• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: Pinco's UI (coming soon...)

Fix that link, I want to try your UI out!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

And while I'm at it, I do have a suggestion. It would be nice if the health bar in the pet window would change colour when it is at 100%, so that it is easy to tell when pet is at full health.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

another thing i noticed is the file size is 20 bytes

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*squirms with anticipation*

After experiencing lucitus's marvelous invention I have caught the mod bug.

I look forward to being able to try yours.

Just as soon as the link is fixed :)

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmmm, I tried downloading but it gave me something with an .rar extention that my itty bitty computer doesn't recognize.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

you need a rar extractor like winrar

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

next time I'll put a zip file, I use always winrar and always forget that not everyone has it :D

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

very nice mod works great for fishing love the tags on traps and the timer feature
did notice a couple of things some times the drop down mobile window will not allow for changing of what to tag (friendly etc) and also the number to display is stuck at 5 and will not allow me to change it ... also the main character bar will also get stuck other than that working great I even loaded new icons in !

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok, I figured what happen to the mobile bar option and fixed it, but I'm unable to replicate the problem on the main character bar, can you give more details?

EDIT: uploaded the fix on fly in zip format :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Well thought I'd relate my first experience with the UI. I logged in and it repeatedly attempted to open my trapped box, killed me, and put me in stat. Yes I should have logged out before it did so, but I wasn't thinking too cleary at the time... :)

M

miniciti

Wow! I love it!
The "X" marks the spot for t-maps was spot on. The Item Highlighting mod is working well. The only thing I don't like is the chat box spammed with "You see:.." messages. That's what the mobile bar is for! I am having trouble adjusting the number of mobiles shown in the mobile bar. The slider won't move from 5.

The grid legacy container is cute! But I'm still using the EC grid containers. The backgrounds on the containers looks good. Easy to spot dark objects.

The only other thing I didn't like was the notoriety highlighting. Too flashy for me. But I've grown used to it and it's all
right. I would like to be able to toggle it off or on though, if possible. I would like to see the status bars being scalable, like in Lucitus UI. No biggie if not, but I like being able to make my status bar a bit bigger for my weary eyes.
Overall, I'm quite impressed and I hope we get lots of converts to EC with it!

Here's a shot of the accuracy of the cross hairs. Makes it so nice for finding treasure!
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

The slider is not working at this time I downloaded the client again (pinco thought it was fixed) but still not working for me (i may need to remove the mod and then install had installed the icon pack and did not want to redo it again lol )

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

if you are familiar with the files you may be able to manually adjust it (have not tried yet myself)

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I only had 5 mins to test it, but my first findings:

The only thing I don't like is the chat box spammed with "You see:.." messages. That's what the mobile bar is for!
Same here, would be nice if could be toggled off.

I am having trouble adjusting the number of mobiles shown in the mobile bar. The slider won't move from 5.
dito

The only other thing I didn't like was the notoriety highlighting. Too flashy for me. ... I would like to be able to toggle it off or on though, if possible.
Yes, the problem is, that it's moving. That's pretty distracting to have some movement on the edge of your vision. I'm constantly startled and expect an attack from that direction. Again a toggle would be good.

Speaking of toggles: the main bar is pretty long with all the toggles. it would be better if they were in a tab in the user settings or in the main menu.

O

Old Man of UO

The Pinco's UI is now released!

You can download it through the UO Template Editor web site (in signature) :)
I have signatures turned off - would you mind very much adding the link to your first posting in this thread for reference?

Thanks!

ps
Got it from your profile without having to turn signatures on.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok, new version up with the fixes for mobiles on screen slidebar and I've also added the toggle for You see messages and notoriety aura (self and party).
All the toggle is under the gear button.
I've also removed 2 buttons from the menu bar, but the others cannot be moved because they shoud be quick to locate :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Put Pinco in charge of UO customer support.

O

Old Man of UO

Put Pinco in charge of UO customer support.
+1 :thumbup1:

Pinco, just a thought. There should be a better way to add new texture files. Would it be possible to add a toggle to change textures/icons on the fly, rather than having to remove and replace texture/dds files?

I hate the default look, like some of Decor Pak, really like your backpack, runebooks and spellbooks, but want the have it all!

Thanks for the great work!

