• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Pinco's UI (coming soon...)

Just put a good 3hr shift in with your new UI, i hate to say it, but I'm warming to that garish default colour :blushing:

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco, do you by chance, wear a big red suit and employ elves in your workshop? :)

I can't get over how much things have improved since I downloaded your UI.
Completely, Utterly Amazing :)

K

Kordullin

Wow, you weren't joking when you said it'd be expansive, Pinco. I do have two requests though. I'd love to be able to move the player coords from top of the radar to the underside of the radar; and a way to scale some stuff like in Lucis', especially my status bar - it's too small for me on 1440x900 with 0.9 ui scale, and I don't want to scale the ui any higher.

Also, woot my perfection counter idea got in! :D

M

miniciti

Just wanted to show people all the options available for customization.
Also wanted to make sure I understood them all myself.:eyes:

For the text colors:
Default Name Color: this is the title of the item, right? (I've noticed that a weapon "Pike" is further explained to be a shore fish LOL)
Default Mods Color: this is like SSI 5%, or whatever and will be colored this color if less than 70% intensity, right?
Engrave, Artifacts, Set colors are self-explanatory
Alert Color: this is for what?
Danger Color: the weight will be this color if it will take you over weight limit, right? And if the durability is low it will show this color. Anything else falls under the danger color?

Physical/Fire/Cold/Poison/Energy/Chaos - these only show up colored on armor. Any way to show the damage color distribution on weapons, too?

Healing/Curse/Paralyze/Neutral: self explanatory - these are nice

Overhead Negative Color: what is an example of this?
Overhead Positive Color: what is an example of this?

You take damage/pet takes damage/Enemy take damage - NICE!!!

And then the Set Extra Info Color: What extra info gets colored? I am seeing only the 100% intensity mods colored with this and the intensity info at the bottom of an item colored this color.

All of the font selections are pretty cool, too. But what would be an example of the Overhead Damage Font? The damage numbers?

Also, some of the font selections run together and also over the close button on my computer. Here's what it looks like:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow, you weren't joking when you said it'd be expansive, Pinco. I do have two requests though. I'd love to be able to move the player coords from top of the radar to the underside of the radar; and a way to scale some stuff like in Lucis', especially my status bar - it's too small for me on 1440x900 with 0.9 ui scale, and I don't want to scale the ui any higher.

Also, woot my perfection counter idea got in! :D
Tell me what stuff you need to scale so I can do that :p
status, paperdoll, ... then?

miniciti said:
Just wanted to show people all the options available for customization.
Also wanted to make sure I understood them all myself.

For the text colors:
Default Name Color: this is the title of the item, right? (I've noticed that a weapon "Pike" is further explained to be a shore fish LOL)
Default Mods Color: this is like SSI 5%, or whatever and will be colored this color if less than 70% intensity, right?
Engrave, Artifacts, Set colors are self-explanatory
Alert Color: this is for what?
Danger Color: the weight will be this color if it will take you over weight limit, right? And if the durability is low it will show this color. Anything else falls under the danger color?

Physical/Fire/Cold/Poison/Energy/Chaos - these only show up colored on armor. Any way to show the damage color distribution on weapons, too?

Healing/Curse/Paralyze/Neutral: self explanatory - these are nice

Overhead Negative Color: what is an example of this?
Overhead Positive Color: what is an example of this?

You take damage/pet takes damage/Enemy take damage - NICE!!!

And then the Set Extra Info Color: What extra info gets colored? I am seeing only the 100% intensity mods colored with this and the intensity info at the bottom of an item colored this color.

All of the font selections are pretty cool, too. But what would be an example of the Overhead Damage Font? The damage numbers?

Also, some of the font selections run together and also over the close button on my computer. Here's what it looks like:
default name is the item names.
default mods are any props not highlighted

alert and danger color are used in many purpose, for example the alert is used when the items durability reach the 40% danger when is lower than 20%
danger is also used for race check, weight too heavy and some others

overhead negative is like the poison message "you looks ill"
overhead positive is like: "You have hidden yourself well.", "evades", "You feel yourself resisting the effects of the poison " and many others

extra info color is for the intesinty highlight and the other info like swing delay, etc...

overhead damage are the damage numbers

I hate that button since when I made the window, now you gave me the chance to remove it forever :D

S

Scoobs

It would be great if it was possible to make backpacks scale larger.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Code:
- Added the Toggle Scale Mode (allows you to scale with the mouse wheel paperdoll, containers, hotbars, status and target window)
- Removed the "Close" button on the font select window.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Pinco, only one thing that I can think of that you don't have that others have that I would like to see, and that's the ability to set frame rates higher than 60. That actually makes a significant difference in performance. Keep up the terrific work and thanks so much for breathing new life into the modding community.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Ok a couple of things.

