• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

miniciti

this might be a noob question, but after i downloaded the last version the buff icons like when ur blessed or currsed, insteed of staying at the bottom of the health bar now drop down about 2 inches from the health bar insteed of staying tucked underneeth it. is there a way to scale it back a bit so it does not drop down so far?
in that space there is the danger bar... and no actually there is no way to bring that up...
Actually, I got this, too, on one of my toons I rarely use. I used the scale feature and eventually the danger bar and status bar snapped back together.
I'll see if I can recreate it again for a picture, but it looked like this:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX HP BAR XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX MANA XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX STAM XXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXX DANGER BAR XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXX BUFF AREA XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Playing around with the scaling seemed to snap it back together somehow.

Thanks for the scalable hourglass and Arch Cure!!!:)

M

mr crabs

aight ill try playing around thks for reply

nope tryed the scaleing and all kinds of stuff....
looks like im going back to lecius as i cant fight with the buff bar hanging down on game screen .
if ya figure it out pinco or move the danger bar or something ill be back in a heart beat as i LOVE this ui except for the bar hanging down when i put a buff on or get cursed:{

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm taking a look into this problem, I'll put a fix in the next version... this means few hours :p

M

miniciti

Something weird is going on now lol. Sometimes when I log in, the skills tracker doesn't list my skills that are in the custom tab. Also, the perfection icon isn't showing up. (Which I'm guessing is in relation to not being able to read my skills). In one of your versions, I seem to recall seeing at the bottom of the skills tracker a double white line with "Skill Points Remaining" underneath. Is there a way to get this back?

Also, I don't like the snappable status bar because now I can't get it where I want it. Is there a way to toggle off and on snappability? (lol if that is even a word!! :) )

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is the "points remaining" on the tracker... but was all tied to a evil bug who mine the integrity of the whole UI.

try to reload interface (ctrl+r) after login to fix it, next version will bring the fix :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok maybe it's just me but... could someone explain the use of the hourglass????

I'm clueless.

M

miniciti

there is the "points remaining" on the tracker... but was all tied to a evil bug who mine the integrity of the whole UI.
Evil BUG!!!:gun: Does it drop anything good if you kill it?

@ MalagAste: I use the hourglass for keeping time of something. Like spawn time in between Navrey, or how long it takes me to clear a mini spawn or a boss. Just a fun little add-on to play with. :) Not to mention, the pure entertainment value of watching it empty over and over again. Maybe other people have found more uses for it?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can also open the hourglass then click on a buff with timer ;)

I've fixed a big bug around now I'll post the new version, but I need someone to test the buff icons bug... Probably was all connected, but I'd prefer to be sure :p

Code:
2.9a
- Added the script command for hourglass. Now you can toggle it with this command macro: script Hourglass.Toggle()
- Fixed a big evil stability bug which creates lag and many other problems.
EDIT: FOUND THE BUFF ICONS BUG!!! next version will have the fix and the fix for the resize bug. The version will be up in 1, 2 hours :)

M

miniciti

I haven't been able to recreate the buff icon bug again. I know it happened when I casted protection. I've gotten on all my chars to try and recreate it, but haven't been able to.
Also, the EC just patched. O_O Hope it didn't break anything. No mention yet what was in patch that I see.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't been able to recreate the buff icon bug again. I know it happened when I casted protection. I've gotten on all my chars to try and recreate it, but haven't been able to.
Also, the EC just patched. O_O Hope it didn't break anything. No mention yet what was in patch that I see.
I found how to:

1) Enter with a character without a profile on EC
2) cast something on you (like protection)

You can fix it by scale the status then login again.

The patch was for the EC patcher only :D
Now you can avoid the full file check at startup and has an animated icon for win 7 :D

M

miniciti

Whew! Glad they didn't go and break your UI!!:)

Just found a couple other small things.
When you try to heal or cure an attackable creature, the warning gump that comes up is labeled "Drop Rune".

Also, when hovering over the pet bar, the label says "Cure" even though "Arch Cure" is casted.