O

Old Man of UO

ok, new version up with the fixes for mobiles on screen slidebar and I've also added the toggle for You see messages and notoriety aura (self and party)....
When I try to download the updated file, I get a page not found.

EDIT
Okay.. now it works... don't know why it didn't.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

+1 :thumbup1:

Pinco, just a thought. There should be a better way to add new texture files. Would it be possible to add a toggle to change textures/icons on the fly, rather than having to remove and replace texture/dds files?

I hate the default look, like some of Decor Pak, really like your backpack, runebooks and spellbooks, but want the have it all!

Thanks for the great work!
In theory if you have alternative textures, you can put them in the texture folder of the UI by following the folder structure of default.zip.

If you can tell me what textures you wanna use, I can tell you more about :p

C

Cloak&Dagger

Not completely sure if it was my computer acting up or what not but this is the first mod I have used that I would stop dead in my tracks after a few mobiles loaded on the screen. I did turn off all the mobiles not sure if that fixed it or if my computer was acting strangely. I will post back if I can get it to do it again (started posting then switched over to check something and noticed it stopped doing it, freak event maybe.)

Edit: not sure the cause of the random freezing but the "I cannot do that" spam when I am dead is somewhat annoying. (I assume its from trying to open the backpack)

O

Old Man of UO

Cloak‡1863832 said:
... Edit: not sure the cause of the random freezing but the "I cannot do that" spam when I am dead is somewhat annoying. (I assume its from trying to open the backpack)
I got this too. I thought it was left over from trying to heal myself, but you might be right about the backpack.

O

Old Man of UO

I REALLY Like it, Pinco!

A couple small bugs -
  • using hotkey to close the backpack re-opens the backpack, so it doesn't stay closed
  • The text in the Settings menu runs together - "Enable Auto-Toggle War Mode on Blood Oath" runs into the next itme "Enable extra item property info"

Also, anyway to change the default text font for the overhead labels and text?

M

miniciti

Thanks for putting a toggle for the "you see" messages and for the notoriety highlighting.
However, now, my paperdoll won't close! I'm guessing it's not sensing that I am closing it myself. I tried right clickingon the top frame of it and also clicking the red x on the paperdoll. It just keeps opening it back up. How do I close it?

O

Old Man of UO

However, now, my paperdoll won't close! I'm guessing it's not sensing that I am closing it myself. I tried right clickingon the top frame of it and also clicking the red x on the paperdoll. It just keeps opening it back up. How do I close it?
LOL... you're right! Mine does that too... I am going to see if the script works to open/close it for now until Pinco can look at it.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

I'm wondering what the EC Template Editor mod is, and how to use it. I'm assuming it belongs in the mod folder of your UI, and I'm guessing it allows you to import your characters into the template editor, is this correct?

O

Old Man of UO

I'm wondering what the EC Template Editor mod is, and how to use it. I'm assuming it belongs in the mod folder of your UI, and I'm guessing it allows you to import your characters into the template editor, is this correct?
Hmm... I'm trying to export my character and can't find the file. It says it was exported correctly, but I can't find anything.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

I am downloading the new version and i am thinking you need to install the ecmod and install that into the ec before it will work right?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ok, try again:

- Fixed the "I cannot do that" problem when you are dead.
- Fixed the paperdoll bug which reopen it after closing.
- Fixed the problem with the "Slowed Down" text, now will be shown correctly.
- Added a test feature: danger bar. Will appear when your casting/swing speed are below 0
- Added a test feature: when you log with a new character, if you confirm the default settings, it will be automatically set 0.85 as UI scale.

about the EC mod:
This mod is integrated into the Pinco's UI, just use the button in the menu bar instead of speech commands :p

using hotkey to close the backpack re-opens the backpack, so it doesn't stay closed
you have to close the backpack manually for keep it close, actually I'm unable to intercept the key event for that action.

The text in the Settings menu runs together - "Enable Auto-Toggle War Mode on Blood Oath" runs into the next itme "Enable extra item property info"
I can't replicate this...

