• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem with different algorithms is that the market value of pets has been based upon the web page for so long that it's the standard now; And assuming it remains the standard algorithm, when buying pets at least you'd have to cross check the Pet Calc anyway, as that's what the seller would likely be ranking by instead.

I suggested a user selected gump for which stats you wanted to report because when using a simpler gump because for "keepers" however, people have their own preferences. High Wrestle skill was one I was asked to find on a GD recently for instance. Now yes, I'd forgotten that all the windows could be scaled, so I've since shrunk my own Lore gump down again! But it's much harder to get an "at a glance" view from it when you are scaling down so much information; one reason why the original design has multiple pages.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the idea awesome but the implementation actually hinders my taming patterns currently; less is more, at least at first when I'm wondering whether I need to hide and have a longer look later!
I don't know if you understand that I'm not a seer and I can't see the algorythm used by others when they don't share it...

You need longer time to examine a pet because you don't now where the things are, but in few time you can learn it and you'll take less time ;)

I'm thinking that the animal Lore gump may be a bit messed up for dogs.
It's not a very useful feedback if you don't spare some details :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know if you understand that I'm not a seer and I can't see the algorythm used by others when they don't share it...

You need longer time to examine a pet because you don't now where the things are, but in few time you can learn it and you'll take less time ;)

It's not a very useful feedback if you don't spare some details :p

Um...... details.... well it tells me that the "max" str and I believe dex and things on a dog is 125..... Which I've got to guess is absolutely not. Would have to be one pretty pumped dog...... so my stats for that are always red. I've been taming and training a pack of dogs and so far I've yet to find anything close to 125. 30's and 40's. Now I've got the dogs about half way trained so I'll know more when I get them fully trained but I'm still pretty sure they are Never going to have 125 Str. I can probably get you a screeny of the lore gump for my dogs later.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um...... details.... well it tells me that the "max" str and I believe dex and things on a dog is 125..... Which I've got to guess is absolutely not. Would have to be one pretty pumped dog...... so my stats for that are always red. I've been taming and training a pack of dogs and so far I've yet to find anything close to 125. 30's and 40's. Now I've got the dogs about half way trained so I'll know more when I get them fully trained but I'm still pretty sure they are Never going to have 125 Str. I can probably get you a screeny of the lore gump for my dogs later.
set red and yellow percentage to fit your preferences, actually by default are a bit too raw to search really good pets :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All pets can be trained up to 125 in each stat, if they're not already above that when wild, - so theoretically that's the max. But it's not the figure they'll spawn with.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All pets can be trained up to 125 in each stat, if they're not already above that when wild, - so theoretically that's the max. But it's not the figure they'll spawn with.
in fact wild the dex is 170 as max..

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUG: on paperdoll there is a slot called "Pants" (Skirt/Kilt slot), to my knowledge no pants would fit in this slot as pants goes in "leg armor" slot.

might want to rename it to "Lower Torso" or similar :)

i know... minor, fairly unimportant bug.. but you know :p

Also would it be possible to get just the files from UI?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUG: on paperdoll there is a slot called "Pants" (Skirt/Kilt slot), to my knowledge no pants would fit in this slot as pants goes in "leg armor" slot.

might want to rename it to "Lower Torso" or similar :)

i know... minor, fairly unimportant bug.. but you know :p

Also would it be possible to get just the files from UI?
the layers are the default ones I didn't touch them so redirect the bug to Cal :p

The patcher exist in order to avoid the whole distribution... Requires less time to me and you all, so I don't think I'm going to redistribute the zip anymore...

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the layers are the default ones I didn't touch them so redirect the bug to Cal :p

The patcher exist in order to avoid the whole distribution... Requires less time to me and you all, so I don't think I'm going to redistribute the zip anymore...
distribution is a bad thing? :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it's not a bad thing, but the patcher works on any OS so there is no why I have to make a zip :p
not the issue if it works or not, cause it does work, provided the conditions it need is provided(will get to that).. issue is you are forcing ppl to get your application. if they want your ui. :)

it is also way faster downloading a package and unzipping it, overwriting any files, than it is downloading every file individually. if you got some knowledge of windows at least.

you might also risk putting ppl off by requiring them to download a program. ppl are very cautious these days with all this shiznit floating about the internet.

just saying...

