• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Sosarians,

Those sorely missed are far to numerous to name them all. That said, these I miss dearly:

Lord British, may the UO gods one day return him to us
Lord Blackthorn, he too will one day be needed
Nystul, Clainin, and all of the true lore characters

Nok, who once I saw more in game than on Stratics

Lord Corrigan
Lord Diltard
Lance Marshall
Durnick
Hettar
Flint
Zal
Alyssi
Alicia Windsong

Theoran and all my first friends of S|A

All my former guildmates ...

I apologize for any omitted here, it is diminishing memory rather than any lessening of their loss in my heart.

An SoS
Thank you Ancient Sosarian! I miss everyone from the shard. I don't get to play as often as I would like anymore... still have my accounts though and most of Marble Island still stands.

Durnick, Alyssi, Alicia Windsong, and of course Theoran... a Baja legend!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a) The many friends I made on Europa around Yew, Skara Brae and Deepwater player town, a couple of whom I am still in touch with in RL but pretty much all of them have gone from UO.

b) Me 12 years ago..... would be nice to be able to go back...

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been my Honor, Nok, to walk among such Legends. And you are clearly among them. The TimeLord has finally freed me from other burdens in order that I may spend more time among the Sosarians. I pray in time you are also accorded more time to spend among us.

An SoS

Thank you Ancient Sosarian! I miss everyone from the shard. I don't get to play as often as I would like anymore... still have my accounts though and most of Marble Island still stands.

Durnick, Alyssi, Alicia Windsong, and of course Theoran... a Baja legend!

A

Ashlen

All from Catskills and way back in the past.

Rendar
Redox
Weeze
Tex
Catskills Witch
Blackhawk

L

Lady_Mina

Europa,

Neonz, Icecast, Apples, Slom, Izzy, Ily, Renegade, MONTY THE gOD, Faith/Seven, Ruk, Beowolf, Jerry,

Pure/Elit
chris? is that you?

I also miss zagroth and Ultima Online(the actual player) from europa.

S

Stupid Miner

In chronological order... when I can remember it.

LS:
Hawkeye
Elise
baby Link
Dennar
Philly
Bullseye Bill
Rhiannon (his wife)
Biddy
Desaray
Grigory (MOA)
Hilda Godiva

SP:
Ginsu
Sloan

Elsewhere:
Siobhan Minos

... these are the ones i can remember at least.

K

Kratos Aurion

I have too many people I miss.

1) My RL friend, Grim Reaper who played Lake Superior. That is the only character of his I remember since his other characters were thieves and he commonly used average or NPC related names back pre-LBR

2) Laela, The Dark One and all of my former guildmates from SOS on Legends. When I first transfered to legends, they were the people I first became acquainted with and be-friended by. They are by far the best players I've ever rolled with.

3) A Fluffy Bunny from Legends. I don't know if he still plays but he was just a rad dude.

4) Savoa Fair from Legends who I'm sure still plays. Just a really great person to sit and talk with, and spawn with on Legends.

5) A Crack Fiend on Great Lakes. She is awesome and is totally missed for her spontaneous arguments and put-you-in-your-place attitude which were always very humurous.

There are an abundant of others I'd love to mention too but my college class is about to start so my time is running short! :thumbup1:

K

KanaraQ

merkle/Kanara of Atl and Hok was one of my bestest friends. She was a crazy girl, loved to PvP. Between us we racked up quite a body count back in the day...she didn't live all that far away and so she used to come over and stay with us a time or 2. She could darned near out drink me with Cap Morgan's too...
Can't believe I registered here for this...

Marikus! PM me! I'm back on your side of the country and not *too" far away. We're long over due for a drink, can you hang still? :pint:

B

Bill Gates OSD

Ronde DeGuileri (sp?) from Atlantic
Xanthar and Xanthyrella from Atlantic
The entire EB2 guild including but not limited to, Ophelia, Chrisbow, Urza, Chaos Hoss
Baalzephor from Atlantic
Sandman from Atlantic

My former fellow counselors, senior counselors or SLC's from all shards.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of people...

Malak/Nevyn and Wonderbrick most of all.