Also, anyway to change the default text font for the overhead labels and text?
not for now, I will add some font change in the next future :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Hmm... I'm trying to export my character and can't find the file. It says it was exported correctly, but I can't find anything.
I'm trying to use the mod with Lucis Interface and when I say "I wish to export my character", nothing happens.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

You know what I'd like to see? I'd like you to get Lucitus' permission to merge his entire UI into yours, seeing as he is no longer working on his. I think the combination would rock. And use Decor's icons and textures. :) (just a suggestion)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

seems that lucis interface is not compatible with the EC mod for uo template editor.
There is a little fix doable:

1) locate the file "JournalWindow.lua" into the Lucis UI and open it with notepad.
2) locate the function "JournalWindow.ChatArrived()".
3) insert this line "UOTemplateEditor.NewChatText()" at the end of the function.

the result shoud be the following:
Code:
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]function JournalWindow.ChatArrived()
-- Add new Chat to Log
if (JournalWindow.Logging == true) then
local journal = SystemData.Text
if SystemData.TextSourceId ~= -1 and SystemData.SourceName ~= L"" then
journal = SystemData.SourceName..L": "..SystemData.Text
end
TextLogAddFilterType("JournalLog", SystemData.TextColor, L"" )
hueR,hueG,hueB,hueA = HueRGBAValue(SystemData.TextColor)
LogDisplaySetFilterColor ("JournalWindowText", "JournalLog", SystemData.TextColor, hueR, hueG, hueB)
TextLogAddEntry("JournalLog", SystemData.TextColor, journal )
end
UOTemplateEditor.NewChatText()
end
[/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Thanks Pinco. :)

O

Old Man of UO

You know what I'd like to see? I'd like you to get Lucitus' permission to merge his entire UI into yours, seeing as he is no longer working on his. I think the combination would rock. And use Decor's icons and textures. :) (just a suggestion)
You can just drag and drop the Decor's Icon folder into the Pinco UI mod. That works without having to change anything else. Looks great, too!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've just update the package with few more features:

- Added the Overhead Names font selector.
- Added the Overhead Chat font selector.
- Added a toggle for the overhead spell name.
- Added a toggle for the master sound.
- Fixed the context menu 2 lines text bug.

I've adde 15 different fonts for overhead chat and names some from diablo, harry potter and other are classic fonts like verdana, times new roman and comics sans :)

O

Old Man of UO

Wonderful job, Pinco!

Whenever do you sleep?:mf_prop:

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco, you are the man!

Thank you for putting your UI up in zip form. I thought I was going to have to wait until after Xmas when I'd be able to get an rar extractor but you have saved the day :)

Very cool mod you have. I can't imagine how many hours, days, weeks, months went into building it.

Thank you so very much for sharing it with all of us.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

You can just drag and drop the Decor's Icon folder into the Pinco UI mod. That works without having to change anything else. Looks great, too!
First thing I did!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wonderful job, Pinco!

Whenever do you sleep?:mf_prop:
I work in the UI when I play... I did the last part by fighting turkeys :D

Metalstorm said:
Very cool mod you have. I can't imagine how many hours, days, weeks, months went into building it.
It took lot of time, but still growing ;)

C

Cloak&Dagger

Having some issues with the radar map, forgot about that earlier but when I open the atlas map I can no longer see my own position on the map, even when I go back to the radar.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm unable to replicate this bug, tell me more details on how you get it.

oh and check the "Center on Player" is enabled on atlas...

C

Cloak&Dagger

I'm unable to replicate this bug, tell me more details on how you get it.

oh and check the "Center on Player" is enabled on atlas...
haha. I understand giving simple explanations but I mean my dot on the map is gone completely not that the map is off, so yes center on player being on or off same result. I am not sure how to replicate it, but when I start the client and the atlas is open I can see my position but when I open it from the radar to the atlas it seems missing. If I can figure out a pattern I will try to tell you how I get there.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

is there a way to use the original item properties highlighting mod instead of Pincos?

Because right now pincos UI only highlights the resists and not the intensities of the other properties, which is more interesting to me when browsing through loot.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

enable extra info and you'll see the intesity :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

new version up:

Code:
- Remove current target for mobiles out of sight.
- Danger Bar:
        * Turns on when something dangerous happen to your character: Reduced SSI, FC, FCR, forced to walk and low hit points.
        * There is a toggle for every single effect by using the context menu on it.
        * Works only when your SSI, FC, FCR going under 0, or you are forced to walk or your life is below 20%.
        * A tooltip will show the list of negative effects on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.