• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is publish 98 altering the taming mastery?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I HAVE seen 170ish! Go to the trogs, run consume, and let Grobu, Lurg, and 4 or 5 trogs start hitting your pet.
My point was that it is not put on consume damage and you instantly get 170hpr on your pet for the duration of the ability. I haven't seen it on any of mine, then again I don't lore them every second to see, ( given that the lore gump then stuffs up any action you try to do next unless you close it. Another bug that SHOULD of been fixed while they were busy nerfing consume damage that not a single tamer complained about as it was not overpowered) however, when consume damage is running the hpr fluctuates from 0 up. To say it gives 170 on all pets against all mobs is just b/s. Most of the time it is around 20. Then you run out of mana and have to wait for your mana to regen until you can use it again.

Sadly I can't copy my pets over to the test center to see what damage is done to my hiryus etc as I have been playing siege and you can't character copy from there, another thing they could 'fix' but don't. None of my pets used any exploit and all were fresh tames so I will be interested to see.

Can tell you this though , I have spent HOURS and HOURS taming and training and scrolling and if they are stuff then it will be thing that is the final nail for me. I stopped by siege on my way out the door, and have been having fun, although as I am upside down in my times being from oz I tend to have to play a LOT by myself on that shard, the new pets have opened up a lot of areas for me, but getting scrolls has also been super tough. So if the work I have done over the past couple of months is destroyed well so has my enjoyment been destroyed as I am in no mood to repeat the past two months to get back to where I am and doubt I will get the scrolls again.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello

Consume damage is not used in pvp, nobody in pvp forums mentioned any issue with it in pvp as it consumes too much mana to do anything useful in pvp.

I only use consume damage to farm afk without scripts.

So the changes make complete sense to me, no issue with them.
Please tell me how you farm using consume damage afk without scripts. Do you have unlimited mana that allows CD to run continuously? If so please advise how you have unlimited mana so that consume damage doesnt run out. Also I was under the impression afk farming was against the tos.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I know me personally, I spent over 100.00 on pet bond pots. I can only imagine how much others have spent. I would NOT have done this if it weren't for the original effectiveness of Consume Dmg. This is nothing short of a scam considering the amount of money that was spent on pets...pots, stable slots...unacceptable.
In fact I was holding back taming for some time hoping for the dust to settle before starting to tame and train. After reading all the feedback I only started last week with the Tsuki and Saber. Also bought 4 potions hoping to train them up asap to replace my GD for an event this week. Also flew across shard, bought a level 3 mastery and ate it, cost me millions. And now the bad news.

They forgotten how hard it is to get a level 3 taming mastery. Just because more people have it after 2 years means it's time to nerf it.

I can't help but somewhat agree this is beginning to look like a scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In fact I was holding back taming for some time hoping for the dust to settle before starting to tame and train. After reading all the feedback I only started last week with the Tsuki and Saber. Also bought 4 potions hoping to train them up asap to replace my GD for an event this week. Also flew across shard, bought a level 3 mastery and ate it, cost me millions. And now the bad news.

They forgotten how hard it is to get a level 3 taming mastery. Just because more people have it after 2 years means it's time to nerf it.

I can't help but somewhat agree this is beginning to look like a scam.

I am not going to call names or write negative things here. All I want to ask is whether I can have my money back - transfer tokens, level 3 mastery and potions.

Dev can do as they please, I just want my money back.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been saying this about the pets just vanishing. There has to be a certain degree of expectation that a merchant has to meet regardless whether or not it's pixles. You are paying additional money to what you already pay for the subscription. This fiasco with the pets slots and the consume damage nerf is that multiplied by a million! At the very least it's bad business.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please tell me how you farm using consume damage afk without scripts. Do you have unlimited mana that allows CD to run continuously? If so please advise how you have unlimited mana so that consume damage doesnt run out. Also I was under the impression afk farming was against the tos.
Med + 30 MR suit and 40 lmc with 120 taming/lore (real) can keep consume damage active indefinitely.

