Pinco's UI

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
Re: Pinco's UI (coming soon...)

If you're still looking for ideas, would it be possible to add a timer for the cooldown times for the barding skills? Appreciate that this may be complicated due to the barding specializations, but it would be really handy.

Also, when I cast vampiric embrace, there does not seem to be any way of telling when this spell is active except to check fire resistance stat. Am I missing something here?

Finally, does anyone know what the box called 'dynamic objects' is for?
I'm working on the bard timer and I've made the atlas lock.

The vapiric embrace has no ways to be detected by UI, just open your paperdoll and check your skin tone, if is white you are a vampire :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Code:

- Fixed a problem with the bandages on the hotbars. Now changing amount will not disable the icon.
- Added the lock button on atlas
- Added a counter for skills cooldown
- Added craftable artifacts and treasure map special items to the artifact highlight.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

np :p

Is there any way to change the title of this post by removing "coming soon"?

O

Old Man of UO

np :p

Is there any way to change the title of this post by removing "coming soon"?
Pinco,
go to your original post and click the "Edit" button. Then on the next screen, click on the "Go Advanced" button and that will take you to a screen that should let you edit the Title.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

already done, but has changed the sub-title not the main title itself...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net

Pinco is there a way to scale the size of the fonts?

I love the fonts but when there are 40 people spamming spells I just wish I could make the spell font tiny..... very tiny... so I can see something other than words on my screen.

S

Scoobs

I can't seem to see the skills cooldown counter (certainly for bard skills)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Pinco is there a way to scale the size of the fonts?

I love the fonts but when there are 40 people spamming spells I just wish I could make the spell font tiny..... very tiny... so I can see something other than words on my screen.
The font size settings worth for every overhead text, just use it :)

I can't seem to see the skills cooldown counter (certainly for bard skills)
works only if you have the skills on the hotbar...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Code:
2.5b

- Now you can scale party healthbars and pet window.
- The Pinco's UI is now ready for Texture Packs!

- Changed font into the hotbar key bindings.
- Changed the text for special buttons (ex. Num Pad: 4 is now NP4, OEM_102 is now <, Insert is now INS and so on...)
- Changed the colors for the hotbar key bindings:
	* Direct Button: WHITE
	* Control: RED
	* Alt: GREEN
	* Shift: BLUE
	* Control+Alt: YELLOW
	* Control+Shift: FUCSIA
	* Alt+Shift: AQUA
	* Control+Alt+Shift: PURPLE
	* All the colors are customizable.
- You will be able to set the default hotbar slots number and orientation for new hotbars on the settings menu.
- Now you're able to change the target square color around the hotbar items.
- Fixed few little performance problems.
- Fixed a problem with the word of death hotbar effect. Now if you move the icon the effect will be removed correctly.
- Fixed a problem with the skills cooldown timer. Now if you remove the skill from a slot, the timer will be removed correctly.
- Added the skill countdown to the smoke bombs.
- Changed the hotbars border from gold to gray.
- Fixed the window outside the visibile area. Now the windows near the left border should not be moved.
- Now you're able to scale the menu bar.

- Added the lock button for your own paperdoll.
- Added the a context menu on the pet window arrow for lock the window.
- TEST FEATURE: If the game start with a window outside the visible area, that window will be brought back.

S

Scoobs

Pinco

I have re - installed the latest version of the ui and placed the skill icons on both the main hotbar and a created one. I still cannot see any cooldown timer for skills.

M

miniciti

Pinco

I have re - installed the latest version of the ui and placed the skill icons on both the main hotbar and a created one. I still cannot see any cooldown timer for skills.
It's working for me. I have discordance on my hotbar and it counts down the time until I can use it again. Haven't tried any other skill timers yet, but definitely working for that one! It's in a white font, which can be a little hard to see on top of Decors Icons..kinda blends in. But can see it easily enough when you know what it looks like.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Pinco

very strange... try to change the countdown color, maybe is too bright for your :D

I've updated the previous post with the latest news... hoping the stratics admin want to keep the forum up at least for a day...

