bow! *APPLAUSE*

- - returns to taking screen shots of animated Killer Pumpkins .. learns more from the forums and UO about software, operating programs, marketing techniques, human nature .. wonderful stuff* - great places to socialize, relax, hone RL writing/thinking skills, --
My hubby and I pay around $28.00 a month to play UO. WE paid for the upgrades and such so I do not think it is up to us to muster all the fun or misery for ourselfs. Thats like hiring a house keeper to watch me clean house :confused: I do expect something for the money we pay each month and so far there has been nothing much to speak of since SA was released 2 years ago.

F

Fayled Dhreams

My hubby and I pay around $28.00 a month to play UO. WE paid for the upgrades and such so I do not think it is up to us to muster all the fun or misery for ourselfs. Thats like hiring a house keeper to watch me clean house :confused: I do expect something for the money we pay each month and so far there has been nothing much to speak of since SA was released 2 years ago.
heh!

So ... you paid your money and expected it to entertain you ...
and that has been working out how well?

see:
you STILL are gonna have to put some effort/creativity in
NO MATTER how much/many tickets you bought ...

STILL is gonna BE a >requirement< for YOU
to "suspend disbelief" ENOUGH to >be< entertained ...

I mean ... come on ...
you ARE talking about basically running around wearing robes and riding dragons and unicorns and waving wands and weapons and such ...

How could that EVER possibly "get boring"? :lol:

G

Gunga_Din

I agree. its been downhill since SA.

E

Epic of Legends

I can't agree there, High Seas was a very nice + imho
It did bring back fiahing and all, but I don't think it was "big enough" for many to be pleased. In my opinion it was decent. Bosses were good, artifacts as well BUT I also bought mine with gold in game. So of course im going to think its better than those who bought it with cash. If I paid 30, 20, even 10 or 15 bucks on that i wouldnt be a happy camper either.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trash it, cook it, call it a name and treat it like a pet. What ever you want to do with it.

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Trash it, cook it, call it a name and treat it like a pet. What ever you want to do with it.
I think you missed the context ?

I picked up the pumpkins and nothing happens. No evil killer pumpkins, and I have been standing around for like 20 minutes waiting for more to respawn. Do you have to do something with the pumpkins to get this to work ?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, you have to get it off that server.

1- Recall to a bank/house and trash it
2- Use a horde minion if you are a necro - let it collect pumpkins then release the minion and its contents
3- Tame a goat, put pumpkins in a bag and feed the bag to it.

All the above gets them off the server and allows them to respawn.

RuSini Neb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, you have to get it off that server.

1- Recall to a bank/house and trash it
2- Use a horde minion if you are a necro - let it collect pumpkins then release the minion and its contents
3- Tame a goat, put pumpkins in a bag and feed the bag to it.

All the above gets them off the server and allows them to respawn.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Your welcome. But it does take some time before a Killer one spawns, they are kinda slow. Good luck.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you do with the pumpkin once you pick it up ??
see post: How to manage a pumpkin patch
I bounced it to front page for you.

While doing everything the hard way to get Killer Pumpkins to spawn to catch screen shots of blue flamed killer pumpkins, a new post appears named 'Killer Pumpkin Hunting Best Practices' by Theo_GL - above this one right now (-- below this one - ?) .. dang (*turns green*) He's working on four Killer pumpkins simultaneously (one a blue flame) using a necro in wraith form.

So unless you have some special skills and work in Felucca, RuSini, here is how I've been getting Killer Pumpkins to spawn. It's the hard way but works. :lol:

Buy 20 pouches (they only weigh 1 stone each) from a provisioner for 120 gold pieces. Keep those in your backpack in ONE container so they aren't scattered all over your bag. Pull out and line up a few that are handy to use.

Fill one container at a time with pumpkins, and when it can't carry any more, start putting lose pumpkins in your open backpack until you are either overweight or can't carry any more. Cast Strength on self, then recall to a city, or place like Arctic Island far away from any farm, or simply move them to another server, and
dump the pumpkins. Then
return to the field you are working on and keep clearing it until
killer pumpkins start spawning. Don't stay away from the field any longer than neccessary as others will race through hoping to find a spawned Killer pumpkin sitting there.

Good luck ..I forgot to mention: if you have necro skills and can cast horde minions, use the horde minion to eat 400 stones of pumpkins. When the Horde Minion can't eat any more pumpkins, dismiss him and cast another
thus removing pumpkins fast without leaving the field unattended.

-- and last but not least,
FIRST: Empty your back pack as much as possible before you start picking up heavy Pumpkins.
- - and don't leave pumpkins anywhere nearby or in a house or area that is near the field from whence came those pumpkins.

..goes back to work on killer pumpkins .. grumblemumbling over Theo_GL's post and picture

SEE PICTURES IN NEXT REPLY submitted below somewhere RE: POUCHES IN BAGS. Thx.