ToSS
Kezu
Yossarian
Slim/Mils
Dilly Yo
the list goes on

Hell, I miss the CoW guild that used to run around Catskills, they were a measuring stick for the rest of us if nothing else. Some of them still post here sometimes, Korik Bloodguard, Goose (NB-Cats), hell I even miss old Fuddrucker/LC my old faction leader and one of the best PvPers to ever play this game... I only really miss him because I want to kill him though. ;)

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chrissay
Bob
Jess
Joanne
Jeremy
Wilki
Binky
...and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Community reps that cared about UO and the UO community.
How could you forget the legend of UO customer Reps, Greywolfe, shame on you :p

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Lord British, certain guilds (like the Fire Society, the Sillyhood, and others long gone now)... most of all I miss my first character, bumbling and clueless, wide-eyed and amazed at the incredible new world she'd stumbled into.

Nostalgia... bah! *sniffles*

[I absolutely adored a fine, honorable young fellow called Valen Valerian, from The Fire Society. Miss him even more than I miss "me".]

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me its from when I first started the game and the old Haven Bank crew:
Etrigran
Piers
Kenneth
Badger
Majik
Darkwolf
Damon
Rob or Tristan Beltran
Guilds like D^R, DFS and DEI ( love yah Saks)

And the old villians we always seemed at odds with:
Goji
Myth
Bud (PVP)
Antorel
Torem ( back when you guild ganked lol)

Those were the magical days of the game for me :sad4:

S

Sunchicken

On Great Lakes I miss

Posion ivy and the 40 thieves...

Most of all my running partner Barney Rubble.

*sadface*

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pffft....this is going way back to the earlier days of Atlantic

GOATMAN
Vim
Lagger
Yomain
Vicelor
SiR LanCElot
Erl (who I believe just came back)
JAG
Kangajoo
Zeth
Dark Bane
Brother Joey
Brother Slammer
Joey Powergamer
Jim Beam
Jimbo Smalls
Louboa

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me there are quite a few I miss.

The first being Azhvitre. I remember when I first started playing four years ago, day after day I'd be training out by the old backsmithy shop, not really talking to anyone... And sure enough, day after day Azh would walk over and say hi until one day I finally answered him :) I still have the diamond he gave me shortly before he left, which wasn't too long after we became friends :(

There's also Adranath... The second person I ever became friends with :) We had ups and downs, but overall a very nice guy :)

Of course there's Doenut. Good ole Doey... Met him when I was in MPD before it broke up the first time. Awesome guy, doesn't play anymore, but at least he's on my FB! :D

Then there's most of the rest players that were in MPD. I'm sure some still play to an extent, but I just miss seeing them day after day :(

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From back in the days when T2A was on the shelf.

The guildmembers of Legion of Virtues (L/V)
Arcane Vartan
Scarface
Duncan MacCloud
badger
Feldorf

And as I can't remember the names due to the passage of time, the players that ran the player run town of Haven before Trammel got brought into the picture.

Scarface was a great guy & one of my oldest UO Chessy friends.

Along with:

Chuck Zito
Aun Doornbak
Blackard (craziest tinker ever who quit when he could no longer hide on the side of the road and blow people up with regularity)
Yard O Beef
Coals McSteel
Scarlet & her daughter T
Black Widow (idoccer extraordinaire who placed the original castle on Marble Isle Fel)
Mags
Any old ASC mates + the dozen or so I am completely forgetting because I am so old.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been so long now.... then when I took a break from UO....well, time seems to slip on by....

I had a very very good friend, his name was Jimmy Hsu. His characters on Atlantic were Aileen, Nobunaka, Jim Ranor, Jimmy... he and I used to play together for hours... and then sit and talk even longer.

Then there was Kitara. We did a lot for each other... once we talked about getting our characters married in game. She used to have a log cabin next to the fire deamon temple.

My first guild (that I joined) G*B. Then when the guildmaster Shadowcaster quit playing, it kind of went down hill and fell apart from there.

There would be another name on this list, celest from Atlantic. I lost touch with her a bit before I left to play EQ.... then 5 years later we reconnect over ICQ and now she is my wife in real life.

Splixx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Oddly, I do miss seeing some old names that used to PK me, on two different shards. Names that made one quiver and think, no know ...OMG IMA GONNA DIE !! :)

WyRm, VMP, Siege Perilous

Chupacabra, KOC, Chesapeake from back in the day.

Roller Girl Chesapeake *probably also a former KOC*
----
I miss seeing 'old' red names on Chessie from guilds like OiN KOC before there ever was a trammel in UO some of them were my pkin' Chesapeake neighbors.

As for friends,

I miss Azrael Europa Chessie, was friends with him in UO on 2 shards.

I miss Lord Py Lethius/ Kaisa/ Riz and most of KSS that were my friends on Siege & quit UO.