I've also added in the download area 3 Texture packs for Pinco's UI:

- Decors Texture
- Copper Enhanced
- Stone Enhanced

This section also supports upload from registered members, so you can upload your own texture pack for share it with others :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net

The copper enhanced download is broken.

And thank you thank you thank you for putting those in!

S

Scoobs

How can I change the count down colour? The timer on my bandages works as it did before.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

in the new version you can change hotbars color from settings :)

The textures are now up and working, unfortunately the screenshot of the copper enhanced was broken and the post was gone...
I'd like to remember that everyone can post a texture pack in the Texture Packs category, just need to be a registerd user :)

K

Kordullin

Wow. Just wow. An absolute beauty with stone enhanced and I can't wait for copper enhanced. However, with my screen set up, the legacy style chat input window looks really bad.

Screens to show what I mean:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Agnurlin/1-1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Agnurlin/2-1.jpg

Can you make it a toggle option, per chance? With copper enhanced skin and this, my UI will be perfect otherwise :)

Edit: also, the atlas doesn't remember zoom levels.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Code:
- Moved the customizable items to the new Customization Menu
- Added the Ignore Player by Target to the General menu
- Added a toggle for the Chat Line lock.
- Now the zoom level of the atlas and radar will be saved.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006

Ok, I have another suggestion. It used to be with my old UI that chat text displayed on top of icons and would block icons - very bad. Now with your UI chat text displays behind icons, and doesn't block them - much better thank you very much. However, in my opinion the ideal situation would be that the chat text display on top of icons, but didn't block them. In other words was transparent to interaction, but still visible in the foreground. With the way I have icons placed on my desktop it often prevents me from seeing what is being said, or at least makes it difficult. I always thought it was dead stupid that you could click on chat text to target, it causes problems more often than not.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

actually you can't target anyone by clicking on chat... only by click the name...
You are asking chat coming over icons and being transparent?
if so, is not possible, because I can't know when it goes over your icons

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Code:
2.6b
- Fixed the Fonts Selector window size.
- Fixed the width of the menu bar.

M

miniciti

Pinco,
The Set Extra Item Properties color isn't being remembered when logging out and in.
Also, can we get a "Webbed" text flash when being webbed by Navrey?
I'm loving all the cool customization features!! Just simply amazing work, Pinco!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Pinco,
The Set Extra Item Properties color isn't being remembered when logging out and in.
Also, can we get a "Webbed" text flash when being webbed by Navrey?
I'm loving all the cool customization features!! Just simply amazing work, Pinco!!
I'm looking into ;)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006

actually you can't target anyone by clicking on chat... only by click the name...
I know this at least used to be true. You used to be able to (maybe it was classic client) click on a mobile's chat messages (including messages such as damage numbers), and it would select the mobile. However, this I do know, chat in the enhanced client blocks being able to click on an object, icon, or mobile. It used to drive me nuts. I actually had to move the icons away from directly above my avatar so that the chat messages wouldn't block me from clicking on my icons.

When I first started using the EC this actually got me killed in pvp more than once. Maybe this was something the devs fixed, and I just didn't notice it was fixed until I tried your UI - which would make sense because at first when I was using your UI the chat and overhead messages text was larger than what I was used to.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Code:
2.6c
- Now the extra info color is saved correctly.
- Added the "Webbed" center screen text when you are caught by a spider web.

M

miniciti

Is there any way to show the tooltips for the buff/debuffs? I still don't know what all the little icons mean lol. The tooltips (description of the buff/debuff) used to be there when I hovered over the icons and now they're not. I'm not sure if I turned something off somehow or if the UI did it. Under the regular user settings I have the box checked to show tool tips. Any idea why they're not showing up? And if it is a UI thing, can we get a toggle, pretty please?
Thanks!!!;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

the buff debuff missing tooltip is not a feature, is a damned bug that is persuing me since the day 1 ... however, now I have fixed it for good and shouldn't return :)

K

Kordullin

Pinco, the atlas still doesn't save zoom info and now the UI forgets if I've activated extra item info or deactivated legacy grid backpack on each new login. I'll try to reset mod setups in my documents and try again, maybe it's related to that.

