• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK... I'll keep hacking at it and see if I can't get it working. Where does the updater store the files before they are moved? maybe I can move them manually....

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
OK... I'll keep hacking at it and see if I can't get it working. Where does the updater store the files before they are moved? maybe I can move them manually....
One thing that has thrown me off before with Linux is inherited permissions. In other words, if you want to allow files to be executed in a folder, the folder that folder is in has to have the executable permission, and so on down to the root folder. That might be something you will want to look at. They don't all have to be owned by the same user, but they do have to have executable permissions for that user.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the patcher creates a temp folder inside the game folder and in the system temp folder.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco,

since update i cannot heal my red team mates using the bar buttons

Thanks
Hardy

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco I'm in awe of the new pet mod..... OMG just what I've been dreaming of...

HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Oh and thanks for helping me turn one of my friends to the dark side and using the EC and your UI!

I showed him all about your UI today and he was in AWE.

Then he cursed me for not forcing him to switch and get your UI sooner!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I love the new pet window and with the pet vender's coming up this is perfect timing it will help a lot

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Pinco,

since update i cannot heal my red team mates using the bar buttons

Thanks
Hardy
I'm unable to replicate the bug.

be sure you are using the latest UI version (available only on default texture pack)

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
downloading another new version now :) btw Pinco, pet gumps are simply AWESOME!

T

Tazar

I have not been keeping up with the thread here for a while, but I've really been enjoying the interface and constant upgrades.

One problem though... I have noticed that markers on the radar map seem to move slightly as I move so that by the time I get to the marker, it is not really marking the right thing (like tracking down the blip of a wandering healer while dead). Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix for it?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah im using copper, ill try without....*loves copper though*
the copper will be available when dermott will update it :p

I have not been keeping up with the thread here for a while, but I've really been enjoying the interface and constant upgrades.

One problem though... I have noticed that markers on the radar map seem to move slightly as I move so that by the time I get to the marker, it is not really marking the right thing (like tracking down the blip of a wandering healer while dead). Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix for it?
if the markers don't stay in their position the UI is crashed, and I can't emulate the problem if I don't know how do you make it crash :(

T

Tazar

if the markers don't stay in their position the UI is crashed, and I can't emulate the problem if I don't know how do you make it crash :(
Hmmm... I am not sure how it crashes then... everything about it seems to be working - except the map markers float. As I move north towards a marker, it slowly wanders north from it's marked spot as well - though not as fast as I move north... so I do eventually get to the marker, but by then, I have passed the spot it was supposed to be marking.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I found just re opening the map sets them back

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any way to restart the UI without re-logging?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made some test, the wandering healer marker is not in the right place NOT because the UI crash, but because the server send the data with an high delay, so if the wandering healer is moving fast the marker is not exactly on the right place...

L

Lord_Armageddon

I've also noticed the problem of the marker moving. Last time it happened I had died, went to Humility and rezed, and then my corpse marker and the humility moongtate kept moving with me. I had to go to the approximate place where I had died and look around for my body. I'll try to get more detail next time it happens, and I'll also try reloading the UI to see if that works.

I have noticed something else, however. I'm not seeing any difference between having the Quick Loot on or off. I can right click on any container and loot, either way. Only difference is with Player Vendors when it tries to loot their backpacks.

I had another problem with looting when I couldn't quick loot anything. I had to click and drag to my backpack. That turned out to be the fact I had removed the loot bag, so it was still looking for a place to put the loot. Not sure if that could be programmed for. There is no "idiot proof" programming statement that I know of, though I created a few in my programming career. LOL

I must say, Pinco, I am absolutely amazed at what you have been able to accomplish. You were given a bag of horse manure to work with, and you have managed to find the gems, pull them out, clean them up, and produce something truly amazing. My hat is off to you sir. (I hope you're a "sir" or I'm guilty of a serious faux pas.)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also noticed the problem of the marker moving. Last time it happened I had died, went to Humility and rezed, and then my corpse marker and the humility moongtate kept moving with me. I had to go to the approximate place where I had died and look around for my body. I'll try to get more detail next time it happens, and I'll also try reloading the UI to see if that works.

I have noticed something else, however. I'm not seeing any difference between having the Quick Loot on or off. I can right click on any container and loot, either way. Only difference is with Player Vendors when it tries to loot their backpacks.

