• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land Drawing To A Close

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The game actually died 3 years ago, after crafting was introduced. The communication with the dev ended, nothing new happened until this sham of EA-Land suddenly appeared with all its promises and upcoming innovations.

[/ QUOTE ]I wouldn't blame crafting. I would blame (ok not blame, but you know) the loss of Tigger. Everything went to [censored] from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha.. ok. Tigger... although a great community rep... was just that.. a rep.
She was told what to tell the community...by the devs and the higher ups.
So that thinking... is kinda nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]And when...she left...they didn't... replace her... right away. They actually... appeared to have...no plans... to replace her.. at all. Sahara...pimped herself... to tptb...and got the job. No help wanted ads... for the position of TSO Community Rep...were found...anywhere.

Tigger leaving...was pretty much...the end of updates...as well. So no... it is not 'kinda nuts'... to think...this way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

some ppl are cute when they act, um, that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

And some aren't.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

some ppl are cute when they act, um, that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

And some aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have never ever liked me or Parizad. I get that.
Saying she pimped herself is acting childish and mean.
You have no clue how she got her job. If she wasnt qualified for it, do you think they would have had her move to DC then off to California? I think not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sahara...pimped herself... to tptb...and got the job. No help wanted ads... for the position of TSO Community Rep...were found...anywhere.

Tigger leaving...was pretty much...the end of updates...as well. So no... it is not 'kinda nuts'... to think...this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I PIMPED MY SELF!
and all I got was this lousy post

I

imported_DutchAmerica

LMAO....I always thought Sahara was Parizad?

Oh I am sooo bad.

G

Its...
I feel..

I felt my eyes tear up reading that on the blog, ive playing for almost a year, and I love the game, LOVE IT!!

I remember when I first found out that was a online the sims game, I was so happy, cause i have been such a big fan of Maxis The sims.
And now this fun adventure will be over...

Im gonna miss it so much. Its too sad..
I dont know what i feel, a sad emptyness, something GREAT is slipping away, and theres nothing we can do about it

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I will check out Pogo! Thanks. Hope to meet you all there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not boycott EA all together.. get addicted to another of their projects that will be taken away down the road just like TSO...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So sad, but not unexpected.
When I came back, it was with enthusiasm for a game I enjoyed very much, but I soon came to realize that the devs were fighting an uphill battle from the get-go. The game code was old, and trying to renovate it while still active was like modernizing a Model T while it was driving down the road.
But, I rode the roller coaster with everybody else, hoping they could pull it off.
It was not to be.

The money cap was the convincer for me - I could not see how the players would tolerate it. Given time, as the older players left and were replaced by newer players who knew nothing of 'the way it used to be', it might have worked. But time, as it turns out, was a luxury they did not have.

It was a good effort for the most part, and I thank the devs for trying.
To the 'suits' in the boardroom - "PPPffffffttttt".

Maybe next time the effort will be more cooperative between the development team and the players.

p.s. ....and Pari? Now would be a good time to post a pic of yer lovely self.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl !!

she'd be dead by tonight!
check out blog comments, simmies are pissed!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO I'd love to see anyone try to attack Parizad. She has katanas.

Now to NOIP and I'm just throwing this out there.

I don't want to be out of line here, but I know the Parizad is not happy about this.

She actually cares about this community. I know this as fact. I know this is hitting her hard.

any of you can say what you want about anything.
But I'm saying that don't for a second imply that this is something that Parizad will let roll off of her shoulders.
Trish is right, Parizad solicited EA for the job as community rep, because we hadn't had one in so long. she had ideas she hoped she coudl bring to our community.

EA left all of us abandoned at one point... and left Parizad here as our community rep with no information.

A little under a year ago Parizad had a more secure position, and was asked to join the team in Cali. She moved across country and gave up a comfy secure position, that was comfy and secure for a better game for this community.

B/c (and IDK why) she actually cared.

And now who knows what she will do.

So sit there and cast stones all you want.... but don't act like you know what you are talking about when you say people do not care. That they wanted to lie, or that they destroyed this game on purpose. It was never the intent.

IMO they were given unrealistic goals with a game that was already dead. As donovan pretty much stated.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

p.s. ....and Pari? Now would be a good time to post a pic of yer lovely self.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so people can hunt her down on the streets?
PPPffffffttttt

RUN PARI RUN!

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be a butt.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You have never ever liked me or Parizad. I get that.
Saying she pimped herself is acting childish and mean.
You have no clue how she got her job. If she wasnt qualified for it, do you think they would have had her move to DC then off to California? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]Wow.

Ok even though mostly off topic, I never had a problem with you. I know exactly what caused your group to turn on me, but frankly if you'll believe what someone says someone said that someone said as truth, then I don't care to set the record straight.

