• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land Drawing To A Close

G

And hi Miss Sara!

I love you guys so much.

And hi to anyone I missed here (don't have time to read the whole lengthy thread).

coco

P.S. Stoppit with this ten years from now stuff. You will be married FOREVER, because I have said so.

F

freedomdeep

Hi everyone!
I am not sure if any of you folks remember me, but I have been lurking here ever since I left in 2006. I have come back here and there when I missed the game, and thought I would check in again to see how the changes were coming along.
The last I read that BV was closed and that really was the last call for me as I was a HUGE supporter of that city. I was so sad to see that city go even if it were to be merged. I always thought I would be going down with the ship.

Now I come to see TSO is going bye bye for good and it is so bittersweet for me. I have never really been able to get rid of TSO for good, it always called me back and I probably would of stuck around more if I could justify that paying 10 bucks for a game that wasn't set on fixing bugs (in my city at least). I have so many fond memories of Betaville and TSO in general. People in the city bonding together to help each other and work together to keep the city thriving despite our small population.

I come back and read every post in this thread (I was bored and my main game was down), and I am really sad to see the same people still fighting after all of these years. I would hope to see that those that are such die hards that love this game so much would bond together and have one heck of a party to celebrate the good times we all have had. We are all so pasionate about this game and dang it's hard to say goodbye *sniff sniff*

I know its insane, but I almost feel like buying a month just to come back for a last hoorah. I still have goals to finish and I so miss the restaurant job! I wish I could have a hard copy of that game lol. This game has been in my veins and its gonna be so hard to say that I can never go back when withdrawls start kicking in.

K

Kimberlie

I'm currently a free player, though I have paid from time to time when I was able to. I was a beta player from original tso. I'm been a loyal fan and customer of EA for years, and I've given them lots of money.

Now my free account has been suspended because the "free trial period" of 14 days is up, so I'm not able to enjoy the last few months of a game I love, I'm left out in the cold.

I own TS1 and all expansions, AND TS2 and most expansions, However, EA has gotten the last dollar they'll ever get from me. They can take thier TS3 and shove it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now my free account has been suspended because the "free trial period" of 14 days is up, so I'm not able to enjoy the last few months of a game I love, I'm left out in the cold.

[/ QUOTE ]Now that's really wierd.

So those that had paid accounts can play for free, but free accounts can't log in any more?

I was wanting to say goodbye to my little pixellated self one last time, but I guess that's out of the window now.

Is there anything else EA could do to upset its playerbase?

Before people start getting all free/paid elitist... remember that however many accounts you were paying for, you're just as screwed as the free accounts are come August.

G

I will miss this game and farewell to all of you. Back to WoW for me.

Toodles!

G

Since we know its coming to an end..

Make everything cost $0, or, provide infinite simoleans.

Just so we can have fun for the next 3 months.

Please and Thanks.

why ask them for anything?? they didnt even hand out amnesty which was promised and the reason lots even came back to this game...
i really dont think please and thanks will take you very far lol but a nice gesture anyhow

J

JollyHolly

I haven't been on here in ages...
But I'm not surprised that the game is ending. I'm actually a lot more surprised that it took this long.

I've been a member since Dec. 02 and I'll always have the memories.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

Since we know its coming to an end..

Make everything cost $0, or, provide infinite simoleans.

Just so we can have fun for the next 3 months.

Please and Thanks.

why ask them for anything?? they didnt even hand out amnesty which was promised and the reason lots even came back to this game...
i really dont think please and thanks will take you very far lol but a nice gesture anyhow

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep- amnesty was the reason I re-subscribed. Thought it would be cool. Glad they got a few months of my money before letting us know they were just kidding about all that...lol

I

imported_CherryBomb

Ya, Luc gets to carve another notch in his gun, right next to "Motor City On-Line." Any old dumbo could have let TSO die of old age, but it took true talent to kill it off in a spectacular explosion of bad design.

CherryBomb

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ya, Luc gets to carve another notch in his gun, right next to "Motor City On-Line." Any old dumbo could have let TSO die of old age, but it took true talent to kill it off in a spectacular explosion of bad design.

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

I think EA wanted it gone no matter what, and no matter what design.