• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC3 and EA Land Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Dixie, I think you have a great point! As paying members we have a right to complain and keep on the devs.

If you went out to buy any product and you found a problem... it's an inconvenience and customer service has got to cater to you- it's a standard.

I am growing tired of the people on this board who are kissing butt, seriously! Let the devs defend themselves, they are paid to deal with the backlash that results from problems like this. Occupy yourselves with something else please! You should not be getting on people for presenting their valid complaints.

So which teacher's pet is going to respond to this?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Isn't fixing this the job they get paid to do? Is there a job that when somethings messed up and ur customers are complaining that u can just quit and go home? IF so tell me I dure would like to have it. I'm in customer service job in rl and believe me its no different in rl except on here the dev's have the pc to hide behind. Not so easy in rl so why should it be for them here. Yes its a game to us but its their job they get paid real money for it

[/ QUOTE ]

just because it's their job doesnt mean you can bash on them, what if you were busting your behind to solve someones problem at your job and they started bashing you.. you think they have the right to do that? oh but thats different cause it's you and not the devs right? get over yourself they are working on it so hard they dont even have time to come defend themself from ignorent people like you (yeah i know my grammar sucks but atleast i'm not full of myself and think my crap dont stick cause i cant smell it up on my high horse)

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL as i said I'm in customer service and have had to stand and smile at people calling me names my family names and still have to smile and do as they ask. Thats part of dealing with unhappy customers

[/ QUOTE ]

thats real classy you know what it feels like so your gonna do it to other because some jerks do it to you, i pity your mentality. you should understand that they are trying their best and support them rather than join a group of misfits and bash them and as for the 1/2 done thing when the clock is up you go home dont you? sorry but i dunno many employees that pull 24 hour shifts just because there is a problem that needs fixing, had the devs wanted to they could of said hey we've been on it for 12 hours time to sleep and come back tomorrow and try again. but they dont.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's what they did. They went home with the majority of players still hanging at 35%. And as for the "1/2 done thing when the clock is up you go home", guess you never really had a job that you were committed to. I commit myself to a job and make sure everything that is necessary is done BEFORE I go home. Not the next day because I just feel like I've already put in a long day, to hell with the customers that are paying my salary.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem may not even be in the Dev's area. It may be hardware related which I'm sure is in the hands of a totally different dept. The dev's might be sitting there as angry as we are waiting on someone else before thety can do thier jobs.

D

DixieM

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Isn't fixing this the job they get paid to do? Is there a job that when somethings messed up and ur customers are complaining that u can just quit and go home? IF so tell me I dure would like to have it. I'm in customer service job in rl and believe me its no different in rl except on here the dev's have the pc to hide behind. Not so easy in rl so why should it be for them here. Yes its a game to us but its their job they get paid real money for it

[/ QUOTE ]

just because it's their job doesnt mean you can bash on them, what if you were busting your behind to solve someones problem at your job and they started bashing you.. you think they have the right to do that? oh but thats different cause it's you and not the devs right? get over yourself they are working on it so hard they dont even have time to come defend themself from ignorent people like you (yeah i know my grammar sucks but atleast i'm not full of myself and think my crap dont stick cause i cant smell it up on my high horse)

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL as i said I'm in customer service and have had to stand and smile at people calling me names my family names and still have to smile and do as they ask. Thats part of dealing with unhappy customers

[/ QUOTE ]

thats real classy you know what it feels like so your gonna do it to other because some jerks do it to you, i pity your mentality. you should understand that they are trying their best and support them rather than join a group of misfits and bash them and as for the 1/2 done thing when the clock is up you go home dont you? sorry but i dunno many employees that pull 24 hour shifts just because there is a problem that needs fixing, had the devs wanted to they could of said hey we've been on it for 12 hours time to sleep and come back tomorrow and try again. but they dont.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's what they did. They went home with the majority of players still hanging at 35%. And as for the "1/2 done thing when the clock is up you go home", guess you never really had a job that you were committed to. I commit myself to a job and make sure everything that is necessary is done BEFORE I go home. Not the next day because I just feel like I've already put in a long day, to hell with the customers that are paying my salary.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem may not even be in the Dev's area. It may be hardware related which I'm sure is in the hands of a totally different dept. The dev's might be sitting there as angry as we are waiting on someone else before thety can do thier jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then would it not be simple to just say we are having hardware problems or something atleast?