I DO know how she got her job, because she posted here how she got her job. It's exactly like I said. Feel free to hit the archives. I had no alternative meanings hidden anywhere, and I didn't say or imply there was something wrong with the way Sahara got her position. I don't even FEEL there was something wrong with the way Sahara got her position. It was obvious to others exactly what I meant by "When we lost Tigger everything went to [censored]", so I'll just assume you're trying to stir up trouble.

G

<blockquote><hr>

wonders if theres any luck of anyone buying it from ea land

[/ QUOTE ]

Highly doubtable.

I

imported_Mavric

General Warning to the Thread

Ok I know some are angry, some sad, some fell lied to, but everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath.
This is still Stratics and the Rules of Conduct are still enforced here.
Take the personal arguments to PM.
Can't we all just get along?

Mavric
EAL/TSO Stratics Forum Moderator

G

I'm completely speechless, and believe me-- that doesn't happen very often.
I've played TSO/EALand for years and I'm very disappointed. What in the world am I going to do with my time now??

G

<blockquote><hr>

General Warning to the Thread

Ok I know some are angry, some sad, some fell lied to, but everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath.
This is still Stratics and the Rules of Conduct are still enforced here.
Take the personal arguments to PM.
Can't we all just get along?

Mavric
EAL/TSO Stratics Forum Moderator

[/ QUOTE ]

Quack quacky quackity quack.

G

who in their right mind would buy a piece of crap like ealnd, they ruined it why fix their mess, they deserve it for treating us all like we aare stupid and you get what you give at the end

I

imported_Danny Dots

Parizad and the rest of the team cared very much about us and I believe they did everything they could do.

But there is only so much they can do since they aren't funding the game out of their own pockets.

I don't think anyone has any right to say anything negative about the developement team since it was not their choice to shut the game down and they certainly worked hard for us to make it work.

They at least brought us a great 10 months and many great changes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

who in their right mind would buy a piece of crap like ealnd, they ruined it why fix their mess, they deserve it for treating us all like we aare stupid and you get what you give at the end

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I just find your name very ironic in comparison to what you post.

Proceed

G

TTL

I wish we had been told sooner that they were going to do this. I spent $60 on gamecodes to re-new 2 subscriptions yesterday.
So much for the 60 days free!

G

does this mean my accounts are cancelled automatically, or do i have to go cancel them before the aug 1 time line??

I

imported_Juniper Skye

That will no longer be drawing money from your account to pay for the subscription. We'll be able to play for free until the end when they will pull the plug and there's no need to cancel.

Just an FYI I am not positive but I think if you cancel now you will not be able to play at all.

G

A little OT, but -

I bet playing Toontown right now would be a good destress strategy after todays corporate news. All those suits walking around, waiting for anvils to land on their heads.

Trish, is there a free trial? And if so, will you post a link to How's Life?

G

<blockquote><hr>

does this mean my accounts are cancelled automatically, or do i have to go cancel them before the aug 1 time line??

[/ QUOTE ]
this question has been answered in this thread.
I will repost though
There is no reason to cancel your account. After yesterday, you will no longer be charged for the final months of the game.
Cancelling your account= no gameplay.
If you dont cancel by August 1st. It will automatically be cancelled.

G

You know, I think it's a 100% true they've HAD to have known this for a while.
Taking our money through the ATMs was very wrong if that is true.

they knew it from the beginning, they were just testing out stuff for their next endeavor, and so they actually didnt have to shut down tso, they could shut down ealand instead......
and yes, we were used by ea

G

Since we know its coming to an end..

Make everything cost $0, or, provide infinite simoleans.

Just so we can have fun for the next 3 months.

Please and Thanks.

G

<blockquote><hr>

they knew it from the beginning, they were just testing out stuff for their next endeavor, and so they actually didnt have to shut down tso, they could shut down ealand instead......

[/ QUOTE ]
Conspiracy theories make me giggle.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Conspiracy theories make me giggle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Suph... so much makes me giggle about this thread, I cannot even begin to tell you! :x

G

<blockquote><hr>

That will no longer be drawing money from your account to pay for the subscription. We'll be able to play for free until the end when they will pull the plug and there's no need to cancel.

Just an FYI I am not positive but I think if you cancel now you will not be able to play at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cancelled my 4 accounts and can still log into the game. Just so everyone knows. However, I just did it to see if it worked. I am deleting the game from my pc and not ever coming back, to me IMO it is pointless to go to the very end. I cut my ties now and move on. Good luck to all that stay. Happy gaming to all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It was never kept from us that TSO/EA-Land was in the red. We knew from the start that it had been slated for cancellation. Maybe I just think too far ahead, but I always put 1 + 1 together and realized that TSO/EA-Land was on the brink of being cancelled if major profit increases didn't happen. Honestly, I am going to be blunt and say that if you paid EA, be it for a month of play or a stack of simoleans, you should have kept yourself informed. You should have known that it was always a possibility that the game would shut down. Please understand that when I say "you" it is not directly towards YOU, but rather everybody who complains about their money spent.