and also, i had to use a different install for EC than i have so far.. cause program told me it had to be in the folder of EC that was the one in registry, which was not the one i used. Am unsure how it would behave if no registry entry could be found. i spent some time tweaking my other install in my protection software and windows, that i have to do again to make your program work to update ui.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not the issue if it works or not, cause it does work, provided the conditions it need is provided(will get to that).. issue is you are forcing ppl to get your application. if they want your ui. :)

it is also way faster downloading a package and unzipping it, overwriting any files, than it is downloading every file individually. if you got some knowledge of windows at least.

you might also risk putting ppl off by requiring them to download a program. ppl are very cautious these days with all this shiznit floating about the internet.

just saying...

and also, i had to use a different install for EC than i have so far.. cause program told me it had to be in the folder of EC that was the one in registry, which was not the one i used. Am unsure how it would behave if no registry entry could be found. i spent some time tweaking my other install in my protection software and windows, that i have to do again to make your program work to update ui.
moving a program from its install directory is always wrong, because the registry keys is not made for fun but for a real mechanical reason.
So if there are no registry keys the patcher not works, unless you are using a non-windows OS.

I have to spend 20 minutes to upload the entire zip everytime vs the 5 minutes of the patcher. Since I'm working for free I'd like to not waste my time just for few paranoid people :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
do to the number of updates Pinco Does the updater system is the way to go in my opinion also!

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
moving a program from its install directory is always wrong, because the registry keys is not made for fun but for a real mechanical reason.
So if there are no registry keys the patcher not works, unless you are using a non-windows OS.

I have to spend 20 minutes to upload the entire zip everytime vs the 5 minutes of the patcher. Since I'm working for free I'd like to not waste my time just for few paranoid people :p
EC dont need registry to run.. and i dont like the idea of your program telling me different :)

takes 20 min to zip and upload 15 mb? suggest you upgrade your connection.. :)

or at least make key version availible to download as zip (ones that had significant changes) could be one in 3, 5, 10 i dunno.. since it isnt really essential to have the latest version every time there is an update. which is couple of times a week or so?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EC dont need registry to run.. and i dont like the idea of your program telling me different :)

takes 20 min to zip and upload 15 mb? suggest you upgrade your connection.. :)

or at least make key version availible to download as zip (ones that had significant changes) could be one in 3, 5, 10 i dunno.. since it isnt really essential to have the latest version every time there is an update. which is couple of times a week or so?
well my connection is the top one in my country, nothing better for now...

and the days spent on making the updater was to avoid the zip once and for all :p

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well my connection is the top one in my country, nothing better for now...

and the days spent on making the updater was to avoid the zip once and for all :p
oki, anyways i love the app, it does mean less work with updating, even if i had trouble making it work initially, just keep in mind how people with basic knowledge of how to dodge viruses and stuff might sense your app on first glanse, thats all im saying.

for your own good :) how does the saying go, "First we trust, then we try" ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I trust Pinco 1000x more than EA (referring to the company,not the team of devs) :)
i think noone that has been in this forum would think twice.. as i mentioned someone not visiting the forum. might :)
Well then they won't know what they are missing then would they?

Too bad so sad. I personally promote both the EC and Pinco's all the time.

Both in-game and out.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know one guy that doesn't trust UO Cartographer, in spite of the fact that it has been downloaded installed and used probably tens of thousands of times, with absolutely no issues with malware of any sort, or any complaints of that nature, and the same is true for Pinco's UI. How ironic that this person is a big time script writer and cheater. I guess as the saying goes, when you point the finger, there are four pointing back at you.

The point is, that there are paranoid people out there who simply won't accept the facts, no matter how clear they are, and won't accept the recommendations of people with impeccable reputations, no matter how knowledgeable they are. You just can't help those people, and usually their own paranoia is a reflection of their own integrity and character.

Anyone who has used Pinco's UI and his Template Editor for any significant length of time, or even simply spent any time following the forum discussions on those topics should understand that his applications and the work he has done on his UI is safe. If they don't understand that, there probably isn't a whole lot you can do for them.

After all, you know that the moon landing was a hoax, and Obama really is a closet Muslim born in Yemen, and Elvis really is working in a fast food joint somewhere, flipping burgers, and climate change is a myth, and smoking tobacco really isn't bad for you. It's all a left wing conspiracy intended to limit your personal freedoms...

Some people simply refuse to see the truth, no matter how clear it is.

T

Thrandul

4.4c

- Added the ability to put a custom name to the agents.
Thank you very much for putting this in.

