• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC3 and EA Land Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

<blockquote><hr>

oh yeah Wipe all our sims and start over. That would make everyone happy....NOT

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOOOO don't put that idea into the heads of the Dev's - what are you doing dude....lol

G

The updates regarding the servers being down are being posted in Server Outages forum. As Aster said, that is *not* a discussion forum, so discussion will contintue in this thread.....unless it continues to be personal flames and RoC violations, in which case it will be closed.

<font color="red">Moderator Warning!</font>

This is a stressful time for everyone, please consider that when responding to each other, and abide by the <font color="blue">Stratics Rules of Conduct</font>.

The 4 golden rules of Stratics:

A. Show respect at all times.

B. Help build the Community.

The success of our forums depends upon the quality posts of our participants. We are proud of the success of our forums and give our thanks to those who have chosen to make our forums their out-of-game home. To ensure continued success we are posting these guidelines so that all participants of the Stratics forums understand what is considered unacceptable behavior in the forums and can result in a temporary suspension or a permanent ban.

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

If you simply must thrash it out with someone, please take it to PM (RoC still applies) or Yahoo/Aim.

Thank you.

~*Gilly*~
EAL/TSO Stratics Forum Moderator

I

imported_princess45001

and claudia the afk statement was a joke i believe geez.so why are the complainers wrong for complaining about services they are paying for and not getting but the ones complaining about ppl complaining are right?i mean think of the logic here rofl.seriously most are not bashing devs just stating our irritation with the problems there were no arguments before the ppl came in to fight with the ppl for complaining.whos the real kindergarteners?

S

so2yosim

Don't want to swim through all the posts...LOL

Just making sure everyone knows about Greg's last post.

Re: EA-Land and Test Center 3 offline due to technical difficulties [Re: GregK]
#726091 - 03/27/08 12:59 PM Edit Reply Quote

The DBA team is involved and troubleshooting.

ETA: Unknown.

thanks
gk

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's a database error. There is nothing to test in TC3 before pushing it to EAL. Get a grip people.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...... if its a database error then there would not be a problem, databases can easilly be restored to the last save point.
Added to that, we were told it was a "conectivity issue" previously. I find that a lot easier to swallow than a database error. Having worked with databases extensively, unless critical data has been updated, then a previous database can be used everytime and since we have maintenance about 5 times a day now, then they will have the database on hand to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was Greg's last post that said the DBA team was involved and troubleshooting. I'm willing to bet that if the database team is involved, it probably has something to do with the database.

G

I'm both a paying and non-paying customer (for better hating-on/trolling at me for what I am about to say allow me to elaborate: I have a couple of the oldest TSO Founder sims in the game on two paid accounts and four freebie accounts made very recently and mainly just to test out freebie accounts out plus making them useful as simple house-sitters after my paid old founder sims have eaten from their precious few trees) and...

This game has been unplayable and offline for an ungodly amount of time now and I am becoming increasingly annoyed about it.

Yes, you heard that right: I find it very annoying.

In fact I find it so annoying that I took some of the excess time I should have had relieving stress by playing the game to instead create this stratics account for the first time today JUST so that I could log in here with the specific purpose of announcing just how very annoyed I am.

There you have it.
Flame on.

J

jafo1972

Oh, and BTW, it's all George W Bush's fault.

Hopefully this will all be fixed soon and we can go back to our normal avatar lives.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's a database error. There is nothing to test in TC3 before pushing it to EAL. Get a grip people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a database error from what they tried tp add into the database, TC3 is on a different server. so yes could have tested it before hitting Live. Psst this was fine until they did the patch, eh? Do you even understand what a database is? if you did you wouldnt have made your comment.

[/ QUOTE ]TC3 and EAL run on seperate databases. What would work on one would not fully test if it would work on the other. I have been a database admin so yes, I know what I am talking about. The fact is this, they test as best they can. If it passes, then they push it out to EAL. Problems happen. Are you going to die if you can't play EAL today?

I know this is tough but we are in BETA. Creed, do you know what beta means? Cause if you did, you wouldn't have posted the way you did

P

poppet

This is no way to treat customers. Running an online game is a service provided to customers, if you cannot provide that service you provide recompense, at the very least you provide accurate and current information to the customers on the status of the situation.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

and claudia the afk statement was a joke i believe

Im going AFK for a bit ... Letting the Dev's do what needs to be done....