Lord Quentico Siege
Lady Pyrite Siege
Castor and Skylark Siege

Ginsu/Aeric Horn & his cast of chrs., Siege, whom rl passed away.

Lord Trannor & his rl wife both played chrs. on Chesapeake close game friends of mine whom, left UO to go play another online game, few yrs. ago.
Hola!

ChupaCABRA\Splixx

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow ! I remember folks quiverin to see your name come on the UO horizon on Chesapeake ! :) Good times way back then ...back in the day pre trammel pre AOS when Chesapeake was full of all sorts of characters.

Even yrs. later, if I see a daemon sporting YOUR name and it is memories of you and of chessie back in the day !

:) Hope rl has been treating ya well over the yrs.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS Adds comically....back in 98 when the original Queen Zen was just a newbie sworder archer on Chesapeake, I remember also getting my first ever GLORIOUS LADY title killing the following over and over and over again...

But not just any of them...only the 'ONE' sporting the name: 'El Chupacapra' would be my targeted one. I would see that name on any daemon, and only that name, :) I would think 'oooh this is war, ya going down'....and I got to be a *glorious lady* HAHA

Then, I would run around the shard, shouting... I KILLED ChupaCabra ! folks would say...wow really ? 'you' killed... him ?

T

The red mage

Can't believe I registered here for this...

Marikus! PM me! I'm back on your side of the country and not *too" far away. We're long over due for a drink, can you hang still? :pint:
Woohoo! PM sent....

Yes, I can still hang. Barely with you....

-Marikus

PS took ya long enough to find this!

Splixx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
PS Adds comically....back in 98 when the original Queen Zen was just a newbie sworder archer on Chesapeake, I remember also getting my first ever GLORIOUS LADY title killing the following over and over and over again...

But not just any of them...only the 'ONE' sporting the name: 'El Chupacapra' would be my targeted one. I would see that name on any daemon, and only that name, :) I would think 'oooh this is war, ya going down'....and I got to be a *glorious lady* HAHA

Then, I would run around the shard, shouting... I KILLED ChupaCabra ! folks would say...wow really ? 'you' killed... him ?
Too funny. =)

I miss those days 8 hours of straight PKing. I do still talk to quite a bit of old friends and enemies. A good amount of us played in Darkfall Online and I think some still do. Storm from Shadow Syndicate pointed me to this page. Agent Orange from OiN usually in our IRC Channel. Yes us oldies still use IRC. It's a must. =)

I used to have Alice Cooper on my ICQ but lost that years ago along with many other old contacts.

Not sure many old KoC play any games anymore. I keep in contact with a few...Zeke and a few others every once in a great while.

It's good to see people from those days still around. :)

Nothing like the Dread Lord days hearing everyone yell at Vesper bank.. The Banana Boyz are holding Cove again! heh

Miss most those old chaps from BBz,KoC...

Again good to see old faces.. peace

ChupaCABRA/Splixx

Splixx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Also not sure if anyone has seen these before.. These pictures are from DragonX's library.

Index of /uo

Quite a bit of old wars with KoC, OiN, Z, S, and probably much more. There are tons of pictures in there.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try having BBz as ye neighbors or OiN and all them for ye first ever UO home ! LOL I can remember tossing bandages on my porch for all the pvpin pkin everyone was doing out there fighting each other...I think my bandage droppin made me a few friends comically...since I really could not interfer with *in house pkpvpin guilds fighting to the death in me yard. . I just decorated the lawns out there with bandages ...for whomever needed em ! lol

My first ever home on Chesapeake was sold to me at cost, of the tiny lil house by a KoC. He felt sorry for the lil homeless queen and sold me my first ever SMALL on chesapeake much to the shagrin of some few of my ...neighbors that wanted that lil house.

In all those days though...dying even on me porch I never once lost my house key to anyone. I may have DIED, and I so made a lovely corpsey too, but no one ever got my house key ! I call that quite fortunate. haha

C

Crystal Canyon

I miss Sara terribly, as do many on Origin.
Where ever she is, I hope she is well. :hug:

Also miss Braelynn and Ancient. They were a trip!

Shh!

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Catskills, Grog and Rochelle.

From Siege, VmP, TnT, and nearly everyone who has left the shard.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Izzy the fool :heart:
I miss Izzy as well...... along with the rest of KaS. Before he left for greener pastures he left me his account info. On occasion I will start up the account and wander around Cats just to see if anyone from days of old are still around.

Its amazing what we used to collect back then as treasures! His backpack is still packed full of "stuffs" that then was high end items.

