• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TC3 and EA Land Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_princess45001

ok all i hear is they need to sleep if u offer 24 hour service which alot of places do you hire a 24 hour crew to keep running it simple enuff now off to fix the rest of worlds problems

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think most of us with any grasp on reality realize who most of the people are complaining, and why they are complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
And i think others are the type that like to kiss up and we can see who those are

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, petty insults. To be a child again

There is a difference between kissing up, and common sense and respect kiddo

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, again.. well put

G

so ive discovered i have a new addiction to replace my TSO addiction.
Hitting refresh every 2 seconds....

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

adding to/agreeing with dixieM and a few others,
it IS their job. This game is not something they are doing as a *favor* to the players.
Fact: Game is getting more unstable and closed more often than it ever was before.
We HAVE been giving *them* TIME.
game is still getting worse with lag and outages.
The people in charge of the game seem to feel it's OK to leave it when broken.
It is clear to all but the ostriches that the people now working on it are making it WORSE, not *better*.
Solution?
Call in the management and hire MORE or DIFFERENT people who will work overtime and/or fix the problems (on one of the many attempts) so the product doesn't always break!
So defenders, please consider what you would do if the doctor you were going to was breaking you over and over again instead of fixing you. Huh? what would you do then? Stay with him/her and say *oh, i see you have really been trying hard. Maybe you need more rest? Maybe you need more time? Keep trying to fix me doc, and then say, I am kinda tired of all this coma time Doc, but I'm sure you know whats best for me. So go home, get some rest, take a shower, hey have a nice rum drink and when you feel like it, tell me some silly stories about hampsters and come on back and work on me some more. I'm sure you will get it right next time..................
errrrrr, yeah sure you will

[/ QUOTE ]

i for 1 would rather have a well rested Doc,thats in a good mood and sure of himself cutting on me rather then a worn out surgeon who has been up for 2-3days his eyes so blurry he can hardly see
just working with your anology here

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously doubt you would be having the same surgeon *attempting* the same surgury over and over, but then, *shrugs*, maybe you would

K

Kazukio Magnus

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, and I'm sure that they were very well paid for that overtime.

You know, I wish I could ignore my customers they way they do, my life would be awesome at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

they just updated you as soon as they determined the issue how is that ignoring you? cut the devs a bit of slack, complain all you want but dont bash other people that are working towards fixing a GAME for you to entertain yourself with, regardless if it's their job or not as human beings they deserve respect

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay I think you have a very misconstrued idea of what "BASHING" really means. It calls for a lot more than what this player has said. Let's not over exaggerate to get your point across if there is nothing wrong in the complaint to work off of.

[/ QUOTE ]

acually it has been a ongoing argument so before pickin bones with me go back and read through the past 8 pages to find her calling devs cuss words, useless and a bunch of other stuff

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO move over i am in the same boat,Darlin,,,lol

G

Back on topic, can anyone else not view the server status on Stratics? The whole right column isnt loading for me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL I agree with you, couldnt have said it better myself, oh .. and E ... this is the diva

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha &lt;3

and I think Dixie and I are on the same page in saying that we know how you are in real life too, so don't throw that in our face because I would much rather be one to speak my mind in an honest, blunt way than to allow such things to go by unacknowledged.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You know, I wish I could ignore my customers they way they do, my life would be awesome at work.

[/ QUOTE ]

they just updated you as soon as they determined the issue how is that ignoring you? cut the devs a bit of slack, complain all you want but dont bash other people that are working towards fixing a GAME for you to entertain yourself with, regardless if it's their job or not as human beings they deserve respect

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay I think you have a very misconstrued idea of what "BASHING" really means. It calls for a lot more than what this player has said. Let's not over exaggerate to get your point across if there is nothing wrong in the complaint to work off of.

[/ QUOTE ]

acually it has been a ongoing argument so before pickin bones with me go back and read through the past 8 pages to find her calling devs cuss words, useless and a bunch of other stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=red>Hello,

If anyone sees a post today that is conflict with the EAL TSO Stratics Rules of Conduct, please make use of the notify a moderator button instead of replying to the post in question.

Thank you.

Aster</font color=red>

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I think most of us with any grasp on reality realize who most of the people are complaining, and why they are complaining.

[/ QUOTE ]
And i think others are the type that like to kiss up and we can see who those are

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh, petty insults. To be a child again

There is a difference between kissing up, and common sense and respect kiddo

[/ QUOTE ]

Kiddo is disrespectful btw.

M

mysticlisa516

Excuse me, I never cussed them out. If I did, I'm sure the words would have been cencored. Why don't you go back and reread my posts.

