• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land Drawing To A Close

I

imported_princess45001

i agree 100% theyve had the game so screwed up since took over the only reason i stayed was because they kept asking to please give them time to make it great and gave lots of promises they didnt intend to keep.now im asking ea y not just give game chance i do believe once u get all the bugs worked out more people will come back and invest more into game i even went against my own promise and used atm to help keep economy up for ealand and this is your thanks?take you $15 off game and stick it up your rump i wouldnt pay for another ea game if my life depended on it.wasted years and money on this 1 for nothing

M

mysticlisa516

<blockquote><hr>

well they better not let this team work on something fun again lol

they had the time and funds to make the game more popular again, not saying they didn't work or tried hard but maybe just not good enough ideas...

me, i blame it on the devs..

[/ QUOTE ]

I do too. They way they tried to gain control on $ in TC3 just made many, many players quit. They decided to do too many drastic things at once that messed with most people way of playing. They wanted to concentrate on CC when most of the players were not interested in that aspect of the game.

Actually, the only thing they did that I personally liked was the merging of the cities, but other than that, they screwed up!!!

P

Paula778

lol what?

maybe a different team would have done it more successful, why not?

G

<blockquote><hr>

whats qfe?

[/ QUOTE ]Quoted For Emphasis, ie "I agree totally"

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol what?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope.

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol what?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe a different team would have given up in the first few months, why not?

Z

Zhoie Zeneau

I think everyone is being way too hard on the developers and the other people working for EA. I've worked for many companies over the years, one of which closed down eventually. It was though for a long time running on excitement of new and wonderful things, we had every intention of delivering on. It's just the game of business people. EA made this game and continued this game with every effort I am sure of giving us the best experience possible. I think they tried their hardest and tried damn hard too. I am certain they are just as sad as us it is closing. A business venture that just isn't working can't and won't stay open just because it has customers that will be disapointed. Thank you all the people that worked their butts off to give us TSO/EA land for as long as it lasted. I have fond memories of the game.

G

maybe a different team would never have been put together and the 90 day notice would have been last year...

P

Paula778

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

lol what?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe a different team would have given up in the first few months, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

sure that too, kk we agree on medioker

I

imported_CherryBomb

Good job, Aster! You always come thru in the clutch.

CherryBomb

G

I wanted to make a new sim, and it said the server was full?!? Are they not even going to let us enjoy our last few months to the fullest?

P

poppet

I agree its not the devs fault, as the saying goes sh@t rolls down hill. The devs were trying to fix a game that was broken. They had rules im sure the top brass told them to follow. The blame lies with the EA upper eschelon

C

Camile

The game actually died 3 years ago, after crafting was introduced. The communication with the dev ended, nothing new happened until this sham of EA-Land suddenly appeared with all its promises and upcoming innovations.

Surprised that the game is finally declared officially dead? No, I only ever stayed because of my friends.

Frankly, the only part of the closing that sticks in my gut are the endless promises that were made in the last few months. They were misleading and a cruel joke played on the subscribers. Please, don't insult my intelligence, you knew TSO, you knew its was all false. A pox on your house, and I find NO solace or honor in your "sad" good by message.

G

I hate EA, EA SUCKS

I will never buy another EA Game or Product ever again...
I am boycoting EA... there gonna lose millions over this cuase im sure im not the only one who will now and forever refuse to buy another EA Game...

I

imported_princess45001

yeah well i wouldve been happier if closed last year.at least game wouldve went out loved instead of bugged and scandaled

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

i agree 100% theyve had the game so screwed up since took over the only reason i stayed was because they kept asking to please give them time to make it great and gave lots of promises they didnt intend to keep.now im asking ea y not just give game chance i do believe once u get all the bugs worked out more people will come back and invest more into game i even went against my own promise and used atm to help keep economy up for ealand and this is your thanks?take you $15 off game and stick it up your rump i wouldnt pay for another ea game if my life depended on it.wasted years and money on this 1 for nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I broke my "No ATM" rule, too...I'd like my $80 back....Yeah, sure, we still have 3 months to play, but to me, it's like pre-merge...What's the point? No reason to buy anything, so I might as well close my store....no reason to skill anymore...Guess it's a good thing I didn't go out and buy a new computer because of the plan they had to upgrade the graphics.