Neutron Bomb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My ICQ list which I've had since the 97 Beta is a list of over 300 people who I had met and talked to on Ultima. Many have gone missing since they havent logged on in 10 years. Of these people the most that I can remember were all from the guild A/V (Allies of Virtue) on the Chesapeake shard.

*Malcomus (GM of A/V)
*Blondie (Who was in A/V till the GM Malc left UO, she then went to EoJ)
*KnightTemplar (He lived 45min from me, but alas he is missing)
*Garen (First UO friend I made. We first became friends when we both bought a packhorse thinking we could ride it, thus wasting 500 gold, and 30 minutes of killing in order to buy a regular horse).
*Lord Mondain (I still have pictures to his wedding with Blondie waaayyy back on top of his large tower)
*Emmit Swimming (He had to leave UO back in like 2000 to tend to a newborn. He gave me my first house, which was a one room wooden house.)

I also miss running into the nefarious Alice Cooper. That PK was the most feared that I can remember back on Chessy.

C

ChReuter

Thinking about it, I suppose I do miss playing with certain folks.
Former guildmates in The Mercs on Atlantic, and some of the EiG members like Grey.
Izi and our two man wrecking crew when dirty Jerzy was just the two of us. FisherKing, and the regulars at wrong roof dueling from UO:R till AOS (Blanel, Oz, Lucky, Dani, Matthew, etc etc.)
Magical Bubba from beta and the early days on LS along with some other IB members like Tantrum, C***face, and Fey. Also from LS would be players like Lady Silk (The Tavern owner), and Noble PK (Never was much good at the trade, but he sure did try and besides, he was a blast to hang out with), Oh and I cannot forget the original DLS guys (I should say the real DLS as I was told someone here on stratics had claimed their history as his own) and the friendly folks of the KDoLs! There also was some folks who started around UOR that I grew fond of, Great Huskie, Tenchu, Method, and Mith.

Most of all, I miss my guildmates in The Trinsic Borrowers, and most recently TwT. (Most of the TwT players are still about, I just don't have an active account atm)

I know Im missing a lot as I played Atlantic and LS from 97 onwards, and siege for it's first few years. That's a lot of people to meet and play with.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galan the Looter -She got many items from my corpse over the years, but would always res, (after she looted) and sell me my good items back. One time she gave me better equipment, so I'd have better stuff for her to loot :)
Doesn't sound like me. Must be Belan you're thinking of.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
umm lets see... i miss a lot of old players on chesapeake
i miss the old champs crew and others

mikey
alki
alpha II omega
mean green
warkraft
astaroth
zan
algernon
dwarf painmaker
frey
kerr
destiny
aurora dark
spyder1
amitlu
Dean
Lawnmower aka Necro
Cyrus the Virus
Aquabat Bob
Sebastian
Drake

a ton more i can't think of... and i mean a ton, the people i knew in this game in the past made the game back then, was such a blast hanging with them

Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.
roar just came back and joined UHOH, diekruz is on his way back i hear, i was always in guilds that opposed them over the years but they were cool guys, i did idocs on my thief Tom, who did you play on back then ?

I miss
Frost, one of my first friends in UO when I started (Cats)
Vampiress who was originally from Cats but traveled the shards with me and was one of my best UO friends
AngelicDeceit who was also my shard traveling companion and also one of my best UO friends
Atlas who got me started in pvp (well, he and my son)
In Flames who essentially quit but still keeps his accounts active just in case
Diablos, Mr. "happy in my pants"
Lady Sounder/Jupiter
Cool Disco Dan
Hacker PvProdigy
Mo
Dothra
Mini Crippler
Payton
Chupacabra
Conspiracy
Lilyan
Budha Kahn
Solor
Blacklisted (most of them)

and many many members of MM, NfC and SX
really discodan and hacker? 2 gimps.... payton if u mean w payton from champs on chessy, hes a cool guy

There's been a lot of people to come and go throughout my time playing. The ones that immediately come to mind are;

* Chesapeake *

- Lady Ariannah
- Agent Orange
- Rastus
- Lamina
- Nos
- El Muerto
- Black Lotus
- Bailey
- Macklin
- Leonidas
- My DwB friends I haven't seen in ages (Leon, Zig) and uncertain if they're still around.

* Origin *

- Larisa
- Trinsie
- Romeo
- Rupert
- Morwyn Bethel
i remember agent orange he was pretty cool, at the yew gate a lot of the time way back when, jeez its been years.... so many pks i was friends with over the years i can't even remember the names now...
el muerto annoyed me, i was in CIB with him, he got like every doom arty right after doom came out when no one else was getting anything, was lame

I miss some more old Chessy players...

