• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land Drawing To A Close

G

I get that Juni, but... in all reality ... as much as this game meant to me... I realized about 2-3 years ago that it is what it is.
I have everyone I want outside of the game.

I talk to many of my people daily in yahoo.

The best thing I ever realized was that I did not need this game to communicate with the people I met from it.

We got an extra year. We got development on the game...

This is stuff that we were not supposed to have.

At least they tried. And I'll stand by when I say that our new team tried very hard.

It was too late I guess.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Even though we knew it was a coming it's still a shock...atleast to me it is. This wasn't just a game to me and you guys weren't just players. I got to know so many great people and you guys are like family to me.

I guess I'm just too much of an emotional person.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game was nearly canned last summer. We were a flicker away from being closed down.

Then the devs came in and wanted to try to resurrect it. We wanted so many things and demanded them. I know I feel a bit guilty now though.

I wanted my sims, I wanted my house, I wanted my stuff.

All this time and effort the devs expended in order for us to keep our old stuff. All the time they spent working on 'converting codes', exporting info from the old cities. I'm sure all that must have put a strain on the small budget TSO had. I have to wonder if it would have been better to have just started over and let them work on moving the game on?

We'll never know. But I would like to commend all the long terms for sticking it out and making the effort to help TSO continue.

I'm going to miss TSO and all the wonderful people I've had the pleasure of making friends with. They are more than just friends, they are our family now.

Wonder if the moderators would allow us to have a thread where we can post our contact info like myspace pages and such for the people that would like to keep in touch with us?

J

Just_the_Fax_Plz

Hey where are all the cheerleaders now? Come on! Tell us to trust the devs some more! Tell us they wouldn't do anything to let us down or sell us out! LMAO Why aren't any of the regular positive people posting now to yell at all of us for being upset at the devs?

Guess they are learning who was right &amp; who was wrong FINALLY!

LMAO When you toss out common sense &amp; yell at those who have it what did you expect was going to happen?

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

Hey where are all the cheerleaders now? Come on! Tell us to trust the devs some more! Tell us they wouldn't do anything to let us down or sell us out! LMAO Why aren't any of the regular positive people posting now to yell at all of us for being upset at the devs?

LMAO When you toss out common sense &amp; yell at those who have it what did you expect was going to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I got flamed (By mods here even-gotta love this site) for being negative.

R

Rach

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Um... anyway.

S

Scarlett Moon

And BTW...to all my friends who I have met and may not see again, I will love and miss you all. This poem is for you.

WE MET UPON THE INTERNET...

We met upon the Internet,
A friendship electronic,
Expressed alone in words and thoughts,
Inevitably platonic.

We live too far apart for us
To mingle in the flesh,
But much more close than family,
Our hearts and feelings mesh.

Your dear, dear self reveals itself
Without a voice or face.
We have our own sweet home within
Our precious cyberspace.

G

Do you really think it was the Devs idea to shut down the game? I dont think many people are mad at the devs as there are mad at EA. From what I can understand, the devs loved TSO/EA-Land. I doubt they would want to get rid of it. That means the loss of a job. If it were the devs decision you probably would have seen a slow decline in developers until eventually there are none. or 1/2 of one.

M

mysticlisa516

Yeah, where are the cheerleaders? One even told me that they would bake me crow when the devs get it right. Are you baking now, for yourself?

Btw....I am pissed. They do this crap 4 days after taking my money. Give it back!!!! I don't want to buy another game from EA, don't trust them, and you already took my money for pogo at the beginning of the month. I want my money back!!! (Like that is really going to happen).

G

*TTL

Giggles AJ you werent the only legend around these woods.....

MY real life Simmy now has even more meaning and value to me.

huggles to those that didnt realize this was going to happen.

Good news is that SIMS 3 is coming soon.

M

mysticlisa516

<blockquote><hr>

That means the loss of a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? They most likely just went to another project. Get real.

I

imported_Brownie

Gee how about are money back for the two to three months we paid for (with most of us having mutiple accounts) while waiting on your promises of amnesty. You know darn well that without that promise most of us would not have brought all our accounts back. Nice, now the game is free? To bad you billed me YESTERDAY for all of my accounts.

