• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cloak&Dagger

Hey all! Took a two month break....got hooked on World of Tanks for a bit (great large scale WWII tank battle sim) because mostly I needed a break from games that have bizarre stuff like magic in them. But I digress....

Astonishing stuff with loring our beasts, Pinco. Other wonderful touches as well. But I'm having a terrible problem that is confounding the b'jeezus out of me.

Forgive me if this has been covered up-topic.

My keypad macros that involve the single characters, +, -, * and / no longer function. As the previous sentence demonstrates, I get + - * / when I hit those keys on my keypad, meaning those key codes are being sent properly. They appear as such in my text buffer too in the client. The hotkey assignment software in the client, however, sees these differently and by differently it shows them as numbers, assigning them a higher number each time I flush the hotkey assignment and redo it. Yes, I tried deleting these macros and redoing them as well as unassigning and reassigning hotkeys to them. Numlock is off.

If + - * or / are employed in a two key assignment, it works fine.

Is this a new bug in the EC or something else, Pinco?

Oh, one nit in the pet stat data. I believe intel/mana on a Dread Warhorse can go as high as 165. I lored one at 163 that belongs to a buddy. It was not juiced or anything. No big deal. That's the highest I've seen, though, and I've lored lots of them. Next highest was 149. Thus this mas mana magic horse may simply have been an anomaly.

Thanks, man :)
-
The / has always been the default method of changing chat channels in the EC and thus never should have worked as a macro key.. The other two are defaulted to zoom level, but I see no reason why they would not work as a hotkey to some other function. Both with numlock on and off work the same for me, but I have them set to the zoom so not sure if it is just other areas that they have trouble with.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all! Took a two month break....got hooked on World of Tanks for a bit (great large scale WWII tank battle sim) because mostly I needed a break from games that have bizarre stuff like magic in them. But I digress....

Astonishing stuff with loring our beasts, Pinco. Other wonderful touches as well. But I'm having a terrible problem that is confounding the b'jeezus out of me.

Forgive me if this has been covered up-topic.

My keypad macros that involve the single characters, +, -, * and / no longer function. As the previous sentence demonstrates, I get + - * / when I hit those keys on my keypad, meaning those key codes are being sent properly. They appear as such in my text buffer too in the client. The hotkey assignment software in the client, however, sees these differently and by differently it shows them as numbers, assigning them a higher number each time I flush the hotkey assignment and redo it. Yes, I tried deleting these macros and redoing them as well as unassigning and reassigning hotkeys to them. Numlock is off.

If + - * or / are employed in a two key assignment, it works fine.

Is this a new bug in the EC or something else, Pinco?

Oh, one nit in the pet stat data. I believe intel/mana on a Dread Warhorse can go as high as 165. I lored one at 163 that belongs to a buddy. It was not juiced or anything. No big deal. That's the highest I've seen, though, and I've lored lots of them. Next highest was 149. Thus this mas mana magic horse may simply have been an anomaly.

Thanks, man :)
-
well, those keys are the default for the zoom so it's possible that the devs are changing something, but I can't say it for sure becaue they don't write down the changes :D

Good to know about the warhorse, if you find more let me know ;)

J

Jonathan Baron

Thanks guys :)

Yeah, figured it was an introduced bug. Ran using those keys for macros for a year.....after shutting them off for their default purpose of course.

Oddly - and I know this is going to sound weird as hell - that's why I left....no, not due to those key defaults but the part about not writing things down. When they released two patches in a row without release notes in the patcher that did something to this old and gray haired dev that made him (me) shrug, sigh, and say to the old gal that, while she'd always have a deep and abiding place in my heart, I just didn't love her anymore, though I wished her all the best.

I'll give her this, though. UO never once told me that she thought I was stupid. WoW was the hooker with the heart of gold - always trying to please, and cute as a button, but she never got my jokes. Rift was GORGEOUS but, like all leveling games, always kept pushing me to make something of myself....or, rather, kept pushing me to make of myself what she thought I should be.

UO just wanted me to be happy and was willing to let me figure out what that was. Poor gal just got tired is all....content with collecting new things rather than doing new things. Nice job on those pet sales stalls though, but that's just more buying and selling. Nice, detailed report on how much gold the whole Magincia thing drained from the economy too but that's all about buying and selling as well.