First, when I disable paper dolls, I don't want my paper doll to be disabled, I only want other paper dolls to be disabled (actually I'm thinking this is a bug and not intended, when I enable this option I can no longer open my paper doll). And even better would be if you could find us a way of changing the default paper doll location for other paper dolls.

Second, I can't figure out how to configure the danger messages. I want to be able to right click on them to configure them, but it ain't working. Maybe I just need to do some more reading. edit: I figured this out, I was having that problem that the danger sign was showing the first time I logged in with your mod, and it was covering up the buff icons, but it sorted itself once I logged off and on again.

These aren't complaints. You are doing an awesome job.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Ok, I couple of requests. First I'd like to be able to configure the danger warning for low hit points, 20% is too low, if you are distracted and you don't notice your health, especially in a pvp situation (such as a gank), it is too late. I prefer 40%, but it would be nice if you could configure it to your preferences.

Second, you talk about big flashing danger messages in the op, but I can't find out how to configure them, or were they removed or replaced with the danger bar? I'd like to have a flashing text message like the ones you show in your op that I can place anywhere I like on my desktop (I prefer low center so I don't miss it), the danger bar under my health bar isn't enough, I will miss that in the middle of a hectic battle.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Sorry one more thing and then I'll leave it alone for a bit. I'd also like to be able to configure font sizes for overhead chat, spells etc. I'm finding the default font sizes to be too big.

Beyond that, I'm competely blown away by what you've done with your UI. I really truly am. I'll stop spewing praise now, because I don't want to get annoying, but I just want you to know how thoroughly impressed I am.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Heh, more bug reporting. When I scaled my paperdoll the new size didn't save for me.

S

Scoobs

Pinco

Thanks for the scaling change.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok, that's should fix everything:

Code:
2.1a

- Fixed the block others paperdoll. Now your paperdoll can be opened.
- Fixed the container and paperdoll scaling. Now the scale is saved properly.
- Fixed a problem with the danger bar with the first use of the UI. Now the buff/debuff bar is correctly positioned.
- Added the "Set Low HP Warning" that allow you to set the Danger Bar Low HP Warning to 20%, 30%, 40%, 50% and 60%.
Sorry one more thing and then I'll leave it alone for a bit. I'd also like to be able to configure font sizes for overhead chat, spells etc. I'm finding the default font sizes to be too big.
Next version I will add a setting for the overhead fonts size :)

Pinco, only one thing that I can think of that you don't have that others have that I would like to see, and that's the ability to set frame rates higher than 60
This goes with the fonts size next version when I get out from work :p

Second, you talk about big flashing danger messages in the op, but I can't find out how to configure them, or were they removed or replaced with the danger bar? I'd like to have a flashing text message like the ones you show in your op that I can place anywhere I like on my desktop (I prefer low center so I don't miss it), the danger bar under my health bar isn't enough, I will miss that in the middle of a hectic battle.
The center screen messages are huge and will be shown in rare occasion. Use them instead of the dangerbar is not a good thing :D
However, they cannot be removed o replaced. If you want to see one of them try to put in your backpack something really huge :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I have one more request/idea/suggestion. Some kind of stat loss timer for factions would be amazing.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have one more request/idea/suggestion. Some kind of stat loss timer for factions would be amazing.
I think I can do that, I just need to gather the message of the stat loss start (if there is one...) :p

O

Old Man of UO

I have one more request/idea/suggestion. ...
LOL... I got a good laugh out of your "one more requests", but you know, Pinco is doing a wonderful job of coming through with the features! I'm loving the Pinco UI!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

LOL... I got a good laugh out of your "one more requests", but you know, Pinco is doing a wonderful job of coming through with the features! I'm loving the Pinco UI!
I is my fav also combines the best from all the others very customizable!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm not a faction player so I need an info about the skill loss:
When you die against a faction enemy, you get the message: "Thy spirit hath been weakened!" then you have to wait 20 minutes of game play or you can wait while logged out?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I have one more request/idea/suggestion. ...
:) Ya, I know, I get a bee in my bonnet and it's usually followed by a swarm...

I have run into my first major issue with the UI. I went to a spawn and could barely move because of the lag. When I switched UI's the lag largely went away, so I'm pretty certain it's an issue with the Pinco's UI. I'm guessing it has something to do with the large number of mobiles, maybe there is a script with a bad loop or something (just a wild guess)? The lag was pretty awful, I couldn't move.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I'm not a faction player so I need an info about the skill loss:
When you die against a faction enemy, you get the message: "Thy spirit hath been weakened!" then you have to wait 20 minutes of game play or you can wait while logged out?
It is 20 minutes of game time. You get that message if you and the timer is reset if you die again. You also get that message when you log in. You get the message "Thy spirit hath recovered!" followed by the weakened message if you log in while you are in stat. When you finally leave stat you get the message, "Thy spirit hath recovered!"