And I second what someone else said...Where are the posts from the cheerleaders now? I haven't seen one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Guess I'll take them up on the 3 months Pogo, never tried it before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thinking about it, I never tried either...but I think Im gonna reactivate my WOW subscription. I didn't play more than 2 months because TSO was my life...maybe its time I give it another chance...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I will follow you there.. Well Blizard just got my biz... and a lot of accounts.... since WOW is a Blizard company and not EA.. I will be going along with many.. loved Diablo so WOW can't be much different.. Lucky Dog sure has been addicted since he started... Hmmmm

I can't believe EA executives and I blame them... they are about to take over a company that produces the most unacceptable game out there for a parent.. yet to take the only game a parent would not mind having her/his children play away.. EA you all need to rethink your values.. as you sure shown that WE loyal customers of the SIMS and all the franchise does not matter to you.. Now with your wonderful Sims 3 on its way to release.. this move may of cost that whole serious a big drop in sales. since most of your customers are here in TSO/EALand... you have lost a lot in your deceptive moves..

You gave this game NO real chance.... you put a small group together to pull off a miracle a team of 100 couldn't do.. EA now stands for crap in my book as well as many others I know... I will make sure to be the first one boycotting your Sims 3 at stores and making sure to get out that EA cares nothing about the people who are buying and paying for their games...

You all are beyond words... you really are.. you kept us believing for nothing.. many standing up to defend wonderful EA .. the true colors of EA have been shown.. I hope it effects their takeover.. and hope those people over there decide to stay with who they have.. they have a better shot at truth and keeping their game alive...

Blizard here I come.. least thats one company I have no problem shooting my money too.. they keep their promises they make things work.. Maybe EA executives should go take a course from them on how to keep your customers happy... I see a decline EA stock today... if others out there that own stock in EA I hope you decide to go elsewhere.. they have shown their colors here today...If I ever trusted them that much and bought some, I sure would be selling and getting other stock.... OMG I still can't believe they did this..

As for the DEV's.. you all worked so hard for us.. They are lucky to have you... hope you rethink what company to work for.. but they were happy to have you for this project. You were given a task that 100 had hard time doing years ago... and yet brought this game to a new level. To bad the people signing your checks didn't see that.. You believed in the game as we did... Well guess this sure explains the last 2-3 weeks of game issues don't it.... guess all those wondering and worried were not so wrong after all.... I will miss the DEV team as they were the part of what made this game have heart.. no other game will ever replace this nor will any other game ever meet up to what you have done... Thank you for everything you did....

I agree with earlier poster either here or on stratics as to why they were changing tso to ealand and sims to avatars... they wanted to distance themselves for what was going to happen.. Well guess what EA... word of mouth travels quickly and you had a lot of players here that are going to be very unhappy with what you have done.. see how well SIMS 3 does.. I hope it flops on your EA faces... as you made our TSO flop on ours..

I personally hope that EA goes down in dust when it comes to sales of any games with its name on it.. As it so deserves....

I will be boycotting any EA products or services ... I'm sure Blizzard wont mind all of our monthly subscribtions... and go figure they don't lie

I will be sending out emails to every parent and friend with or without children, any boards you name it.. I will be spreading the word not to BUY EA products and services... they say word of mouth is the best advertising.. well guess what .. if each and everyone of us does this... we will get the message out..

So stand up for your TSO and fight these executives that would rather a game that ****s and shoot people then a family motivated game like TSO

G

Just so you know I didnt read your whole post but YES WOW is much different from Diablo... BUT being that its NOT AN EA game its much better then anything they have ever made before and after TSO...

Good Luck

I

imported_Salarah

I have been in Sims since 1-03 and knew at best EALand had a 50/50 shot. The way I see it is, what I got out of this last year of play was a handful of life long friends to play with no matter what new game I choose to go to. I will miss Sims Online the good old days and EALand the good old days...both were a blast while they lasted. See ya all in EALand for the next 90 days and in some pixelated form in another game soon after.

