• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pinco's UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Re: Pinco's UI (coming soon...)

Thank you for putting your UI up in zip form. I thought I was going to have to wait until after Xmas when I'd be able to get an rar extractor but you have saved the day :)
There are a number of apps that are free that will handle the rar format, and many others beside. 7-Zip and IZArc are two that I've used. They are both excellent, and they are both free.

M

miniciti

Pinco, my skill total isn't showing up on the skill gump. Anbody else having this or just me? Also, when the danger warning goes off, the default position of the danger icon is right on top of the status icon. Any way to make the default danger icon show up a little to the right? That way, folks won't have to move it in the heat of battle. :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the skill total is based on your account age and if cannot been determined is 700 as default. The total is shown 5 seconds after login.

The danger bar should be between the status and buff/debuff icons and when is shutted down will stay there almost hidden...
are you trying it with the latest version?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've just uploaded the version 1.6

Code:

- Added new custom values:
		+ Toggle intensity info (enable the intensity value for each item property)
		+ Set extra info color (7 colors available)
		+ Set Text Colors (you can edit every overhead/item property color with the dye tub window)
- Fixed some text in the context menu.
With this one, my features are completely customizable.

If you find some bugs or some new ideas, just post :p

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

The download link is broken again.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So far I'm loving the mod.

Is there any future chance that the radar will get the "show coordinates" button back?
Would it be possible to lock the backpack like you can the target and status window?

I kinda feel a little guilty & selfish asking such things since there is already so much goodness packed into this mod.

Keep up the excellent work Pinco. UO devs could learn a thing or three from you and your fellow modders.

M

mr crabs

nope no work for me when i click on ur link it takes me to ur first post here the one with all the pics

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So far I'm loving the mod.

Is there any future chance that the radar will get the "show coordinates" button back?
Would it be possible to lock the backpack like you can the target and status window?

I kinda feel a little guilty & selfish asking such things since there is already so much goodness packed into this mod.

Keep up the excellent work Pinco. UO devs could learn a thing or three from you and your fellow modders.
I'll take a look in this features tomorrow, new ideas are always welcome :p

nope no work for me when i click on ur link it takes me to ur first post here the one with all the pics
Click the picture not the link :D

M

miniciti

I downloaded the latest one and the skill total is showing now. Also, I see you've moved the danger icon to under the status icon.
Can't say how happy I am with this! I love it to pieces!!

M

miniciti

OK, one more question, lol.
Is there any way to reset the ignore corpses object handle? For example, I used the object handles to open a corpse, but got the message I couldn't reach it. Then when I used the object handles again, it didn't show up. Any way to reset it so it shows them all again?

C

Cloak&Dagger

I'll take a look in this features tomorrow, new ideas are always welcome :p

Click the picture not the link :D

Since there are requests, one thing I liked from copper enhanced was the little menu under the status bar, could have tithing points, weight, gold, and a few other options displayed there, I like that is how I keep track of my weight.

....(meant to post this like 12 hours ago or more not sure why I didn't hit submit)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

OK, one more question, lol.
Is there any way to reset the ignore corpses object handle? For example, I used the object handles to open a corpse, but got the message I couldn't reach it. Then when I used the object handles again, it didn't show up. Any way to reset it so it shows them all again?
relog :p

I can make a reset button maybe :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

version 1.7 up:

Code:
- Fixed a problem with the danger bar. Now is no more active when you log in the first time.
- Now you can close the backpack with the hotkey and it will not auto-reopen.
- Added the Set Overhead Spell font. The runic font will be available only if the spell name is disabled.
- Added the gargoyle alphabet font.
- You can now lock the backpack (not in legacy mode).
- Added the player position on top of the radar.
about this:
Since there are requests, one thing I liked from copper enhanced was the little menu under the status bar, could have tithing points, weight, gold, and a few other options displayed there, I like that is how I keep track of my weight.
you can easily make a little hotbar and drag inside the stat you need (like the weight). There is no need of another window for do that :)

O

Old Man of UO

HEHE... seems Pinco is busy!