Yes I know executive decision, blah blah blah, doesnt change the feeling of being led to a dry well to drink from or being ripped off.

Had the game just been shut down that would be one thing, but to entice us to come back with BIG promises and then to do this, well ya, kind of feels like bait and switch to me!

I too will miss the friends I have made here and wish all the best. It has been a fun, though sometimes frustrating ride but all of u made the trip worth taking

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, where are the cheerleaders? One even told me that they would bake me crow when the devs get it right. Are you baking now, for yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am pretty sure whoever said that isn't baking anything. The devs didn't get it right? They were shut down and I highly doubt it was their decision.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

That means the loss of a job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding me? They most likely just went to another project. Get real.

[/ QUOTE ]
Find me what projects they're working on and I'll "get real."
For now I am real.

Rah rah!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do you really think it was the Devs idea to shut down the game? I dont think many people are mad at the devs as there are mad at EA.

[/ QUOTE ]It was the men in suits.

EA-Land wasn't ever meant to be fun, it was meant to be more money for EA to line their already over-inflated pockets with.

Clearly it wasn't making the amount they wanted it to, thus it was killed off. Those making the decision aren't affected by it.

F

frogger2

Keep in mind its not the devs fault its the head suites that have screwd us over the Devs really did try to win us over last I heard from, luc siad was how hard they been trying to convince the suites not to kill this game but fate and the suites dicided it was game over even b4 Luc started the debate I guess. but hey yes I agree...where are those annoying cheerleaders and the lemmings the cheerleaders cheerd onward. the Lemmings they followed anyone anywhere but the cheerleaders were even more annoying for cheering them on lol.

R

Rach

Oy - have any of you stopped to think it's not the Devs you should be mad at? The Devs didn't want the game to end.

And the money thing - well sucks to be you - yes they took your money but YES you still get to play. You aren't losing the month that you just paid for.

And the cheerleader BS - the cheerleaders are here - but know they have no control over it and neither do you - so why are we seriously pointing fingers? This is so childish.

G

I highly doubt they lost jobs.. many of the devs worked on other EA projects and will most likely just start working on one of their many other projects/games...
They worked on other games before there was a TSO/EALand.. and will continue on Im sure.

I quit this game twice...once right after Dragons Cove emptied out and again this past fall. The game ran its course... it happens. Were there mistakes made... yes. Could it have been prevented.. maybe. But games and people all change... its a fact of life. Nothing really stays the same anywhere. I have many many online friends from TSO.. and I still keep in contact with them long after I quit playing. Everyone will get over this... trust me. I got over it twice

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

O where is your real posting name? Not enough guts to use it here.

Ok here we go.

Trust the Devs.

Do you think that anyone on that team wanted to work 12 hours a day so that the game could be shut down?

Yeah...

I'm sure they are just as pleased as the community is.
And furthermore I'm willing to believe that they did what they coudl do to reverse this.

I'm sure they didn't just shrug and say "o well"

This I found interesting.

http://kotaku.com/384935/ea-cco-bing-gordon-departs-for-all+new-round-of-invention

G

<blockquote><hr>

the Lemmings they followed anyone anywhere but the cheerleaders were even more annoying for cheering them on lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

The lemmings are all OVER the thread. Haha. Even some you don't realise.

P

philw1

It's been a great 6 yrs because of my friends, in spite of the Devs. I bid you all a happy, healthy, long and fruitful life

Lucious VonBigII

G

i dont know but im not sure that this cant be construde as false advertizing we were promised something and never got it .... i would not have kept all my accounts active if i had known that this was going to happen.... amenesty kept me paying all my accounts... and hopes that new things would be comming into the game.... the devs worked their asses off ... day and night and the person that pulled the plug on this i would like to meet them real life and just tell them exactly how i feel cause theirs not enough paper in this blog for all the things i want to say to that person!

F

frogger2

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok here we go.

Trust the Devs.

Do you think that anyone on that team wanted to work 12 hours a day so that the game could be shut down?

Yeah...

And furthermore I'm willing to believe that they did what they coudl do to reverse this.

http://kotaku.com/384935/ea-cco-bing-gordon-departs-for-all+new-round-of-invention

[/ QUOTE ]

read my last post lol

I

imported_Founder

WoW...I guess this means I will be keeping my clothes on! (So its not all bad news, people.)

