• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From LS shard I miss my r/l friend Lord Alton of SiH that bought me this game as a Yuletide gift 11 years ago, but has sadly moved onto LoTR , and then there is my friend and lover of many years, L.V. !

From my current home, Legends, I miss that "Legendary" craftsman Woody of Moonglow:) Another craftsman of note was Lord Fletch, an alt char of Lady Phoenix who was my Guildmistress when I was in the might Orc Slayers:) May she rest in peace...

Annonymous User

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to play on sonoma ages ago before rl friends talked me in to baja. Back then I use to be in this guild called WaR Warriors agent Rogues. My best friend in games name at the time was attica... I always wondered what happened to him.. Or the folks that use to be Knights of the Kingdom :)

D

Dicimiie

I miss all of the people I used to hang out with at the Brit forge on Lake Superior. I'll try and keep the list short. In no particular order...

Rhaiyne
Jarun Thaks
Lara Shalhoub
Kenzo
Dagney
Sweatshop Kids
Mortivex
DKNY

It was great fun hanging out with these folks, repairing armor and weapons and making the occasional suit of armor.

EDIT: I also miss my character, Corwyn. He's currently waiting to hopefully come out of retirement some day.

P

Pandora of Baja

some of these still play but most are on catskills.
Kalex of catskills he quit and was a dear friend in and out of game. His wife Vale from catskills.
Calliope of catskills, kris lapp, red knight all of catskills and larisa or origin. There are so many that I could go on forever. Lady Sara of Baja the reporter I hear she's good and maybe someday she'll return to the game and larisa i saw logged into her char on origin awhile ago so they are all good. :)

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya, I haven't played in years. This is basically my list too. But I'll add:
Jebidya
Lord Ed McManus
Cool Disco Dan (think he is covered)
CLAIRE
The Cheeba <- probably the funniest guy I have EVER met in any mmo.
MissA
That Asian Animal Tamer Gimp Banana guy. (forgot his name)
Demon
Chuck
MR JEREMY COE I forgot his character's name but he would call me hammered all the time. Great dude
Murm and Pug
Mikey, Roar, Diekruz, Alki, Aurora Dark, Lady X. This list goes has it pretty much right. My old crew of friends.

Keep in contact guys! I'm glad I google search caught this!
I'll keep checking this thread.

umm lets see... i miss a lot of old players on chesapeake
i miss the old champs crew and others

mikey
alki
alpha II omega
mean green
warkraft
astaroth
zan
algernon
dwarf painmaker
frey
kerr
destiny
aurora dark
spyder1
amitlu
Dean
Lawnmower aka Necro
Cyrus the Virus
Aquabat Bob
Sebastian
Drake

a ton more i can't think of... and i mean a ton, the people i knew in this game in the past made the game back then, was such a blast hanging with them

roar just came back and joined UHOH, diekruz is on his way back i hear, i was always in guilds that opposed them over the years but they were cool guys, i did idocs on my thief Tom, who did you play on back then ?

really discodan and hacker? 2 gimps.... payton if u mean w payton from champs on chessy, hes a cool guy

i remember agent orange he was pretty cool, at the yew gate a lot of the time way back when, jeez its been years.... so many pks i was friends with over the years i can't even remember the names now...
el muerto annoyed me, i was in CIB with him, he got like every doom arty right after doom came out when no one else was getting anything, was lame

mikey just brokers stuff all day, crusader was a really cool dude i was in a few guilds with him over the years, murm still plays yes the original hes pugs brother

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is one of those threads that make me wish UO enforced unique names.

S

Stig

I miss Izzy as well...... along with the rest of KaS. Before he left for greener pastures he left me his account info. On occasion I will start up the account and wander around Cats just to see if anyone from days of old are still around.

Its amazing what we used to collect back then as treasures! His backpack is still packed full of "stuffs" that then was high end items.
Aye Izzy and KaS also..... I was The Token Brit ... Pleb :)

especially Nighthawk, he was fun to hang with.

