• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC3 and EA Land Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

poppet

70 cents from on player isn't much, but what about 70 cents from thousands and thousands of players? We're talking brand new car or european vacation, pool installed in back yard. My point is, 70 cents adds up

A

Anarela

While I do agree with you... I think that when some of us brings the paying thing up, we're not meaning the money... per se... but the ability to play... but yes, we're on a beta game and that means that these things will happen. It doesn't matter if we scream and shout... they will happen... we need to learn to breathe and wait...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I don't know how some people stay so calm but I really can't. Last night Parizad told us to go to sleep cause it wouldn't be fixed soon so I did. Now when I woke up this morning I was expecting to play but now they have another problem. This is starting to really piss me off. All I want to do is play the game that I am paying for. I really don't think that is too much to ask for. Now EA-Land is gonna be down all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game actually was back online last night about 1am EST. As for today, I have yet to hear the game is gonna be down all day. Can you show me where you read that?

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

*TTL*

Not only are free players deciding that they don't want to invest in this game, I am hearing many paying players are almost at the end of their rope and are deciding to leave. Then where will the game be? Gone. The devs need to get better at fixing problems and implementing new aspects to the game before they lose the players that they are trying to keep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen people moaning and griping and saying they're ready to cancel their subscriptions for months. Thing is, those people are still here moaning and griping, so I really don't see them going anywhere. And I don't think anyone should be making statements that the devs should be better at fixing problems unless they've tried doing what the devs have to do themselves.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

The game actually was back online last night about 1am EST. As for today, I have yet to hear the game is gonna be down all day. Can you show me where you read that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm I know the game back online but I was already asleep when it did. And I didn't read it anywhere if you play for awhile you just kinda know these things

G

come on guys, no use attacking each other it won't fix our common problem of the game. We are not here to make enemies we all love the game so lets talk about other stuff than not being able to play the game its just going to keep us frustrated and mad.

A

alohaskills

I have to agree with you mysticlisa516. I believe there would be a lot more understanding and patience with people during the BETA period if they were not paying. There are always bugs and fixes to work through with BETA, most of us know this, however I have yet to see any other game charge to play during this period. This is just a reminder for me of why I quit subscribing in the first place. In my humble opinion, they should not have not instituted the paid subscriptions yet until the game moved past the BETA stage.

N

NightFlyer

It may have been back online at some point for some players but I was never able to log in and tried several times all night long up until just prior to maintenance.

It would be nice to at least hear from the Dev team one way or another that they are even aware of the situation this morning.

And yes, I know what time it is in California.

S

so2yosim

Well....I for one have saved money. I was ready to hire a maid, but with the down time I find I really don't need one. My house is now spotless, for me a server outage now and then is a good thing.

*Ducks*

G

go to free account until game is out of beta? Generally you don't have to pay for a beta version game.

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

70 cents from on player isn't much, but what about 70 cents from thousands and thousands of players? We're talking brand new car or european vacation, pool installed in back yard. My point is, 70 cents adds up

[/ QUOTE ]

your right it does add up, but this is still beta and your paying it by choice, it isnt a requirement. the devs are doing the best they can. if you think it's that easy try and script a game on your own so you can put yourself in thier shoes, it's a extremely difficult job to do. its actually easier to write a game brand new then modify and fix and existing game. Give the devs the credit they deserve.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm I know the game back online but I was already asleep when it did. And I didn't read it anywhere if you play for awhile you just kinda know these things

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I see it is, yes we all pay 9.99 a month to play. But, we cant really expect to play 24 hours a day for the whole month. THere is bound to be some down time here and there. I'm sure that when the game is taken out of BETA it will be alot better than it was before. **keeps fingers cossed**

D

dablueguy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When is the last time you paid to play a game in BETA? This is why people are upset, we pay NOT to play. Doesn't sound right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me your address, I'll gladly send you the 70 cents you've lost from the 2 days you havent been able to play this month. geez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that i'll give you the 70 cents or 33 cents responses are getting a little old?(Being as you really wouldnt if they did give you there adds)

So a few people are ticked and venting, they do have that right. as do you with just skipping there post and going to the next one.

i'm sure the devs are working on fixing the problem as we speak and no doubt we will be back living our 2nd lives soon.lol

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

Ok I don't know how some people stay so calm but I really can't. Last night Parizad told us to go to sleep cause it wouldn't be fixed soon so I did. Now when I woke up this morning I was expecting to play but now they have another problem. This is starting to really piss me off. All I want to do is play the game that I am paying for. I really don't think that is too much to ask for. Now EA-Land is gonna be down all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm able to stay calm because I know it is just a game. The world is not coming to an end, and life will go on. And the game will come back up when the issues are fixed...we hope.