This game been a big part of my life since 2002 and while I dont play it as much as I used to, I always had a soft spot in my heart for it.

However, we got over 3 months in here and game to exchange contact infos, emails, blood types and perhaps pick a new game with whom you wanna play. XBOX360 has preoccupied most of my time these days...So if anyone wants to keep in touch on XBOX Live, my tag is MightyD88.

Until then, we all have a chance to have a great summer on TSO.

G

I got through adolecense with this game, this is crazy.

anyone want to go to There with me? my name is Kutch

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok here we go.

Trust the Devs.

Yeah...

[/ QUOTE ]

read my last post lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I've never found anything you have ever typed even remotely interesting. I'll be damned if I'm going to start today on notice day.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Then the devs came in and wanted to try to resurrect it. We wanted so many things and demanded them. I know I feel a bit guilty now though.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG. Battered people in rl start feeling guilty, too -- maybe if they hadn't been so difficult they would not have been pummeled to a pulp. Maybe everything bad is their fault.

The devs are the only ones who should feel guilty, and it is business to them -- nothing else -- so guilt does not factor in. They took a direction that was exactly the wrong one for this game. CherryBomb said it well in her post, above. AJ said it well, too. The devs never understood the game. They have spent the past year gutting the game of all that made it work all these years -- and it worked, even when it was in dire need of updates and attention.

EA never policed the game, it was their fault the economy got out of whack. The history of what EA didn't do for this game is well recorded.

There is no one to blame for the demise of this game except EA. They know that. They were hoping to find a way to extract more money from the player base, and that didn't pan out.

But, for the love of pete, don't anyone start blaming the players! We took more crap than was healthy. We were duped. End of story. Leave off with the guilt.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG. Battered people in rl start feeling guilty, too -- maybe if they hadn't been so difficult they would not have been pummeled to a pulp. Maybe everything bad is their fault.

The devs are the only ones who should feel guilty, and it is business to them -- nothing else -- so guilt does not factor in. They took a direction that was exactly the wrong one for this game. CherryBomb said it well in her post, above. AJ said it well, too. The devs never understood the game. They have spent the past year gutting the game of all that made it work all these years -- and it worked, even when it was in dire need of updates and attention.

EA never policed the game, it was their fault the economy got out of whack. The history of what EA didn't do for this game is well recorded.

There is no one to blame for the demise of this game except EA. They know that. They were hoping to find a way to extract more money from the player base, and that didn't pan out.

But, for the love of pete, don't anyone start blaming the players! We took more crap than was healthy. We were duped. End of story. Leave off with the guilt.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dali, do you honestly beleive that if they didn't "mess with" the game that it would still be here?

Come on... .you didn't even really play anymore.
Nobody did.
They brought back players, I'm pretty sure they doubled subscriptions.

It was worht a shot... and given more time, I think that it would have gone somewhere.

The time was cut short per EA. That had nothing to do with the dev team.
And you don't think that they don't have a connection to this community? Working with us for the past year?

I'm sure they feel badly.

But it is what it is.

I

imported_herk1287

Im confused, if i live at money lot and I cancel early does that mean i wont be allowed in my lot till the end?

G

If you cancel your account? You wont be able to play. if you dont. You get to play for free...

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

Im confused, if i live at money lot and I cancel early does that mean i wont be allowed in my lot till the end?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about the same thing but the blog message says that they will not bill anymore after today. So there would be no need to cancel. I hope I'm right.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TSO ended a long time ago. This is a new game they are closing.. and I think it's ok. If anything like it ever comes along.. it will be better to have a fresh start. If not, then friends will find ways to see each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely agree Corp. I figured it was only a matter of time till The Sims Online were no more once they started stamping EA all over it. This is not even the same game I started playing in December 2007.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

the Lemmings they followed anyone anywhere but the cheerleaders were even more annoying for cheering them on lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GASP....What, who and where are the Lemmings?

Please lets get back to mourning TSO....Sigh

M

mysticlisa516

Please, they brought back player with empty promises. They got more money out of people with promises that they couldn't keep, and players that used the ATMs. A last ditch effort to screw a little more money out of us before closing the doors.