Also miss Drakarah and his missus Christy from an Earlier Guild.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The friends I miss most were from my early (1998) days on Napa. DANTE was the GM of the guild OoJ and a dear UO friend. A close second would be his wife Minuet. And rounding out the top three would be Onastica, who was my sponsor and mentor when I joined OoJ.

Together these 3 players changed the way I played UO, and though I lost contact with them years ago, their legacy lives on today through players like me.

Where ever you 3 are today, thanks!

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss lots of old freinds that used to play like Fritz and all my buddies from ARA guild from Europa.But as for who i miss most it would be my lil bro.We started UO together and shared our account he mostly played on Heff and Carpathia on LS shard.He kinda quit when he joined the army and was sent to Iraq an never made it back.My best UO memories are sitting together at the 1 pc we had watching each other play and discussing the game with each other was really cool :)

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many years back..98 chessy I had a guildmate GRENDEL..such a cool guy...no matter if it was the Oger Lord room after I was just pked by Einstien, or I died trying to grab that Vanq weapon at Terrathons, he would be there to res in less the 15 seconds...everytime!

Also Lady Sundina's Mom, wow I forget her name...she gave me 50k to place my first house ever!

So many people over the last 14 years...geez thats a long time!

The boys from LOD outside the Vesper bank...the disarm thieves in Bucs (some funny stuff after I item blessed my spear)

Woot!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Great Lakes:

Wheelie. Some kid that started pk'ing me the first day I started playing until someone told him to lay off. We got to be pretty good friends after that even if he kept killing me every so ofter for the heck of it. Then one day he didn't show. Never saw him after that.

Moonglow's Sexy Thieves Guild. They stole with style, class and humor. Had you laughing while they stole you blind.

Phoenix. Seemed to know everything you ever wanted to know about lore. I met him while at the first battle of Trinsic.

blankFrank. A friend from Palace who bought me the game.

The Order of St. Mark guild. An order of Virtue.

Adam Ant. I was terrified of him.

Macy's of Moonglow. All the reds and people hanging out all the time. All the reds running past with blues chasing. Then a minute later the reds running in the opposite direction with ghosts chasing. Those were some good times. House Rules!

Baja.

Sara. There needs to be another Virtue. She exemplifies it. Grace.

vexyvixen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Lake Superior:

All of AoS Guild (Ancients of Sosaria)

Sargon
Burney
Mr. Biggs

The OSS Guild and the Guild Leader Michael Wolfe

Damion
Frost

Miss those guys and sure wish they would come back. Until then...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mala Fide' from LS

Entire Guild of OMEN (cause we liked fighting them)

MM, SX, & NERD (most play ATL) miss fighting with/against them as well.

jwauk99

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja
The Sphinx
Calyndrell
Mikie
Eeyore
Urlik Fangborne
Zorax
Sara
Xel the Wanderer
Cymidei Fier
(is angry with all of them for leaving... hehe)

Great Lakes
Aazni
Reed
Galen Wright
Chamfort
Seer Lazarus
XTerra
Andrew Bishop
All the Uruks from Bloodrock Clan
Fixxxer
Lindor Firering

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
we started on pac together and moved to ls

isabou
amberdrake
kaylie
rupert
mig aka miglareto

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much everyone from Great Lakes who was a part of the Cult of the Azure Dragons:

Gilthanas, Maigrey, Verminard, Tantra, Jada, Mystins, James, Dingo, Snarg, RJ Filthpig, Wrathchild, Speedy VonTrapp, Snippa (who's lingering around here somewhere I believe), Radagast, XJeff, and so many more of the people who -- prior to Renaissance -- formed the largest guild on Great Lakes and its biggest defender against the evils of the land.

It was such a different time, and there were so many great people in the guild. But I've missed those people for years and years. Many of them moved on from UO after UO:R forced the non-PvPers into Trammel.