S

Suzi Q

Lose the FREE accounts! If the servers can't cope with the amount of players FREE accounts should go. It is NOT fair on paying subscribers, even if it does amount to a few penny's (or cents) a month, that is not the point!! Besides which, us UK members pay more than our US friends to play this game! I really don't want to leave the game, I love it, when you can play it and to be honest, even a refund of one month's subscription will NOT compensate, I want to be able to play. EA are in breech of UK terms, they are charging for a service that we do not have access to! I'm sure the US have similar policies. If I purchased a game using my credit card and I did not work as it should, I'd be entitled to a full refund. As I said before, I don't really want refunding I want to be able to PLAY. Please get it sorted and stop all this messing around. Lose the Free accounts until your server can handle the volume of traffic!

M

mysticlisa516

And how about the other times we've been down? Yes, its only a few cents per day, but they do add up for ever day, or hours that we are down. They fix one problem and create 10 to make it worse. All I'm saying, is fix it already.

I have 3 accounts that I pay for. That equals $1.00 a day. To me, that dollar is a lot. But I pay because I love this game, when I can play that is.

And you never did answer my original question: When have you ever paid to play a game in BETA? This is totally original to EA.

A

alohaskills

I see some people were able to get in last night after all, but each time I tried to log in, my log in screen would simply dissapear. Is this a new problem, or is this included in their 'fix' for today?

D

dablueguy

<blockquote><hr>

Is this a new retention strategy i'm unaware of? .... Person makes account to try out the game .... person plays game for 2 hours .... game goes crazy for half a day ..... game maintenance shuts game down ..... so much for my first 24 hours of play. Bravo

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems you liked what you saw because you created a name in the forum to post about your frustration:)

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When is the last time you paid to play a game in BETA? This is why people are upset, we pay NOT to play. Doesn't sound right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me your address, I'll gladly send you the 70 cents you've lost from the 2 days you havent been able to play this month. geez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that i'll give you the 70 cents or 33 cents responses are getting a little old?(Being as you really wouldnt if they did give you there adds)

So a few people are ticked and venting, they do have that right. as do you with just skipping there post and going to the next one.

i'm sure the devs are working on fixing the problem as we speak and no doubt we will be back living our 2nd lives soon.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it hasnt been said enough if people are still complaining. As for skipping over the post, you could just have easily done just that with my post if you didnt like it. Think before you speak.

Now, back on topic...

Peole who are complaining that you shouldnt have to pay for beta, you dont have to. You have the choice to keep your "avatar" as a free player. Some of us just choose to pay.

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

go to free account until game is out of beta? Generally you don't have to pay for a beta version game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, you're right. But we do pay to play the beta version of EAL. If you don't like it, then don't pay. It's pretty simple. Nobody is forcing you to pay. It is your choice.

D

DixieM

I think all the paying players should become free players until they get this fixed!!!!! I beta tested tso and there was never a charge to plaand have also beta tested 5 other pay to play games there was never a charge to play game in beta stages. EA is a big company with lots of resources at their use. I am seriously thinking of canceling all my accounts and going free until something is fixed. I work hard in rl and expect to have a service I pay to use for relaxation and entertainment to work. So far everyday I have off work game is down then only have it come back online 20 minutes before i go to work in rl. I feel likeI'm just giving ea land charitable donation every month for all my accounts. I'm sure there are better places that could use the money.

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

Lose the FREE accounts! If the servers can't cope with the amount of players FREE accounts should go. It is NOT fair on paying subscribers, even if it does amount to a few penny's (or cents) a month, that is not the point!! Besides which, us UK members pay more than our US friends to play this game! I really don't want to leave the game, I love it, when you can play it and to be honest, even a refund of one month's subscription will NOT compensate, I want to be able to play. EA are in breech of UK terms, they are charging for a service that we do not have access to! I'm sure the US have similar policies. If I purchased a game using my credit card and I did not work as it should, I'd be entitled to a full refund. As I said before, I don't really want refunding I want to be able to PLAY. Please get it sorted and stop all this messing around. Lose the Free accounts until your server can handle the volume of traffic!

