• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord_Armageddon

It's not necessary to run the patcher once Pinco's is installed. You can start the game normally and Pinco's will be active. I only run the patcher about once a week because there is an issue with my VPN and I have to disable it to run UIPatcher. So I just run the game normally and run the patcher to check for an update.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, can you fix the crystal portal gump so that it actually waits for you to press "Go" ? If I'm looking at the scroll down list, but decide to switch facets or to mint or moongate etc., it sends me to whatever place I click on the list when I release the scrolldown list, rather than waiting for me to press "Go".
done :)

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tip - I realized I had two menu picks from my Start menu for different installs of UO - I was using the wrong one! Everything is working fine now. This UI is great!!!!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just want to pop in and say that I will plan on spending some time later this long weekend and next week making sure that both Third Dawn and Copper are updated. I know I've been a bit lax on such thing, but the past few weeks have been completely insane for me from a business trip to Baltimore to a week+ of a pretty bad sinus infection afterward and my real job being INSANELY busy. So fear not, the two themes aren't "abandoned", just set aside to get some real life issues out of the way.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Just want to pop in and say that I will plan on spending some time later this long weekend and next week making sure that both Third Dawn and Copper are updated. I know I've been a bit lax on such thing, but the past few weeks have been completely insane for me from a business trip to Baltimore to a week+ of a pretty bad sinus infection afterward and my real job being INSANELY busy. So fear not, the two themes aren't "abandoned", just set aside to get some real life issues out of the way.
Good to hear. Look forward to the updates.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not a big deal, but every time I hit OK or Apply in the Sound tab of the Options window, I have to choose the sex of the voice for EC Sound (even if the option to choose the voice is not checked).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a big deal, but every time I hit OK or Apply in the Sound tab of the Options window, I have to choose the sex of the voice for EC Sound (even if the option to choose the voice is not checked).
this happen with the latest version?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bug: am not able to keep pet low health warning turned off. keep switching itself back on, updated latest version and problem persist.

am training taming on harts and killing them with melee while they are tame.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bug: am not able to keep pet low health warning turned off. keep switching itself back on, updated latest version and problem persist.

am training taming on harts and killing them with melee while they are tame.
fixed

Baby Bear

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hi pinco, may ask.
"Drop into container" can not be set in pet containers. I want you to be able to set up pet containers.
This is useful when you move the rog · ingot.

----------------------
Sorry, I'm poor at English:confused:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi pinco, may ask.
"Drop into container" can not be set in pet containers. I want you to be able to set up pet containers.
This is useful when you move the rog · ingot.

----------------------
Sorry, I'm poor at English:confused:
done

Ivor_MacGregor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi Pinco. First let me say your UI is the reason I play strictly with the EC. It is amazing.

I have a questions regarding something. Every so often (more and more it seems) the timers will get stuck and not reset on ability icons within my hotbars (i.e., concnetrate weapon, evasion, etc.). In addition, this seems to disable alerts (i.e., honor wearing off). This is continue until I log out and back in. Any advice? Thank you.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Set a hotkey to "Reload Interface" (down near the bottom of the Input tab in User Settings) and hit it when the timers and such get stuck. You'll get a second or so of lag, then everything will reset.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco. First let me say your UI is the reason I play strictly with the EC. It is amazing.

I have a questions regarding something. Every so often (more and more it seems) the timers will get stuck and not reset on ability icons within my hotbars (i.e., concnetrate weapon, evasion, etc.). In addition, this seems to disable alerts (i.e., honor wearing off). This is continue until I log out and back in. Any advice? Thank you.
if you are using the latest version, open the debug window at login, enable logs and when the bug happen close the game and send me the log file...

J

Jonathan Baron

Hey Pinco!

Was wondering if this is a bug in the EC or something you can address.

When I set what crtl shift will see (usually set to Corpse) to NPC Vendors I get nothing. When I set it to NPC I get the NPC Vendors just fine.
-

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pinco!

Was wondering if this is a bug in the EC or something you can address.