I do wish they would have closed the game a year ago, because with their promises of making a better game, they made it worse. I would have rather they left the impression of a good game rather than bad when it closed. But who am I, I am one of the many that saw this coming a mile away.

G

I have 2 accounts so I cancelled one of them.

Well Good-bye all it was fun the first couple of years.

This whole situation doesn't look good for EA's reputation in the online gaming business.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont see why the devs should feel guilty.
What.. they did the job the their bosses asked them to do?
Since when does that call for guilt on their part?
They gave saving the game a shot.. it didnt work out.
All the bitterness is for nothing... all the haters will continue to be haters til Stratics is no longer around to pancake about EA and the game in. Look to the head guy and he is ultimately responsible for the notice. But also.. at the same time, look at the same guy that is the one that tried to save TSO. You cant hate the guy for trying.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Wonder if the moderators would allow us to have a thread where we can post our contact info like myspace pages and such for the people that would like to keep in touch with us?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about a forum instead?

EAL TSO Memory/Address Book

G

<blockquote><hr>

Please, they brought back player with empty promises. They got more money out of people with promises that they couldn't keep, and players that used the ATMs. A last ditch effort to screw a little more money out of us before closing the doors.

I do wish they would have closed the game a year ago, because with their promises of making a better game, they made it worse. I would have rather they left the impression of a good game rather than bad when it closed. But who am I, I am one of the many that saw this coming a mile away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that they did not have the intention of delivering on those promises? Honestly now?

Let me put it to you this way. People who work for EA are most likely salaried. Waht that means is that regardless they get paid the same amount.
whether they had 90 people in game, or 9000 their paychecks would remain the same.

When they had those visions for our game, and told you those things, I'm believing they were sincere in their visions. B/c EA (the company, the bosses the higher ups) opted to close this game has nothing to do with what our team thought was our future a month ago.

If you want to act illogically, please by all means, do so.
But dont act like our dev team had some underhanded plot to pilfer $10 a month from us so that it wouldn't benefit them at all... and lie to us.

For what?

T

TKSpeedy1

I'm still in shock even though I knew something like this would happen. I don't think TPTB gave it enough time. Surely it would've been in their best interest to wait until after Amnesty to see how things went. I think it is very unfair of them to allow the devs to continue making all these plans and promises of amnesty, and then suddenly, "POOF!" Just when I was starting to get interested in the game again, too...I hope to find another game like TSO to play, but I seriously doubt it will happen.

P

poppet

TTL

I am totally pissed, i was lured back with empty promises, paid good money in good faith, only to get the pink slip.

I

imported_herk1287

Question... If u cancel before the free 2 months do we still get access to money lot? and skills

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

I am totally pissed, i was lured back with empty promises, paid good money in good faith, only to get the pink slip.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry I had to qfe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GASP....What, who and where are the Lemmings?

Please lets get back to mourning TSO....Sigh

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha...

--Suph

G

<blockquote><hr>

Question... If u cancel before the free 2 months do we still get access to money lot? and skills

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question was already answered in this thread.
Right after the last time you asked it.

P

Paula778

well they better not let this team work on something fun again lol

they had the time and funds to make the game more popular again, not saying they didn't work or tried hard but maybe just not good enough ideas...

me, i blame it on the devs..

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I still fail to see how its their fault

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

I agree with Dali. There is no way in heck I would have dled TSO again and resubscribed if it wasn't for that 'come back' email. I wasted a lot of time in developing sims, and $30 bucks to learn my lesson. I know that's a pittance compared to some of what others lost-and I empathize with those players.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This whole situation doesn't look good for EA's reputation in the online gaming business.

[/ QUOTE ]Why? EA have done nothing but fail dismally with pretty much every single online thing they've ever tried to work with.

Their corporate culture just does not allow them to work in the way that online games need support and continual input to keep fresh. Most EA games have a shelf life of less than a year, and a play time of about a month, because once its completed, most will trade 'em in for another game. There's nothing new to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

well they better not let this team work on something fun again lol

they had the time and funds to make the game more popular again, not saying they didn't work or tried hard but maybe just not good enough ideas...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Paula with 5 extra posts....
Im sure with your recommendations.. the devs will now only work on crappy games.

so silly.....