But she stopped leaving me notes when she'd go out. And then she had to go and break my macros....so to speak ;)

Could be worse though. I could be one of those folks switching over from the ancient client to this one. Now *that* would be scary.
-

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome home Baron. That's all I can say. Home is where the heart is and my heart always remains in UO.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I hate to say it Pinco, but whatever you did to get released pets removed from the pet bar isn't working. It's not a big deal, I just wanted you to know. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to say it Pinco, but whatever you did to get released pets removed from the pet bar isn't working. It's not a big deal, I just wanted you to know. :)
it works for me... I don't understand why it doesn't work for you...

J

Jonathan Baron

Welcome home Baron. That's all I can say. Home is where the heart is and my heart always remains in UO.
Yep, I know, buddy....and it's home even if you don't like the Mayor much and the planning board gives you crap because one member is still out to get you because you scared him so bad once in the 4th grade during recess that he'd peed himself in front of everybody.

We've got plenty of homeless already, collecting into little camps out on Facebook - devotees to digital worlds, long gone. You've got your folks from the island (Island of Kesmai, later Legends of Kesmai) many of whom found their home back in '83 and lost it shortly after the turn of the century.

You've got your Air Warriors, of course. Bunch of them are trying World of Tanks now. They know they're talking to one another in those tank battles because they tune to a channel named for a special event run in AW in '96.

Far and away, the most brilliant MMO ever doesn't even have a FB group....yet. But they lost their home in '94, and were promised they'd get it back for years but never did. They'd get....pieces of it and the old players sustained the new with stories of what the world had been before the fall, noobs and elders hanging on for a second coming that never came.

Complain about home all you want but you won't have words for how you feel when you lose it ;)

But you weren't complaining at all....seems I was doing that....sorry :eyes:

I can find new macros for those three keys. Turns out that / still works just fine.

I'm still blown away by what you did with pet loring Pinco. Quite breathtaking, sir. Outstanding!
-

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
it works for me... I don't understand why it doesn't work for you...
I'll do some logging and send you the logs when I get an opportunity.

However, I'm also experiencing another serious issue. I don't know if it is a problem with your UI, or with the client. When I have consumables on hotbars if I click on them to use them the icon will sometimes stick to my mouse pointer. When this happens I can't use the item I am trying to click on and it seems to me it also blocks my ability to use macros. Needless to say this has gotten me killed a number of times in pvp.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
try changing the sensitivity of your mouse in the control panel of your pc also you can click on ther grey bar and lock hotbar and this will stop them from draging

J

Jonathan Baron

When people ask me if I believe in magic I say YES. Then I show them Pinco's work to prove it :)
LOL!! Although I may scoff at games that feature magic (my lost world was a simulation, not a FRPG), that manner of magic you speak of all games need....the ones worth playing that is.

My mouse pointer picked up some velcro too, Llewen, but for me that began long ago. Two things I have HATED about EC hotbars have been the difficulty of placing things into them (they often LEAP into other slots, leaving what they replaced hanging in space) and keeping them there once placed. Drove myself half mad messing with various mouse settings but the problem appears to lack consistency, alas, although "alas" is not the four letter word I tend to use.
-

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
try changing the sensitivity of your mouse in the control panel of your pc also you can click on ther grey bar and lock hotbar and this will stop them from draging
Thanks, I've tried increasing my double click speed and turning on clicklock and making the duration longer. We'll see if that helps.

J

Jonathan Baron

Found my problem....well....found the problem with the keypad oddities.

I recently moved and got a nice new (and 30mb) ISP. Although I have my own stuff (cable modems, wireless routers and such) and generally insist that no installer so much as touch any wire of any sort that exists inside my home, this guy wouldn't leave until he "tested" the connection. F*cker also installed a bunch of the ISP's associated software though....crap like Norton or McAfee is typical and I simply smile and immediately purge that nonsense before the van has left the driveway. Ahhhh.....but this fella was sneaky and installed something I hadn't noticed: some misbegotten browser "security suite" called Constant Guard.

It popped up tonight with some dumba** notification of something it was was proud that it had done (so many of these things are like two year olds craving attention), thus alerting me to its existence. I killed it immediately and now all my UO keypad macros are working again.

Should you encounter this thing, terminate it with extreme prejudice. It's "free" for all Comcast victims.