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
2.9b
- Fixed the bug with the resizing window. Now you can resize everything without risk of throwing windows around.
- Fixed a problem with the buff/debuff icons, now they are attached correctly to the status window.
- Now the expired buffs will be removed correctly.
- Added a toggle for the snappable windows. If disabled all windows can be moved without docking.
- Added a word of death button on healthbars that appears when it's the right moment.
- Added a toggle for WoD on healthbars.
- Fixed the healthbars green button text now you will read "Arch cure" instead of "Cure"
- Fixed the healthbars criminal warning title.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you make a version of the notoriety circle that's just a static image instead of a particle effect? Having so many particle effects on my screen at once causes mad slowdown, and i'd still like to be able to tell a target's notoriety easily.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm experiencing another odd bug. When I first log in, my first chat message will display behind the chat prompt while I am entering it. Once I enter that first chat message it works fine from then on.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love the UI, two smallish issues though...

1) I installed the Copper Enhanced texture pack, however the hotbar icons are definately not from Copper. The ones I'm seeing are greyish with color, not coppery.

2) During EM events, the guardian mob never seems to appear in in the mobiles list - regardless of how I tic the checkboxes of the mobiles settings.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Love the UI, two smallish issues though...

1) I installed the Copper Enhanced texture pack, however the hotbar icons are definately not from Copper. The ones I'm seeing are greyish with color, not coppery.

2) During EM events, the guardian mob never seems to appear in in the mobiles list - regardless of how I tic the checkboxes of the mobiles settings.
Its only the Copper enhanced textures not the Icons. I do not really know how to explain the difference, but you are seeing Decor's Icons with Copper enhanced textures.

C

Cloak&Dagger

So using legacy targeting and using the dye tub hue picker I now have a Target window Stuck on my screen and I can not close it, need a way to close it or a way for it not to come up when doing this.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New problem:

Each time I log in, my backpack (and any container I open) opens in classic container grid view. I have not enabled this in the settings... Yet, when I look at the settings I see:

'Enable Legacy Containers'
'Disable Grid Legacy Containers'

When I change the 2nd one to disable, it is enabled again every time I log back in.

How can I get it to stay the standard EC grid view?

This wasn't happening until I downloaded today's update. (and yes, I deleted the Pinco's UI directory before reinstaling)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm taking a loot into all these new problem, you'll have an update shortly :)

O

Old Man of UO

New problem:

Each time I log in, my backpack (and any container I open) opens in classic container grid view. I have not enabled this in the settings... Yet, when I look at the settings I see:

'Enable Legacy Containers'
'Disable Grid Legacy Containers'

When I change the 2nd one to disable, it is enabled again every time I log back in.

How can I get it to stay the standard EC grid view?

This wasn't happening until I downloaded today's update. (and yes, I deleted the Pinco's UI directory before reinstaling)
I'm using version 2.9, and getting the same thing. The settings aren't being saved.

Also, another minor bug, the clock sets the time you log in but does not advance.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, another minor bug, the clock sets the time you log in but does not advance.
version 2.9 has a bad bug which stops all timers and generates lag and crashes, update to 2.9c as soon as you can!

Code:
2.9c

- Updated for the new patch settings changes.
- Now the word of death button on healthbars is not available on green and blue mobiles and your own pets.
- The grid legacy containers now are disabled by default.
- Removed the target window after picking an hue.
- Fixed the chat line begins before the "[SAY]:".
Please, let me know if the grid legacy container is fixed.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here, I know it's Decors iconpack that is used. And as much work Decors has put into it, it's just not my style (sorry, mate). I just haven't figured out how to remove them. I guess I just need to delete some files that override the original artwork, but which... :confused:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here, I know it's Decors iconpack that is used. And as much work Decors has put into it, it's just not my style (sorry, mate). I just haven't figured out how to remove them. I guess I just need to delete some files that override the original artwork, but which... :confused:
you have to remove this 2 folders:

Pinco's UI\Icons
Pinco's UI\Mods\DecorsFunctions

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Due to the presence of the Texture Packs, I've decided to remove the Decors Iconpack (from the next version) and re-distribute it separately into the Iconpacks download area.
There you will also find the copper iconpack, default slayers iconpack

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
2.9d

- Completed the update of the new client patch.
- Added the aura speed settings on the customization menu. You can choose between Static, Normal and Fast.
- Removed the Decors Iconpack. You can now choose your iconpack from the download area.
- Added the "centerscreen text position" in the customization menu. Now you can move the center screen text in the following locations: center, top, bottom, left and right
- Added the "set hotbar border color" in the customization menu.