All I've said is that they need to complete their job, that is what we are paying them for.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

Back on topic, can anyone else not view the server status on Stratics? The whole right column isnt loading for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be part of them disconnecting everything from the servers?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Might be part of them disconnecting everything from the servers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno, Its been loading like that since before the update. Oh well. **refresh...wait 10 seconds...refresh....wait 10 seconds...**

G

You don't have a 14 year old daughter, you are the 14 year old daughter.

I'd rather the server stay down until tonight, and the ability to work be put back into the game. I'd rather see issues fixed than it come back up ASAP, to be completely honest, even though I'm bored out of my skull

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Yes im one insulting just replying to u insulting me whos the kid there go home to mommy shes calling u

[/ QUOTE ]

That right there is sig worthy

drewmiester03 I was talking about respect for the Devs, not for the children bashing myself and the others speaking reason.

Just chill for a bit guys, honestly. I realize that teenagers and kids love flame wars, and think they can outwit the adults with their insults. The truth is, it probably makes the devs and the site owners not want to bother with updating us at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I don't know how old you are Lucian but I am 19 and I have no problem coming back at everything you say regardless of your age because I am not doing it in an insulting way. Using kiddo to refer to a person when you do not know their age is insulting and disrespectful. How funny that you want others to show more respect as if you are the beacon of it when you can't talk to people very nicely yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

When insulted, I tend to lose my sense of respect, I don't know how that fits into your equation. And once again, I'm not talking about respect for myself.

I

imported_princess45001

ok yeah alot of us are frustrated.i arranged my schedule for this 1 day to spend playing and not getting it so im venting. i mean first of all if i asked them to wait 12 hours for my payment would they?and second of all is it more mature to complain about others complaining?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to get a new mouse ... killed my left button due to all the refresh.. or well i'll be honest. forget to feed the stupid thing and it went on strike...

M

mysticlisa516

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please direct me where I would have cussed them out? Don't say something if you can't back it up.

G

The city is serioulsy still closed from maintenence morning?? I finally get into the game from being stuck at 35%. then 30 minutes later its maintence which is still going on right now!! grr.... oh well. cya in the game lata :/

D

DixieM

im 35 years old i do have a 14 year oild daughter . How do i have a job at 14 lol kids= P

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

Isn't fixing this the job they get paid to do? Is there a job that when somethings messed up and ur customers are complaining that u can just quit and go home? IF so tell me I dure would like to have it. I'm in customer service job in rl and believe me its no different in rl except on here the dev's have the pc to hide behind. Not so easy in rl so why should it be for them here. Yes its a game to us but its their job they get paid real money for it

I to am in customer service in rl.. And let me tell you what ... 97/100 of the people i deal w/ in an hr .... Are down right rude and ignorant no matter what you say and or do to try and help them ... I guess the same goes for everywhere huh? And I to am behind a computer thank goodness because if I were w/ these people in person .. I would let them know all about their ignorant selves.... Ill stop there......

Dev's your doing a GREAT AND MAGNIFICANT JOB!!!!!!!!!!
take all the time you need to get this fixed the right way .... Im here waiting no matter how long it takes ......

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly here, the Dev's are not doing us favors, they are doing their jobs, however i'm not going to disrespect them for something that happens to everyone, everywhere sometimes. For example, your on your way to work and boom, a flat tire, now your going to be late. Should you get bitched out when you get to your job? Heck no, you didn't cause it to happen and you didn't mean for it to happen but it did. That's just how things are in life. But in the next breath, i'm nof going to sit here and praise them either, Like I said, this is their jobs and I can assure you that if I had their paychecks i'd burn mine. We all need to vent and to some of you, let people go ahead and vent instead of telling them to get a freebie becasue you all don't sound any better than the ones that are venting. Now...where's my HC'd?

G

Well, I was hoping to get some game time in while my wife is in a coma... lol

Oh well. Pass the chips and dip.

I

imported_ChipsAhoy

LOL you people are just testy because you can't AFK skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=red>Hello,

If anyone sees a post today that is conflict with the EAL TSO Stratics Rules of Conduct, please make use of the notify a moderator button instead of replying to the post in question.

Thank you.

Aster</font color=red>

[/ QUOTE ]

Aster ... its gonna be a tough day for you guys.. worse then last nite.. I bow to you now...
good luck....

Guys... Us all getting Nasty with each other is not going to get the game up and running... Gee I honestly wonder what ages some of you all are because I am telling you .. a room of K graders are nicer to each other then some post here.. Come on ... we are a community of gamers, we all need to just keep waiting and help each other thru this downtime.. nothing of this pancakes is going to get the Devs fixing it any faster.. It's a database issue.. it will take time.. and more time until its fixed.. in the mean time why can't we all just get along..

Come on.. there is light somewhere ahead....

I

Well, I was hoping to get some game time in while my wife is in a coma... lol

Oh well. Pass the chips and dip.

