• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC3 and EA Land Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, so if I take your advice and go to free playing status and so does everyone else that is aggravated with this situation: How many paying players will be left? Will it be profitable enough to keep the game alive?

So, telling us to move to free accounts or quit is just hurting your cause. Because if enough of us get fed up with paying NOT to play and move to free accounts or just quitting all together, you won't be around for long.

Be grateful that I would rather complain a little and keep my accounts alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one said you dont have the right to complain. I'm frusterated too but, I understand that fixing something in the game coding is time consuming. I'm sure the dev's arent all sitting around playing cards and drinking beer rather than working on the issue. They want the game back up just as much as we do. Think about it, thier jobs depend on it

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Oh my !!!! this is such a post... I really think some moderator should step in...

Racism in EA ??? can't believe it !!!!!

Please think it over Artemis, I guess you just posted it without re-reading

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that did come out the wrong way... It wasnt meant to sound racist at all., lol. I just have alot of brazilian visitors to my lot every day and I for one cannot understand anything they say and they cannot understand me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

that thing dont work, it just gives ?????? when you push translate, i just tried it cause i'm getting bored of all this bickering when 98% of everyone doesnt know what the devs are going through trying to fix this game for everyone. simple example try scripting a webpage by hand no cheat progs and times that by ummm 1000 and thats what game scripting is like

D

dablueguy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When is the last time you paid to play a game in BETA? This is why people are upset, we pay NOT to play. Doesn't sound right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me your address, I'll gladly send you the 70 cents you've lost from the 2 days you havent been able to play this month. geez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that i'll give you the 70 cents or 33 cents responses are getting a little old?(Being as you really wouldnt if they did give you there adds)

So a few people are ticked and venting, they do have that right. as do you with just skipping there post and going to the next one.

i'm sure the devs are working on fixing the problem as we speak and no doubt we will be back living our 2nd lives soon.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it hasnt been said enough if people are still complaining. As for skipping over the post, you could just have easily done just that with my post if you didnt like it. Think before you speak.

Now, back on topic...

Peole who are complaining that you shouldnt have to pay for beta, you dont have to. You have the choice to keep your "avatar" as a free player. Some of us just choose to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would i skip over your post? your attention seeking so i gave you attention.you still did not answer my question though when you going to pay the 10,000 or so the 70 cents you promised them donald trump?

G

I've been paying for the better part of 5 years. Now that the game is in beta, I would expect a discount. No one is forcing me, but the game is advertised as pay and play. We aren't playing.

M

mysticlisa516

You are the one that told me that I should go to free account status. I am explaining what may happen if I and others to what you suggest.

And yes, I know coding is not my thing. That's why I didn't study it in college. So those that did study it should know what the heck they are doing and do it in a time limit that is acceptable, not 12 hrs or more.

A

Anarela

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should we be grateful?

I know I won't stop paying, but I also know that you should... if that stopped you from complaining and made you feel better.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, so if I take your advice and go to free playing status and so does everyone else that is aggravated with this situation: How many paying players will be left? Will it be profitable enough to keep the game alive?

So, telling us to move to free accounts or quit is just hurting your cause. Because if enough of us get fed up with paying NOT to play and move to free accounts or just quitting all together, you won't be around for long.

[/ QUOTE ]

Paying members leaving in droves didn't kill this game before. When I finally left, I felt this game was taking it's last gasps and wouldn't be around much longer. The cities were ghost towns, even the ones that had been extremely busy in the old days. Personally, I think it's up to the individual player whether they want to go to a free account. Right now I see nothing to entice me to pay my $10 a month. If others feel that, with all the issues lately, they are getting value for that then they are perfectly welcome to pay. Goodness knows I put up with so much problems back in my time and kept right on paying for my accounts.

I image that if paying members left and the game died, us free players would find something else to do.

D

DixieM

<blockquote><hr>

I've been paying for the better part of 5 years. Now that the game is in beta, I would expect a discount. No one is forcing me, but the game is advertised as pay and play. We aren't playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because right now they are getting free money from us lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

I guess that did come out the wrong way... It wasnt meant to sound racist at all., lol. I just have alot of brazilian visitors to my lot every day and I for one cannot understand anything they say and they cannot understand me either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is off topic but we are getting Brazilians and other language players too. How can you say this is bad? Yes there is a problem with communication, but don't we want people to join this game so it will grow?

What we really need is Welcome Houses specializing in the different languages. These are free players that need to be told to try the game in TC3 where they can do more. In the mean time, they need to green and a welcome house should be allowed free food for feeding these people. Eventually, if treated respectfully, these free players may become paying players.