Two requests -

• Toggle on/off Paperdolls when you double click on someone else
  • Whenever I open someone else's paperdoll it opens over my spell icons in the top-right corner - this is very annoying to me. Can it remember where I closed them last time or at least let me move where it opens?
Thanks, Pinco!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

done:

Code:

- The "others" paperdoll position will be automatically saved.
- Added the Toggle Others Paperdoll.
- Shrinked the settings context menu.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Code:

- Fixed the shrinked menu bar, now will match the backpack icon position.
- Added the Debug Window toggle into the main menu.
- If the auto-toggle war mode is enabled, it will restore your war mode when invisibilized.
- Added an arrow button to the status window for open the character context menu.
- Moved the virtues button from the main menu bar into the paperdoll.
- Completely changed the default buttons on the menu bar:
(The skills button is now the General button)
        * Paperdoll
	* Skills
	* Sheet
	* Guild
	* Virtues
	* Quests
	* Map
	* Chat channel settings
A note about this:
If the auto-toggle war mode is enabled, it will restore your war mode when invisibilized.

Actually works only when someone cast invisibility in your screen and you'll being targetted.
I'm working on a better solution, but for now this is better than nothing :p

O

Old Man of UO

Downloading the update now - I just wish we could get bug requests in the game fixed as fast as this! :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Downloading the update now - I just wish we could get bug requests in the game fixed as fast as this! :D
I have not to summon the entire vatican council before doing something :p

however, I've found a better way to make works the war mode recovery on invisibility/hiding, the version 1.9a is up with that fix :)

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Link is broken, I'll have to check it out later. I can hardly wait.

You rock Pinco. I've always liked the EC but now I REALLLLY like the EC :D

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hate the ' character :D

File up again :)

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sweet!
The menu bar doesn't want to unlock for some reason.

On a positive note: OH MY GOD I love the locking backpack!!!
I can't tell you how many times I've gone to drag something out of my pack and missed it by a mere pixel and ended up dragging the whole pack across the screen. Problem solved :)

EA/Mythic should seriously consider putting you on the payroll. I mean it.

Luticus's interface and now yours have really opened the game up.
Interacting with the game world is so enjoyable now and it's all thanks to you guys doing your thing for the love of the game. It is truely priceless.

Oh and thank you for putting the coordinates on the radar. My fisherman owes you his first born :D

Edit: I like what you did with the menu bar by the way. All the windows (skills, char, etc..) on one gump is way cool.

M

miniciti

Wow Pinco! This is amazing. I am still overwhelmed with all the new toys!
I was playing around with the commands and was wondering where do the screenies get saved? Was trying to find them, but can't seem to find where they are saved. I use windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Also, a few times when using the command, I got the following result:
little pink box with text saying "missing".
Any idea what's going on?

Attachments

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow Pinco! This is amazing. I am still overwhelmed with all the new toys!
I was playing around with the commands and was wondering where do the screenies get saved? Was trying to find them, but can't seem to find where they are saved. I use windows 7 if that makes a difference.

Also, a few times when using the command, I got the following result:
little pink box with text saying "missing".
Any idea what's going on?
the screenshot command prepare a window with the item inside, but you have to use the stamp button and cut the image :)
Is just useful for have the item with a plain background easy to cut with a graphical program ;)

You can't make screenshot of mobiles, only items... so probably the "missing" error is because you targetted the wrong thing :p

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Here is another fix pack :)

Code:
1.9b

- Fixed a bug with the menu bar that doesn't lock.
- You are now unable to target mobiles or static item when using the following tools:
	* UO Template Editor Tools
	* Get Hue/Color ID
	* Screenshot Helper
- The target window will not appear anymore when you use the following tools:
	* UO Template Editor Tools
	* Get Hue/Color ID
	* Screenshot Helper

O

Old Man of UO

Pinco,

can you explain in detail how to use the UO Template Editor Tools function? I've saved and saved my character with the menu tool, but no file is ever saved to my computer. I can't find any file to import with the UO Template Editor.

Do I need UOAssist to get this tool to work?

Do I have to target myself before using the Editor Tool?

What is the file extension that gets saved with the Tool?

Where (which folder) does the file get saved?

Thanks - I think this is a valuable tool and am trying hard to get it to work, but doesn't.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In the UO Template Editor manual is explained all detailed :p

However, once exported, you have to go inside UO Template Editor and use the proper command.
For example. If you have exported your character, just go into the stat/skill window and click the button for import from EC.

For items it's all in the item maker. However, as I said the manual explain all :)

O

Old Man of UO

In the UO Template Editor manual is explained all detailed :p

However, once exported, you have to go inside UO Template Editor and use the proper command.
For example. If you have exported your character, just go into the stat/skill window and click the button for import from EC.