Now that there's a range limit, tamers can't really farm afk with it. because the pet would eventually out-range the spell now, exactly the same way Bard songs work.

Areas that have "Direct-to-pack" drops you don't need scripts to farm afk, the game mechanics just allow you to do it.

Afk farming Is against the RoC/ToS, the problem is, the players are responsible for reporting it, and most of the farming takes place on shards where players aren't looking.
let alone the time it takes for a response to a page request. The GMs still do suspend accounts for 24-48-72 hours for unattended farming, I'd imagine after enough offenses it would be a perma ban.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me: 9 Mana Regen with 115 Med. In a Luck Suit with 135 Int/Mana. 120/120 real. Can't do much else with that suit, though. One of my other tamers has a lot more MR and can actually cast for a while with the mastery running.

And it is against the TOS, but you have to be caught doing it. If you respond, GMs don't care.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to call names or write negative things here. All I want to ask is whether I can have my money back - transfer tokens, level 3 mastery and potions.

Dev can do as they please, I just want my money back.

Money back for what? Consume damage is still pretty much the same. It just has less HP regen now, which doesn't really affect the pet at all. Your pet will still regen the damage that it takes from getting hit by physical damage. If you're facing a bunch of monsters, you MIGHT have to throw a heal or two...but I don't think it's likely. I hopped on TC earlier, went to Fel Destard, and had a bunch of Greater Dragons on mine. It didn't lose any health from them.

Admittedly, it's possible that Pub 98 isn't live on TC yet, but I didn't care enough to look into it. If it's not, I'll test again in a few days.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Real talk though. Make natural Taming/Lore/Vet actually useful again. With all the +Skills available on jewelry, everyone is running modified 120 taming with very little effort. Right now, the only benefit natural Animal Taming gives Combat Training masteries is a lower channeled mana cost. Want to lower the cap from 150HPR? Fine, I agree that's excessive (though very hard to hit, you need the right type of mobs), but at least scale it with natural taming to give some benefit/reward to those that actually raise it naturally. 30HPR cap at 90 natural taming sounds find to me. 40HPR at 100, 55HPR at 110, and 75HPR at 120 natural taming perhaps? Or some kind of scale that rewards the natural ability like most other skill masteries.
The Taming Mastery abilities already scale very sharply with real skill. There's a huge difference in the damage that Consume Damage absorbs between 115 Taming/Lore, and 120 Taming/Lore.

With 120 Taming/120 Lore (Real), and just 80 Med, 12-14 MR (Luck Suit) 40% LMC, i'm able to maintain Consume Damage indefinitely. My Mana Regeneration is just able to recoup the upkeep mana back before the next upkeep tick. If i start casting though, it dips into my Mana.

Consume Damage doesn't just provide HPR and HCI, it also absorbs damage.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can run consume damage forever. The key is to have REAL 120 taming and lore skill. The mana cost goes to 6 per "tick". With 40% LMC and decent MR on your suit you can keep it up forever. I can cast some greater heals, and it will build back up to max mana pretty quickly.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
With 120 Taming/120 Lore (Real), and just 80 Med, 12-14 MR (Luck Suit) 40% LMC, i'm able to maintain Consume Damage indefinitely.
Unsure how you are able to do that. I run around 30mr, have 110 med and only gain 1 pt of mana each time consume makes it's cycle. I know the 120/120 matters when it comes to the effects/power of Consume.. but where did anything say that it effected the mana consumption rate?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unsure how you are able to do that. I run around 30mr, have 110 med and only gain 1 pt of mana each time consume makes it's cycle. I know the 120/120 matters when it comes to the effects/power of Consume.. but where did anything say that it effected the mana consumption rate?
I tried it with a tamer that was like 105/105, and set set consume on. I ran my curser over the "buff bar" and it showed the mana cost as 12. as I raised the tamer up to 120/120 it dropped to 10, then 8, and then at 120/120 6 mana.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I tried it with a tamer that was like 105/105, and set set consume on. I ran my curser over the "buff bar" and it showed the mana cost as 12. as I raised the tamer up to 120/120 it dropped to 10, then 8, and then at 120/120 6 mana.
Good to know. Thanks!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My point was that it is not put on consume damage and you instantly get 170hpr on your pet for the duration of the ability. I haven't seen it on any of mine, then again I don't lore them every second to see, ( given that the lore gump then stuffs up any action you try to do next unless you close it. Another bug that SHOULD of been fixed while they were busy nerfing consume damage that not a single tamer complained about as it was not overpowered) however, when consume damage is running the hpr fluctuates from 0 up. To say it gives 170 on all pets against all mobs is just b/s. Most of the time it is around 20. Then you run out of mana and have to wait for your mana to regen until you can use it again.