B

brendagfrie

<blockquote><hr>

us free members are whats allowing the devs to stress test the server to make sure it can handle all the subscribers and it's not any of our fault how the currency is different. rather than bickering about the free members try being patient. as i said previously you pay by choice it is NOT a requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite tired of hearing that we are paying by choice and should just switch to being free players. I have been playing this game over 5 years now and paying the whole time. So according to you I need to take my account and change it to a free account and limit my play abilities and locks etc...just because they decided to revamp the whole game? I believe its the other way around...you are a free player by choice ...there weren't free players before ealand...only free trial accts that had experation dates.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

When is the last time you paid to play a game in BETA? This is why people are upset, we pay NOT to play. Doesn't sound right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me your address, I'll gladly send you the 70 cents you've lost from the 2 days you havent been able to play this month. geez.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that i'll give you the 70 cents or 33 cents responses are getting a little old?(Being as you really wouldnt if they did give you there adds)

So a few people are ticked and venting, they do have that right. as do you with just skipping there post and going to the next one.

i'm sure the devs are working on fixing the problem as we speak and no doubt we will be back living our 2nd lives soon.lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it hasnt been said enough if people are still complaining. As for skipping over the post, you could just have easily done just that with my post if you didnt like it. Think before you speak.

Now, back on topic...

Peole who are complaining that you shouldnt have to pay for beta, you dont have to. You have the choice to keep your "avatar" as a free player. Some of us just choose to pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would i skip over your post? your attention seeking so i gave you attention.you still did not answer my question though when you going to pay the 10,000 or so the 70 cents you promised them donald trump?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm an attention seeker for voicing my opinion on a forum? You make me laugh.

I'm not going to even comment on the donald trump comment because you allready made yourself look dumb.

K

Kazukio Magnus

since your so worried about it why not start forking a bit over yourself dablueguy , move on to something else. play internet chess, go crossdressing... or maybe get outta the basement and get a tan hmmm nah couldnt do that lmao

G

if all of us who have been paying for 5 years so or, all switch to a free account, humm.. how long do you think the game would continue? A month?

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

us free members are whats allowing the devs to stress test the server to make sure it can handle all the subscribers and it's not any of our fault how the currency is different. rather than bickering about the free members try being patient. as i said previously you pay by choice it is NOT a requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite tired of hearing that we are paying by choice and should just switch to being free players. I have been playing this game over 5 years now and paying the whole time. So according to you I need to take my account and change it to a free account and limit my play abilities and locks etc...just because they decided to revamp the whole game? I believe its the other way around...you are a free player by choice ...there weren't free players before ealand...only free trial accts that had experation dates.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said you should play as a free i said you choose to play as a subscriber and you know they are revamping the game and should expect down time and problems, besides the fact that that comment was directed towards the just get rid of all the free players comment, so dont come picking bones at me cause your in a pissy mood. go help the devs fix the damn game if you think it's easy and got skiddlez

G

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone needs to remember that the game is in BETA still. Give the Dev's time to work out all the issues. Things dont just happen overnight. Its not like they are starting a new game from scratch. They are basically re-writing an existing game so, there is bound to be some down time. I think the dev's deserve a bit of patience from all of us and a little more gratitude for all that they are doing. Remember, they also have a deadline to meet.

[/ QUOTE ]
<blockquote><hr>

Switch to a free account until the game is out of beta.

[/ QUOTE ]
For the umpti-thousandth time....
Despite what it may say on the selection screen, the game is NOT beta.
This is the real deal. The goal. The Final Fantasy.
In beta, there is a launch date and a reset (wipe). The devs have stated many times that there will be no wipe - and the launch date was back in '02.
There was never any pretense of beta before or after EA Land was opened.

D

dablueguy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, back on topic...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to even comment on the donald trump comment because you allready made yourself look dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do i look dumb when you said you would pay everyone the 70 cents? oh just trying to look big i see. not only do you insult other countries you also lie about your payment to everyone. kinda proves your just a loud mouth:)

G

<blockquote><hr>

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................. how's the weather?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowy at times stormy. Gets a mild spurt every so often. How is the weather where you are lol?

Better talk weather than fight like babies.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, back on topic...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how do i look dumb when you said you would pay everyone the 70 cents? oh just trying to look big i see. not only do you insult other countries you also lie about your payment to everyone. kinda proves your just a loud mouth:)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt insult another country, and I didnt say I'd pay EVERYONE. Get your facts straight and then post. Its posts like this that turn a normal discussion int a grudge match. I WILL NOT reply to any more of your insulting posts so say what you will.

D

dablueguy

<blockquote><hr>

since your so worried about it why not start forking a bit over yourself dablueguy , move on to something else. play internet chess, go crossdressing... or maybe get outta the basement and get a tan hmmm nah couldnt do that lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not worried about it a bit because i never offerd to pay nothing to the players:)

this must be your second acount to defend yourself:)

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................. how's the weather?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snowy at times stormy. Gets a mild spurt every so often. How is the weather where you are lol?