Normally I'd say I feel a bit silly about this and about jumping to the conclusion that it was the fault of the UO client. But I don't. If you don't document all the changes you make to software, and document them thoroughly, you will be blamed for everything that goes wrong with every computer using your software after every patch you release.

Pinco knows this very well indeed :)

Ah, I see Storm slipped in a worthy solution to your problem, Llewen, while I was babbling on as usual.

Pinco - just curious: I'm wondering if it would be possible and desirable to have a feature that locks/unlocks items/item types into hotbars? Although what Storm suggested has worked for me as well it does not work all the time and I have no Comcast software to blame its variability on.
-

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll do some logging and send you the logs when I get an opportunity.

However, I'm also experiencing another serious issue. I don't know if it is a problem with your UI, or with the client. When I have consumables on hotbars if I click on them to use them the icon will sometimes stick to my mouse pointer. When this happens I can't use the item I am trying to click on and it seems to me it also blocks my ability to use macros. Needless to say this has gotten me killed a number of times in pvp.

Instead of 'lock hotbar' try right click on the little arrow on the hotbar tab and choose 'lock window'. That allows you to open and close the bar as required but not move any of the icons in it

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Instead of 'lock hotbar' try right click on the little arrow on the hotbar tab and choose 'lock window'. That allows you to open and close the bar as required but not move any of the icons in it
I don't want to open and close the bars, I want them left open. I also have a very crowded desktop and I don't want the handles for the bars visible. We'll see if the changes I made to my mouse configuration helps any. What is odd is that this problem with the "sticky" mouse pointer only started a short while ago. So I don't think it is a problem with mouse configuration, I think it is either a problem with the UI or the client. Having said that, if changing my mouse configuration fixes it without any annoying side effects, I'll be happy.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want to open and close the bars, I want them left open. I also have a very crowded desktop and I don't want the handles for the bars visible. We'll see if the changes I made to my mouse configuration helps any. What is odd is that this problem with the "sticky" mouse pointer only started a short while ago. So I don't think it is a problem with mouse configuration, I think it is either a problem with the UI or the client. Having said that, if changing my mouse configuration fixes it without any annoying side effects, I'll be happy.
that was inteded as a feature, but seems causing some problems :D

about the pet release: in order to remove them you must see the message "seems better off without a master" or it will not be removed.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
about the pet release: in order to remove them you must see the message "seems better off without a master" or it will not be removed.
Well maybe that is the problem then if you are quoting it correctly. This is the message I am getting:

a cu sidhe appears to have decided that it is better off without a master!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's possible to do both. Lock the window to lock in your icons, then lock the hotbar.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well maybe that is the problem then if you are quoting it correctly. This is the message I am getting:
I take the message from the cliloc, and it's working for me....
Well perhaps if you changed the trigger to "better off without a master!" it would work for both of us? :)

I don't know why your cliloc says one thing, and my journal says another, but there clearly is something different there, for some reason. My client is fully up to date.

It's possible to do both. Lock the window to lock in your icons, then lock the hotbar.
Thanks for the info, I'll try that.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well perhaps if you changed the trigger to "better off without a master!" it would work for both of us? :)

I don't know why your cliloc says one thing, and my journal says another, but there clearly is something different there, for some reason. My client is fully up to date.

the cliloc text is the same, I've written the wrong text :p
However I can't add the text manually or it will not works for japanese/chinese players...

J

Jonathan Baron

Thank you, Petra....didn't know that functionality was there already. You've gone from recent (and perhaps nervous ;) ) EC convert to expert in short order, dear.
-

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
4.6b

- Reverted back the feature that allow to move items when the hotbars are locked.
- Added the "Auto-Close container" option to the organizer agent's setting. This option will automatically close the source container when done, usefull to be used on looter organizers.
- Fixed few records in the creatures db.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

try again now, should work better the release...

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Code:
4.6b

- Reverted back the feature that allow to move items when the hotbars are locked.
:heart::heart::heart: That "feature" got me killed at least three or four times. Thanks so much for reverting it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just letting you know that the pet bar is working perfectly now. When I release a pet it removes itself from the pet bar. :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just popping in to say thank you for fixing the bug with permanent lobster trap gump and for adding summaries onto the pet gump...