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we're the other players that were stuck at 35% trying to bounce between eal and tc3? cause if you check the devs post they clearly state not to do that cause that issue will happen "stay in the city your in until this problem is resolved, jumping cities is what is causing the issue atm" i believe is what they said, people should really read what they say rather than just bash them

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

The problem with that is, if they are given ALL the game play aspects for free in TC3, why leave to pay in EAL?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much what we have now. Just about anything anyone pays for in EAL, we get free in TC3. We can skill, make money, have jobs, own lots, etc. And right now I see nothing to excite me enough to go back to paying for my game. Maybe to get all my locks above what I will get from amnesty, but nothing else has me ready to pay.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Then would it not be simple to just say we are having hardware problems or something atleast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cant argue there... you got me that time, lol.

D

DixieM

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we're the other players that were stuck at 35% trying to bounce between eal and tc3? cause if you check the devs post they clearly state not to do that cause that issue will happen "stay in the city your in until this problem is resolved, jumping cities is what is causing the issue atm" i believe is what they said, people should really read what they say rather than just bash them

[/ QUOTE ]
But that was if u were already in most of us havent been in since yesterday. that has nothing to do with the ones who cant even get in

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

Dixie, I think you have a great point! As paying members we have a right to complain and keep on the devs.

If you went out to buy any product and you found a problem... it's an inconvenience and customer service has got to cater to you- it's a standard.

I am growing tired of the people on this board who are kissing butt, seriously! Let the devs defend themselves, they are paid to deal with the backlash that results from problems like this. Occupy yourselves with something else please! You should not be getting on people for presenting their valid complaints.

[/ QUOTE ]

well if they weren't busting tail trying to fix the problem maybe they could defend themself and yeah i'll respond to it no matter what you call me, come on lets go back to grade school while we're at it :p

M

mysticlisa516

If that is the problem, why no updates from the devs. I am sure everyone would understand that, still upset, but understandable. The devs are making this much worse by no response on what is going on.

LOL....I will ask one of my customers today, "If there is a problem with the service I give you , and don't notify you of the complications; would you understand?" I am almost positive that that account would be pulled immediately.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll respond. I have nothing against valid complaints when they don't insult others that have more patience to wait for problems to iron themselves out. Just because some find it easier to wait things out is no reason to start calling them names.

T

Terra Pin

*shrug* Do you play any other mmorpg's? My other current game is WoW, with a weekly maintenance on Tuesdays. Lets just say by the weekend, we're all looking forward to maintenance day because of how unstable the servers become. And heaven help THOSE devs on a patch day!

Anyway, just pointing out that downtime, server probs, coding issues, bugs etc are just a part of the online gaming world.... ALL online games, not just this one. Sure it's frustrating for us.... I'm betting even MORE frustrating for the guys in that office right now! I would imagine the air is pretty blue with words that would be censored here

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I also work in customer service, and deal with cusotmers calling me names and all that. And you know what? It makes me want to treat service providers I deal with a little better, not treat them like crap because "thats part of dealing with unhappy customers."

And to those going on about how they'd be fired if they left with only half their work done...does your job involve making sure something is available online 24 hours a day? These people need to sleep sometime. Also, I somehow doubt that the devs are getting anywhere near the full $9.99 we pay per account.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll respond. I have nothing against valid complaints when they don't insult others that have more patience to wait for problems to iron themselves out. Just because some find it easier to wait things out is no reason to start calling them names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen Gracie

M

mysticlisa516

[/ QUOTE ]

I did stay in EA Land, I never play in TC3. So, why couldn't I get back in after crashing last night? I didn't patch.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

well if they weren't busting tail trying to fix the problem maybe they could defend themself and yeah i'll respond to it no matter what you call me, come on lets go back to grade school while we're at it :p

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I'm really not trying to be a teachers pet. I just get grouchy because I've been doing pc work for years and I know sometims things take forever to work out. Its frusterating on both sides and both sides have valid arguements. I literally have spent days tryign to fix a pc problem that only took 5 minutes to handle when it was finally diagnosed.

A

Anarela

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think so?

I'm committed to my job, and many times you think you got it fixed, just to come back next day and see that something else has come about... and they DID put up more time than just their regular work hours... did you think of that?

D

DixieM

HAHAHAHA this is the devs way of keeping us occupied fighting with each other = P

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I did stay in EA Land, I never play in TC3. So, why couldn't I get back in after crashing last night? I didn't patch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here Lisa. I have two separate installations of the game. Patching back and forth was not and issue for me. I have one installation always set to TC3 and the other for EAland. I hung at 35% too, even when I knew others were getting back into the game.