When I set what crtl shift will see (usually set to Corpse) to NPC Vendors I get nothing. When I set it to NPC I get the NPC Vendors just fine.
-
corpses are automatically ignored after opening it with ctrl shift.

J

Jonathan Baron

Sorry, Pinco, I wasn't clear.

If you set the dynamic objects filter to NPC Vendors you get nothing if you hit ctrl shift. If you set it to NPCs you get the NPC Vendors.
-

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, Pinco, I wasn't clear.

If you set the dynamic objects filter to NPC Vendors you get nothing if you hit ctrl shift. If you set it to NPCs you get the NPC Vendors.
-
it works for me...
check the label limits maybe is too low (User Settings -> Options -> Object handle quantity)
and remember that: NPC Vendors shows ONLY the NPC Vendors. So NO quest givers or player vendors.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Pinco

I wonder

can you possible create an action key to enable and disable the MiBs waypoint feature

the reason i ask, is it used to be nice to group all MiBs in to NW NE SW SE piles for easy gathering

i would like to be able to group them then enable your waypoint plotter once they are sorted

please? go on, i'll be your best friend!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Annnnnnnnnnnnnd

not at all good with agents loot drop etc, but is there a way to catch fish and drop straight into my beetle instead of drag and drop? i get over loaded quickly :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pinco

I wonder

can you possible create an action key to enable and disable the MiBs waypoint feature

the reason i ask, is it used to be nice to group all MiBs in to NW NE SW SE piles for easy gathering

i would like to be able to group them then enable your waypoint plotter once they are sorted

please? go on, i'll be your best friend!
In the next version the coordinates are visible on the current gump so there is no need of disable it :p

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd

not at all good with agents loot drop etc, but is there a way to catch fish and drop straight into my beetle instead of drag and drop? i get over loaded quickly :(
no, you can only use the organizer to move them...

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jack, first you need to put the orghanizer agent button onto a hotbar. It's the one that looks like an agent in black in the 'Actions' menu under Pinco's.

With that you can select and lable containers that are to be the receivers. You can then store what items you want to go into those containers.

Then you right click the left arrow on the top of your backpack to choose which container to use. Then left click it and keep moving your mouse and the stuff will move from your pack to the chosen container.

I have one set up for my beetle Betteleguice which I labled "Beetleguice". I set it so all the fish and crustys will go into it.

I have another container at my house, a chest that I set up the same way and labled it "Fish Box".

Now when I'm fishing and I'm full of fish I right click that arrow to make sure "Beetleguice" is selected. Next I left click the arrow and keep my mouse moving and all the fishies go into my beetle.

When I get home I get close to the fish box chest and hop off my beetle. I open the beetle's pack then right click the arrow and select "Fish Box" then I left click the arrow and keep the mouse moving and all the fishies move from my beetle into the chest.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco I am anxiously awaiting the mib change. I too like to group my mibs :)

I actually haven't yet had the time to try out the waypoint thing but I'm hoping this weekend will offer me some good quality UO time. Whether the change is in by then or not I'm itching to fish up some chests.

On a side note: I tried playing with the CC last weekend just for nostalgic reasons. (It's been a long, long while since I used it last). Couldn't do it. I lasted maybe five minutes and went right back to the Pinco enabled EC.

So congratulations, I am officially spoiled rotten. It's the Pinco enabled EC or nothing! :D

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jack, first you need to put the orghanizer agent button onto a hotbar. It's the one that looks like an agent in black in the 'Actions' menu under Pinco's.

With that you can select and lable containers that are to be the receivers. You can then store what items you want to go into those containers.

Then you right click the left arrow on the top of your backpack to choose which container to use. Then left click it and keep moving your mouse and the stuff will move from your pack to the chosen container.

I have one set up for my beetle Betteleguice which I labled "Beetleguice". I set it so all the fish and crustys will go into it.

I have another container at my house, a chest that I set up the same way and labled it "Fish Box".

Now when I'm fishing and I'm full of fish I right click that arrow to make sure "Beetleguice" is selected. Next I left click the arrow and keep my mouse moving and all the fishies go into my beetle.