J

Jonathan Baron

Yeah, sounds like it's time for one of those no-bug bug reports again, like the old Monte Python Nothing Happened ("There was no severed torso in the bushes,") sketch or Mitchell and Webb's "Its' Just a Cough."
-

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, I just have to thank you again for adding the 'drop what you're holding' action.

It is the most wonderful, beautiful, fantastic thing in the whole UO universe :D

J

Jonathan Baron

Wow - is this ever a break from some of the other threads....whoooooeeeeee, hells 'a popping in some places.

Yet somehow I feel....I dunno....empty in way if I haven't a complaint or a nit to pick. Nah....if only that were true I'd be happy.

Only thing I've got involves Frenzied Ostards - or Ostrich as some player called them yesterday, perfectly serious as he'd just tamed one for the first time and was wondering "do Ostriches eat cabbage?" Wasn't a Frenzied, so the answer was yes, of course, but I digress.

Just a year ago Frenzied Ostards were my thing. I'd been playing UO for two months and had got my taming up to the point that the book in the rune library - one that listed all locations by species and taming level required - said I could tame one. Not sure if you can remember being new to taming. The damned lizards kept killing me, I didn't know what to do and, naturally, the very idea of taming anything MORE FRENZIED felt about as possible as driving a minivan to the moon. First time I saw, "seems to accept you as its master," I was frozen with surprise and didn't know what to do next.

Ended up taming a lot of them. Spent a lot of time training them too. Didn't have much else to do. Whenever I'd go with anyone anywhere I'd just die immediately and that was that. So I spent hours training those agitated rideable reptiles.

Unlike all other UO pets, the hit points on a Frenzied Ostard will increase with training, up to 10%. Their Intelligence will stay frozen at very low levels for a long time but will reach 125 in all cases. Their Mana, oddly separate, can go as high as 118 in my experience though I would not be shocked if it could go higher. I simply don't recall getting it higher than that and I'd train these mini dinos for days on end.

All the other info you have on them in your calculator, Pinco, is accurate.

As an aside, although most will indeed reach GM level in the skills they possess, some will get frozen below that in one category or another. This fact needn't trouble the calculator of course.

I got better at taming. And while I no longer run packs of five, fully trained Frenzied Ostards, I keep three of my best on one character....for sentimental reasons I guess.
-

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Frenzied's are the best i used to run with a pack of 5 and they can be devastating unfortunately they take up to much stable space or i would still have a set to run with!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow - is this ever a break from some of the other threads....whoooooeeeeee, hells 'a popping in some places.

Yet somehow I feel....I dunno....empty in way if I haven't a complaint or a nit to pick. Nah....if only that were true I'd be happy.

Only thing I've got involves Frenzied Ostards - or Ostrich as some player called them yesterday, perfectly serious as he'd just tamed one for the first time and was wondering "do Ostriches eat cabbage?" Wasn't a Frenzied, so the answer was yes, of course, but I digress.

Just a year ago Frenzied Ostards were my thing. I'd been playing UO for two months and had got my taming up to the point that the book in the rune library - one that listed all locations by species and taming level required - said I could tame one. Not sure if you can remember being new to taming. The damned lizards kept killing me, I didn't know what to do and, naturally, the very idea of taming anything MORE FRENZIED felt about as possible as driving a minivan to the moon. First time I saw, "seems to accept you as its master," I was frozen with surprise and didn't know what to do next.

Ended up taming a lot of them. Spent a lot of time training them too. Didn't have much else to do. Whenever I'd go with anyone anywhere I'd just die immediately and that was that. So I spent hours training those agitated rideable reptiles.

Unlike all other UO pets, the hit points on a Frenzied Ostard will increase with training, up to 10%. Their Intelligence will stay frozen at very low levels for a long time but will reach 125 in all cases. Their Mana, oddly separate, can go as high as 118 in my experience though I would not be shocked if it could go higher. I simply don't recall getting it higher than that and I'd train these mini dinos for days on end.

All the other info you have on them in your calculator, Pinco, is accurate.

As an aside, although most will indeed reach GM level in the skills they possess, some will get frozen below that in one category or another. This fact needn't trouble the calculator of course.