Sadly I can't copy my pets over to the test center to see what damage is done to my hiryus etc as I have been playing siege and you can't character copy from there, another thing they could 'fix' but don't. None of my pets used any exploit and all were fresh tames so I will be interested to see.

Can tell you this though , I have spent HOURS and HOURS taming and training and scrolling and if they are stuff then it will be thing that is the final nail for me. I stopped by siege on my way out the door, and have been having fun, although as I am upside down in my times being from oz I tend to have to play a LOT by myself on that shard, the new pets have opened up a lot of areas for me, but getting scrolls has also been super tough. So if the work I have done over the past couple of months is destroyed well so has my enjoyment been destroyed as I am in no mood to repeat the past two months to get back to where I am and doubt I will get the scrolls again.
I never said it was 170 on all pets. That was an example. Also it doesn't STAY at 170. It varies depending on the number and type of monsters fighting it. LOL I guess I should have said I have seen it AS HIGH AS 170ish.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Money back for what? Consume damage is still pretty much the same. It just has less HP regen now, which doesn't really affect the pet at all. Your pet will still regen the damage that it takes from getting hit by physical damage. If you're facing a bunch of monsters, you MIGHT have to throw a heal or two...but I don't think it's likely. I hopped on TC earlier, went to Fel Destard, and had a bunch of Greater Dragons on mine. It didn't lose any health from them.

Admittedly, it's possible that Pub 98 isn't live on TC yet, but I didn't care enough to look into it. If it's not, I'll test again in a few days.
I don't believe at HPR 30 it can still do that at Destard. I recorded HPR 150. If they are the same then why do they need to reduce the cap to 30? Just leave it as it is if it is the same, and we don't have to waste time arguing and going to TCs to try out.

Why money back? Because we made decisions to buy stuff based on what the game mechanism is offering. If you pay dollars for a race car with X horse power and they remove that after you have paid in full, it is a cheat.

Instead of nerfing and making games less enjoyable and items or skills less useful, why can't they be all buffed up? New games always sell how fun it is because this and that is powerful...

UO is the other way round, every time the direction is always to make things less effective, less useful, more boring and forgettable. Until the game die of its natural death because there is nothing else we look forward to. Some players just like that one aspect of the game, and you just kill it thinking that they will switch to other so called more balanced stuff. Wrong.

Furthermore... 20 years on and still reducing the SDI of mages in pvp - for example. The mastery 3 consuming damage has been around for so long! And some guys even call to nerf sampire after it has been around for so long.

It got me thinking if these people are really doing this for the good of everyone or trying to accelerate the demise of the game.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For the last para, imagine something has been going on for YEARS and you just decided all these time it has been imbalanced and decided to switch it off. That is called - whatever - *throw my hands up*