G

adding to/agreeing with dixieM and a few others,
it IS their job. This game is not something they are doing as a *favor* to the players.
Fact: Game is getting more unstable and closed more often than it ever was before.
We HAVE been giving *them* TIME.
game is still getting worse with lag and outages.
The people in charge of the game seem to feel it's OK to leave it when broken.
It is clear to all but the ostriches that the people now working on it are making it WORSE, not *better*.
Solution?
Call in the management and hire MORE or DIFFERENT people who will work overtime and/or fix the problems (on one of the many attempts) so the product doesn't always break!
So defenders, please consider what you would do if the doctor you were going to was breaking you over and over again instead of fixing you. Huh? what would you do then? Stay with him/her and say *oh, i see you have really been trying hard. Maybe you need more rest? Maybe you need more time? Keep trying to fix me doc, and then say, I am kinda tired of all this coma time Doc, but I'm sure you know whats best for me. So go home, get some rest, take a shower, hey have a nice rum drink and when you feel like it, tell me some silly stories about hampsters and come on back and work on me some more. I'm sure you will get it right next time..................
errrrrr, yeah sure you will

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt tell you but i know i was able to play just fine but i play in tc3, i'm honestly tired of bickering about this, i'm not saying you dont have a right to complain cause as paying members you do have a right to complain, but you do not have the right to bash the devs, they are busting tail to fix these problems for you. you dont have the right to treat any human being like garbage regardless if someone else does it to you or not.

M

mysticlisa516

Yes, and I'm sure that they were very well paid for that overtime.

You know, I wish I could ignore my customers they way they do, my life would be awesome at work.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You really think so?

I'm committed to my job, and many times you think you got it fixed, just to come back next day and see that something else has come about... and they DID put up more time than just their regular work hours... did you think of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Also it looks to me that they found that most people hanging up were trying to switch cities.

At times I feel for the devs, this is one of those times. They did a normal update and when the servers came back up, there were big issues. They got to a point where players could get back in long after their normal shift was over and decided to get some rest and come back with fresh eyes and a fresh mind.

I would like to have some update myself, but to just come back every hour or so and say "we're still working on it" inevitably ends up getting more posts complaining. I'm just glad they didn't come back with a total "bug fix test" lie only to admit later they screwed up.

K

krissy2359

There's an update! I don't know how to send the link, so I'll copy &amp; paste what Greg posted in the server outage category at 12:17pm est

Update: This appears to be related to the database patch. We are shutting down everything that touches the database (blog, website, ea-land, tc3, city selector).

Thanks
gk

G

Tagging to Last:

EA Greg has posted an Update for us in the Server Outage forum. Please feel free to discuss the Update in this thread. Discussion posts to Server Outages will be removed:
<font color=red>

Update: This appears to be related to the database patch. We are shutting down everything that touches the database (blog, website, ea-land, tc3, city selector).

Thanks
gk
</font color=red>

Aster
EAL TSO Stratics Managing Editor

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea obviously we're still in grade school. People will always have problems, people will always have complaints. That's reality! This time they are very much warranted. Make room and let these complaints be heard because I am sure these are pushing the devs to work as efficiently as possible. I am not putting them down, I am simply stating that they technically are working for the customer and will have to face complaints. If the core customer was as passive and forgiving as you, I wouldn't be opposed to a few hours for lunch.

And to whomever felt like I was calling someone names... teacher's pet? Are we serious?!... if that offended you, there is a lot more in the real world that will have you spinning in circles.

G

<blockquote><hr>

adding to/agreeing with dixieM and a few others,
it IS their job. This game is not something they are doing as a *favor* to the players.
Fact: Game is getting more unstable and closed more often than it ever was before.
We HAVE been giving *them* TIME.
game is still getting worse with lag and outages.
The people in charge of the game seem to feel it's OK to leave it when broken.
It is clear to all but the ostriches that the people now working on it are making it WORSE, not *better*.
Solution?
Call in the management and hire MORE or DIFFERENT people who will work overtime and/or fix the problems (on one of the many attempts) so the product doesn't always break!
So defenders, please consider what you would do if the doctor you were going to was breaking you over and over again instead of fixing you. Huh? what would you do then? Stay with him/her and say *oh, i see you have really been trying hard. Maybe you need more rest? Maybe you need more time? Keep trying to fix me doc, and then say, I am kinda tired of all this coma time Doc, but I'm sure you know whats best for me. So go home, get some rest, take a shower, hey have a nice rum drink and when you feel like it, tell me some silly stories about hampsters and come on back and work on me some more. I'm sure you will get it right next time..................
errrrrr, yeah sure you will

[/ QUOTE ]

i for 1 would rather have a well rested Doc,thats in a good mood and sure of himself cutting on me rather then a worn out surgeon who has been up for 2-3days his eyes so blurry he can hardly see
just working with your anology here

I

imported_princess45001

i agree 100% and with the money everyone is paying not to play im sure they could afford to hire some help and maybe keep 3 shifts til this is fixed i mean why do the paying customers have to do all the compromising here?once all fixed go back to getting rich before you lose all players.when i started paying for this game i was not told btw in few months you wont be able to play for a year

G

Its nice for them to take the time to update us when they're so busy. Guess the databse problems continue

M

mysticlisa516

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt tell you but i know i was able to play just fine but i play in tc3, i'm honestly tired of bickering about this, i'm not saying you dont have a right to complain cause as paying members you do have a right to complain, but you do not have the right to bash the devs, they are busting tail to fix these problems for you. you dont have the right to treat any human being like garbage regardless if someone else does it to you or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure they are fixing it? Have you seen a post from them since last night? I'm sure glad you have that crystal ball. Please, tell me when the game will be back up, oh wise one.