I got better at taming. And while I no longer run packs of five, fully trained Frenzied Ostards, I keep three of my best on one character....for sentimental reasons I guess.
-
ehehe I understand well the ostard story :D
I've trained a goat all skills 100 and high stats, is amazing to see the goat run faster as you when rinding :D

However, now I'm obsessed by greater dragons, I need a specific one and I seems my luck is no good now... however, I might be happy for the 10 mil made by killing bad ones and the huge amount of gems :lol:
mmm, just wandering if can be considered a genocide :flame:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
rofl petra got me hooked on goats for fishing(they eat shoes and boots)

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes, the goat is definitely the fisherman's best friend.
Pinco, you're not the only sick *******. My goat is fully trained as well.
It's often entertaining to watch my cute little goat take down an ettin :)

J

Jonathan Baron

rofl petra got me hooked on goats for fishing(they eat shoes and boots)
OMG that's funny!! She's a gem, that one.

After I built a tamer I swore I'd never make another. I now have six. Never had a pet in the analog world. Don't want one either. Besides, how can a....a dog or a damned cat possibly compare to a creature as wholly astonishing as a Rune Beetle?

And while I could never feel that special affection for Greater Dragons that I've had for, say, Hiryus or Ostards, the sheer range of their attributes can be mesmerizing. The last thing I want is another GD, yet I can't stop myself from loring every damned one for sale in New Magincia on the five shards where I have characters.

If only they'd managed a stunning, imaginative name for them.....
-

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
4.6b

can you make this an option, i use this for my miner to move the ingots and gems and such out of my pack very easy.

all my bars are locked and stuck together neatly.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you make this an option, i use this for my miner to move the ingots and gems and such out of my pack very easy.

all my bars are locked and stuck together neatly.
just use an unlocked hotbar for ingots only :)

S

SoHeiX

Hi Pinco,

I wanted to double check with you if the party bar suppose to look like that. As I mention in a previous post I wasn't able to see any healths even when I'm standing next to the player.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering, and the answer is probably 'no', but is it possible to show buffs and de-buffs on pets' healthbars the way they do for our characters? It would be useful to know when my pet has been cursed, I could cast and remove it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering, and the answer is probably 'no', but is it possible to show buffs and de-buffs on pets' healthbars the way they do for our characters? It would be useful to know when my pet has been cursed, I could cast and remove it.
yes would be useful but I can't do that...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
4.6c

- Fixed a bug with the word of death hotbar button highlight, now will works only on mobiles.
- Fixed a bug that prevents to see the right low pet centerscreen warning value in the settings window after changing it.
- Added a button to lock the game area (near the one for resize it).
- When an hotbar timer starts now the background will be grayed (still usable).
- The pet rating calculator in the animal lore, will not use percentage higher than the cap.
- Moving the cursor over the Hits/Stamina/Mana icon on the animal lore window will show the current value.
- Every tamable pet you lore will be saved in the log folder in the following format "[hh.mm.ss] <pet name>.txt".
- Fixed a bug that prevents to see the correct scale on certain healthbars.
- Fixed a bug that keep showing the character sex selection on the first start if you try to change the user settings.
- Added a toggle for the loot sort tool into User Settings -> Pinco's UI.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
issue with sos.

while i love the function to automaticly add waypoints, i would like an option to view coordinates upon clicking an sos.

also if possble i would like that ancient sos had a slightly different label than the common ones.

am now in a situation where i have 30 sos planted across the map, but no idea or way to find out which one of them is the asos, other than disabling the interface :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
issue with sos.

while i love the function to automaticly add waypoints, i would like an option to view coordinates upon clicking an sos.

also if possble i would like that ancient sos had a slightly different label than the common ones.

am now in a situation where i have 30 sos planted across the map, but no idea or way to find out which one of them is the asos, other than disabling the interface :)
the coordinates can be shown, but I can't determine if is ancient or not.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, can you fix the crystal portal gump so that it actually waits for you to press "Go" ? If I'm looking at the scroll down list, but decide to switch facets or to mint or moongate etc., it sends me to whatever place I click on the list when I release the scrolldown list, rather than waiting for me to press "Go".

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just installed Pinco's UI on Windows XP Home Edition. Install went fine, the UI Patcher ran fine, but when I click 'Start UO Game' from the UI patcher, nothing happens. The game doesn't start. Don't see any error messages. Can anyone help me plz?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.