• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC3 and EA Land Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Taken from the maintance schedual :

~EA-Land has a daily maintenance window each day from 3:00AM to 4:00AM PST for both EA-Land and Test Center 3. During this time, both cities will be taken offline.

If you are in-game at this time, you will see at least one warning a few minutes ahead of time. All cities should be online by approximately 4:00AM PST, although when EA is publishing a new update, it may take up to one hour longer to bring the cities back online.

EA-Land also has an optional maintenance window each day from 7:00AM to 9:00AM PST, during which time part or all of the service may be down.

In addition to the above schedule, the maintenance period on Tuesdays may be extended.

If you cannot enter the game or are disconnected during the times listed, it is likely that EA is doing regular maintenance work. Please try again after the end of the maintenance window. ~

Lol Im from Russia
time zones are completely different -.-

I

imported_Armonia

Yes it is way past maintenance to come back up here on the East Coast. It is 8:35 AM and it is usually back up by 8 AM. It would be nice if they would let us know what is going on this time.

P

philw1

There is nothing wrong with your pc. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next few hours, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear( curremtly nothing). We repeat, there is nothing wrong with your pc. You are about to participate in a great adventure (if we ever get this fixed). You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits

A

ayla02

<blockquote><hr>

Agreed

but

is anyone even at teh office o_O

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope

I

imported_MattelMichele

Perhaps the servers needed a nap after all those cupcakes, drinks, &amp; debauchery from last nights festivites. I know i do !

G

hah I havent slept yet

and to think

those devs do like to party

and bounce on servers :p

Where is danny with those cupcakes

G

<blockquote><hr>

hah I havent slept yet

and to think

those devs do like to party

and bounce on servers :p

Where is danny with those cupcakes

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say Danny is tucked up in bed after being chased by all those women LOL...a place where i will be heading soon if it doesnt come back up in the next 30mins *sigh* BOURBON anayone?

G

hit me up with some

=]

we can share my EAL bed if it hops back on
and swap our cupcake stories

G

<blockquote><hr>

hit me up with some

=]

we can share my EAL bed if it hops back on
and swap our cupcake stories

[/ QUOTE ]

Tosses Izzy the bottle OOOO your going to share the cupcakes now ?

G

-catches-

only with us girls

danny of course..
has to bake more..

for us..i mean himself ^-v

G

Just a reminder folks, the party thread is located here: click me

Lets keep this thread on the topic of the maintenance schedule.

Thanks

G

Ever heared of, "time is money", well I will they would stop wasting our fun time and hard earned money. ...lol

I

imported_princess45001

everytime ive ttried to get on past few days its been offline
every off day from work its offline most of day:(ive tried to be patient but geez

T

Terra Pin

<blockquote><hr>

Ever heared of, "time is money", well I will they would stop wasting our fun time and hard earned money. ...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, I can't imagine the team is sitting back, having coffee and laughing at us. They aren't deliberately withholding the game from us because they're in the mood to mess with us. These guys are professionals and they are working on fixing whatever it is that's wrong. Whether it be server issues or coding or whatever. We don't need to know all the technical aspects, just that they're doing what they can to get us back up and running asap.

G

I understand is frusterating

but these are the beta days

but think
when all this pass's

and they are done fixing things,
us suscribers are EA Land founders
and like five years from know they change it to

o.o i dunno

Cupcakes Anonymous Online?

and we have to start this process all over again,
but we'll be even more addicted..

be happy where only this addicted

it could be worse

they could actually take my advice on the cupcake name :p

A

Anarela

hahahaha yeah... that's the feeling...

Staring at the screen... willing it to make my sims come back...

OMG I'm on vacation... what do you think I should do?

Answers to self... get a life !

G

Are there any updates on when everything will be back up? <font color="purple"> </font>

G

There are currently no updates.
The EA Team is working on resolving the problem.

Hang in there.

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Just moving my comment to the new thread :
#725607 - 03/27/08 09:46 AM

I got in for about 10 minutes, went to change an avie name and now stuck at 35%. 10 minutes wasn't enough to fix my withdrawl

Tell those of us that missed the 10 min in game today .. How was it? Maybe it would semi satisfy our w/ drawls... Please tell

Everyone I know this is hard on everyone , the game players, the Dev's ... and everyone wants to be in game ... Things happen ..It isnt The Dev's fault, and it isnt our fault... Give the Dev's the time and patience that they need to fix the problem correctly ... Telling them they aren't doing their job right or fast enough isnt going to get it done any quicker... They need our support right now .... How about giving it to them .....

Im sure we all need to get into game ! we need our fix .... But Please support the Dev's and let them do what they need to do so they can fix the problem and provide us w/ our daily fix for EAL.....

With that said Im done ..... Sorry Im tired of seeing all these bad remarks toward the Dev's ...... Many havent seen the game since what .... yesterday ..... I havent "really" seen the game since Friday .... I should be the one having the Cow! And I REALLY need my fix..... So If i can be patient about this , I surely hope you all can too .....