When I get home I get close to the fish box chest and hop off my beetle. I open the beetle's pack then right click the arrow and select "Fish Box" then I left click the arrow and keep the mouse moving and all the fishies move from my beetle into the chest.
tyvm, gonna grab a cup of coffee and follow this up!;)

Great tyvm, will take a while to get used to it but it works:)

J

Jonathan Baron

it works for me...
check the label limits maybe is too low (User Settings -> Options -> Object handle quantity)
and remember that: NPC Vendors shows ONLY the NPC Vendors. So NO quest givers or player vendors.
That may well be it, Pinco. My sensei in EC matters, and others, advised me to lower the limit - and make some other tweeks - because I had a miserable connection at the time. I have since moved and now have, by sheer chance, the best connection I've ever had.

Not going to change things as I still get what I want setting it to NPCs when strolling Luna and other vendor malls. Normally you simply click on the sign of the vendor house to get the vendor you're looking for but that doesn't give you the option to set it to vendor names rather than shop names, and too many players name the vendor and not the shop. Hence all those Shop Not Named listings.
-

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note to everyone:
the changelog shows the work in progress and you can keep an eye on it to check what's going on ;)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rofl ...

First I rebooted the computer after the first attempt.. same result,

Second, I removed the path from this key as you asked

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\ultima online enhanced

And here I have a nice error message ( translating from French )

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Strangely the game itself launch perfectly
you have to remove the ultima online enhance from registry, sorry :p
I'm getting the same error about the Object reference not set...
I checked my registry and don't see any reference to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\ultima online enhanced
It was working before, but not sure what I did to cause this error all of a sudden. Using Win 7 64bit.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm getting the same error about the Object reference not set...
I checked my registry and don't see any reference to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\ultima online enhanced
It was working before, but not sure what I did to cause this error all of a sudden. Using Win 7 64bit.
on 64bit machines is different:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA Games\ultima online enhanced

J

Jonathan Baron

Forgive me if this bug has been previously reported.

The lore gump no longer reports on the current mana and hit point state of your animal. It gives its max. For instance, in the factory original it would give, say, 120/445 for mana on a casting animal whose mana had been depleted, or a similar style report for an animal who had taken damage.

Most casting animals blow their mana fast and it can take them awhile to regenerate it. At the moment we don't know their mana state.
-

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive me if this bug has been previously reported.

The lore gump no longer reports on the current mana and hit point state of your animal. It gives its max. For instance, in the factory original it would give, say, 120/445 for mana on a casting animal whose mana had been depleted, or a similar style report for an animal who had taken damage.

Most casting animals blow their mana fast and it can take them awhile to regenerate it. At the moment we don't know their mana state.
-
yes, was fixed in the last patch in this way:

- Moving the cursor over the Hits/Stamina/Mana icon on the animal lore window will show the current value.

J

Jonathan Baron

Ah!!

Sorry for my failure to do my homework on that one, Pinco.

-

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone, I'm new here & to the enhanced client. I have Pinco's UI loaded as well. I am trying to set up a hot key to mount my mount. When I try to use the mount in actions in a macro, it gives me a target to target my mount. I target my mount & it says thats not yours. Am I doing something wrong? I do select the correct mount in my case a cu.

Also when I alt tab (full screen mode) out of game & back in I have no sound. I have to click apply on the user settings.

Is there a way to automatically open doors? I do have a hot key set up for it.
This is just a couple things I miss.

I was just wondering if there is a script program out that works with enhanced client? I miss having a auto looter

Anyway thanks for your time.
I'm unable to emulate your mount problem...

The alt-tab sound bug is old (exist since kr) and I can't do anything about

The auto-open door do not exist, just use a macro for it.

Use the organizer as auto-looter.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I've finished to update the forum.

Other than a proper space for the pinco's UI and its related logo, there is also 3 sections dedicated to be used:
- Bug Report: is the bug tracker, so please, post here if you find any bug.
- Suggestion: if you have a suggestion, post in here.
- Support: in alternative of this post, you can use this forum to ask questions.