Maybe everybody should take this as a lesson from EA. Cut your losses and move on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I cancelled my 4 accounts and can still log into the game. Just so everyone knows. However, I just did it to see if it worked. I am deleting the game from my pc and not ever coming back, to me IMO it is pointless to go to the very end. I cut my ties now and move on. Good luck to all that stay. Happy gaming to all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats because you paid for the month of May, yesterday.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since we know its coming to an end..

Make everything cost $0, or, provide infinite simoleans.

Just so we can have fun for the next 3 months.

Please and Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> Yes! I second this. Or raise the payouts &amp; Increase skill speed. Can we still get our trees? I still want the trees we were going to get!
I guess its useless to ask for it now. But if anybody is listening &amp; still can do it, go for it!

I will be sadly hanging on until the end. Wow, I wonder if I work that day...
</font>

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

Just last night I had finished skilling my 8th sim and was ready for amnesty to hit so I could skill 25 more locks on all 8.

... I don't even know what to say.

S

SweetOldMan

Maxis has did nothing but Scammed us all..They sold us a service that wasnt true.. Made Promises that were nothing but a Lie.. I for one will fileing a charge back for every month that I have Played EA-LAND.. Thats what charge backs are for to protect us from SCAMMERS like maxis

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Just last night I had finished skilling my 8th sim and was ready for amnesty to hit so I could skill 25 more locks on all 8.

... I don't even know what to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know... Ive been waiting forever to finish skilling my sims

I guess im going to have to with the skill decay

Turn it off, lol!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maxis has did nothing but Scammed us all..They sold us a service that wasnt true.. Made Promises that were nothing but a Lie.. I for one will fileing a charge back for every month that I have Played EA-LAND.. Thats what charge backs are for to protech us from SCAMMERS like maxis

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck with that.

it ceased being Maxis long long ago.. in a galaxy far far away.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maxis has did nothing but Scammed us all..They sold us a service that wasnt true.. Made Promises that were nothing but a Lie.. I for one will fileing a charge back for every month that I have Played EA-LAND.. Thats what charge backs are for to protect us from SCAMMERS like maxis

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It was never kept from us that TSO/EA-Land was in the red. We knew from the start that it had been slated for cancellation. Maybe I just think too far ahead, but I always put 1 + 1 together and realized that TSO/EA-Land was on the brink of being cancelled if major profit increases didn't happen. Honestly, I am going to be blunt and say that if you paid EA, be it for a month of play or a stack of simoleans, you should have kept yourself informed. You should have known that it was always a possibility that the game would shut down. Please understand that when I say "you" it is not directly towards YOU, but rather everybody who complains about their money spent.

Maybe everybody should take this as a lesson from EA. Cut your losses and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

X.
sind,

Also... this game was never soemthing we were meant to be investing in... timewise or financially.

It states that in our user agreement.

Lets all reflect back to Niki's post about living in the now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

AND I THINK WE SHOULD ALL JOIN FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaaaaaaaaaaa....
sure thing. The caps say it all.
They only had to give the 90 day notice. They did. Get over it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

AND I THINK WE SHOULD ALL JOIN FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

[/ QUOTE ]

haha... this is not the first Online game to be cancelled. filing a lawsuit would be pointless.

The game was cancelled. Promises were made, but nobody is a pyschic.

If anybody can see the future can you please tell me who I will marry when I get older? This info is very crucial to me! Kthx.

P

Paula778

this is the WORST timing ever lol
can't believe they drop this bomb on us on april 29th..

every1 all excited, amnesty was just around the corner, reactivating every account we could remember, even saw once sold accounts viciously pulled back, the high point of updates for older simmies ...

the higher we are the harder we fall
OUCH !

G

Oh well, it doesn't really matter. I cancelled the accounts and removed the game from my pc. I will not be back. I see no point in logging in now. The death of the game for me is April 29th, not August 1st.

S

SweetOldMan

Well Thank god for bank of america, They offer instant paybacks on charge backs.. Sweet I got $160 Play money extra LOL..Ty for all the "I wish you luck with that"

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

this is the WORST timing ever lol
can't believe they drop this bomb on us on april 29th..

every1 all excited, amnesty was just around the corner, reactivating every account we could remember, even saw once sold accounts viciously pulled back, the high point of updates for older simmies ...

the higher we are the harder we fall
OUCH !

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is something else I forgot....the timing is very weird...April 29, the day BEFORE the cut off for Amnesty? Something smell fishy here or is it just me?

G

Kinda ironic isn't it? I have to agree with you TK very fishy indeed!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well Thank god for bank of america, They offer instant paybacks on charge backs.. Sweet I got $160 Play money extra LOL..Ty for all the "I wish you luck with that"

[/ QUOTE ]

Until EA bites you back.
They did not scam you, but you just scammed them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Kinda ironic isn't it? I have to agree with you TK very fishy indeed!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would place high amounts of money on its just a coincidence.