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
peace 2 songs on = 24% damage reduction, 24% DCI, 16 HPR/MR/SR, immune to lvl 4 poisons and below, curse/bleed duration lowered
(I can destroy a Paragon Cu Sidhe with a full trained Nightmare, 2 peace songs up always and spamming fireballs and heals for ....1 minute before running out of mana).
That's 2-24%, not 24% - big difference. Plus unless you are running a 4x bard (not viable as a tamer) your mana pool will not be sustainable.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I never said it was 170 on all pets. That was an example. Also it doesn't STAY at 170. It varies depending on the number and type of monsters fighting it. LOL I guess I should have said I have seen it AS HIGH AS 170ish.
Naa didn't mean to say you were, some ppl tho are saying it as if it is all the time. I was just saying that in all the stuff i kill, ancient wyrms, miasmas, peerless bosses, shadowguard etc, and I do a lot of pvm I have yet to see ONE pet get to 170 hpr and rarely do I see it over 100, the majority of the time it is less than 70 and normally not much more than the hpr you get if you add it to a pet on training.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im really having a hard time taking any of the people in here seriously.
170HPR?????
really?
you dont think that was a bug?

being able to go make a sandwich while your pet solo's the hardest mobs in game is pretty silly.
i have never used the spell, i dont have any level 3 primers on any of my tamers so this effects me = zero.

sure is funny to watch everyone loose their pancakes over it though!
I think the only issue I have with this change is that it's 2 years late. People will understandably get upset when their routines get altered.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's 2-24%, not 24% - big difference. Plus unless you are running a 4x bard (not viable as a tamer) your mana pool will not be sustainable.
I'm sorry to tell you that real skill 120 peace + 120 music is actually 24% damage reduction+DCI, I have 35ish MR with the the 2 songs on and run 120 med.

I'm a template artist, jewels/mark's of travesty/talismans etc + kit switching and any template you can dream of is possible. I effectively have 900+ points on my current template. No need to be at the mercy of predictable templates, I ran my own version of a sampire years ago, didn't have parrying and had discord (Fient+dragon barding is too strong in pvm) ;p

This is one of the most appealing things about UO! There are actuallly so many "classes" to call your own! People think you can't do new doom unless your a sampire.....I do a good job of keeping it in!

edit - (in talkative mood!) just to add I just use EC's macro system and I hate boxing and for me personally it's what has killed off a lot of mmo's. If you aren't boxing on Lineage 2 do not call yourself a player. You can box discord very easily but I'm not going to do that. Luckily tho the Dev's included discording on a pet's template so now you can roll with an even greater template! :)

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny how it's been not working as intended for two years. I'm sorry once something like that is implimented for that long it is unreasonable to make it 500% less effective. Honestly the more I think about it the more I can understand folks being royally ticked off. Having pets that were not exploited getting their slots screwed over is really tantamount to a two month revert. I could understand how some would find this unacceptable.
Well, there was a change that upped pet power dramatically, and as such this ability also gained power. I think a nerf is fine, it's just a matter of the number. 30 is probably too low. 60ish seems much more reasonable. Either that or at least let people choose the type of damage rather than having it just be physical.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think the only issue I have with this change is that it's 2 years late. People will understandably get upset when their routines get altered.
hell, they changed how ore and wood was and called it a but and we had it that way for how many years???

i think we are seeing it now (consume damage) as a bigger problem because all of a sudden we have a LOT bigger pets that can do a lot more and can tank a lot better.
add consume damage on top of that and the bug becomes amplified.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think we are seeing it now (consume damage) as a bigger problem because all of a sudden we have a LOT bigger pets that can do a lot more and can tank a lot better.
Still tho it is physical damage only + you are running Animal Taming mastery and as we know you can only run 1 mastery at a time, the better fix would be to increase the mana cost per second leaving the tamer focused purely on looking after the pet and any spells etc cast by the tamer would warrant potentially a huge risk if that tamer's mana depletes.

As is stands if this publish is implemented taming mastery provides:
Whispering - very good tool for hard to level magic abilities
Empowerment/Consume Damage - an "ok" buff to defense, but this feels extremely limited to pvm.

Peace Tamer is laughing right now, peacemaking mastery + actually using the peacemaking skill is a far greater defense for your pet and the only thing empower/consume could offer differently is HCI or Damage increase, not nearly impactful enough so skill bonus tamer > real skill tamer for damn sure, training pets fast is taming masteries only strength. Combo spellweaving gift of Life/heal with peace and seriously what is the point of real taming skill.