I hope you all will use the new bug tracker to post the future bugs, since I can't keep looking all the forum for it without forget something :D

C

Cloak&Dagger

Pinco, the Min and Max skill levels for Necromancy in the necro spellbook tooltips is off. Examples would be Omen, Horriffic Beast, Strangle, Poison Strike and summon familiar. Strangle says the min skill is 50 when it is in fact 65 and max is set at 90 when it is 105. (Never looked at it till a friend was just asking me)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1984849 said:
Pinco, the Min and Max skill levels for Necromancy in the necro spellbook tooltips is off. Examples would be Omen, Horriffic Beast, Strangle, Poison Strike and summon familiar. Strangle says the min skill is 50 when it is in fact 65 and max is set at 90 when it is 105. (Never looked at it till a friend was just asking me)
all the min values are client default I didn't set it...

however:
as I said: post the bugs here so I can track them and leave this post for question about the use of the UI. Thanks.

C

Cloak&Dagger

all the min values are client default I didn't set it...

however:
as I said: post the bugs here so I can track them and leave this post for question about the use of the UI. Thanks.
Yea sorry I started to post before you posted that but didn't hit submit till like an hour or more later lol.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1984860 said:
Yea sorry I started to post before you posted that but didn't hit submit till like an hour or more later lol.
np, sometimes could happen :p
You should report this bug to EA since is a great misinformation bug..

M

MySavannahRanger

"Technological moron speaking"
It is awsome to see you helping people out like this Pinco. Shame on me if this has always happened and i havn't looked into it to see. But after the recent bashing of the game i Love, it is awsome to see that someone who cares, is helping out those with troubles.
Like me or not , i dont care. I just happened to come across this page.
Pinco, you rock, please keep up the good work.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you use organizer with enhanced client?
esc -> agent settings (to add items type or id)

then every container has 2 buttons:
arrow down: restock (right click to switch between the available restocks)

arrow pointed bottom-left: organizer (right click to switch between the available organizers)

L

Lord_Armageddon

VPN Issues

Tried a couple of things.

First, I disabled the VPN and did the update from UI Patcher. No change. When I activate the VPN and run the update it fails to connect.

I then downloaded a fresh version from guain.it, but even thought it says it was updated yesterday, all the files in the zip have the exact same size and time stamp as the original. I installed it anyway, but as soon as I ran the program it failed to connect. I disabled the VPN, ran it again and it connected and said I had the latest of everything.

Everything on my computer runs fine over the VPN except UI Patcher. The UO patch program works fine, and of course the UI works great in the game. I just have to kill my VPN to upgrade which I don't like to do. Not sure where we go from here.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: VPN Issues

Tried a couple of things.

First, I disabled the VPN and did the update from UI Patcher. No change. When I activate the VPN and run the update it fails to connect.

I then downloaded a fresh version from guain.it, but even thought it says it was updated yesterday, all the files in the zip have the exact same size and time stamp as the original. I installed it anyway, but as soon as I ran the program it failed to connect. I disabled the VPN, ran it again and it connected and said I had the latest of everything.

Everything on my computer runs fine over the VPN except UI Patcher. The UO patch program works fine, and of course the UI works great in the game. I just have to kill my VPN to upgrade which I don't like to do. Not sure where we go from here.
are you sure you can access google.com? :D
because that's all the connection check's do...

L

Lord_Armageddon

I can go to any web site anywhere. I get my email through google.com. I get to google.com almost instantaneously.

You're not going there through the web, are you using an API? How do you access the internet?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can go to any web site anywhere. I get my email through google.com. I get to google.com almost instantaneously.

You're not going there through the web, are you using an API? How do you access the internet?
through the webrequest object that is default for .net...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Version 4.7 Spoiler

Since many of you are wandering why the new version is not out yet, by reading the changelog you can see I'm very busy with fixing and adding new features.
Here is one of the 2 main new fetures of the version 4.7.

The old buff/debuff bar has been removed.
These 2 bars are movable, scalable, lockable, rotable and totally indipendent (so each one can be rotated or locked without affect the other)

Stay tuned for the second spoiler :p

Status
Not open for further replies.