This is 2.6c btw, the one you uploaded last night.

Edit: Nope, it's not because of any folders in User Data.

Edit 2: The legacy grid backpack thing is sporadic. If I enable and then disable legacy backpacks, it tends to stay off.

Edit 3: Skills window's a bit problematic. Attached file.

Attachments

M

mr crabs

when u pull a life bar of a monster or a person is there a way to add the % life of the person or mob in the bar u pull? the other ui i was useing had this and is verry helpful for for spell weavers when casting word of death.

THIS UI FRICKEN ROCKS BTW

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Pinco, the atlas still doesn't save zoom info and now the UI forgets if I've activated extra item info or deactivated legacy grid backpack on each new login. I'll try to reset mod setups in my documents and try again, maybe it's related to that.

This is 2.6c btw, the one you uploaded last night.

Edit: Nope, it's not because of any folders in User Data.

Edit 2: The legacy grid backpack thing is sporadic. If I enable and then disable legacy backpacks, it tends to stay off.

Edit 3: Skills window's a bit problematic. Attached file.
I've fixed the skill window problem, but I'm unable to replicate the others bugs.
In my 2 pc legacy containers, zoom and extra info are always saved...

Try to remove the Pinco's UI folder and re-install the UI.
If still not works, try to set to UOSA.exe the administrator privileges, probably there are some problem while access the documents folder.

mr crabs said:
when u pull a life bar of a monster or a person is there a way to add the % life of the person or mob in the bar u pull? the other ui i was useing had this and is verry helpful for for spell weavers when casting word of death.
Maybe in the next version will be available :p

S

Scotia

Pinco,

I gotta say I LOVE your UI, thank you for all that you do! I just found it about a week ago (returning player after a 3 yr break).

Anyhow I wanted to ask you, if you had thought about putting the ability to heal/Cure our pets on the life bar? I forget now which UI that was that I used but it had that ability. I'm not sure how many other tamers would use it but I found it to be very helpful.

Again thank you and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

P.S. Donation in the bag! ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

great idea, I'll put the heal/cure on healthbar and maybe on the pet window :)

K

Kordullin

Try to remove the Pinco's UI folder and re-install the UI.
I always do that. And I'm running EC with admin rights already. I'll try checking my usersettings.xml (and modsettings) to see if there's any remnant bits left over from other mods that's causing it.

If anyone else has problems with the legacy grid backpack turning on randomly, do this:

Turn Legacy Grid Backpack off.
Turn Legacy Backpack on, then off.
Open your backpack, resize.

Anyway, it's awesome already, I can't imagine how awesomer it'll be in a few months :)

Edit: I think I'm going mad. I'm sure toggling between atlas and radar kept the atlas' zoom value, but even after clearing everything (ui's, usersettings.xml, you name it) it doesn't save. False alarm, I guess.

Edit 2: Another bug. Object speech, such as Tillerman or trash bin speech only shows for a fraction of a second for some reason.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

if you find the way to replicate the bug, I'll be glad to fix it :D
in the meantime...

Code:
- Fixed a bug that block the buff/debuff icon tooltips.
- Changed the danger bar and perfection bar tooltip, now use the item properties model.
- Fixed the skill window tab width.
- Added the life percentage to the healthbars
- Fixed the problem with the "Ignore Player by Target" menu command that always shows the settings window.
- Now you'll be able to scale healthbars.
- Added heal/cure to healthbars and pet window healthbars (with negative act check).
- Added the "PANIC!" center screen message for slasher/stygian dragon true fear ability.