Wasnt meant to be mean, but some are being crude to our Dev's

I

imported_princess45001

i wasnt making negative remarks at devs their doing great and we appreciate all their headaches weve gave them
i was simply stating i go to school and work and have 4 kids and when i have a day off i like to spend it on the game to catch up on money or w/e and never get to do that anymore ;( cause always down on my days off.had to vent to feel better

I

imported_TraciRK

<blockquote><hr>

I understand is frusterating

but these are the beta days

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess now we know why most games offer Beta to their customers for free or at a big discount.

I

i wasnt making negative remarks at devs their doing great and we appreciate all their headaches weve gave them i was simply stating i go to school and work and have 4 kids and when i have a day off i like to spend it on the game to catch up on money or w/e and never get to do that anymore ;( cause always down on my days off.had to vent to feel better

First I didnt mean you Directly... those that are saying the crude things know who they are .... And should maybe think about the Dev's and what they are going through.. Maybe Put yourself in their shoes......

Second. I feel the same i have 3 kids, and I work (many hrs to boot.) So i know where your coming from ... When I come home all i want is to play EAL ... For some strange reason it has its calming effect for me .. But hey spend a lil more time w/ your kids (that you couldnt normall w/ EAL up), catch a nap if your kids are in school.. Read a book, Do some laundry as some are doing.... Idk Give the Dev's time to do what they need to do so it is done the right way ... So we dont have to go through this again (im not saying it will be a permanant fix). Give the time and our support ... They are working very hard !

G

7:30 pst time.. you think they are in the office yet to see the servers never came up???? Being hopeful someone came in early I guess

G

we all need to be patient and hang in there... hopefully the servers will be up sometime today

G

I never was able to get in last night. Went to bed. Now here I am and the City is down. Please get this fixed. I really need to see my meeps. (And I love that word to who ever posted it thanks) But on a lighter note no more hanging at 35% hehehehe

N

NickelNik

I BELEIVE IN THE DEV'S IT'S NOT A EASY THING CREATING GAMES AND THEN ONLINE GAMES WHERE MILLIONS AND TRILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE PLAYING! Need a errand runner Dev's i'll come help! it'll make me feel like i'm running one of our many houses... Hehe. Ok back to hour check ups....

I

I really need to see my meeps. (And I love that word to who ever posted it thanks)

It was in a thread titled Avatars vs. Avis - Aster's Folly "Meeps rhymes with peeps and = mini person or mini EA person. Meep is more fun to type than Meap, and also looks like something a sim might say, so Meep is how I spell it."

I kinda liked it so from then on our "Avatars" to me are now Meeps

G

If the server is down, hopefully the maintenance will solve the problem in TC3 that none of us were able to work. I was on from about 1:30am to 5am last night my time (Atlantic) and during that time I wasn't able to go to work, and neither were any other free OR paid accounts in TC3. I'm happy to wait for the server if it will fix the bug. If not, i'm going to have to become really adept at pizza or skill my cooking for jams or something.

And I agree with others defending the Devs here and in other threads about the maintenance and the problems. Do you realize what would happen if the database was compromised because they hurried the process and made a mistake? As has been stated, its a business and I've said many times that EA would not even be touching this game if it didn't mean to see it through and have a real go at success.

G

it could be hours and hours.. i wasnt able to get in and play last night cause i went to bed too.. i have faith in the devs that they can fix this

P

poppet

Is this a new retention strategy i'm unaware of? .... Person makes account to try out the game .... person plays game for 2 hours .... game goes crazy for half a day ..... game maintenance shuts game down ..... so much for my first 24 hours of play. Bravo

G

Well TC3 Red dot down... maybe someone came in... hopeful and patiently waiting...
looking at small glimmer of light at end of long nite ....

G

I am sure the Devs are doing everything they can to fix the problem. Guess, I will go play Pogo

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

Just moving my comment to the new thread :
#725607 - 03/27/08 09:46 AM

I got in for about 10 minutes, went to change an avie name and now stuck at 35%. 10 minutes wasn't enough to fix my withdrawl

Tell those of us that missed the 10 min in game today .. How was it? Maybe it would semi satisfy our w/ drawls... Please tell

Everyone I know this is hard on everyone , the game players, the Dev's ... and everyone wants to be in game ... Things happen ..It isnt The Dev's fault, and it isnt our fault... Give the Dev's the time and patience that they need to fix the problem correctly ... Telling them they aren't doing their job right or fast enough isnt going to get it done any quicker... They need our support right now .... How about giving it to them .....

Im sure we all need to get into game ! we need our fix .... But Please support the Dev's and let them do what they need to do so they can fix the problem and provide us w/ our daily fix for EAL.....

With that said Im done ..... Sorry Im tired of seeing all these bad remarks toward the Dev's ...... Many havent seen the game since what .... yesterday ..... I havent "really" seen the game since Friday .... I should be the one having the Cow! And I REALLY need my fix..... So If i can be patient about this , I surely hope you all can too .....