Many great memories of that time though. It was a ton of fun while it lasted.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja
Great Lakes
Seer Lazarus
XTerra
Andrew Bishop
All the Uruks from Bloodrock Clan
Fixxxer
Agreed, 100%.

To that list, I'd have to add Krista, Heather, Red Devil, Kazola, Redlowwinski, Phoenix, Gurney, and a half million other names from the RP and extended communities... people who truly put the word "community" to work. Many of the folks from the Order of the Gold Dragon and the Order of the Crimson Wolves...

Sad. I miss more people than have played the game in years.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great Lakes:

Wheelie. Some kid that started pk'ing me the first day I started playing until someone told him to lay off. We got to be pretty good friends after that even if he kept killing me every so ofter for the heck of it. Then one day he didn't show. Never saw him after that.
Oh my god... It's been years since I thought about Wheelie, but I had the exact same introduction to him... he PKed me. But we got to talking, and he really was completely and totally cool. Wow. Thanks for that memory. :)

T

tuuvaak

hi old catskills :wave:

zemial (best pk partner during statloss!)
luba (also statloss pk partner :heart:)
dantrag
sage the quick
owa
fudd
black dot
nye

honorable mention edit:
xamot and tomax (the insane!)
k'taak u'll
demonic XH
SUN (cant leave them out)
thybolyhn XH
BUDO (lol, the first guild i EVER saw in UO, pre-guildstones)
COP (lol)

guilds that were fun: XH, CCC, I-P, !K!, the draxarum, devils n angels, BT!!!, team DK, other euros and french canadians that were good and annoyed me (you know who you are), etc. etc.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Early days of Catskills - Fel hanging out at the Mage Tower west of Moonglow and then later the Mage Tower Alliance Guild (MTA).
Kerros
RatBastard
Angelus Letford (spelling)
Matt Cauthon
Maud'dib

Later, saving up for a first house with:
Cling-on

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.
Hey bud. Its that time of year again eh? :)

I remember Roar well and wish I had something nice to say about him but he was a habitual trash-talker on his dexxer and did nothing but chain Disarm.
I used to kill or chase him daily and only still remember him so well because when he wasnt flagged he would always claim how great he was :(

True story. Ask the other Chessy Goldberg/Zito if you dont believe me.

More on-topic though I def miss the first person I ever met in UO on Chessy named Blackard of Isles(Blackie) and the rl friend from work that introduced me to UO, Aun Doornback/Thorkell.
more Chessy Peeps - Scarlett & her daughter from Chessy, Mags, pain in ass Yard O Beef, Hellydub and his bro-in-law who's name escapes me(he showed me how to cast ev's on roof of Marble Isle building to gain Resist a hundred years ago)
Caztor Xain, idoc champion Black Widow who bought up a few of my old Marble Isle smalls to place a killer castle,Nacho Supreme, and master account maker Bolin.
All gone I think but not forgotten.

jwauk99

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, 100%.

To that list, I'd have to add Krista, Heather, Red Devil, Kazola, Redlowwinski, Phoenix, Gurney, and a half million other names from the RP and extended communities... people who truly put the word "community" to work. Many of the folks from the Order of the Gold Dragon and the Order of the Crimson Wolves...

Sad. I miss more people than have played the game in years.

HA-HA! Those news should be on MY list too! Do you remember Redlow and his comics?! lol...

Heather from CMG
Krista of the Ranger Station
Red Devil and his Auction House
...and Basil Stag Hare
oh, and Edguardo! and all the guys from TURs. Outy, Skye, etc.

They were all great! I miss all those people.

(I was Ryak back in the day... original proprietor of The Sandalwood Box.)

Now playing Baja, and really enjoying it!

Kind regards... (I recognized your name right away, btw).

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Slaymore from GL. That man helped outfit and train so many new players for years.

And Tar Valon... I still get that 'new player' feeling when I think of old Tar Valon.

Claninwat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa here,

I still keep in touch with a few people & also played with real life friends so thats a given, but there were a few!