I had another problem with looting when I couldn't quick loot anything. I had to click and drag to my backpack. That turned out to be the fact I had removed the loot bag, so it was still looking for a place to put the loot. Not sure if that could be programmed for. There is no "idiot proof" programming statement that I know of, though I created a few in my programming career. LOL

I must say, Pinco, I am absolutely amazed at what you have been able to accomplish. You were given a bag of horse manure to work with, and you have managed to find the gems, pull them out, clean them up, and produce something truly amazing. My hat is off to you sir. (I hope you're a "sir" or I'm guilty of a serious faux pas.)
as I said if all the markers keep moving with you means that the UI is crashed and I need more info about in order to fix it...

about the loot bag, you can put the action to set another one if the previous one is gone, or just press "I" to drop the item in the backpack.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The marker problem sometimes also happends when you cross a server line.

And together with the marker problem if that happens the globes that takes you to town and dungeon don't work anymore when you click on it. (Menu don't appear to select.

A relog do always fix the problem.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The marker problem sometimes also happends when you cross a server line.

And together with the marker problem if that happens the globes that takes you to town and dungeon don't work anymore when you click on it. (Menu don't appear to select.

A relog do always fix the problem.
because the UI is crashed...
I need to know exactly how to replicate it in order to make a fix... or at least enable the debug log and send me the file when the problem happen...

L

Lord_Armageddon

Clock not showing

There may be a way to fix this, but here is how I did it.

I had one character who did not have the clock on screen. I tried everything imaginable, including reloading the UI and the clock just was not there. I closed every window, minimized every hotbar, no clock.

Finally I set the UI scale to .50 and there it was, down below the screen. I moved it back into the screen area, restored my UI scale, and now I have the clock.

It would be nice if there were some way to bring off-screen objects back onto the screen. It may not be doable, but if not, at least this shows a way to find them.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Clock not showing

There may be a way to fix this, but here is how I did it.

I had one character who did not have the clock on screen. I tried everything imaginable, including reloading the UI and the clock just was not there. I closed every window, minimized every hotbar, no clock.

Finally I set the UI scale to .50 and there it was, down below the screen. I moved it back into the screen area, restored my UI scale, and now I have the clock.

It would be nice if there were some way to bring off-screen objects back onto the screen. It may not be doable, but if not, at least this shows a way to find them.
a very old version of the UI had the feature to bring windows off screen back, but it makes huge mess around, so it has been removed.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because the UI is crashed...
I need to know exactly how to replicate it in order to make a fix... or at least enable the debug log and send me the file when the problem happen...

Yep, i keep a eye out on it. Sometimes i don't notice it right away.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK - "FOlder not empty" weirdness continues

Every OTHER time I log in, Pinco is active, the next time, it gives me the error that it's the wrong version and proceeds to install, eventually giving me the folder not empty error. Then I log in, and I'm on the regular UI. Next time, I launch the UIPatcher, same thing, but the UI is active when I get in...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK - "FOlder not empty" weirdness continues

Every OTHER time I log in, Pinco is active, the next time, it gives me the error that it's the wrong version and proceeds to install, eventually giving me the folder not empty error. Then I log in, and I'm on the regular UI. Next time, I launch the UIPatcher, same thing, but the UI is active when I get in...
try to remove the pinco's ui folder from UserInterface manually and version.xml then try again, maybe during the first tries something goes wrong.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss is where mine is

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
pinco I have found a glitch with the new lore window it works fine untill i go to my pet broker and use lore from the broker window once i do that the window reverts to the old style even when I lore something with my tamer i have to log out and back on to get it to work again

X

Xantrik

So, this is more of a pet rating quesiton than a Pinco's UI question. I tamed a 4.0 GD last night and when I lored it after taming it had dropped down to 3.9. Obviously it loses skills when tamed so I am not concerned about the decrease.

My question is what should be the final rating of this pet once trained completely?

Edit: Oh, and can someone please explain the Dynamic Objects window? I have no clue how this thing is supposed to operate. :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco,

Petra made a good suggestion about marking a waypoint for your ship whenever you leave it.

Could you make a special waypoint marker that looks like a wee little ship?

Would make it very nice and easy to see your ship spot if the marker looked like a wee ship.

Thanks

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, this is more of a pet rating quesiton than a Pinco's UI question. I tamed a 4.0 GD last night and when I lored it after taming it had dropped down to 3.9. Obviously it loses skills when tamed so I am not concerned about the decrease.

My question is what should be the final rating of this pet once trained completely?