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

if you are getting large numbers of mobiles try shutting your mobile window down this seems to fix it for me !
if I get over about ten its very noticeable ....sometimes even 5 in the right environment

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I have run into my first major issue with the UI. I went to a spawn and could barely move because of the lag. When I switched UI's the lag largely went away, so I'm pretty certain it's an issue with the Pinco's UI. I'm guessing it has something to do with the large number of mobiles, maybe there is a script with a bad loop or something (just a wild guess)? The lag was pretty awful, I couldn't move.
Ah, I'm wondering if it's because I enabled the "you see" messages?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yes, the you see message make a huge lag with many mobiles... is better keep it off :D
and the mobiles on screen bar should stay off or keep the number of mobiles up to 5 if you want to play without lag :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

if you are getting large numbers of mobiles try shutting your mobile window down this seems to fix it for me !
if I get over about ten its very noticeable ....sometimes even 5 in the right environment
Ah, I'm wondering if it's because I enabled the "you see" messages?
yes, the you see message make a huge lag with many mobiles... is better keep it off :D
I could try lowering the number on the mobiles bar, although every number I drop that makes it less useful. I tried disabling the "you see" messages, but it still didn't help. I still locked up with lag at the spawn. Is there any way to get scripts to run on a separate thread? I realized I'm wandering into territory that I don't understand, I'm just wondering if the scripts could run on their own thread they might be able to take advantage of multiple processors.

M

miniciti

I have noticed, too, that since using this UI that the task manager shows much larger use of memory for UOSA than before. I have to often shut it down and reboot it. Memory leak of some kind?

Although, I just did a minichamp spawn with no lag. (mobiles enabled, "you see" not enabled).

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco,

Just tried to download the UI and I'm getting a 404 error.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the download link still works for me, try to disable any kind of download manager...

I'll take a look on the lag problem now :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

here is some news:
- I found the lag problem and solved it.
- I found the memory problem, but is a game problem... still doing it with default UI too. Every time a mobile or particle effect or an item enter in your screen will be loaded in your memory, there it will stays until you don't restart the game :(
This is a HUGE bug and should be fixed by devs as soon as possible, because this is the cause of crash when corgul does fire ring!
Here is some data from memory usage with Default UI:
Client start: 159,712 Kb
Logged In: 292,308 Kb
Open Paperdoll and Backpack: 299,164Kb
Running From Home using the crystal portal to the Humility Champion (in the area without monsters): 341,108Kb
Enter the champion spawn area: 456,084Kb
Crossed the champion spawn area passing through the altar: 517,960Kb
Passing near the same group of monster will increase by 3,000Kb every times

I hope this could help :)

M

mr crabs

fricken awsome mod,

one question can u add the clock into the mod like leucius hade that u can drag around i found it so usefull?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

are you playing in full screen that you need a clock? :D

UPDATE: clock added to the next version :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Code:
- Now you can se the framerates up to 200.
- Added the "Set Text Size" option. This will allow you to increase or decrease the overhead text size (damage, spells and chat).
- Added Lucis Clock. You can enable/disable it from the general menu.
- Remade the center screen text texture.
- Included the Decors Iconpack 1.6 ([url=http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~elric/uo/ui/web/main.html][Ultima Online] Decors Iconpack[/url])
- Added a skill loss timer:
  + When "Thy spirit hath been weakened!" the timer start.
  + When "Thy spirit hath recovered!" the timer stop.
  + If you die until the timer is running, the timer will restart (no matter who kills you).
  + You can stop the counter through the context menu.
- TEST FEATURE: danger bar will blink when is active.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Code:
- Now you can se the framerates up to 200.
- Added the "Set Text Size" option. This will allow you to increase or decrease the overhead text size (damage, spells and chat).
- Added Lucis Clock. You can enable/disable it from the general menu.
- Remade the center screen text texture.
- Included the Decors Iconpack 1.6 ([url=http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~elric/uo/ui/web/main.html][Ultima Online] Decors Iconpack[/url])
- Added a skill loss timer:
  + When "Thy spirit hath been weakened!" the timer start.
  + When "Thy spirit hath recovered!" the timer stop.
  + If you die until the timer is running, the timer will restart (no matter who kills you).
  + You can stop the counter through the context menu.
- TEST FEATURE: danger bar will blink when is active.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I could try lowering the number on the mobiles bar, although every number I drop that makes it less useful.
You rock Pinco. Lag is now normal for me when I reduce the size of my mobiles bar to 8 from 12. I don't know if there is anything you can do to optimize the mobiles bar further or not, but at least I can use your UI again.
But Storm is right, I start experiencing lag when the number of mobiles on the bar reaches 10. I don't recall this happening with Lucis, so maybe there is an issue there that can be fixed.