Sorry not atm ..... no game time .... But you know the Dev's are working very hard at fixing this .... I sure hope your wife is ok and doing good ...

Is ruffle potato chips ok... Hmmmm I have jalapeno dip here ....
ohhhh wait here's some french onion dip im sure you would like better

G

I know the devs are doing their best to get things under wraps or whatever you wanna say, but still I think the game was so much better before EA, I mean yeah it's great having everyone in the same place, but sometimes that can be bad too, like sometimes you wanna hide lol....and then all this downtime and you can never count on the game being available.
(

G

<blockquote><hr>

Isn't fixing this the job they get paid to do? Is there a job that when somethings messed up and ur customers are complaining that u can just quit and go home? IF so tell me I dure would like to have it. I'm in customer service job in rl and believe me its no different in rl except on here the dev's have the pc to hide behind. Not so easy in rl so why should it be for them here. Yes its a game to us but its their job they get paid real money for it

I to am in customer service in rl.. And let me tell you what ... 97/100 of the people i deal w/ in an hr .... Are down right rude and ignorant no matter what you say and or do to try and help them ... I guess the same goes for everywhere huh? And I to am behind a computer thank goodness because if I were w/ these people in person .. I would let them know all about their ignorant selves.... Ill stop there......

take all the time you need to get this fixed the right way .... Im here waiting no matter how long it takes ......

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to spare me, I can take it. No one on this thread is being ignorant in my opinion, regardless of their stance on this. Coming into a conversation/debate to call any one of us ignorant is pretty hypocritical.

We all support the devs, that isn't the problem here!!

People have a right to complain, they are paying members, and the complaints I have read are very much valid. That is sooo Great that you are so patient and ecstatic with the progress the dev's have made but not everyone is as patient as you. They are growing testy and have every right to. So please do not call anyone ignorant or inconsiderate here. If you sell me a faulty product, I am not going to praise you for fixing it and you will hear what I have to say.

G

Update from Greg, posted to Server Outages:
(Please keep in mind Server Outages is a not an open discussion forum. Vent and respond here, read there

-------------------------------------------------------------

<font color=red>The DBA team is involved and troubleshooting.

ETA: Unknown.

thanks
gk
</font color=red>

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

they should at least give us a esm. time

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they shouldn't. If they were to say "We figure it will be fixed by 2:00pm" and then its not, people here will get even more upset. Also, if they don't know exactly what is causing the problem, then I imagine it would be nearly impossible to try to guess at when it will be fixed.

Z

Zsazsa Zee

ACK! ACK! ACK !
I guess I need to reset my personal timer! It seems that everytime I want to play the game : the server's down; I actually get in YAY!;...but before I can go to work at the factory the game goes offline. It's not that I have nothing else to do, but sometimes I like to procrastinate RL and TSO has been there to assist me. We've been great partners for about 5 years.

Now, along with the game, I too am being stress-tested lol

Hmmmm....wonder how I will do....

It would be nice, however, to hear a little something from the devs.

I

LOL you people are just testy because you can't AFK skill.

Did i miss somthing here ? what does AFK skill have to do w/ what is at hand ?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to spare me, I can take it. No one on this thread is being ignorant in my opinion, regardless of their stance on this. Coming into a conversation/debate to call any one of us ignorant is pretty hypocritical.

People have a right to complain, they are paying members, and the complaints I have read are very much valid. That is sooo Great that you are so patient and ecstatic with the progress the dev's have made but not everyone is as patient as you. They are growing testy and have every right to. So please do not call anyone ignorant or inconsiderate here. If you sell me a faulty product, I am not going to praise you for fixing it and you will hear what I have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were told the product was faulty when you bought it: BETA

Most of the complaints here are actually not valid at all, because they come from those who think the Devs have a magic wand and a team of 2000 people to get things up and running in a millisecond. The truth is, its trial and error and every single MMO game out there went through the same process at one point or another. The difference is, EA went with an open BETA and allowed the public, not just a select few, to join in on the testing process.Complaining that the game has problems when you were told it did, and complaining about downtime and how long the programming takes, simply isn't valid. Free speech means the right to vent, but you also have the right to exercise retraint in favor of looking better for it.

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yes and the CS to this game is very very lacking, very stressful to be patient with, Btw the devs created this mess, and they are also taking all the time in the world to fix their mess. Thing is This game has a server called TC3, you know where you test things before going "live" with them so when you go live withsomething it doesnt screw up the whole kit and kaboodle. The devs have decided that TC# is not for testing anymore, the whole game is. TC3, the server you subject to new "things" before you send it to the live server- EAand.

Z

Zsazsa Zee

Ok scratch the last sentence. We heard something from the devs while I was writing my post.