Edit: Oh, and can someone please explain the Dynamic Objects window? I have no clue how this thing is supposed to operate. :(
train it and see by yourself :D
however the rating is made in this way:
65% resistances
25% HP
5% stats
5% skills

so by raising the skills probably will reach 4.0.

the object handle window is just for switch what you see with ctrl + shift.

Pinco,

Petra made a good suggestion about marking a waypoint for your ship whenever you leave it.

Could you make a special waypoint marker that looks like a wee little ship?

Would make it very nice and easy to see your ship spot if the marker looked like a wee ship.

Thanks
There is no way to detect the ship location.

I

Istarmore

Hi , it is possible to do a unravel calculation without the resists?.

I think they count on unravel text info but they don't count for unraveling purposes.

Thanks.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi , it is possible to do a unravel calculation without the resists?.

I think they count on unravel text info but they don't count for unraveling purposes.

Thanks.
the basic armor resistances are automatically excluded, can create problems only on runic armors...

The new version will contains something useful for that purpose :p

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When you first tame it, and use the Pet Power Calc, the star rating With Skills is what the final rating will always be, as the vast majority of the weighting for points goes into Hit Points and the Resists, which don't change, so a pretty large variation in final skills can occur without moving the rating as such.

However... Awesome work once more Pinco! But feedback time I'm afraid!

Firstly, at UI Scale 1 the Lore gump is enormous; even transparent it can be distracting when running about Destard looking at Greater Dragons! Is it possible to have a toggle for a smaller version, possibly including just Star Rating, and a few user selected stats please? I'd probably aim for HP, Phys & Fire resist for a first glance when looking for tames, so 4 selectable stats maybe?

Secondly, if you are using the Pet Power Calc as the basis for the star rating, there seems to be a mismatch between ratings in a few post tame pets.

This Greater Dragon for instance is actually a 4.3 rated pet on Pet Calc, but the gump only sees it as 3.7.

I have another fully drained Greater Dragon, it's my first ever tamed one and is a 3.1 with skills included, and that one is correctly reported.

My Bane Dragon is also under reported as a 3.5 when it is a 4.1 rated.

My Cu Sidhe and Nightmares seem to work ok post-tame, but the Swamp Dragon has way too low resistance values, or can have the barding added to the lore gump; My valorite barded dragon has 310/180 resists and is thus rated as a 15.1 Star.

Either all my small pets are Legacy ones and thus are outside the current values, or your stats for Bulls and Cows are wrong; I can exceed the Hit Points, Intelligence and Mana values given despite not being fully trained yet. Yes, I have a pack of cows for fun on my tamer, and so far I've got a 20.3 rated, 18.4, 17.4, and 16.7 star cow, and a 7.1 rated Bull to lead them.

And in the opposite direction... I also have a chicken from 2001 with 125 in all stats and 4xGM skills, 125hps, Dexterity and 120 Mana, maxim 5/5 physical resists... but it's only rated 3.8 stars, he he. It's the best possible chicken, no other compares! :p

I thought Giant Beetles' values were broken for a while, but it seems my first ever tame was just a 1.1 star whittle in Pet Calc too, but I love her so she stays!

My Rune Beetle in Pet Calc is a 3.1 but a 2.8 in Pinco.

If I can help identify the differences, please feel free to ask more questions about each pet, or arrange to come see them in game if need be!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Pinco I know you can't detect the location ....... I want you to make a MARKER for the ship that I myself can add to the map.... So BEFORE I leave my ship I can drop a "ship shaped" marker on my map So I can FIND my ship should my rune stop working...

I'm talking about adding just a marker icon that is For your ship that the PLAYER puts on the map as a waypoint.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Firstly, at UI Scale 1 the Lore gump is enormous; even transparent it can be distracting when running about Destard looking at Greater Dragons! Is it possible to have a toggle for a smaller version, possibly including just Star Rating, and a few user selected stats please? I'd probably aim for HP, Phys & Fire resist for a first glance when looking for tames, so 4 selectable stats maybe?

Secondly, if you are using the Pet Power Calc as the basis for the star rating, there seems to be a mismatch between ratings in a few post tame pets.

This Greater Dragon for instance is actually a 4.3 rated pet on Pet Calc, but the gump only sees it as 3.7.

I have another fully drained Greater Dragon, it's my first ever tamed one and is a 3.1 with skills included, and that one is correctly reported.

My Cu Sidhe and Nightmares seem to work ok post-tame, but the Swamp Dragon has way too low resistance values, or can have the barding added to the lore gump; My valorite barded dragon has 310/180 resists and is thus rated as a 15.1 Star.