Simply put for strong pvm/pvp there are far better masteries to run so why would a person subject themselves to real taming skill, stable slot and whispering? pfft. The only way this would make sense is if you were running a melee/archer tamer with pretty good mana leech hits letting the pet tank + veterinary but I wouldn't subject myself to a pvm only build.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hell, they changed how ore and wood was and called it a but and we had it that way for how many years???

i think we are seeing it now (consume damage) as a bigger problem because all of a sudden we have a LOT bigger pets that can do a lot more and can tank a lot better.
I'm not against it, I just am not surprised people are annoyed. They were annoyed about the ore and wood change too.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

What is meant by a lot bigger pets? They are still max Slot 5 not much more than the GD. It's just that we get a lot more choices now and able to tweak the specs.

I still have to use my GD to tank to get my other new pets training up by hitting side by side. A good GD is still good for certain monsters but not all. And this is Same for the new pets.

Consume damage is only good for physical damage... and funny thing is tell me which Monster gives Physical Damage and allow me to up my pets training by using consume damage without any healing. So what even if it has 10000 HPR? It ONLY consume Physical Damage!

Please qualify what you mean by "bigger" then. If not you are just one of those messing around and causing the game to get worse.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, so if you say Consume Damage is overkill, then I should be able to use it easily to train up all my pets from Slot 1 to 5 without a need to heal. Name me 5 monsters which can help get my pet with 100 HP from Slot 1 to 5 by using Consume Damage and ONLY Consume Damage. Prove to us that this is tooooo much.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
What is meant by a lot bigger pets? They are still max Slot 5 not much more than the GD. It's just that we get a lot more choices now and able to tweak the specs.

I still have to use my GD to tank to get my other new pets training up by hitting side by side. A good GD is still good for certain monsters but not all. And this is Same for the new pets.

Consume damage is only good for physical damage... and funny thing is tell me which Monster gives Physical Damage and allow me to up my pets training by using consume damage without any healing. So what even if it has 10000 HPR? It ONLY consume Physical Damage!

Please qualify what you mean by "bigger" then. If not you are just one of those messing around and causing the game to get worse.

your going on a tirade for nothing brother, all i said was i think the consume damage mastery has become front and center since the last publish because we have more people out using tamers and using other pets that are now maxed out.
an example, doing the bar in the shadowguard encounter i can take in my Dimensaurus thingy that i have maxed out at 5 slots, those fellas (pirates that are the old executioners) do a massive amount of phy damage and my pet deals out area effect lethal poison, so he can kill everything on the screen and hella fast and he gets super buffed up by the phy damage he is soaking in.
thats all i was saying.
maybe its tamers being made at loosing unreasonably high HPR on their pets that are making the game worse, hmmmmm?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, so if you say Consume Damage is overkill, then I should be able to use it easily to train up all my pets from Slot 1 to 5 without a need to heal. Name me 5 monsters which can help get my pet with 100 HP from Slot 1 to 5 by using Consume Damage and ONLY Consume Damage. Prove to us that this is tooooo much.

no.
i dont use and have never used Consume Damage and i play a tamer pretty much exclusively, so its not game ending to not use the spell or have it dialed down to a reasonable level.
what im disgusted by is people in here prostrating themselves and screaming bloody murder that an obviously way overbalanced spell has been knocked down.
im not saying 30HPR is the answer but what it was at before is definitely a bug.

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You still can't nerf a mastery so hard that it ends up being a non factor in most case scenerio's.

What huge physical damage dealers have we got? T-rex, pirates....sounds like the problem lies with bog standard AI than a "broken mastery". Lot's of other high end mobs you got no chance of being afk because they have area affect and they will shoot off towards whoever is affected.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Test Center is for..... wait for it...... testing.
im sure the Dev's have heard the complaints about it being dialed down too much, lets wait and see if they move it up some, shall we?