I got now maybe a few bug reports/questions and some important suggestions for the UI.

Bugs:

There might be a problem with the unravel formula. I have a gargoyle with 120 imbue and enough loyalty rating for the gargoyle queen. The UI displays items giving enchanted essence, but when i unravel them, i get magical residue. I tracked it down to happen with items in the range of something like 205-230. Does the game code make it randomly at certain number ranges or is that a bug in your formula ?

Feature suggestions:

• You got in Actions - Pinco's UI - Clear Mobiles List. This is a nice feature, but one thing is missing. On my provoker(and other chars too) i often drag out healthbars and if those mobs, wont get killed, cause i leave the place or whatever.., then those dragged out grey healthbars, stay there on the screen and i have to close them all manually with clicking the small x button.
    Please add a new action to clear those too or clear them with the action: Clear Mobiles List.
  • Quick Details Window: As a treasure hunter and tamer too, i loot alot items, so please add the item count of the main backpack to the quick details window, so you know with a quick glance how near to the 125 items cap you are and dont have to mouse over your backpack on the paperdoll.
  • Organizer Agent: I understand, that ya cant make it move all items with 1 click, cause that would be maybe like botting or it isnt possible to code in the limits, what is allowed. I am a hardcore keyboard player. So could you allow also a hotkey for the organizer/... for moving items one at a time, instead of moving the mouse ?
  • I have to edit often Macros for changing the Target->Stored. Could you please make that Menu width of this smaller ? there is alot empty space on the right side of that window.
  • Object Handle Settings: The setting small is still not small enough, if you have alot mobs or other stuff on screen, even with filters like corpses or mobiles.. Please add 1 more setting alittle smaller. I dont mind, if i cant read the names so well. Maybe you allow changing the width too, the name of the object doesnt have to be fully visible. It could be made that you just see the first few characters.
  • Containers: The main backpack is displayed fine, but all other containers, you have a half last row and you cant resize this to make it go away. Also could you please allow the user to change the display of the grid in the container to less than 5 columns or change min settings for containers ? As example for looting corpses i dont need 20 slots displayed, cause most corpses have less than 20 items in them.
  • Containers: Where can you change the default location for containers ? I would like to have corpse containers appear always at the same place.
  • Plant gump: This gump is to small and on my screen 1920x1080, you see the green word: "vibrant" like vibran and the letter t is on the next line. I can scale the gump, but the scale doesnt get saved. Please make the scale save and also if possible the default location.

Thanks in advance for reading this and maybe some features are possible :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much for putting this in.

I got now maybe a few bug reports/questions and some important suggestions for the UI.

Bugs:

There might be a problem with the unravel formula. I have a gargoyle with 120 imbue and enough loyalty rating for the gargoyle queen. The UI displays items giving enchanted essence, but when i unravel them, i get magical residue. I tracked it down to happen with items in the range of something like 205-230. Does the game code make it randomly at certain number ranges or is that a bug in your formula ?
the value is not perfect, because there are too many factors that cannot be considered (like the resistances of a crafted armor).
post the item details and I'll take a look, but no promises ...

You got in Actions - Pinco's UI - Clear Mobiles List. This is a nice feature, but one thing is missing. On my provoker(and other chars too) i often drag out healthbars and if those mobs, wont get killed, cause i leave the place or whatever.., then those dragged out grey healthbars, stay there on the screen and i have to close them all manually with clicking the small x button.
Please add a new action to clear those too or clear them with the action: Clear Mobiles List.
Nice idea, I can do that.

Quick Details Window: As a treasure hunter and tamer too, i loot alot items, so please add the item count of the main backpack to the quick details window, so you know with a quick glance how near to the 125 items cap you are and dont have to mouse over your backpack on the paperdoll.
probably can't be done, since the items count is shown in the item properties that can't be read if you don't have the cursor over the item.

Organizer Agent: I understand, that ya cant make it move all items with 1 click, cause that would be maybe like botting or it isnt possible to code in the limits, what is allowed. I am a hardcore keyboard player. So could you allow also a hotkey for the organizer/... for moving items one at a time, instead of moving the mouse ?
no, that's the limitation of moving items through script. If it was for me the process will be automatic :)

I have to edit often Macros for changing the Target->Stored. Could you please make that Menu width of this smaller ? there is alot empty space on the right side of that window.
use the UI scale to reduce it, the macros window dimensions are default for every macros.