Other than that I love all the new changes. I love the way you did the font sizes. I just flat out love this UI. Don't give up coding and become a monk or anything, ok? :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I tried with lucis and is the same lag with high number of mobiles... perhaps if the devs fix the memory problem, the lag should be solved :p

Now is the time of some graphical enhancement, until I get new ideas :D

Oh I changed the center screen text, the image is now updated :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

<--- goes to download newest version

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Code:
2.2a
- Fixed the paperdoll snap feature.
- Fixed a problem with the font selector, now is shown correctly.
- Fixed a problem with settings sub menu scale.
- TEST FEATURE: changed the blink mode of the danger bar. Now should be more visibile.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Oh, and I wanted to say thanks so much for making the low hp warning configurable. I'm going to get tired of telling you what an amazing job you are doing... :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh, and I wanted to say thanks so much for making the low hp warning configurable. I'm going to get tired of telling you what an amazing job you are doing... :D
Yw, I'm always up for good ideas :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Yw, I'm always up for good ideas :p
Actually I have a few more suggestions that I don't know if they are possible or not. I primarily use the bars on the mobiles and the pet bar for targeting etc. I generally only drag certain bars, primarily stealthers.

- I already made this suggestion, but I'm going to repeat it because it may have gotten lost in the shuffle. I primarily use the mobile and pet bars for targeting, however there is one small issue I have with them, and this applies especially to the pet bars. There is no easy way to tell if my pets are at 100% health from that bar. It would be nice if the bar changed colour, perhaps the health line could become a deeper red or something, when they are at 100% health.

- I don't know if this is something you can do, but maybe you can when you look at all the other amazing things you have done. There are two primary problems with targeting in the EC.

First if you target something that is out of range you lose your spell, ideally it would be best if instead of losing your spell you gained a target cursor.

Second when your current target invis's or goes out of range, you lose the current target. What I would like to have happen is for the target to grey out but remain your current target when they invis or move out of range.

I'm guessing you can't do anything about these two things, but like I said, based on what you've already accomplished, maybe you can.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Ok, I found another issue. I don't know if you remember the black terrain problem we had last year with the EC, well I still get this issue a bit, but not enough to be a problem. I'll run into black terrain and it will sort itself as I touch it. It doesn't happen that often, so it isn't a big deal. The really big problem with the black terrain last year was that you couldn't even enter it, it was like running into a wall.

Well today I encountered this:

The black terrain remained, but it no longer blocked movement. I've never experienced this before, so I'm thinking it is an UI issue. It was nice though that it didn't block movement. At least it wouldn't have been as likely to get me killed (this was in Fel near Yew gate)... :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I just wanted to add, I love Decor's icons, and I'm glad you added them, but her textures are also terrific.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

- about the targeting for spells I can't fix it, because requires a server response..
- the healthbars with different color when 100% can be easily done, tomorrow I'll take a look into :p

The black terrain bug has something to do with the game rendering, usually recall/teleport will fix it.
This is happening again since HS, I see this bug almost everytime I recall away from a boat in movement...

I just wanted to add, I love Decor's icons, and I'm glad you added them, but her textures are also terrific.
agree :D

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Another bug I think. My enhanced bandages icon didn't show the right number after I removed 90 bandages from my pack. It didn't recognize that I'd removed them. I was using legacy containers if that makes any difference.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

And I just thought I'd add, the stat timer appears to be working very well. Thank you.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Really been trying to avoid asking for anything as with everyone else asking it seems so wrong considering how much I enjoy the work you have done.

You have a lock for the radar, do you think you could add locking of the atlas as well? And perhaps an option to show current coordinates at all times? The lock on the atlas would be much appreciated the coordinates being show would just be a perk so I do not have to check every so often.

Thank you and great work.

S

Scoobs

If you're still looking for ideas, would it be possible to add a timer for the cooldown times for the barding skills? Appreciate that this may be complicated due to the barding specializations, but it would be really handy.

Also, when I cast vampiric embrace, there does not seem to be any way of telling when this spell is active except to check fire resistance stat. Am I missing something here?

Finally, does anyone know what the box called 'dynamic objects' is for?

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Scoobs, that dynamic objects box is great invention.
It lets you customize to a certain extent what object handles pop up when you press shift+Ctrl.
By right clicking the box you can specify 'corpse only', 'items only' & a couple other options that I can not remember at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.