Edited: just saw post from devs. But still wondering about that crystal ball of yours.

P

philw1

"HAHAHAHA this is the devs way of keeping us occupied fighting with each other = P"

yup You notice how well they have been keeping us informed. No matter what the problem is, there is no excuse for not keeping paying customers updated.

G

<blockquote><hr>

"HAHAHAHA this is the devs way of keeping us occupied fighting with each other = P"

yup You notice how well they have been keeping us informed. No matter what the problem is, there is no excuse for not keeping paying customers updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, maybe they had a power outage.

C

CarlosN

I agree with you, it's their job to make this game work. If anything instead of just bringing the game up for a few hours and then taking it down again they should just take it down until they are sure of the problems and bugs and everything else...

I have played a lot of online games, World of warcraft, Second Life, and THERE. They have never had any problems like how EA-Land is having...Sure their might be a little lag now and then but that's about it!

I know the Devs are only humans but if they can't handle the job then why do it? (no disrespect just a little mad and tired of this)

G

They did keep everyone updates. The EA Land blog had an entry this morning apologizing for technical issues, and now they've given us information here. does everyone here actually think they could assign an employee to post with us 24/7 about technical issues? I thought you all wanted the game to be fixed?

SL and There are not in BETA, neither is WOW

I

imported_princess45001

i resent that i piss moan all i want actually nikki said vent here and attached the link to here but i never ask for free stuff and dont take it when offered i dont care for free services just want the ones i pay for thanks you

S

SugarCane

Hope they fix it. I won't be able to play till tomorrow (hopefully
) - I had a few hours here and they are gone now. Later guys.

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

You know, I wish I could ignore my customers they way they do, my life would be awesome at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

they just updated you as soon as they determined the issue how is that ignoring you? cut the devs a bit of slack, complain all you want but dont bash other people that are working towards fixing a GAME for you to entertain yourself with, regardless if it's their job or not as human beings they deserve respect

S

Shadowbay

LOL I agree with you, couldnt have said it better myself, oh .. and E ... this is the diva

D

DixieM

that would be ok if only one person was working on it but in all reality there are more than one and atleast one of them could take a couple of minutes to inform customers about progress

G

I think most of us with any grasp on reality realize who most of the people are complaining, and why they are complaining.

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

that would be ok if only one person was working on it but in all reality there are more than one and atleast one of them could take a couple of minutes to inform customers about progress

[/ QUOTE ]

you can only report progress if you gain progress, what would be the point of saying sorry dont know whats wrong still looking into it, the dev could be using that time of write that useless update to find the problem

D

DixieM

<blockquote><hr>

I think most of us with any grasp on reality realize who most of the people are complaining, and why they are complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
And i think others are the type that like to kiss up and we can see who those are

G

LOL.. kick the server so love it but so know that feeling as well.. thats why I moved my server to Linux... though do miss the easy windows access..

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

they just updated you as soon as they determined the issue how is that ignoring you? cut the devs a bit of slack, complain all you want but dont bash other people that are working towards fixing a GAME for you to entertain yourself with, regardless if it's their job or not as human beings they deserve respect

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay I think you have a very misconstrued idea of what "BASHING" really means. It calls for a lot more than what this player has said. Let's not over exaggerate to get your point across if there is nothing wrong in the complaint to work off of.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Tagging to Last:

EA Greg has posted an Update for us in the Server Outage forum. Please feel free to discuss the Update in this thread. Discussion posts to Server Outages will be removed:
<font color=red>

Thanks
gk
</font color=red>

Aster
EAL TSO Stratics Managing Editor

[/ QUOTE ]

P

philw1

Guilty , I lost touch with reality in Aug 02 when I started playing TSO

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
And i think others are the type that like to kiss up and we can see who those are

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, petty insults. To be a child again

There is a difference between kissing up, and common sense and respect kiddo

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

you can only report progress if you gain progress, what would be the point of saying sorry dont know whats wrong still looking into it, the dev could be using that time of write that useless update to find the problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you get many many replies telling us how useless that post was just to tell us they are looking into it. Then you get the people bashing them, and the bashers bashing the bashers and so on and so forth and nothing gets solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.