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Bingo, exactly how I feel.
As a mage, I was happy the tamers got their publish, it looked awesome, and put them back in the game.
I also have a tamer, I'm not as good as these other guys on a tamer, but it enabled me to play content I've not been able to do, and I've enjoyed it.
As I'm not so focused on a tamer, I'm not so affected, but I get it.
Stop training Camping and arms lore on the pet........ Loved Tec's comment last night!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They weren't unattended when I interacted with the player. We also do not publicly discuss action taken against players.
Thats really good to know. Makes me feel a lot better that they were checked for being unattended. People can be dumarses but unfortunatly thats not against tos lol.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
High mana regen suit, 180+ mana, fair amount of meditation skill.... you can run Consume Damage AND cast some spells without ever running out of mana.

Having 120/120 taming and lore also helps for the reduced cost.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
High mana regen suit, 180+ mana, fair amount of meditation skill.... you can run Consume Damage AND cast some spells without ever running out of mana.

Having 120/120 taming and lore also helps for the reduced cost.
Ok either things work differently on Siege, or this claim is a crock of crap. My tamer is 120/120/120..Ive had 18 mr on my suit as well as 120 med, and while consume runs fine on its own, as soon as i cast a single spell, im behind the curve. and I also have 191 mana, so im getting tired of reading this argument, i guess I'll stop reading them.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ok either things work differently on Siege, or this claim is a crock of crap. My tamer is 120/120/120..Ive had 18 mr on my suit as well as 120 med, and while consume runs fine on its own, as soon as i cast a single spell, im behind the curve. and I also have 191 mana, so im getting tired of reading this argument, i guess I'll stop reading them.
I have 120/120/100, 28 mana regen on suit and about 80 meditation (sometimes more depending on scrapper and bracelet I am using) and 20 focus from JOAT. Running Consume Damage will consume the mana every X-amount of seconds, but then it fully regens before the next mana hit from running the mastery. So I am able to cast some spells in the process AND eventually able to regen to full mana again, albeit slowly.

It's not a "crock of crap". Perhaps you don't have medable suit or full LMC? Not sure what to tell you there. Stay tired I guess.

True.png

Last edited by a moderator:

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you wearing non-medable armor?

You still can't nerf a mastery so hard that it ends up being a non factor in most case scenerio's.

What huge physical damage dealers have we got? T-rex, pirates....sounds like the problem lies with bog standard AI than a "broken mastery". Lot's of other high end mobs you got no chance of being afk because they have area affect and they will shoot off towards whoever is affected.
Pub 98 goes live on TC tomorrow, per the other thread. We don't know how the consume damage change will affect it. But I will go back in to Fel Destard, get a bunch of spawn on my pet, and see what happens.

Thing with Consume Damage is, you need the HP/Physical resist to be able to survive a few hits. And 5 monsters? Greater Dragon, White Wyrm, Nightmare, Rune Beetle, Cu Sidhe. Granted, 4 of those 5 will need to be trained up to tank on their own, but they can do it easily enough.

As it is now, Consume is the easymode button. Every time I've gotten a large # of mobs on my pets, I just invis, stand off to the side, and let my pet do its thing while I'm browsing Firefox. After the Publish, is it still going to be easymode? Maybe, maybe not. If it requires just a bit more effort, I'm fine with that.

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Are you wearing non-medable armor?

Pub 98 goes live on TC tomorrow, per the other thread. We don't know how the consume damage change will affect it. But I will go back in to Fel Destard, get a bunch of spawn on my pet, and see what happens.

Thing with Consume Damage is, you need the HP/Physical resist to be able to survive a few hits. And 5 monsters? Greater Dragon, White Wyrm, Nightmare, Rune Beetle, Cu Sidhe. Granted, 4 of those 5 will need to be trained up to tank on their own, but they can do it easily enough.