Great Job Devs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

This is a copy of all the information that has been posted by GregK in the S.O. forum:

Both EA-Land and Test Center 3 are offline due to technical difficulties.

(We will edit this post as we know more and will cross-post to stratics in the server forum).

We apologoize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Greg
====

Update: This appears to be related to the database patch. We are shutting down everything that touches the database (blog, website, ea-land, tc3, city selector).

Thanks
gk
======

The DBA team is involved and troubleshooting.

ETA: Unknown.

thanks
gk

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...... if its a database error then there would not be a problem, databases can easilly be restored to the last save point.
Added to that, we were told it was a "conectivity issue" previously. I find that a lot easier to swallow than a database error. Having worked with databases extensively, unless critical data has been updated, then a previous database can be used everytime and since we have maintenance about 5 times a day now, then they will have the database on hand to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was Greg's last post that said the DBA team was involved and troubleshooting. I'm willing to bet that if the database team is involved, it probably has something to do with the database.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why dont they simply restart the game on the data from the last known correct database?
Sorry, don'y buy it for a minute

P

philw1

"accurate and current information" - EAland and TC3 are down, the peasants are in revolt

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm both a paying and non-paying customer (for better hating-on/trolling at me for what I am about to say allow me to elaborate: I have a couple of the oldest TSO Founder sims in the game on two paid accounts and four freebie accounts made very recently and mainly just to test out freebie accounts out plus making them useful as simple house-sitters after my paid old founder sims have eaten from their precious few trees) and...

This game has been unplayable and offline for an ungodly amount of time now and I am becoming increasingly annoyed about it.

Yes, you heard that right: I find it very annoying.

In fact I find it so annoying that I took some of the excess time I should have had relieving stress by playing the game to instead create this stratics account for the first time today JUST so that I could log in here with the specific purpose of announcing just how very annoyed I am.

There you have it.
Flame on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love it! Make yourself heard!

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

This is no way to treat customers. Running an online game is a service provided to customers, if you cannot provide that service you provide recompense, at the very least you provide accurate and current information to the customers on the status of the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they have done that. Greg posted that a team is troubleshooting the database issues.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why dont they simply restart the game on the data from the last known correct database?

[/ QUOTE ]Very simple. We would lose anything we have done since whatever the last good image is. I think they are trying to avoid that at all costs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I know this is tough but we are in BETA. Creed, do you know what beta means? Cause if you did, you wouldn't have posted the way you did

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I just remind those of you who continually tell everyone that we are in BETA, We know, thank you so much- it was difficult for us to ascertain this. We know we are in BETA but we are paying members, that is the difference here. Thank you!

G

Ok this game is really on my last nerve.. I am about to cancel all 4 paying subscriptions. I pay 40$ a month to TRY and login to a game that never seems to work. This is outragous.. And NO I didn't know I was going to have these problems when I signed up.. EA should have tryed alittle better to tell people. This is bull. If I am not on EA Land by 3pm EST best beleive me and my RL friends will be done and over with this crappy game.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

neener neener neener.. I'm in the game
lol

See you all there

[/ QUOTE ]

Just testing my window mode now.

And of course it doesn't work

G

Apparently some people have forgotten this. Yes, we are paying for a game in beta. If we all stopped paying during the beta time, the game would be gone tomorrow. The idea is to save it and bring it back to life... not to get it shut down. This is why I believe the dev team is working on the Amnesty for us... a little gift to (1) bring back old players and (2) reward us for paying during a beta time in game.

K

krissy2359

Im in Im in Im in! TC3 is up atleast, I'm in for now!

BINGO at my house guys...Krissy's Bingo

Krissy G

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

lol

See you all there

[/ QUOTE ]

Just testing my window mode now.

And of course it doesn't work

[/ QUOTE ]

I got right in quick.. City is still dead tho...

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

lol

See you all there

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOHOO!!!

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

exactly why isnt this in tc3 that is the testing part. If it didnt work there why was it moved to ea land to? Are they scared that when if ever the cash out option gonna break them? Why was so much stuff aloud to be merged if they knew that was gonna happen. Why did they punish the players that had nothing to do with the merge THEY KNEW WAS GOING TO MESS UP GAME! there are aloota questions I could ask but no answers worth listening to ever seem to come from them

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a server issue not just an EA Land issue TC3 is down as well. None of us can play. And all issues are tested in TC3 first, thus the reason a few weeks ago in TC3 none of us could access properties or go to work because they were doing TESTING for EA Land. We know we are a test center and take what is thrown at us with little complaint. You know you are playing a game in beta that is still in development, therefore you should be more understanding that somethings bad things just happen and it is beyond anyone's control.