Wasnt meant to be mean, but some are being crude to our Dev's

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow Claudia .. looking at this "Quote" you did to make your responds speech, have to say... ??? All I see is a feeling directed at one's self in that message.. they're feeling withdrawals, many are expressing themselves... like hello.. group therpy!
No one is pointing blame, crap happens... we deal, and most deal with sharing like minded thoughts here... to relieve the stresses.
Now Claudia... take a deep breath... exhale... think of your happy place... (would give out chill pill, but don't have licence to hand out meds)

Serious though, remind me Claudia never to tell you who I am in world.. cause you'd be kicking my.... LOL

A

Anarela

TC3 doesn't sow on the simsmania page... would this mean it's up?

You TC3 guys, keep us posted...

"crossing fingers!"

G

I tried logging in again and the city isn't listed anymore. It used to be greyed out and now its not there so hopefully this is a good sign.

G

I'm hoping its a sign that they are rebooting the server cross fingers.. hold breathe..and refresh refresh refresh...lol least what I'm doing

I think I broke my left mouse button... oh no... time for new mouse.. all these refreshes maybe its under protest...

M

mysticlisa516

*TTL*

I had a nice 12 hours of sleep because I seen that the problem wouldn't be fixed soon, but this is crazy. It is now 10:30 est and I still can't get in. What is the hold up?

Seems like when devs make minor adjustments to a problem they cause a catastrophe. If this one server can't take the program, then get another one and put EA Land on one and TC3 on the other. What's going to happen when more players enter the game? Are we going to be down several times a day?

Not only are free players deciding that they don't want to invest in this game, I am hearing many paying players are almost at the end of their rope and are deciding to leave. Then where will the game be? Gone. The devs need to get better at fixing problems and implementing new aspects to the game before they lose the players that they are trying to keep.

G

Everyone needs to remember that the game is in BETA still. Give the Dev's time to work out all the issues. Things dont just happen overnight. Its not like they are starting a new game from scratch. They are basically re-writing an existing game so, there is bound to be some down time. I think the dev's deserve a bit of patience from all of us and a little more gratitude for all that they are doing. Remember, they also have a deadline to meet.

K

Kazukio Magnus

Mad props to the devs, their job isnt easy at all, i've seen what coding looks like and it isnt fun to read or write. Lets not mention searching through thousands of pages of it to try and find and fix a problem. Hey while your at it can you guys lower the skill decay rate? I mean i dont mean to gripe but i lost 2.50 logic in 5 minutes, I dont know if it had anything to do with the current issues your fixing or not but if your not handing out locks to free members anymore maybe we can get a smaller decay rate, I really dont want to be stuck doing just skilling. (I dont want the skill back, just maybe a slower decay rate) I'm sure the subscribers would like it a little slower as well. Well it was worth asking right? Keep up the good work devs, I'd help you but i dont understand it just know what it looks like lmao. GO DEVS!!!

M

mysticlisa516

When is the last time you paid to play a game in BETA? This is why people are upset, we pay NOT to play. Doesn't sound right.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When is the last time you paid to play a game in BETA? This is why people are upset, we pay NOT to play. Doesn't sound right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me your address, I'll gladly send you the 70 cents you've lost from the 2 days you havent been able to play this month. geez.

G

GrandpaRob

Then don't pay. Switch to a free account until the game is out of beta.

I

Wow Claudia .. looking at this "Quote" you did to make your responds speech, have to say... ??? All I see is a feeling directed at one's self in that message.. they're feeling withdrawals, many are expressing themselves..

Your absolutly right.... many have expressed theirselves.... and your absolutly right this "group therapy" should help everyone.... They can let their thoughts known and what not ... But come on to be blaming the Dev's and saying they arent doing their job "Quick" enough for them .... What I had to say was ... The Dev's are doing their best to be efficent!!!!!!!!

LOL why do i need to chill out and take a Deep Breath ohh and Exhale.. Thank you for the offer of the chill pill, but lol i have my own !!!! thank you but No thank you

Serious though, remind me Claudia never to tell you who I am in world.. cause you'd be kicking my.... LOL

LMAO only if you need it I would

K

Kazukio Magnus

Your over paying it's more like 34 cents a day... i mean hey if your gonna gripe about cents might as well put it down to the last penny right.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I don't know how some people stay so calm but I really can't. Last night Parizad told us to go to sleep cause it wouldn't be fixed soon so I did. Now when I woke up this morning I was expecting to play but now they have another problem. This is starting to really piss me off. All I want to do is play the game that I am paying for. I really don't think that is too much to ask for. Now EA-Land is gonna be down all day.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Then don't pay. Switch to a free account until the game is out of beta.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Everytime something needs to be fixed, the SAME people start whining and complaining about compensation. The point is, the porblems are being FIXED. its not like they are shutting the servers down just to mess with us
(or are they
, lol) j/k.

Status
Not open for further replies.