Object Handle Settings: The setting small is still not small enough, if you have alot mobs or other stuff on screen, even with filters like corpses or mobiles.. Please add 1 more setting alittle smaller. I dont mind, if i cant read the names so well. Maybe you allow changing the width too, the name of the object doesnt have to be fully visible. It could be made that you just see the first few characters.
Will see if I have the time to change this... in the meantime check your UI scale... I suggest to use 0.85 top in order to see all in a decent size.

Containers: The main backpack is displayed fine, but all other containers, you have a half last row and you cant resize this to make it go away. Also could you please allow the user to change the display of the grid in the container to less than 5 columns or change min settings for containers ? As example for looting corpses i dont need 20 slots displayed, cause most corpses have less than 20 items in them.
Disable grid legacy and you will be able to resize them as much as you want.

Containers: Where can you change the default location for containers ? I would like to have corpse containers appear always at the same place.
Move one and close it and all the others should appears in the same place...

Plant gump: This gump is to small and on my screen 1920x1080, you see the green word: "vibrant" like vibran and the letter t is on the next line. I can scale the gump, but the scale doesnt get saved. Please make the scale save and also if possible the default location.
I can't save the scale only for the plant gump, the save will works for every legacy gump and many people hate the flashing caused by the rescale at opening. So the save will not be available anymore.

T

Thrandul

the value is not perfect, because there are too many factors that cannot be considered (like the resistances of a crafted armor).
post the item details and I'll take a look, but no promises ...
Well, it wasnt crafted armour, just some items from swoop/dragon corpses. So how can i help you find out whats wrong ?

t
probably can't be done, since the items count is shown in the item properties that can't be read if you don't have the cursor over the item.
*sighs* it would be really a great feature..

no, that's the limitation of moving items through script. If it was for me the process will be automatic :)
Ok and can ya make it, so you move items with a hotkey please ?

use the UI scale to reduce it, the macros window dimensions are default for every macros.
Will see if I have the time to change this... in the meantime check your UI scale... I suggest to use 0.85 top in order to see all in a decent size.
I just tried that. Well it didnt help much for the menu window or object handle sizes. I guess i have to love with that then.

Disable grid legacy and you will be able to resize them as much as you want.
No, this doesnt work or i am doing something completely wrong. I have "Enable Grid Legacy Containers" disabled , "Enable Grid on Containers" enabled, "Enable Quick Loot on all Containers" enabled and everything in the Legacy tab is disabled. The smallest size of container window looks like this: 5 columns x 4 rows and then a 5th row, which is only half visible. You cant change the size to like 4x3 or 4x4 or 3x5....

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, it wasnt crafted armour, just some items from swoop/dragon corpses. So how can i help you find out whats wrong ?
post the items properties...

Ok and can ya make it, so you move items with a hotkey please ?
already exist, drag the use the hotkey to drop in a specify container or just press "I" to drop into the backpack. I can't do anything else...

No, this doesnt work or i am doing something completely wrong. I have "Enable Grid Legacy Containers" disabled , "Enable Grid on Containers" enabled, "Enable Quick Loot on all Containers" enabled and everything in the Legacy tab is disabled. The smallest size of container window looks like this: 5 columns x 4 rows and then a 5th row, which is only half visible. You cant change the size to like 4x3 or 4x4 or 3x5....
no, it won't allow you to make them little than 5x4... but why you need to make them little with your resolution? :D

On corpses I suggest to use the list mode so the items will be sorted that is better than search for each single item ;)

T

Thrandul

already exist, drag the use the hotkey to drop in a specify container or just press "I" to drop into the backpack. I can't do anything else...
Maybe you misunderstood, what i meant.

an example:
I have an organizer to move all rings, bracelets by type into a different container.
I select the organizer and then i left click and it starts. The Windows "Organizer" comes up and "PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOUSE MOVING".

Ok, so now i dont want to move my mouse for moving 20 items. I am a keyboard player. So instead moving mouse now, i want to press a key to move each item..
Is that possible to code ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you misunderstood, what i meant.

an example:
I have an organizer to move all rings, bracelets by type into a different container.
I select the organizer and then i left click and it starts. The Windows "Organizer" comes up and "PLEASE KEEP YOUR MOUSE MOVING".