V

VorteXPete

Wow pinco amazing job! Could you add the extra info that dermott has by the buffs like folowers,gold,luck?So used to seeing that info there.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

already asked, but you can easily make a little hotbar and drag the needed info from the character sheet...

M

miniciti

:D
in the meantime...

- Fixed a bug that block the buff/debuff icon tooltips.
- Changed the danger bar and perfection bar tooltip, now use the item properties model.
- Fixed the skill window tab width.
- Added the life percentage to the healthbars
- Fixed the problem with the "Ignore Player by Target" menu command that always shows the settings window.
- Now you'll be able to scale healthbars.
- Added heal/cure to healthbars and pet window healthbars (with negative act check).
- Added the "PANIC!" center screen message for slasher/stygian dragon true fear ability.
AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much!:thumbup1:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Code:
- Now the menu bar is snappable.
- Removed some unused textures.
- The menu bar now is full compatible with the texture packs available in the download area.
- Moved the Trapbox settings and the toggle hourglass into the general menu.
- You can attach windows onto the diablo healthbars
- The hotbars now will snap better onto the status window.
- The hp, mana and stamina text value of the status window has been moved into a side panel (visible only if the text value are enabled)
- Added a toggle for the object handle window.

M

miniciti

Can we get Arch Cure instead of Cure for the buttons on the pet bar and health bars?
Maybe an option for chiv heal/cure, too?

I'm not a big fan of the numbers beside the health/mana/stam. I kinda liked the numbers on the bars. Maybe that's just me, though.

Also, is there any way to move the center text that flashes? I'd like to move it over to the right and down a bit, so it's not directly over the center action.

Also, I'm loving the hourglass. Is there anyway to set it to a hotkey? And can it be made scalable? And maybe remember the last position it was in?

Sorry if I keep asking too much. :( I love it the way it is and appreciate ALL your amazing effort!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

for chivalry heal/cure is already available, if your chivalry is greater than magery like the party healthbars :p
For the arch cure there is no problem ;)

The numbers of the status are a test actually, because on the bars are barely readable... and I think the panel is ugly... I'm thinking on something different and easy to use :p

I can't move the center screen movable, but I can bring it a bit up and keep the character visible.

Also, I'm loving the hourglass. Is there anyway to set it to a hotkey? And can it be made scalable? And maybe remember the last position it was in?
Next version will be scalable and I will made a script command to put into the hotbar ;)
the position is already save and restored...

K

Kordullin

Code:
- The hp, mana and stamina text value of the status window has been moved into a side panel (visible only if the text value are enabled)
Been repeating myself a lot, but... toggle option please! :)

Looks okay.

Slightly more problematic...

And voila, I've broken it. (Bushido under 100, maybe that's the problem?)

Can we get Arch Cure instead of Cure for the buttons on the pet bar and health bars?
Seconded. More options! MORE OPTIONS! :D

Now, on to the bug reports.

* Object Speech, such as Tillerman on non-HS boats, lockpicking messages or trash cans display only for a fraction of a second on screen. Present since 2.7. Disabling the UI fixes it, so I think it's tied to your UI.
* Perfection counter bugs up on decimals (under 100 bushido I guess. I have a sampire with 110 bushido and I don't have problems)
* Artifact Drop Messages, do they work with traditional arties and ilsh arties? I've got three from miasma last night and had no screen pop up.
* Imbuing's (Worth: Relic!) works for normal magical items, but for arties it's kinda messed up according to this post. I don't have 95.1 yet, so I can't confirm atm.
* Creating a healthbar of an item can cause an empty target window when using legacy targeting. I tried 50 different items, managed to recreate only two times. Got rid of the ghost by ctrl-r. Doubt this can be fixed.
* You are free! after a monster's paralyze comes with a second delay. Didn't work on minotaurs (guess you disabled it due to spam?) in labyrinth, but worked with enraged earth elementals' knockdown and the mystic spell boulder's knockdown.
* Backpack Lock seems to have disappeared in 2.8.