As it is now, Consume is the easymode button. Every time I've gotten a large # of mobs on my pets, I just invis, stand off to the side, and let my pet do its thing while I'm browsing Firefox. After the Publish, is it still going to be easymode? Maybe, maybe not. If it requires just a bit more effort, I'm fine with that.
Not sure what you are talking about, White wyrm is 50% cold and Cu Sidhe is 0% Physical Damage. Consume Damage is useless against them. Which Monster is Consume Damage useful against which we want to farm 24/7 or anything useful? I can't even find suitable ones except dragons and I won't go afK around them. And what is there to gain unless using scripts to loot and I don't use CC with 3rd party softwares.

If you can list 5 monsters where I can take my slot 1 pet to train from, using consume damage and just sit there waiting for them to go from 1 to 5. Forget about dragons, if that is the only thing Consume Damage is useful against I don't see any reason to nerf. If you can list me 5 good uses of consume damage that is an exploit like farm Shadowguard Solo without healing and get arties easily, I will rush out tomorrow to do so right away tomorrow before PUB 98 is published.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did I perform the miracle of putting like 3 mana regeneration on my suit?

you can run it on a luck suit. Show me you ask?

Reactions: Poo

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
212 mana, 120/120/120, 40 lmc, 30 mr, 100 med and med armor and I can cast consume and cast heals without running out of mana. This is on prod shards.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what you are talking about, White wyrm is 50% cold and Cu Sidhe is 0% Physical Damage. Consume Damage is useless against them. Which Monster is Consume Damage useful against which we want to farm 24/7 or anything useful? I can't even find suitable ones except dragons and I won't go afK around them. And what is there to gain unless using scripts to loot and I don't use CC with 3rd party softwares.
I meant you could USE those pets to tank for your 1-slot pet. You'll likely have to dual-client though.

Also, a lot of monsters do 100% physical damage. The ones that don't, you'll need to heal against. The last time I did Shadowguard, I took both of my accounts. The tamer that had the tanking pet ran Consume the entire time for Virtuebane (Virtuebane doesn't do 100% physical, but it does help mitigate some of its damage), while my other tamer did all the legwork of keeping my Rune Beetle alive.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used consume damage on a phoenix killing the Nightmare Fairy in Sorcerer's. She took a while, but she killed it, and consume made it much easier to keep her alive while she did so. Have you actually tried the test center version?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used consume damage on a phoenix killing the Nightmare Fairy in Sorcerer's. She took a while, but she killed it, and consume made it much easier to keep her alive while she did so. Have you actually tried the test center version?
I just did again. Two videos:

- White Wyrm (trained up) vs single greater dragon.

- same White Wyrm vs multiple dragons.

Screenshots of stats available upon request.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
How did I perform the miracle of putting like 3 mana regeneration on my suit?

you can run it on a luck suit. Show me you ask?
im sorry, but this deserves a slow clap!
well played sir, well played!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have. Try it against an ancient wyrm paragon and you can REALLY see the difference between current "production" version and on Test. :)

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
212 mana, 120/120/120, 40 lmc, 30 mr, 100 med and med armor and I can cast consume and cast heals without running out of mana. This is on prod shards.
Ofcourse we can do that. The point is that you can't just use Consume Damage to do everything alone that is too powerful. It is only possible for very limited cases and if the boss only does 50% physical and hits hard, I have tested this, you will run out of mana because the hp drop too fast. If it is only useful for the few lesser boss, you call that over powered for a level 3 mastery?

Jovi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To add to the above, he will run out of mana trying to spam healing on pet with consume damage on. I have 23 mana regen with 120 med

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just did again. Two videos:

- White Wyrm (trained up) vs single greater dragon.

- same White Wyrm vs multiple dragons.

Screenshots of stats available upon request.
And I can challenge you to a PvP fight and you will win. Then we could switch accounts and you would win with my character.

Not everybody has the same playing, connection, reflex abilities. Even tho you think playing a tamer is so easy. Just because you can do something does not mean everybody can do it the same.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My response was to GarthGrey who said once he casts one heal he's behind the curve with consume up. You can actually cast quite a bit and if you are able to space heals out enough, you wont run out, if you have the gear and spec. My point was it is possible to cast and keep consume up indefinitely. Dont think chain casting was every mentioned.