Ok, so now i dont want to move my mouse for moving 20 items. I am a keyboard player. So instead moving mouse now, i want to press a key to move each item..
Is that possible to code ?
no, this is not possible.

B

becool

Hi all,

I have read the tons of pages on this forum about this Ui which seems wonderful.. but I still cannot make this Uipatcher run ...

Running on Vista OS 32 Bits, uninstalled Framework 4.0

I cannot install 2.0 Win doesn't allow me to do this, it tell me at the end of install process " program already present on the system"

even if I do not see any framework 2.0 under remove add program.. ( I uninstalled Framework 1.1 which was installed, same with 3.5 and finally Framework 4.0)

Direct X 11 installed here again .. impossible to switch back on 9.0C and I have no idea how to make the two different versions of Directx cohabit together

I downloaded Uipatcher pack ( Pinco's UI Apr 25 2011 10:07 PM ) from this address ( http://www.guain.it/public/uotempla...y&section=download&do=version_download&id=310).

My install Uo directory is

E:\Ultima Online Enhanced, so I unzip the Uipatcher and and copy the 10 files in e:\Ultima online Enhanced\*.*

From there I launch Uipatcher.exe and I got the following message " The Ui Patcher and all its files must go in the following directory : e:\Ultima Online Enhanced

Completely lost ... what to do ?

This is a fresh new install of UO and I have two different folders, one installed
E:\Ultima Online Classic <---- Old 2D client ...
E:\Ultima Online Enhanced <----- Enhanced :)

Here are the screenshots of the files copied from Uipatcher as you can see they are correctly copied in E:\Ultima online Enhanced\

And the second screenshot show you the differents errors messages I get.

Thanks for any help

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I have read the tons of pages on this forum about this Ui which seems wonderful.. but I still cannot make this Uipatcher run ...

I cannot install 2.0 Win doesn't allow me to do this, it tell me at the end of install process " program already present on the system"

even if I do not see any framework 2.0 under remove add program.. ( I uninstalled Framework 1.1 which was installed, same with 3.5 and finally Framework 4.0)

Direct X 11 installed here again .. impossible to switch back on 9.0C and I have no idea how to make the two different versions of Directx cohabit together

I downloaded Uipatcher pack ( Pinco's UI Apr 25 2011 10:07 PM ) from this address ( http://www.guain.it/public/uotempla...y&section=download&do=version_download&id=310).

My install Uo directory is

E:\Ultima Online Enhanced, so I unzip the Uipatcher and and copy the 10 files in e:\Ultima online Enhanced\*.*

From there I launch Uipatcher.exe and I got the following message " The Ui Patcher and all its files must go in the following directory : e:\Ultima Online Enhanced

Completely lost ... what to do ?

This is a fresh new install of UO and I have two different folders, one installed
E:\Ultima Online Classic <---- Old 2D client ...
E:\Ultima Online Enhanced <----- Enhanced :)

Here are the screenshots of the files copied from Uipatcher as you can see they are correctly copied in E:\Ultima online Enhanced\

And the second screenshot show you the differents errors messages I get.

Thanks for any help
just means that you don't have the registry keys or the registry keys are not accessible or is not installed properly or you have moved it after install.
It's also possible that you don't have the admin rights to read the registry...

Also make sure that the patcher IS NOT into a sub folder.

B

becool

just means that you don't have the registry keys or the registry keys are not accessible or is not installed properly or you have moved it after install.
It's also possible that you don't have the admin rights to read the registry...

Also make sure that the patcher IS NOT into a sub folder.
Okie Pinco,

I was also suspicious about this as I downloaded the client from Uo.com ( digital version )
What do you suggest ? I uninstall it and try to download/install it once again ?

In this case, I know this is not the topic but what should I save ? ( really don't want to configure all the settings on my character once again )

If you think about the rights to read the registry, how can I be sure of this ? ( I am administrator of the session, and I do not have any other user with lower privilege on this computer )

And finally the Uipatcher.exe is not in a sub folder, it is at the root of E:\ultima online enhanced\Uipatcher.exe with the 9 other files.

Here are some info from the registery

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Classic ***************GameExecutionPath UO.exe
InstallDir e:\Ultima Online Classic

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced (par défaut) blank ...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced GameExecutionPath uopatch.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced InstallDir
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced e:\Ultima Online Enhanced

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okie Pinco,

I was also suspicious about this as I downloaded the client from Uo.com ( digital version )
What do you suggest ? I uninstall it and try to download/install it once again ?