[/ QUOTE ]

us free members are whats allowing the devs to stress test the server to make sure it can handle all the subscribers and it's not any of our fault how the currency is different. rather than bickering about the free members try being patient. as i said previously you pay by choice it is NOT a requirement.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And how about the other times we've been down? Yes, its only a few cents per day, but they do add up for ever day, or hours that we are down. They fix one problem and create 10 to make it worse. All I'm saying, is fix it already.

I have 3 accounts that I pay for. That equals $1.00 a day. To me, that dollar is a lot. But I pay because I love this game, when I can play that is.

And you never did answer my original question: When have you ever paid to play a game in BETA? This is totally original to EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever tried coding a game? Have you ever read thru scripts to FIND a problem? The "fix it allready" attitude is the biggest problem here. It really shows your ignorance.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow that was a nice post and I agree with u 100%

G

Everyone keeps calling this a beta. Yes it does say Beta. LOL TC3 was beta. I heard Parizad in EA Town Hall saying she had no idea why they had that there. How is this a beta? Why don't they remove that? If you do not want to pay. Play in TC3.

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When, just the other day, think one of my accounts made contribution... LOL
Those that have kept up with speed on why's... making it simple, and basic reasoning.... deadline to save our game/simmies (old habit, will always be my sims)... our place we've all built or destroyed our friendships/loved ones (virtually, and for some gone to reality)/reputations/homes/virtual businesses.. etc.
Is it normal to pay to beta, no... so guess this is new step to the new frontier!
Do I mind, not at all... These devs stepped up to the plate on a game many said no way, lost cause... and are making history, as someone said in other post here... they're rewriting the whole existing game... think that is also a first for one online. We've all waited while playing how long in the former production cities for the merges.. the excitement EVERYONE had, though with heartfelt of our home cities to be lost to us. Why the excitement.... because it is a whole new beginning... fresh, untouched.... whats that oldie song... "like a virgin... " (lol, sorry... had to put that in, struck me at that very moment.. lol)
Do we get frustrated with the downtimes, oh yeah... do we get overly excited when the status light goes green.. OH YEAH...
Options we have been given here... pay to play as most of us have all along, or if someone feels so strong about paying "beta", go down to freeplay... or there is always the worst case, quit playing altogether... but really would hate to see anyone leave the game over frustrations of the "new".
For all they have given us in a very short time, and all that can be possible with the new code... for all the efforts this small team of dev's and other people who are behind the scenes is giving to us...yeah, I'm willing to continue paying for my beta play here!
Oh.. and must mention.. the rewards in the end.. sweet

K

knotter02

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They are probably all filling up their cars because the gas prices a so high. Yeah thousands of players paying ($0.68 actually) it should take care of filling up most of the staffs cars. LOL oh well its 68 cents I mean yes its annoying but its nothing to get all pissed off about. Hey at least you can play the game sometimes instead of none at all!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow that was a nice post and I agree with u 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if its not all the free accounts, just the damn brazilian ones, lol. Who's idea was it to let another language group into a 99% english game anyway?

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

LMAO ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not directed to anyone in particular......

See what some can do when not in EAL.....

LMAO as i have no Knowledge for the Computer and how it works (except to play EAL)

But somehow i got a hold of the campfire song our Meeps sing when at the fire ... I did what i did ... and now I just cant wait for my next phone call on my cell... Its gonna be great !!!!!!!!!!! Ill get a short but quick fix ...

See we still can be w/ EAL !!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great Job Dev's ......

::::waiting for the phone to ring :::::::::::::

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Profit to be made in MMO's currently is gravitating toward free to play games with the option to pay for premium accounts or extra content. If they removed the free accounts, the enticement to try out the game would die, and Ea Land with it.

The real issue here is that the game is in BETA stage, and the game code itself is having troubles that need downtime to fix. Coding is alot of trial and error guys, I know its hard to understand, but patience is all that's required.

As far as laws go, I guarantee you that EA is not breaking any. The company is too big and invested to risk lawsuits over piddly things like this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Profit to be made in MMO's currently is gravitating toward free to play games with the option to pay for premium accounts or extra content. If they removed the free accounts, the enticement to try out the game would die, and Ea Land with it.

The real issue here is that the game is in BETA stage, and the game code itself is having troubles that need downtime to fix. Coding is alot of trial and error guys, I know its hard to understand, but patience is all that's required.