Better talk weather than fight like babies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunny, windy, and about 75 degrees. Humidity isn't too bad, so that's a plus.

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not worried about it a bit because i never offerd to pay nothing to the players:)

[/ QUOTE ]

actually this is my only account i'm in no way associated with him, my point is quick picking bones with people, he was making a point that it's not the devs fault for the problems and people should stop bickering about cents and try supporting the devs instead

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

::::waiting for the phone to ring :::::::::::::

OMG what a beautiful ring tone ...... and WOW what a rush !!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO you all should try it that need a fix, its a temp fix but it works.. Keep calling your phone once you have the ringer set up ... then you will be good to go...

Cant say thank you enough Dev's, i know your doing the best you can .....

D

DixieM

Isn't fixing this the job they get paid to do? Is there a job that when somethings messed up and ur customers are complaining that u can just quit and go home? IF so tell me I dure would like to have it. I'm in customer service job in rl and believe me its no different in rl except on here the dev's have the pc to hide behind. Not so easy in rl so why should it be for them here. Yes its a game to us but its their job they get paid real money for it

D

dablueguy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually this is my only account i'm in no way associated with him, my point is quick picking bones with people, he was making a point that it's not the devs fault for the problems and people should stop bickering about cents and try supporting the devs instead

[/ QUOTE ]

i do support the devs. and i'm not picking bones with anyone just responding to the wash, rinse, repeat type of posts that offer to pay a angry player. or the the free player is a witch burn them ones that pop up everytime the server is down.

btw i love all you guys:) can't we just all get along?

G

They cant just snap thier fingers, hit F1 abd have the problem fixed tho. it takes time. They arent HIDING behind thier computers.

D

DixieM

<blockquote><hr>

They cant just snap thier fingers, hit F1 abd have the problem fixed tho. it takes time. They arent HIDING behind thier computers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then wheres the updates for us. I'm sure there is more than one person working on this. (atleast hope so) They could take 2 minutes for an update.

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

Isn't fixing this the job they get paid to do? Is there a job that when somethings messed up and ur customers are complaining that u can just quit and go home? IF so tell me I dure would like to have it. I'm in customer service job in rl and believe me its no different in rl except on here the dev's have the pc to hide behind. Not so easy in rl so why should it be for them here. Yes its a game to us but its their job they get paid real money for it

[/ QUOTE ]

just because it's their job doesnt mean you can bash on them, what if you were busting your behind to solve someones problem at your job and they started bashing you.. you think they have the right to do that? oh but thats different cause it's you and not the devs right? get over yourself they are working on it so hard they dont even have time to come defend themself from ignorent people like you (yeah i know my grammar sucks but atleast i'm not full of myself and think my crap dont stick cause i cant smell it up on my high horse)

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

<blockquote><hr>

Yes its a game to us but its their job they get paid real money for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Not sure why some seem to come off like the devs are doing this for some kind of 'extra time charity thing.' (for lack of a better word) It's their job. People have the right to complain if they feel the service isn't up to par, which it clearly isn't. I don't care whos working on what for how long.. should it have broke in the first place? eh, I just like poking the fire.

Did I mention theres a woot-off today?

G

Those of you who have no knowledge of coding, trial and error design or the time it takes to fix issues such as this should quit this discussion. You're making us all look like we're a bunch of bumbling fools. This thread has gotten way out of hand, and i'm bowing out. no one is listening to reason anyway, save for a select few. Have fun

D

DixieM

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

just because it's their job doesnt mean you can bash on them, what if you were busting your behind to solve someones problem at your job and they started bashing you.. you think they have the right to do that? oh but thats different cause it's you and not the devs right? get over yourself they are working on it so hard they dont even have time to come defend themself from ignorent people like you (yeah i know my grammar sucks but atleast i'm not full of myself and think my crap dont stick cause i cant smell it up on my high horse)

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL as i said I'm in customer service and have had to stand and smile at people calling me names my family names and still have to smile and do as they ask. Thats part of dealing with unhappy customers

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

[quoteLOL as i said I'm in customer service and have had to stand and smile at people calling me names my family names and still have to smile and do as they ask. Thats part of dealing with unhappy customers

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. I've been there as well.

G

Totally agree thats why I posted it, lol

People need to grow up and get a life !!!

Back to the weather it's 85, sunny and clear

I

imported_Armonia

I am really getting upset with all of this. I am a PC Tech and with as long as it has taken so far something must have blown up. I hope they are going to compensate us for the time we have lost.