Things I'd love to see:
* Color hues for elemental damage, like elemental protection on armor.
* Toggle options! A toggle option to toggle options! :p
* A toggle to disable 'Healthbar old close' on pets, maybe.

Keep on rockin' Pinco.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

The status bar panel has been removed, was too ugly and useless :D

* Object Speech, such as Tillerman on non-HS boats, lockpicking messages or trash cans display only for a fraction of a second on screen. Present since 2.7. Disabling the UI fixes it, so I think it's tied to your UI.
I will look into.

* Perfection counter bugs up on decimals (under 100 bushido I guess. I have a sampire with 110 bushido and I don't have problems)
fixed

[quote
* Artifact Drop Messages, do they work with traditional arties and ilsh arties? I've got three from miasma last night and had no screen pop up.
[/quote]

I've used the wrong message, this time I took it from the cliloc, so it will works :)

* Imbuing's (Worth: Relic!) works for normal magical items, but for arties it's kinda messed up according to this post. I don't have 95.1 yet, so I can't confirm atm.
The value is not taken from a list, is automatically calculated and it's acceptable. Artifacts has no fixed value, sometimes you get 4 essences, sometimes 1 relic, sometimes 2 relics.

* Creating a healthbar of an item can cause an empty target window when using legacy targeting. I tried 50 different items, managed to recreate only two times. Got rid of the ghost by ctrl-r. Doubt this can be fixed.
The legacy targeting should be removed, is useless... you can simply set everything as target cursor instead of using the legacy targeting...
There is no way to fix it, because you need to use the current target for that functions, and with legacy targeting the current target does not exist!
However, I've disabled the button if you are using legacy targeting :p

* You are free! after a monster's paralyze comes with a second delay. Didn't work on minotaurs (guess you disabled it due to spam?) in labyrinth, but worked with enraged earth elementals' knockdown and the mystic spell boulder's knockdown.
It doesn't works for paralyze/paralyzing blow, or when you are against an npc mage you will see only "You are free".

* Backpack Lock seems to have disappeared in 2.8.
Sometimes happen... try to re-open the backpack for now... should be fixed in next version

Things I'd love to see:
* Color hues for elemental damage, like elemental protection on armor.
There was initially, but weapons with resistances became a mess...

* Toggle options! A toggle option to toggle options! :p
Just don't push the button :p

* A toggle to disable 'Healthbar old close' on pets, maybe.
added

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard

Code:

- Fixed a problem which prevents the cast of healing spells from healthbar buttons.
- Changed cure with arch cure on healthbars, pet and party healthbars.
- Now you can scale the hourglass.
- Now the perfection counter will be rounded in case of decimal values.
- The "create healthbar from current target" button is now disabled if you are using legacy targeting
- Fixed a rare problem which hide the lock for your backpack.
- Fixed a bug with the radar/atlas which makes really huge waypoints.
- You cannot scale anymore the object healthbars.
- Added the toggle for "Pet Healthbar Old Close".
- Fixed the general menu, now all items will works correctly.
- Fixed a bug with the overhead speech, now the item's speech is shown correctly.
- Changed the bars of the status window

M

mr crabs

this might be a noob question, but after i downloaded the last version the buff icons like when ur blessed or currsed, insteed of staying at the bottom of the health bar now drop down about 2 inches from the health bar insteed of staying tucked underneeth it. is there a way to scale it back a bit so it does not drop down so far?

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 1, 2009
Wow! big fan of the possibility to tie in other decors! Now it will be my new standard UI - thanks a million!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
this might be a noob question, but after i downloaded the last version the buff icons like when ur blessed or currsed, insteed of staying at the bottom of the health bar now drop down about 2 inches from the health bar insteed of staying tucked underneeth it. is there a way to scale it back a bit so it does not drop down so far?
in that space there is the danger bar... and no actually there is no way to bring that up...

Status
Not open for further replies.