[/ QUOTE ]

TC3 and EALAnd are suppose to be on different servers, That is what was told to us in th beginning. Yes they call this beta, but this is not for testing. TC3 is. Like people have stated before they really need to take care of the bugs before they add more crap on. Just like a house. you dont add that new second floor when the foundation has cracks and the first floor has rotting timber and wiring that needs attention. Most of us would have loved for them to wat to shut down the production cities and have them merge with EALANd, it was the devs that made this happen. it was either play in their bug ridden servers or dont play at all. So yes, there is no pat on the back for them on this. What they are introducing to the game is so remedial, it isnt funny that they screw it up.

J

jafo1972

Oh, I have no doubt about the game itself working, just that I can't play in window mode now. Hopefully this will be addressed soon now that the game is actually working again.

G

From Greg in the Server Outages forum:
(Remember, read there, vent/reply here)

--------------------------------------
<font color=red>

1. EA-Land and TC3 are now open

2. We rolled back a patch on one of the databases.

3. To isolate any issues or questions, we will leave the web applications offline for 2 hours.

4. The connection problem takes about 1 hour to manifest after re-start. We should know with 2 hours whether the patch was the issue or not. (This means we may not be in the clear yet... just fyi).

Thanks
gk </font color=red>

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Very simple. We would lose anything we have done since whatever the last good image is. I think they are trying to avoid that at all costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my point, nothing has happened since the last maintenance.... well, perhaps a couple of hours playtime but i'm sure people would much rather forgo the 400 simoleons or whatever they were able to make in that time than to not have access to the game at all.
We have been down for almost 24 hours now for the sake of a couple of hours data?
And if you are trying to say that the database isnt saved during every maintenance then theres something seriously wrong with EA

K

krissy2359

Bingo party at my house in TC3...Krissy's Bingo under game category. Can win lotsa money if we have lotsa people!!

See you there!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Apparently some people have forgotten this. Yes, we are paying for a game in beta. If we all stopped paying during the beta time, the game would be gone tomorrow. The idea is to save it and bring it back to life... not to get it shut down. This is why I believe the dev team is working on the Amnesty for us... a little gift to (1) bring back old players and (2) reward us for paying during a beta time in game.

[/ QUOTE ]

No people have not forgotten this, no need to beat a dead horse. What about the games that provide a free Beta period? They obviously do not shut down the next day- devs are still paid... why? Because it is an investment; just like EALand!

And darnit if the city is opened now! I have to go to a mandatory physics talk ARGH! haha Oh well I'll play later! Nice talking with you all

G

Creed,
If you can do it better, why not apply for a job to fix it rather than come here and complain about how lousy a job the dev team is doing?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I took the time to clean my house instead of hiring a RL maid.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually got in some landscape designs started ... go figure... hmmm RL I almost forgot it was there

G

Tagging to last, just in case someone scrolled too fast and missed it:

From Greg in the Server Outages forum:
(Remember, read there, vent/reply here)

--------------------------------------
<font color=red>

1. EA-Land and TC3 are now open

2. We rolled back a patch on one of the databases.

3. To isolate any issues or questions, we will leave the web applications offline for 2 hours.

4. The connection problem takes about 1 hour to manifest after re-start. We should know with 2 hours whether the patch was the issue or not. (This means we may not be in the clear yet... just fyi).

Thanks
gk </font color=red>

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

exactly why isnt this in tc3 that is the testing part. If it didnt work there why was it moved to ea land to? Are they scared that when if ever the cash out option gonna break them? Why was so much stuff aloud to be merged if they knew that was gonna happen. Why did they punish the players that had nothing to do with the merge THEY KNEW WAS GOING TO MESS UP GAME! there are aloota questions I could ask but no answers worth listening to ever seem to come from them

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that you have been misinformed about the property and inventories of the people who moved here via bullet train or merge. A persons inventory has absolutely nothing at all to do with prices, payouts or the problems that are occuring. When so many things are being introduced to a game, and they do a little tweek here and a little tweek there, these kinds of things happen. We have not been given any explanation as to why the game is down. It could be the result of hundreds of different things. The main thing to take into consideration here is this, the same people who put this awesome game together are the same ones who allowed the meeps to bring in their inventory. I don't think they made any mistakes since the money didn't make it in even tho they had to shut the game down for ahile because they caught some sneeky pete's trying to smuggle some in anyway. They are in charge and make the decisions and this is one that they made.