D

DixieM

<blockquote><hr>

I am really getting upset with all of this. I am a PC Tech and with as long as it has taken so far something must have blown up. I hope they are going to compensate us for the time we have lost.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope so to but as things are going now I highly doubt they will.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL as i said I'm in customer service and have had to stand and smile at people calling me names my family names and still have to smile and do as they ask. Thats part of dealing with unhappy customers

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been in computer tech work for almost 10 years now. I've found that the customers that piss, moan and complain the most are usually the most ignorant and just want something for free. MOST just want the problem fixed and are willing to accept when I tell them that some computer issues take time and that they will be addressed as soon as possible

I wonder if the EAL servers are windows based? If so, the devs should just try kicking them, rebooting and swearing at them alot. Works for my servers 9 out of 10 times

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, like the rest of the day with 247% skill and top wages back at job sites. I just cant wat to get back in and hang with friends.

G

limit the free players to one avater in testcenter 3... let test center 3, be what it is, let the free players deal with the bugs when the devs implement somthing new, give test center 3, the lower payouts, the high property costs, the high buy mode, and builde mode costs... leaving ea-land as an option to the subscribers, thus giving those of us who pay more priveledges and less restrictions... other than the fact we can create more than 2 avaters....maybe if the amt of traffic in ealand was limited to subscribers only, the servers wouldnt be down so often....

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats real classy you know what it feels like so your gonna do it to other because some jerks do it to you, i pity your mentality. you should understand that they are trying their best and support them rather than join a group of misfits and bash them and as for the 1/2 done thing when the clock is up you go home dont you? sorry but i dunno many employees that pull 24 hour shifts just because there is a problem that needs fixing, had the devs wanted to they could of said hey we've been on it for 12 hours time to sleep and come back tomorrow and try again. but they dont.

G

<blockquote><hr>

limit the free players to one avater in testcenter 3... let test center 3, be what it is, let the free players deal with the bugs when the devs implement somthing new, give test center 3, the lower payouts, the high property costs, the high buy mode, and builde mode costs... leaving ea-land as an option to the subscribers, thus giving those of us who pay more priveledges and less restrictions... other than the fact we can create more than 2 avaters....maybe if the amt of traffic in ealand was limited to subscribers only, the servers wouldnt be down so often....

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with that is, if they are given ALL the game play aspects for free in TC3, why leave to pay in EAL?

D

DixieM

I am not a free player I pay to play! All I want to do is play what I'm paying for. I agree alotta complaints are from people trying to get something for nothing but what are we getting for nothing here?

I

imported_Armonia

Amen. For us Techs it is always try a cold boot first...lol. Unplug everything..wait 10 to 20 seconds and try again...lol.

R

rockyswifey

I just woke up, to ea land down again after last night.. Geeee.. Wonder when it will be back up this time.

D

DixieM

hahaha this getting funny though attacking other players over not being able to play because dev's jobs not done.

I

imported_princess45001

its really not the money but i do have to say since months b4 the merge there has been many many days we havent been able to play not like this is first time its been down.second we do come here to complain and read others complaints,if ya dont like it ignore it but apparently since you come here and read all complaints you do:p the point is whether is 10 a month or 100 if you cant play more than can does come down to whether it makes since to pay.i mean at least can knock off the money for hours we cant play and id have few free months coming:)now as far as talking about leaving but still being here we were told to please wait and give a chance and i have been patiently more than most since i know numerous ppl whom have quit game completely.yes this is beta but wasnt when i subscribed.now maybe if i lived across world and could play at 1 am instead of sleep may not be problem but since i choose to play during day its always offline.i cant get free account or would lose all my things i have worked hard for over past year

S

SugarCane

While I think I am being pretty patient - an update on what is actually going on would be nice right around now....

A

Anarela

<blockquote><hr>

I wonder if the EAL servers are windows based? If so, the devs should just try kicking them, rebooting and swearing at them alot. Works for my servers 9 out of 10 times

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL yeah... that's the windows mode alright

M

mysticlisa516

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats real classy you know what it feels like so your gonna do it to other because some jerks do it to you, i pity your mentality. you should understand that they are trying their best and support them rather than join a group of misfits and bash them and as for the 1/2 done thing when the clock is up you go home dont you? sorry but i dunno many employees that pull 24 hour shifts just because there is a problem that needs fixing, had the devs wanted to they could of said hey we've been on it for 12 hours time to sleep and come back tomorrow and try again. but they dont.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that's what they did. They went home with the majority of players still hanging at 35%. And as for the "1/2 done thing when the clock is up you go home", guess you never really had a job that you were committed to. I commit myself to a job and make sure everything that is necessary is done BEFORE I go home. Not the next day because I just feel like I've already put in a long day, to hell with the customers that are paying my salary.

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

I am not a free player I pay to play! All I want to do is play what I'm paying for. I agree alotta complaints are from people trying to get something for nothing but what are we getting for nothing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

and bashing devs is gonna give them that motivation to work that much harder for you

Status
Not open for further replies.