G

I notice that we received the information second hand, and not one of the EA crew has the guts to come here and explain it themselves.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Frankly, the only part of the closing that sticks in my gut are the endless promises that were made in the last few months. They were misleading and a cruel joke played on the subscribers. Please, don't insult my intelligence, you knew TSO, you knew its was all false. A pox on your house, and I find NO solace or honor in your "sad" good by message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure the Devs knew this was happening months in advance thats why they kept developing and stuff. My money is they found out around when we stopped hearing from them what 2-3 weeks ago? Yeah. I dont think they promised anything since then.

I

imported_MattelMichele

Not sure how to respond to all of this yet, but when i do, it's likely to be either a very sad or pissy response.

I

imported_Danny Dots

This game has truly been a great experience for me through out the years and I am so happy that I was able to play during the last few months of it.

I'm going to miss it dearly

It's my favorite online game.
I guess I'm going to have to find something else

It would be fun if they could at least put the payouts back up and let EA Land go crazy again, lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I notice that we received the information second hand, and not one of the EA crew has the guts to come here and explain it themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look at the blog. That is the only OFFICIAL site of EA-Land news.

Z

Zsazsa Zee

I have been playing for 5 years.....never quit.....my sims had become a part of me as did the sims of other people. At this moment I feel so chocked up that I can't think clearly, although I did have a bad feeling that this might happen when the devs went silent during the last few days. What I'm feeling is grief:(

G

<blockquote><hr>

The game actually died 3 years ago, after crafting was introduced. The communication with the dev ended, nothing new happened until this sham of EA-Land suddenly appeared with all its promises and upcoming innovations.

[/ QUOTE ]I wouldn't blame crafting. I would blame (ok not blame, but you know) the loss of Tigger. Everything went to [censored] from there.

I

imported_CherryBomb

Just a general reply: Wow! I think I have got more forum PM's in the last 20 minutes than I got in the last 6 months!

CherryBomb

G

I agree man let us all go out as billionares and not as AVATARS BUT AS SIMS

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I wouldn't blame crafting. I would blame (ok not blame, but you know) the loss of Tigger. Everything went to [censored] from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally something I agree with.
Parizad did a great job with what she was given, but it seemed like Tigger was always told more and said more.
Can't blame parizad that she only said what she could though. I &lt;3 Pari more.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just a general reply: Wow! I think I have got more forum PM's in the last 20 minutes than I got in the last 6 months!

CherryBomb

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't gotten any

Haha Jk... im really not sad about that.

G

I am a sim I always will be a sim they can shove their avatar up there you know what!!!!

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up...You noticed that, too, huh?

I

imported_princess45001

i reply at random: please dont kid yourself people you will not be playing for free.i mean seriously they are already marking ealand as full and not letting people in and do you seriously think if no1 is paying for the game and it goes down theyll really work to bring back up or fix bugs etc.come on cheerleaders put your pom poms down you ve been lied to enough you seriously gonna believe the lies they are still promising?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am a sim I always will be a sim they can shove their avatar up there you know what!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

o Wow. Sims ftw?

S

Suzi Q

What can I say? I'm gobsmacked!!! Although, I don't know why I am really, I forcast this would happen weeks/months ago and posted in stratics (much to everyone's dismay). Unlike a lot of you I actually DO blame the devs. They were given a job to do and a deadline to do it, which was extended as the original deadline I believe was March. All they did was mess a perfectly enjoyable game up! Ok, TSO was outdated, we know that, but all that needed to be done was to improve what they had already. Add more interaction, jobs, skills and skill objects/activities, the list was endless but they didn't have the sense to do it! Instead, they introduced ATM's a scam to extract cash, custom content that caused more problems than it was worth most of the time and what else??? errrmm can't think of much else they've done to be honest. I've already said this in stratics and I'll say it again, the BIGGEST mistake they made was the introduction of FREE players. Not just that, but allowing them to play the full game in TC3. I don't know the actual figures, but I'd hazard a guess that at least 50% of past subscribers went FREE and continued to play in TC3 (incidently, I didn't!!) Who still thinks the DEV'S ROCK? I never did they were rubbish, had no clue what to do or how to do it, for a start they never listened to the players and took on board what we wanted! Well, great lets all play POGO pool or dominoes eh? I don't think so. Lets hope some other company jump on the band wagon, see an opportunity and create a fantastic realistic virtual reality game like TSO was, they'll make a small fortune and hopefully employ people that actually know what they're doing and listen to what the players want!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They explained it on the offical EA blog. They are not required to come to this forum and explain anything.