Mikey aka Parkay aka Lumberman
Crusader
Murmandamus(orig)
Rasputin
Slaveboy
Adran Blackshaft
Fisherguy

Lots of Mythndale people.
mikey just brokers stuff all day, crusader was a really cool dude i was in a few guilds with him over the years, murm still plays yes the original hes pugs brother

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I miss quite a few people. The ones I remember playing with are Priest from Cats in HuRt, Thalium from Cyn on ATL, Silverwolf from XUO (not an OSI shard but o well lol), Nut and Shin Akuma from SACK on Corefailure shard, MJ from SX/HuRt alliance on Catskills, Old School/Edan from Cyn on ATL, Sidious from SX/HuRt alliance on Catskills, Ironhide from BDS on Catskills, and I honestly can't think of the others right now.... The list goes on and on and on, i've got over 500 ppl on my ICQ list that i've had since I started playing years ago, and I don't just give my ICQ out to everyone I meet lol. Infact for the most part I try to avoid conversations in-game, I prefer talking in vent, TS, or just an ICQ message. But you know I took a break from the game in 2006 and came back in 2008, got scammed so I left imediatelly then came back in 2010 I believe it was, so there's a lot of people over the years that I just haven't been able to keep up with. Especially right off the top of my head.

That being said, the guilds in which i've been a member of that I do miss are:

BDS (my first guild ever on catskills)
CDS (catskills)
LoW (catskills)
SACK (corefailure shard)
LoW (catskills)
Cyn (atlantic)
HuRt (catskills)
ZKV (pacific, I think?)
SX alliance (loads of fun and taught me a lot, this started on catskills as well)
I can't think of anymore atm.

L

Lord Memnock

Lord British, certain guilds (like the Fire Society, the Sillyhood, and others long gone now)...
Not as gone as you might think... *winks*

*Ni!*

I miss, in no particular order:
Tethias Veneteer
Lord Noah
Mr. Spock
Rose Red
Shanra Doon
Elawyn of Yew
Ilina le Kyteler
Stormgald
Coals McSteel
Counselor Rmageddon
Themicles
Timber
Xavori
Lord Xanthio
Scarlet
Sundina
Teal
Vilfortius
Belgarion
Pfredd Mudd
Whip's pants
And everyone else I forgot to mention from The Sillyhood, The Oasis, The Duir, Name Your Poison, Paxlair, Silvervale, Mythndale, Lir, and Crossroads of Britannia. Miss you all.

Goldberg:

One of my toons' current outfits is a full set of Shadow Plate and a two handed hammer crafted and marked by Coals McSteel. I miss him too.

*Nu!*
-Lord Memnock
Guildmaster of the Sillyhood

T

Talula

Poxx - Chesapeake

I'm able to get in contact with everyone else who matters even if we're not playing the same games anymore.

S

Stig

I miss Izzy as well...... along with the rest of KaS. Before he left for greener pastures he left me his account info. On occasion I will start up the account and wander around Cats just to see if anyone from days of old are still around.

Its amazing what we used to collect back then as treasures! His backpack is still packed full of "stuffs" that then was high end items.
HI murdok

I was with Kas, you may remember my Char called Pleb.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To hell with ya'll. I don't miss you either, lol.

Actually, I miss the old MyUO crew, the old Stratics Thief forum peeps. Many days I spent more time in forum than in game back then, lol...la

Eros

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can think of quite a few things I missed the most. And most were before AOS was introduced. But I will only mention one thing. I miss the old Chaos,Order guilds. If I remember correctly, you were able to attack the oppossing guild while even in Trammel. I think by having that option to join one of the guilds and a possible chance of yourself being attacked in Trammel was exciting. And no I do not wish to move to a felucca ruleset shard.

G

grig_since98

My first guild in UO was the Cove Merchant's Guild (CMG) on Great Lakes. Though I've completely moved on from that shard, I would like to run into Heather and Gwen just to say hello. Heather was the Guildmistress and Gwen gave me my first house. I would also have to say hi (and thank you) to the original Derek the Mad for introducing me to UO in 1999. In fact, I still use one of his accounts, not to mention his naming convention. :)

-OBSIDIAN-
I used to talk with Heather quite a bit, and she was part of the group I hung out with in Austin when I went down there.

W

Wintermute56

Simon of Molitor. He was a youngster, just finishing high school. He showed my wife and I the ropes back in 99. He went off to college a few years later. He was a good kid.