In this case, I know this is not the topic but what should I save ? ( really don't want to configure all the settings on my character once again )

If you think about the rights to read the registry, how can I be sure of this ? ( I am administrator of the session, and I do not have any other user with lower privilege on this computer )

And finally the Uipatcher.exe is not in a sub folder, it is at the root of E:\ultima online enhanced\Uipatcher.exe with the 9 other files.

Here are some info from the registery

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Classic ***************GameExecutionPath UO.exe
InstallDir e:\Ultima Online Classic

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced (par défaut) blank ...
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced GameExecutionPath uopatch.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced InstallDir
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced e:\Ultima Online Enhanced

this:

Code:
should contain this: e:\Ultima Online Enhanced

B

becool

this:

Code:
should contain this: e:\Ultima Online Enhanced
It was already the case,
In this registry folder i can find these keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Ultima Online Enhanced InstallDir e:\Ultima Online Enhanced

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This would be a mistake. What you need to do is go into your Windows update and install anything to do with the .Net Framework. Don't try to install anything else from anywhere else.

Your problem is probably a permissions issue. What I would suggest is that you turn of UAC (User Access Control), and make the account you want to run UO on an administrative account.

If you are worried about security, I wouldn't be as long as you are doing all the common sense things you should always be doing:

- running a good anti-virus and at least using the Windows firewall
- not opening attachments to emails unless you already know what they are
- running Firefox with NoScript and having your browser set to always prompt you for cookies and only accepting cookies from sites that you trust completely
- not using the official ICQ client

The only context in which UAC and non-administrative accounts are useful in my opinion is if you happen to be sharing your computer with your children and they have no way of knowing the password to the administrative account.

B

becool

This would be a mistake. What you need to do is go into your Windows update and install anything to do with the .Net Framework. Don't try to install anything else from anywhere else.

Your problem is probably a permissions issue. What I would suggest is that you turn of UAC (User Access Control), and make the account you want to run UO on an administrative account.

If you are worried about security, I wouldn't be as long as you are doing all the common sense things you should always be doing:

- running a good anti-virus and at least using the Windows firewall
- not opening attachments to emails unless you already know what they are
- running Firefox with NoScript and having your browser set to always prompt you for cookies and only accepting cookies from sites that you trust completely
- not using the official ICQ client

The only context in which UAC and non-administrative accounts are useful in my opinion is if you happen to be sharing your computer with your children and they have no way of knowing the password to the administrative account.
Thanks for trying to help also Llewen,

I turned off UAC right now, same result.
I re-installed Framework and all the security updates required by windows update. Same result.

I try actually ton install Uo on a laptop running win7 64 bits just to see if it come from " a new fresh installation of Uo and Uipatcher "

I am currently out of idea on what happen, especially if you consider that boths clients are running fine on my computer actually.

Regards,

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I re-installed Framework and all the security updates required by windows update. Same result.

I try actually ton install Uo on a laptop running win7 64 bits just to see if it come from " a new fresh installation of Uo and Uipatcher "

I am currently out of idea on what happen, especially if you consider that boths clients are running fine on my computer actually.

Regards,
here is another idea: put the path in the windows registry in lower case and do the same with the folder name... then let me know :)

B

becool

here is another idea: put the path in the windows registry in lower case and do the same with the folder name... then let me know :)

I would do it with pleasure, but how ? :)
Is there a command ?

Thx

B

becool

ok, let's try to be evil, remove the InstallDir key from the registry they try :p
Rofl ...

First I rebooted the computer after the first attempt.. same result,

Second, I removed the path from this key as you asked

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\ultima online enhanced

And here I have a nice error message ( translating from French )

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Strangely the game itself launch perfectly

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rofl ...

First I rebooted the computer after the first attempt.. same result,

Second, I removed the path from this key as you asked

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\ultima online enhanced

And here I have a nice error message ( translating from French )

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Strangely the game itself launch perfectly
you have to remove the ultima online enhance from registry, sorry :p

B

becool

you have to remove the ultima online enhance from registry, sorry :p
Which means ? re-install it ? If yes it is not a problem but just to know :)
And if your answer is yes, can I install it in the same directory or you have yourself installed it in the default directory ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which means ? re-install it ? If yes it is not a problem but just to know :)
And if your answer is yes, can I install it in the same directory or you have yourself installed it in the default directory ?
no, just remove the registry folder where InstallDir was :D

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Regards,
Are you running your game on an account with administrative privileges? Have you also tried turning on the "run as administrator" option for the ui updater executable?