N

NickelNik

am i reading right? they are back online? Woohoo if i'm reading right my eyes maybe playing tricks on me after reading millions of threads in these forums

S

Shadowbay

well I was just able to get in, but the avatar exceeded thing is still on the two sims I was playing before the update yesterday

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And they have done that. Greg posted that a team is troubleshooting the database issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Database issues is a very broad statement.. it could be anything .. or something very small.. If they did this and went back one day .. I can see the forums ring with I lost another day... vs where they are trying to fix the patch so we all can start where we were.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok this game is really on my last nerve.. I am about to cancel all 4 paying subscriptions. I pay 40$ a month to TRY and login to a game that never seems to work. This is outragous.. And NO I didn't know I was going to have these problems when I signed up.. EA should have tryed alittle better to tell people. This is bull. If I am not on EA Land by 3pm EST best beleive me and my RL friends will be done and over with this crappy game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see something like this???

Dear Hcokiid
We at EA would like to join us playing a game we fondly call TSO/EALand, which at any time we might rename or discontinue, or modify in a manner which might not be to your liking. Please be prepared to spend tons of money each month to purchase additional accounts which at times you might not be able to play due to us having meetings or parties or something other than the occational times when a computer might crash, or for unknown reasons, a software update which worked fine on our computers doesn't work mokie hokie on the game servers.

you are also invited to sit around and wait for us to figure out what is wrong all during the night and then into the next day just so you can enjoy your 33 cents of expense per day, per account of our time, effort, and equipment. Please remember that in doing so, this gives you the right to rip us apart with your vast knowledge of programming, networking, and further technical stuff which baffles all of us here.

Please also be advised that we do not discriminate with anyone who is obtaining their game play by means of other persons, ie parents paying to keep you quiet and out of their hair, husband so he can watch tv in peace, wife so she doesn't have to tell you how good you are in bed... you get the picture. We won't even require that you obtain a realease of permission to represent them in your efforts to obtain retribution for time lost.

We will however insist that you sign a release allowing us to forward all your complaints to either the Peoples Court, Jerry Springer, or Dr. Phil so that the entire country can get to see just how ridiculous some of your demands and threats are.

Have a very pleasant day, and we hope to see you online very soon

You pals at EA

M

Mr Me

Is anyone besides me still getting the Youve Exceedes your Avatar Limit when they try to launch a 2nd account?

J

Jyellybean3

I am not sure if this is the same thing everybody is talking about. I am on a free account and when I try to log in it says my paid subscription has expired. Is this related to the game being down for maintenance or is this a whole other issue? I didn't start this as a paid account, I signed up for free, so if anybody knows that would be great

G

Anyone else getting the message, You have exceeded your avatar limit??? It only does this on a second sim for me in tsoclient mode, not in windows mode.

G

omg

I took a nap

and left with my thread on one post

&gt;.&gt;

i feeeel so proud

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Database issues is a very broad statement.. it could be anything .. or something very small.. If they did this and went back one day .. I can see the forums ring with I lost another day... vs where they are trying to fix the patch so we all can start where we were.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think due to all of the inconvienience that this has caused everyone and putting all these people under stress to the point that they were bad mouthing each other not to mention the game being down yesterday as well that they should try and satisfy the customers..Beta or not..we are still paying so I think for a day they should put the payouts back up and show us that they value us as customers.. Does anyone else agree with this or am I being unreasonable?

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

I am not sure if this is the same thing everybody is talking about. I am on a free account and when I try to log in it says my paid subscription has expired. Is this related to the game being down for maintenance or is this a whole other issue? I didn't start this as a paid account, I signed up for free, so if anybody knows that would be great

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be able to log that account in through the patch screen (tso.exe) and then it will set it to a free account. When this came up for me, the response I got from customer service was how to cancel my account, which had nothing whatsoever to do with what I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.