-Defender
-All the people who used to chill in haven from LBR through to SE.
-The guys who used to organise the Umbra peerless runs, thanks for having me along back in those days. Special shout out to Merlin and Alyx.
-Anyone else who i may have forgot (Trev for being a blackrock maniac! :gun:)

:D

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slaymore from GL. That man helped outfit and train so many new players for years.
I used to get up early to go sell the best items from my weeks treasure to Slaymore. Looking back that was one of the truly incredible things about UO. There would literally be two dozen of us or more lined up to have him appraise and make offers on our goods to stock his shop. A real, living economy. Not what we have now.

The people I miss the most in UO. Mostly from GL.

NUMERO UNO, MY PAL. DUBAR
the rest in no particular order.
Remaker
OHDEEZY
Xeno R.I.P. fallen souljah
Repoman
Creapor
Necromaster
Sierra
Spart
Freeza
Malcolm
Monkey
Dorinda

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ronde DeGuileri (sp?) from Atlantic
Xanthar and Xanthyrella from Atlantic
The entire EB2 guild including but not limited to, Ophelia, Chrisbow, Urza, Chaos Hoss
Baalzephor from Atlantic
Sandman from Atlantic

My former fellow counselors, senior counselors or SLC's from all shards.
Yea Xanthar and Sandman were great guys in rl also, back when UO was exceptionally exciting, Lord Kane you out there ?

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From LS:

Faukov
Dios De Usted
Clovis
Ender, Mazer, Lonnie of Jynxx
Red the Great, Death
Poison Ivy, Dren Kara
Spector

Lots of old friends. Some I still keep in touch with! Much fun was had.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My old guildmates - the original PGoH members.

Borg
Ser Brightblade
Wolf
Martok
Mallock
Greg
Balandar
I would agree with Coldren with these people, good thing though I still keep in touch with at least 5 of them

U

Ultimaholic

I'm still in touch with almost everyone that mattered "back in the day" in UO.

Anyone who I'm not, clearly they didn't matter enough to consider now.
Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Prolly realized how big a doooooosh you are and made personal promises to themselves never to step foot in your basement again.

P.O.S.:loser:

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so many names i remember over the years, the old CIB crew led by frey....... i met so many cool people there...

Frey, Kerr, Irea Oshanarra, Destiny Awaits, Valmar... some others

of course the old champs guild on chessy, as much as i hated the guild the made the game fun for me

VAMP on lake austin, after jughead and roadrunner left and it was led by Talon, im glad this guild is part of darkfall and has been for a long time

people that made the SHE guild a lot of fun like Justyce, Rayne, Rose Red, Bubba, Vic

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The players that I have enjoyed playing Ultima Online with and against throughout the years.

Top Ten:
Dubar
Joo
Lynk
Necromaster
Kincade
Sage
Cheech
Rheseus Monkey
Eda
Pandora

Remaker
Amanda
Freeza
Fight the Monster
Sylo
Peaches
Puffy
My brothers Kronos and MC
Sparticus
Deez
Mere
K.
Battery
Neoptolemos
Omega
Insta
Flow
Cetric
Yu Law
Grav
BlueBeard
Beerman
Cracklord
Dirty Red
Apathy
Sierrra
Gardenhose
Creapor

and many more..

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The players that I have enjoyed playing Ultima Online with and against throughout the years.

Top Ten:
Dubar
Joo
Lynk
Necromaster
Kincade
Sage
Cheech
Rheseus Monkey
Remaker
Eda

Amanda
Freeza
Fight the Monster
Sylo
Peaches
Puffy
My brothers Kronos and MC
Sparticus
Deez
Mere
K.
Battery
Neoptolemos
Omega
Insta
Flow
Cetric
Yu Law
Grav
BlueBeard
Beerman
Cracklord
Dirty Red
Apathy
Sierrra
Gardenhose
Creapor

and many more..
wow i actually remember a lot of those names... i joined FS! when they came over to chesapeake i think from GL.... cheech, necro, sage, sylo, cracklord... very cool people what an awesome guild that was for a while...