B

becool

Are you running your game on an account with administrative privileges? Have you also tried turning on the "run as administrator" option for the ui updater executable?
Hi Llewen,

Yes to both questions. As I removed the UAC and I am the only one who use this computer I am always logged as Admin with highest privileges rights.

And for the run as administrator since I removed the UAC, I cannot check - unchek it anymore now ( still see the check box filled but unable to change anything in it )

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG !!! it work now ... what the hell this is ? could you please explain me what happened ! ?
well... as my master use to say: if you can't fix it, break it :D

removing the key bring you in the same state of linux machines: without registry :p

B

becool

well... as my master use to say: if you can't fix it, break it :D

removing the key bring you in the same state of linux machines: without registry :p
LOL :) I agree with him, my master says

One of the most important thing in computer is teh following :) never change or modify something working another funny theory when someone ask me

Should I upgrade the BIOS?

Anyway Pinco, I am looking at your job and what to say ..... really it is awesome respect !!! For sure it will change my life in UO, and will for sure my wife will appreciate * grins *

I hope you will stay another couple of years in UO because with your choice of patcher system .. if you leave I don't know how we will update the files.

Many many thanks for your help, same for you Llewen thanks for trying to help me

B

becool

Hi there, Pinco here is a request or one idea.

Do you think it would be possible to explore this idea.
As I play a warrior and I equip sometimes 2 hands or 3 minutes after a shield and one hand weapon, with Uo macros I have to create a lot of macros to be able to use potions.

Actually I have a full bar containing potions and the shortcut to execute my macro as I cannot display the amount of potions type left, I have to add one item just next of it to be sure to not run out of them.

(unequip left hand, delay, use potion type, delay equip left hand) here is a screenshot

[ BTW, there is now one week I ask for some potions use macro example but nobody seems to use potions anymore in this game lol do you have some examples of a macro faster than mine ? With Uo-Assist it was pretty simple and damn fast.. here I have to add delay minimum 1 sec at each step of unequip - equip..]

So if you could

*Add in your pack some potions Icons ( displaying the total of potion type you have in your main bagpack would be great already! , only with this feature I should gain 6 slots in my potion bar )

*Or better :) adding some icon displaying potions type with the associated icon and the possibility to add a macro sequence in it ( in sort, like you did for the slayer weapons or slayers instruments you "just" have to add the possibility to add a counter display for the potions :) )

Honestly I don't know if this request as already been made by a player if yes, just point me out to your answer.

Thanks,

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there, Pinco here is a request or one idea.

Do you think it would be possible to explore this idea.
As I play a warrior and I equip sometimes 2 hands or 3 minutes after a shield and one hand weapon, with Uo macros I have to create a lot of macros to be able to use potions.

Actually I have a full bar containing potions and the shortcut to execute my macro as I cannot display the amount of potions type left, I have to add one item just next of it to be sure to not run out of them.

(unequip left hand, delay, use potion type, delay equip left hand) here is a screenshot

[ BTW, there is now one week I ask for some potions use macro example but nobody seems to use potions anymore in this game lol do you have some examples of a macro faster than mine ? With Uo-Assist it was pretty simple and damn fast.. here I have to add delay minimum 1 sec at each step of unequip - equip..]

So if you could

*Add in your pack some potions Icons ( displaying the total of potion type you have in your main bagpack would be great already! , only with this feature I should gain 6 slots in my potion bar )

*Or better :) adding some icon displaying potions type with the associated icon and the possibility to add a macro sequence in it ( in sort, like you did for the slayer weapons or slayers instruments you "just" have to add the possibility to add a counter display for the potions :) )

Honestly I don't know if this request as already been made by a player if yes, just point me out to your answer.

Thanks,
have you tried to scale an hotbar and make it very little under the backpack? :p

B

becool

have you tried to scale an hotbar and make it very little under the backpack? :p
Nope :) (BTW, about the scale option congrats !!! awesome option )

About the potions Icon, forget it I have found them there are some many things to do with your UI lol

What about the request to add a display for the number of potions left in your icons is it possible ? ( I guess no otherwise you would had implemented them already )

Last question, what is your potion macro ? :) (in-game of course )

Status
Not open for further replies.