T

tiggertessa2007

[QUOTE I honestly feel that if we had an extra quality dev instead of 30+ EMs, we would have an extra 3 quality events each year and that would be more beneficial to the game. I am not criticising the contribution of EMs, it is just what would be better for the game with a limited development budget.[/QUOTE]

Amen! and the shards wouldnt be riddled with a bunch of renamed, rehued junk either! i mean i like em events here and there, but seriously does there need to be 60 new em event items come out every week? plus it would be nice to see month long events "like for halloween" that still have some really rare items , but items that everyone has a chance to get. not everyone can attend EM events , heck honestly most people dont even know when there going on. I actually talked to a guy a few days ago and he'd been playing uo for 3 years now and hadn't heard of stratics. I personally hate this new EM system and hope that for this years halloween event they drag them all to Brit bank and throw them all in a big bond fire or something.....just a thought

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good, because I meant no offense!

Anyway, I guess I could see that the event was lame if it didn't work or there was some sort of epic fail in execution, but from what I can see it was executed flawlessly and is moving forward very well.

It's not lame, it's just not all that some individuals wanted it to be. Next year, maybe the Halloween Speculation thread can start in June or July, so the art team has some time to absorb ideas.
Its an issue of quantity, not quality. And again the only reason I would say anything is because of the standards they had set my expectations to in previous years.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't agree there, High Seas was a very nice + imho
Like... it was a good addition... but it just fell so short. The boats look very nice, and function great, and all the new fish etc are cool beans, but really the seas are still almost completely dead.

The fishing quest is probably THE most monotonous, time consuming, and frustratingly rewarded activity in the game. So, yeah, it sucks up time, but its not fun at all, and unless you invest hundreds of hours you walk away feeling like you just wasted time.

I was so expecting a sea based champ spawn... i cant believe they dropped the ball on that. Or at least just some new monsters running around to be hunted down.

What Highseas added was nice, but just like the Halloween stuff it just doesn't fill much time, or leave you feeling particularly engaged.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally Posted by RuSini Neb
What do you do with the pumpkin once you pick it up ??
continued:

- - then you learn to post pictures in messages of profound thoughts, knowledge, achievements, opinions; all of which uses more time than it takes for clearing pumpkin fields to increase spawn of killer pumpkins and for enjoying the game!

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't dance around with words.

Halloween is a time of year that should be easy to come up with some fun, and imaginative content for the player base. Thus far there seems to have been very little effort put forth.

I posted my opinion to see if other agree. It seems as though many others do agree, but admire the artwork.
:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pic of 6 at once for your enjoyment. Off to try to break my own record...

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Theo_GL for complying with my request that you post your picture from your post 'Killer Pumpkin Hunting Best Practices' to here for everyone to enjoy! Good Luck on beating your own record!

- - ..goes back to work on killer pumpkins .. grumblemumbling over Theo_GL's post and picture *tea-green with envy* :rant2:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed them with a total noob character... there is no challenge, and the loot is terrible... 200 gold ?!

Why do you guys do it ? :confused:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed them with a total noob character... there is no challenge, and the loot is terrible... 200 gold ?!

Experimenting! Learning!
- - and HOPE of finding another one of those elusive TheGrimmOMen masks!

Yesterday, one of my fully 120 skilled tamers with low magery accepted additional Necro/SS skills, and started casting Horde Minions. As everyone knows (*except me), when their backpacks are full (400 stones) of pumpkins, to get rid of the pumpkins, the minion is released and both minion and pumpkins disappear together .. afterwhich, a new Horde Minion is cast, making it possible to continue clearing the farmer's field without having to carry and dump pumpkins elsewhere over a server line. It's Terrific!

Other than the fact that the horde minion can't be dissuaded from hording all available cabbages too while picking up pumpkins, this is a superior way to clear the fields of pumpkins, compared to the cumberson pouch method I've been using and recommending.

- - am deleting the managed attachment, hoping to remove the thumbnails from my posts. YES! - - days later=WRONG!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Theo_GL for complying with my request that you post your picture from your post 'Killer Pumpkin Hunting Best Practices' to here for everyone to enjoy! Good Luck on beating your own record!

- - ..goes back to work on killer pumpkins .. grumblemumbling over Theo_GL's post and picture *tea-green with envy* :rant2:

Up to 7 this AM in the Brit Fel fields...

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, I outdid myself...

Its easy to get a bunch when you come across a field like this..

Pair it with a few more fel brit fields and end up with me being the pied piper of Killer Pumpkins...

And then the enevitable aftermath....

And in case anyone is interested - 10 pumpkins, 6 masks. 60% drop rate in Fel is about average I believe.

EDIT:
And Britain Tram was not bad but lagged Fel. Only 8 Killers in Tram. 4 masks out of 8

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAHA BRAVO!
- - You've convinced me! One of my old tamers now has a good dose of Necro/SS
and - - am I ever having a blast! Thank you!

I've learned:
Horde Minions love to eat cabbage
Horde Minions need to be gated as they won't follow on recalls
Horde Minions also go invisible when you cast Invis on self.