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else having trouble when you have pets? Seems like as soon as my tamer has two pets (or tames a second animal), everything locks up completely and the way to get out of it is to quit the UO application, take the 'Pinco UI' folder out of the User Interfaces folder and restart (it often loses connection when it's locking up). And it's fine again... until I have two pets under my control again. This occurs every time I add a second pet to my control.

So far, love it other than that -- but this makes it unusable with my tamer.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
2.9e

- Fixed a critical bug with the pet window, now the lag problem is solved.
- Fixed a problem with the healthbars wod button, now it cast the right spell.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Totally awesome Pinco Thank you!

I love the Decors now I never really used it before always used Copper enhanced because I liked that and all but with all your doing I'm seriously enjoying everyones work! And I love how Decors' stuff has a clear background.

Fantastic.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another small request :blushing: - is it possible to make it so, that auto toggle war mode also works for crossing server lines? That would be very handy!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another small request :blushing: - is it possible to make it so, that auto toggle war mode also works for crossing server lines? That would be very handy!
unfortunately there is no ways to detect a server line :(

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm... I guess it's probably not as easy as to just monitor if the war mode changes without the "toggle war mode" macro being pressed?!

O

Old Man of UO

I have a small request for a feature, which will be especially helpful in champ spawn areas. Can you add a function that I can assign a hot key to:
1. Open all corpses within range,
2. Close all open corpse windows.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm... I guess it's probably not as easy as to just monitor if the war mode changes without the "toggle war mode" macro being pressed?!
the macro is automatically invoked when the war status change :(

I have a small request for a feature, which will be especially helpful in champ spawn areas. Can you add a function that I can assign a hot key to:
1. Open all corpses within range,
2. Close all open corpse windows.
- open all corpses cannot be done, there is no way to use items via script.
- close all corpses maybe :p

O

Old Man of UO

Thanks, Pinco... I'd certainly like to be able to close all the corpses at once.

I just saw this bug in the 2.9e that I didn't see in 2.9 and before - items in a vendor legacy pack are shifted to the right and down slightly. In the image below, the bloody spoon, boomerang and glaive overlap the bottom edge of the container and didn't do that before. Everything in both packs is shifted just a little.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this come from the new client patch... they changed something in the legacy container mode for enable the little games :p
However, I'll try to see what can I do about...

The close all corpses script macro will be available in the next version ;)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can do nothing for the legacy containers... however, is not a big problem from what I see :p

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow!

Thank you for being so attentive to the needs/issues of your users! Mythic could learn a lot from your commitment to the game and customer service! :thumbsup:

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question about the UI settings..

Is there a way to manually save them? If I reload the UI for any reason, my settings all revert to the defaults. I do this off and on when I switch between your UI and the book recorder, so its a frequent issue.

Thanks! :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
in the documents folder, there is the EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\<your account name>\<your shard name>\<character name>

copy the <character name> file, this is your profile :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
- Added the script macro: script EnhancePack.CloseAllCorpses() for close all corpses container opened.
- Fixed a problem with legacy container: the lock button has been removed.
- Added the book recorder (heavy modified version of Illandril mod): 
 * This tool record every book that you open into the logs directory of the game. 
 * The books are saved as <book title>.txt
 * The books keep the same text structure that you can see in game.
- The hotbar icon of attune weapon now will show the charges remaining to the shield or the cooldown if the effect is over.
- The hotbar icon of magic reflection now will show the charges remaining to the shield or the cooldown if the effect is over.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was thinking about the business of changing the health bar colour for pets when they are at 100% health. Well I have an even better idea than that. If you could "grey out" the heal and cure buttons when they aren't needed (so at 100% health the heal button is greyed out, and when the pet isn't poisoned the cure button is greyed out), that would have the same effect.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
- Added the book recorder (heavy modified version of Illandril mod): 
 * This tool record every book that you open into the logs directory of the game. 
 * The books are saved as <book title>.txt
 * The books keep the same text structure that you can see in game.

Oooo! Thank you! :)

Is this an always on feature, or did you add a button to record the book? If its always on, people may get hundreds of repetative tiny log files they don't want or care about...

O

Old Man of UO

The Enable Extra Properties settings and Item Intensity settings are not being saved, but are always disabled once you log out. Can we get it to default to being Enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.