As far as laws go, I guarantee you that EA is not breaking any. The company is too big and invested to risk lawsuits over piddly things like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

A

alohaskills

Dixie, I was thinking the same thing. Or actually wondering it...why the paying subscribers don't just cancel their subscription and play for free until the BETA period is over? Would probably end a LOT of frustrations. Would love to see more players over in TC3 anyway

G

<blockquote><hr>

Even if its not all the free accounts, just the damn brazilian ones, lol. Who's idea was it to let another language group into a 99% english game anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice to see racism is alive and well

G

why give them credit, thats what their getting paid the big money for.... were the ones (the subscribers) should be the ones credited... i know when my monthly subscription is due, and that i pay to play.... i wish ive kept track of all the downtime and my acct was credited for it....

P

Peppie

<blockquote><hr>

Dixie, I was thinking the same thing. Or actually wondering it...why the paying subscribers don't just cancel their subscription and play for free until the BETA period is over? Would probably end a LOT of frustrations. Would love to see more players over in TC3 anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

why is your house shown as open? the server are down?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

nice to see racism is alive and well

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with racism. Its just hard to understand the new players. And trying to usually leads to misunderstandings. Dont accuse me of racism.

A

Anarela

Oh my !!!! this is such a post... I really think some moderator should step in...

Racism in EA ??? can't believe it !!!!!

Please think it over Artemis, I guess you just posted it without re-reading

G

<blockquote><hr>

why give them credit, thats what their getting paid the big money for.... were the ones (the subscribers) should be the ones credited... i know when my monthly subscription is due, and that i pay to play.... i wish ive kept track of all the downtime and my acct was credited for it....

[/ QUOTE ]

Go and read the terms of service for the game. i'm sure somewhere in all the mumbo jumbo, it says the game is offered on as "as is" basis, or they are not responsible for downtime or some such thing.

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

once again you pay by CHOICE, it is not a requirement. you should know that while a game is being worked on there are problems and alot of downtime. dont gripe when it is your choice to pay the monthly fee just to play in ea land rather than tc3

G

the wide-ranging discrimination on this forum against free players is far more rampant than racism.

There is a free translation website online guys, just open it in the background and type what they said to you into it, then traslate to English. Crude, but they should understand you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh my !!!! this is such a post... I really think some moderator should step in...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that did come out the wrong way... It wasnt meant to sound racist at all., lol. I just have alot of brazilian visitors to my lot every day and I for one cannot understand anything they say and they cannot understand me either.

A

alohaskills

[quotewhy is your house shown as open? the server are down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I saw that last night and thought my roomies must have been able to get in...but it's still like that today, so must be a glitch in my siggy? I'll have to check into that.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that did come out the wrong way... It wasnt meant to sound racist at all., lol. I just have alot of brazilian visitors to my lot every day and I for one cannot understand anything they say and they cannot understand me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

G

<blockquote><hr>

the wide-ranging discrimination on this forum against free players is far more rampant than racism.

There is a free translation website online guys, just open it in the background and type what they said to you into it, then traslate to English. Crude, but they should understand you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was doing but now, in order to play some of my sims (with out getting the "you have exceded your avatar limit" error), I have to open the game in full screen. Makes jumping to another page almost impossible.

M

mysticlisa516

Ok, so if I take your advice and go to free playing status and so does everyone else that is aggravated with this situation: How many paying players will be left? Will it be profitable enough to keep the game alive?

So, telling us to move to free accounts or quit is just hurting your cause. Because if enough of us get fed up with paying NOT to play and move to free accounts or just quitting all together, you won't be around for long.

Be grateful that I would rather complain a little and keep my accounts alive.

D

DixieM

With the game the way it is right now were are paying them for nothing. What benefits are we getting to use this free forum to complain?

G

Until the game is out of BETA stage EA will continue to support it regardless of paying customers. They wouldn't bother investing in it if they weren't going to give it a solid try. However, I'm sure they know that at this point most people will not switch to free if they play in EA Land, for fear of losing out on their properties etc...

D

dablueguy

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the Salem Witch Trials with your never ending quest to rid ea land from Free Players?(that players a witch burn them).

if one of your real life friends has no money do you treat them the same?

i'm glad i welcome everybody free or not into my home because a lot of them have become friends and i could care less if they use objects in my home.

btw getting rid of the free players solves nothing being as the game is in beta and is bound to have problems. so if you got rid of them it would solve nothing. i'm glad i dont share your ignorance.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

Be grateful that I would rather complain a little and keep my accounts alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.