Horde Minions are so slow I pick up pumpkins to drop in their packs.
Horde Minions are so slow walking, their pack closes if I run ahead.

Since I'm better and faster than minions at picking up pumpkins and filling pouches -
Horde Minions follow me around now picking up what they can IF they can beat me to it!
NOW I drop full pouches into their packs instead of individual Pumpkins.

:lol:

...TheoGL has ALL 3 TheGrimmOmen Masks already!! mublegrumblemumble -- and I thought I was doing good getting ONE! :rant2:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know I love you guys... don't take my comments personally ever I don't really take myself seriously... your roleplaying the fact that Grimm masks are more important because he took the time to talk with us on some occasions is heartwarming to me... it only makes me smile because I really think I have a clue as to their ability to really know what it means to receive true unconditional love, how precious it is.

Please do not forget :

he who studies evil, is studied by evil...

S

Sevin0oo0

has anybody had bad lag problems this this event started? I've had it in tram fields, and in SA dungeon areas. The last one lasted long enough I could check processes and run a speed test - wasn't my ip

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahuaeyjnkxs oops ! Sorry about that. Your name is so difficult to type without making mistakes, I copied and pasted it :lol:

Love you too! No worry. You make me think - -

- - like when you wrote:

- - and the honest is answer is: I don't know why! *trumpets*
Maybe I am :coco: ?? - - :eek:
(how can you tell I love smilies?)

hmmm It's all good ! It's all in fun! (or should be!) So don't ever take me seriously either! Hugs to you Ahuaeyjnkxs!
(Names always interest me too and especially why certain complicated names are used. Yours is one very interesting name! I can't remember how to spell it. )

...goes back to hunting killer pumpkins .. oh wait. Real life has to be taken care of first *sigh*

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. I am slow in the pumpkin fields and suffering lag but I put it down to the storms in the area affecting the internet or prime time usage slowing everything down. In the stores and bank yesterday even the clerks and tellers were complaining of slow internet connections on the computers. High usage of the internet perhaps? My telephone internet connection keeps shutting down temporarily because of the high winds and branches falling on lines, or other things happening to it but since we are in a rather isolated area, it is to be expected. Often I lose connection in the game which often means my character dies if she is out fighting favorite monsters like the greater dragon paragon or something more difficult.

.. had to put that shot in here, so y'all won't think the only thing I hunt on is the great Killer Pumpkins!! :lol: I'm not only stuck on getting TheGrimmOmen's Masks,
I am stuck on collecting Greater Dragon Paragon chests too, ( white ones)!!
An' please, Ahuaeyjnkxs, don't ask why!

F

Fayled Dhreams

Ok, I outdid myself...
Also properly stated/named as: Personal best.

You sir ... win UO this month ...
You sir ... OBVIOUSLY ... had a bit-o-fun

Perhaps (places bet on lottery ticket)
PERHAPS you could massage it a bit
(If perhaps you would care to ...)

IF someone not so cynically jaded as to make a Chore of it
IF someone could come and assist you with
Can you peace them? Can you herd them?
can ya gate them across subservers?
Do they float on a boat?
can ya aggro them on a player?

:thumbup1: Best Trick or Treat 2011 Theo_GL

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also properly stated/named as: Personal best.

You sir ... win UO this month ...
You sir ... OBVIOUSLY ... had a bit-o-fun

IF someone not so cynically jaded as to make a Chore of it - - ect:

DITTO!!

- - cynically jaded -- making a chore of it ... perfect description of somone I know personally by the name of Jade:coco:

Hats off to you for your extremely well worded intelligent enjoyable missiles! :thumbup:

R

RavenWinterHawk

[QUOTE I honestly feel that if we had an extra quality dev instead of 30+ EMs, we would have an extra 3 quality events each year and that would be more beneficial to the game. I am not criticising the contribution of EMs, it is just what would be better for the game with a limited development budget.

Amen! and the shards wouldnt be riddled with a bunch of renamed, rehued junk either! i mean i like em events here and there, but seriously does there need to be 60 new em event items come out every week? plus it would be nice to see month long events "like for halloween" that still have some really rare items , but items that everyone has a chance to get. not everyone can attend EM events , heck honestly most people dont even know when there going on. I actually talked to a guy a few days ago and he'd been playing uo for 3 years now and hadn't heard of stratics. I personally hate this new EM system and hope that for this years halloween event they drag them all to Brit bank and throw them all in a big bond fire or something.....just a thought[/QUOTE]

I agree. The shear number of EM items is ruining the novelty. Too much to collect. To many rehues.

How about some random adventure when I walk east.

The other problem is the events are so rinse and repeat that in about 24 hours the new items are common and the novelty wears off.

They need to focus on randomization and less information. You go to a dungeon and you just don't know what you will find.

An unannounced random bonfire in the middle of the woods would be cool. Creatures show up, you can find stuff in the ashes. Just let things happen in the game.