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wow i actually remember a lot of those names... i joined FS! when they came over to chesapeake i think from GL.... cheech, necro, sage, sylo, cracklord... very cool people what an awesome guild that was for a while...
You forgot Hoodwink on that list.

Hoodwink's List:

1. Shinobi - Probably the most chill guy I've ever met. Could talk with him for hours and laugh my ass off the whole time.

2. Robo - The target of every single feminist joke I ever made.

3. John Dillinger - He may have been the most polite thief I had ever known.

4. Robo's Bro(name escapes me) - Yeahhhhhhh. Blaze Cu's.

5. Bellaluna - Perhaps the one person I could never find it in my heart to rob, despite the fact I looked into her uninsured pack more times than I will ever admit.

6. Lemmiwinks - The one that didn't hate me when all was said and done.

7. Chad Sexington - Made me laugh more outside of UO than anyone else I've never met ^^.

8. Hannah, and the Husband - You two were epic :heart:.

I know I've forgotten many who do not deserve to be forgotten. If I saw you rest assured, the memories would return and you'd be on this list :).

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey bud. Its that time of year again eh? :)

I remember Roar well and wish I had something nice to say about him but he was a habitual trash-talker on his dexxer and did nothing but chain Disarm.
I used to kill or chase him daily and only still remember him so well because when he wasnt flagged he would always claim how great he was :(

True story. Ask the other Chessy Goldberg/Zito if you dont believe me.

More on-topic though I def miss the first person I ever met in UO on Chessy named Blackard of Isles(Blackie) and the rl friend from work that introduced me to UO, Aun Doornback/Thorkell.
more Chessy Peeps - Scarlett & her daughter from Chessy, Mags, pain in ass Yard O Beef, Hellydub and his bro-in-law who's name escapes me(he showed me how to cast ev's on roof of Marble Isle building to gain Resist a hundred years ago)
Caztor Xain, idoc champion Black Widow who bought up a few of my old Marble Isle smalls to place a killer castle,Nacho Supreme, and master account maker Bolin.
All gone I think but not forgotten.
Holy cow, I forgot about these awesome people too.

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you Demon Slayer, Demonous?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tantos of Selune/Ao
Heihachi
Nyarlathotep
Prince Orlando

And a few others I dont need to name.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Malcomus (GM of A/V on Chesapeake)
Knight Templar (GUildy in A/V on Chesapeake)
Blondie (Guildy in A/V on Chesapeake - Later became member of EoJ)
Gerrick (Guildy in A/V on Chesapeake)
Garen (Guildy in A/V on Chesapeake, also first person I befriended ingame period)

E

Eyes of Origin

Awww, wish someone didnt resurrect this thread..
So many people have left, just since my joining in 2007.

Missed most of all for me is

Daine from AV on Origin.
Awesome lady she was and probably still is.

I get the pleasure of still speaking to some other members who have moved on to other games, but always wonder what happened to some people :(

K

Kral

Cyanwulf....the best MOD these boards ever had.

Our own personal rocket scientist :)

T

tiggertessa2007

Im a Chessy girl, always have always will be altho i do cheat on her come idoc time lol....but all these are friends that i started UO with back in 98,99ish i miss you all

The Original Yew Crew
Class Act
Firewulf
Xavion
Fizzler
Noah

Drunk Monk
Fungus Amongus
Theif USB

and ofcourse CaT , my dear friend your closer to me than most family. i havent seen you in a month or 2 and noticed your house is gone, youll know what shard to find me on when those idocs hit if your still on. miss you my friend.

and a very beloved friend Gwydion, you my friend had the raw end of a bad deal. UO lost a treasure when they lost you

miss you all! yours truly =) XXOO Rabbit,Dixie,Baine,Envy,Eve XXOO