For items it's all in the item maker. However, as I said the manual explain all :)
Did you remove the EC Mod to make the Editor work? I can't find the file.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There is no file after export. It just fill the data inside the program then you have to save it manually...
In the pinco UI there is no need of install the EC mod, just use the button on the menu bar

O

Old Man of UO

There is no file after export. It just fill the data inside the program then you have to save it manually...
In the pinco UI there is no need of install the EC mod, just use the button on the menu bar
Ahh... my problem was that I didn't run it as Administrator. It would let me run the Editor but would not import the character data.

Very strange, but all is good now!

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm loving it so far, Pinco! Great work! I like that it uses hotbar graphics/etc that are closer to the defaults. I'm one of the weirdos that actually likes the default skin :)

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

default skin is not bad for me ;)

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow, I thought I was the only weirdo that liked the default skin :)

Thanks for fixing the menu bar lock Pinco.

M

miniciti

the screenshot command prepare a window with the item inside, but you have to use the stamp button and cut the image :)
Is just useful for have the item with a plain background easy to cut with a graphical program ;)

You can't make screenshot of mobiles, only items... so probably the "missing" error is because you targetted the wrong thing :p
Thanks for explaining that. I see how it works now! Really cool feature.
Only thing now on my wish list is to make the draggable healthbars close on right click.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll work on that tomorrow morning, until that enjoy the new version :p

Code:
1.9c
- Fixed a bug with the danger bar. Now if you die you'll see "You are dead" instead of "LOW HP"
- Added the Overhead damage font and color customization.
I hope all of you could enjoy the full customization of colors and fonts :)

I'd like to hear some feedback about the target window: do you still get the target of creatures outside of view with 0 hp?

V

VorteXPete

Great job pinco love the ui,just can,t download latest version gives me a 404 not found.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the link works... try to disable any kind of download manager...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Code:
- Re-sorted the settings menu
- Added toggle cyrcle of transparency to the general menu.
- Added the Toggle for "Healthbar old close" that allow you to close healthbars with right click but remove the chance to open the context menu.
- Now the buff/debuff icons will blink when 10 seconds last to the end of any effect.
- Added the "body decay timer" into the danger bar:
 * You'll see "Your BONES will last for" when your body turns in bones.
 * The counter start and works for the first body only.
 * If you still dead and the time running off, you'll see the text "Your body is gone!!!"
 * The time shown is in HH:MM:SS

M

miniciti

- Added the Toggle for "Healthbar old close" that allow you to close healthbars with right click but remove the chance to open the context menu.

- Added the "body decay timer" into the danger bar:
* You'll see "Your BONES will last for" when your body turns in bones.
* The counter start and works for the first body only.
* If you still dead and the time running off, you'll see the text "Your body is gone!!!"
* The time shown is in HH:MM:SS
So AMAZING!!!!
You add things I didn't even know were possible.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, tested and I think its V good Pinco *tips hat*

I would have prefferd a less garish colour scheme, something like copper or stone, but that said TOP TOP job!

*claps*

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i'ts not gargish, it's default :D

if you want, you can always put the texture folder inside of my UI and use the textures from other interfaces :p

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It would be difficult to simply port over the textures from Stone or Copper and make it work with the default textures Pinco as I have taken quite a few liberties in remodeling, rearranging and whatnot both to the textures themselves and the XML involved.

I have the feeling that simply porting Copper or Stone would be quite a mess.

HOWEVER...

If you're cool with it and people want, I might be able to take some time and work up one of the two or three graphical themes to work with your UI.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you force me to spoil my next move....
I'm working on an interchangeable texture set.
There will be the basic UI, then you could download a texture set based on your taste :D

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Pinco's UI with Dermott's Design? I'm sold!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Holy crap Pinco. We're finally starting to see what the EC is truly capable of. No offence to any of the other modders, and kudos for their efforts, but you appear to be taking it one step further. :D

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion we are lucky to have all these modders. Selflessly creating a better UI with no update from the devs all their hard work could be in bin with yet another client.

I would not have a clue where to Start and really appreciate how their hard work has made UO so enjoyable for me and many others!

*bows*

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

In my opinion we are lucky to have all these modders. Selflessly creating a better UI with no update from the devs all their hard work could be in bin with yet another client.
Yes we are very lucky, and I also think that the more good stuff we get from modders with this client, and the better quality it is, the more likely the devs are to continue to develop and support this client. Face it, the modders are probably the only reason we still have the old client - I'm not saying that's a good thing, I'm just saying that the same thing could happen to this client. A healthy modding community and high quality mods will ultimately be what makes or breaks the enhanced client.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Code:
2.0b

- Now all the artifacts will be highlighted properly.
- Fixed a problem with properties list of characters/items with only 1 line.

Status
Not open for further replies.