D

DixieM

exactly why isnt this in tc3 that is the testing part. If it didnt work there why was it moved to ea land to? Are they scared that when if ever the cash out option gonna break them? Why was so much stuff aloud to be merged if they knew that was gonna happen. Why did they punish the players that had nothing to do with the merge THEY KNEW WAS GOING TO MESS UP GAME! there are aloota questions I could ask but no answers worth listening to ever seem to come from them

G

It's a database error. There is nothing to test in TC3 before pushing it to EAL. Get a grip people.

G

I agree Dixie!

Lets call for a whipe, lets do it all over again! I actualy like this idea... rofl

G

GrandpaRob

<blockquote><hr>

It's a database error. There is nothing to test in TC3 before pushing it to EAL. Get a grip people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

P

philw1

oh yeah Wipe all our sims and start over. That would make everyone happy....NOT

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

Most of the complaints here are actually not valid at all, because they come from those who think the Devs have a magic wand and a team of 2000 people to get things up and running in a millisecond. The truth is, its trial and error and every single MMO game out there went through the same process at one point or another. The difference is, EA went with an open BETA and allowed the public, not just a select few, to join in on the testing process.Complaining that the game has problems when you were told it did, and complaining about downtime and how long the programming takes, simply isn't valid. Free speech means the right to vent, but you also have the right to exercise retraint in favor of looking better for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real problem is that this is the 2nd Beta. The first was back in 2002 and nobody had to pay until Dec. This time they kept it up for all the people that were paying to play. I understand the "I'm paying and have the right to complain" mostly comes from those players.

Right now the game is going through growing pains and most of that is related to the lack of support we got over the last 3 years. No updates and only the regular daily maintenance only led to more problems when they decided to try to revive it.

Probably the best comparison to be made would be to AOL back in about 1995. They went through a major drive to get customers when they didn't have the infrastructure in place. What happened? The old customers no longer received the level of service they had come to expect and the new customers couldn't do anything with the service they were now paying for. The only real difference here is that EA thought they had the resources in place, they didn't count on the surge to systems that had already been neglected for too long.

C

Creed84

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a database error from what they tried tp add into the database, TC3 is on a different server. so yes could have tested it before hitting Live. Psst this was fine until they did the patch, eh? Do you even understand what a database is? if you did you wouldnt have made your comment.

G

<blockquote><hr>

exactly why isnt this in tc3 that is the testing part. If it didnt work there why was it moved to ea land to? Are they scared that when if ever the cash out option gonna break them? Why was so much stuff aloud to be merged if they knew that was gonna happen. Why did they punish the players that had nothing to do with the merge THEY KNEW WAS GOING TO MESS UP GAME! there are aloota questions I could ask but no answers worth listening to ever seem to come from them

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a server issue not just an EA Land issue TC3 is down as well. None of us can play. And all issues are tested in TC3 first, thus the reason a few weeks ago in TC3 none of us could access properties or go to work because they were doing TESTING for EA Land. We know we are a test center and take what is thrown at us with little complaint. You know you are playing a game in beta that is still in development, therefore you should be more understanding that somethings bad things just happen and it is beyond anyone's control.

G

<blockquote><hr>

oh yeah Wipe all our sims and start over. That would make everyone happy....NOT

[/ QUOTE ]

my addiction to refreshing is so entertaining

I

imported_princess45001

umm for lucian when i started paying for game i wasnt told had problems worked great then and i was on everyday no problems.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exercise restraint in favor of looking better for it? No one here should be worried about trying to impress anyone. That is obviously what you are hung up on and what I was trying to get at with my earlier comments.

Yes the game is in beta but the DIFFERENCE is that we are CURRENTLY paying. And yes, there is the option to set my account on FREE but then I would not be experiencing every aspect of the game. So there are many differences in that comparison.

Also, you continually assert that we have been disrespectful to the devs and that we are expecting too much. I have not seen any cursing on this thread, nor have I read anything that I would consider a unfair blow. Yes we may be expecting a little more than this, considering the game ran pretty smoothly for all of these years. I love the devs for their new participation, but these problems have been chronic and therefore, it is much more difficult to not post a comment. These complaints ARE valid, we ARE paying, and we ARE not hiding our feelings in order to look good to anyone.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

TC3 is testing grounds.. there was more done with this last update that messed things in there.. that had no effect on your update in EAland... Believe me ... we have experianced more bugs and issues that you might be aware of.. if you played both cities maybe you could compare as I can....

J

jammybob

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm...... if its a database error then there would not be a problem, databases can easilly be restored to the last save point.
Added to that, we were told it was a "conectivity issue" previously. I find that a lot easier to swallow than a database error. Having worked with databases extensively, unless critical data has been updated, then a previous database can be used everytime and since we have maintenance about 5 times a day now, then they will have the database on hand to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.