Either all my small pets are Legacy ones and thus are outside the current values, or your stats for Bulls and Cows are wrong; I can exceed the Hit Points, Intelligence and Mana values given despite not being fully trained yet. Yes, I have a pack of cows for fun on my tamer, and so far I've got a 20.3 rated, 18.4, 17.4, and 16.7 star cow, and a 7.1 rated Bull to lead them.

And in the opposite direction... I also have a chicken from 2001 with 125 in all stats and 4xGM skills, 125hps, Dexterity and 120 Mana, maxim 5/5 physical resists... but it's only rated 3.8 stars, he he. It's the best possible chicken, no other compares! :p
As far as I can tell the ratings for Pinco's UI include skills, pre and post tame. There may be some variation with the Pet Power Calculator but you won't see your final rating in Pinco's UI until you have your pet fully trained. As for the rest of it, I understand your wanting a mini pet lore gump, but the Pinco's UI gump is fully scaleable. I can make it fit quite nicely in the bottom left corner of my screen where it doesn't distract too much from what is on the rest of the screen.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you first tame it, and use the Pet Power Calc, the star rating With Skills is what the final rating will always be, as the vast majority of the weighting for points goes into Hit Points and the Resists, which don't change, so a pretty large variation in final skills can occur without moving the rating as such.

However... Awesome work once more Pinco! But feedback time I'm afraid!

I thought Giant Beetles' values were broken for a while, but it seems my first ever tame was just a 1.1 star whittle in Pet Calc too, but I love her so she stays!

My Rune Beetle in Pet Calc is a 3.1 but a 2.8 in Pinco.

If I can help identify the differences, please feel free to ask more questions about each pet, or arrange to come see them in game if need be!
As I said the calculator works with the following parameters:
65% resistances
25% hp
5% stat
5% skills

Probably you'll never see the same value of the web calculator, because they are using a different algorithm and they using a different db.

About the size, as llewen says, just scale the gump down :p

About the stats selection, we'll see if I have the time to add the huge menu for them

Pinco I know you can't detect the location ....... I want you to make a MARKER for the ship that I myself can add to the map.... So BEFORE I leave my ship I can drop a "ship shaped" marker on my map So I can FIND my ship should my rune stop working...

I'm talking about adding just a marker icon that is For your ship that the PLAYER puts on the map as a waypoint.

ok, this can be done :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe I just use a pink pin labelled 'boat'.

Ezekiel, nothing disastrous, just Pinco is too prolific for Dermott to keep up with updating.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said the calculator works with the following parameters:
65% resistances
25% hp
5% stat
5% skills

Probably you'll never see the same value of the web calculator, because they are using a different algorithm and they using a different db.

About the size, as llewen says, just scale the gump down :p

About the stats selection, we'll see if I have the time to add the huge menu for them
The problem with different algorithms is that the market value of pets has been based upon the web page for so long that it's the standard now; And assuming it remains the standard algorithm, when buying pets at least you'd have to cross check the Pet Calc anyway, as that's what the seller would likely be ranking by instead.

I suggested a user selected gump for which stats you wanted to report because when using a simpler gump because for "keepers" however, people have their own preferences. High Wrestle skill was one I was asked to find on a GD recently for instance. Now yes, I'd forgotten that all the windows could be scaled, so I've since shrunk my own Lore gump down again! But it's much harder to get an "at a glance" view from it when you are scaling down so much information; one reason why the original design has multiple pages.

Maybe it's just me, but I find the idea awesome but the implementation actually hinders my taming patterns currently; less is more, at least at first when I'm wondering whether I need to hide and have a longer look later!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mainly I've been insanely busy at work lately (as well as out of town a few times), so UI stuff has taken a bit of a back seat. I'll get back to it soon, I promise!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Maybe it's just me, but I find the idea awesome but the implementation actually hinders my taming patterns currently; less is more, at least at first when I'm wondering whether I need to hide and have a longer look later!
I love the modded animal lore gump, and I don't have any problem whatsoever working with it. It would be hard for him to recreate the Pet Power Calculator, it could be done, but I don't have a problem with his rating as it is. I never take pet ratings as gospel, other than if I am selling a pet I will use the PPC rating, as it has gained wide acceptance. I actually have my own rating system that I use for myself, and don't mind having three different systems to compare.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm thinking that the animal Lore gump may be a bit messed up for dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.