I have always been positive, but now with the hopes of continuing have been dashed I am truly saddened. Personal reasons of hoping that the game continued kept me going.

Funny, I have no thank you for the Dev's now. I can't find it in me to even utter the words to them. So with all said, I now cancel my 4 accounts and close the book known as TSO/EA-Land forever. No reason for me to even stay.

I realize that it will not close until August, but I see no point in staying, waiting for the death of a game so many have loved for many years. No point in hoping for what was promised, in the end it will be gone just like the game itself will be gone.

I wish all good luck in their online gaming. I at least have another game to fall back on. Take care all, it has been one hell of a rollercoaster ride, but the ride is over.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha.. ok. Tigger... although a great community rep... was just that.. a rep.
She was told what to tell the community...by the devs and the higher ups.
So that thinking... is kinda nuts.

I think a big turn in the game, imo... was extended skilling. At that point.. everyone just turned to afk skilling...and voila.. here we are.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cheri, in the OP it stated that they will no longer be taking our money, so the last 60-days of game play will be free. With this is mind, I certainly hope that you stick around for the big send-off!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My Payment is pending

[/ QUOTE ]

Just called EA. Because my payment is pending as of today I had to cancel or pay so now I am just pissed and canceled...Thanks for nothing EA! YOU SUCK. The devs on the other hand rock.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Cheri, in the OP it stated that they will no longer be taking our money, so the last 60-days of game play will be free. With this is mind, I certainly hope that you stick around for the big send-off!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My Payment is pending

[/ QUOTE ]

Just called EA. Because my payment is pending as of today I had to cancel or pay so now I am just pissed and canceled...Thanks for nothing EA! YOU SUCK. The devs on the other hand rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you speak to "Nancy" or "David" in India/Pakistan?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My Payment is pending

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the spirit!
I think?
Rah Rah!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My Payment is pending

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you speak to "Nancy" or "David" in India/Pakistan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoke to Debbie and when I asked for her supervisor I got...guess who....Debbie

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You received the information first hand on the official TSO website (the blog). This is just a link to the info. You can post comments there and/or contact the staff directly here through PM if you REALLY need them.

G

So sad, but not unexpected.
When I came back, it was with enthusiasm for a game I enjoyed very much, but I soon came to realize that the devs were fighting an uphill battle from the get-go. The game code was old, and trying to renovate it while still active was like modernizing a Model T while it was driving down the road.
But, I rode the roller coaster with everybody else, hoping they could pull it off.
It was not to be.

The money cap was the convincer for me - I could not see how the players would tolerate it. Given time, as the older players left and were replaced by newer players who knew nothing of 'the way it used to be', it might have worked. But time, as it turns out, was a luxury they did not have.

It was a good effort for the most part, and I thank the devs for trying.
To the 'suits' in the boardroom - "PPPffffffttttt".

Maybe next time the effort will be more cooperative between the development team and the players.

p.s. ....and Pari? Now would be a good time to post a pic of yer lovely self.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why so people can hunt her down on the streets?
PPPffffffttttt

RUN PARI RUN!

P

Paula778

<blockquote><hr>

So sad, but not unexpected.
When I came back, it was with enthusiasm for a game I enjoyed very much, but I soon came to realize that the devs were fighting an uphill battle from the get-go. The game code was old, and trying to renovate it while still active was like modernizing a Model T while it was driving down the road.
But, I rode the roller coaster with everybody else, hoping they could pull it off.
It was not to be.

The money cap was the convincer for me - I could not see how the players would tolerate it. Given time, as the older players left and were replaced by newer players who knew nothing of 'the way it used to be', it might have worked. But time, as it turns out, was a luxury they did not have.

It was a good effort for the most part, and I thank the devs for trying.
To the 'suits' in the boardroom - "PPPffffffttttt".

Maybe next time the effort will be more cooperative between the development team and the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl !!

she'd be dead by tonight!
check out blog comments, simmies are pissed!

I

imported_Danny Dots

Do you think we will ever see Pari on these forums again?

I would personally like a goodbye.
She was a sweet, witty, and great community rep and I'm going to miss her.