• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.

B

Beer_Cayse

When I started on Pac I unknowingly selected a name the same as a very adept blue PK. One certain fellow took immense joy in killing me whenever he saw me ... even tho it only took 1 or 2 hits! Hell, I was just a tankmage in training for cripes sake!

His name was Sir Loin of Beef. Once I actually called him out via the Stratics SnR of 1999/2000 timeframe. We got it all settled (ingame) as to who I was not. He really was quite apologetic and helped me with training and lot of UO things I now take for granted.

I also miss Aisha and her alts. She (IRL) was on Stratics as the one-time Mod Leandra. Close personal friend and we had lots of fun hunting, crafting and just yakking together. Unfortunately, she died a couple years ago.

Then there is the unforgettable Mistress Vik of KoP on Pacific back then. I've since lost track of her IRL, but fun person and the only person I actually allowed to kill me without (attempted) retribution. That was when I moved to ATL from PAC ... she'd always swore she'd kill me if I did. She looted me dry and I logged off the ghost for the last time there.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss a bunch of people but I cannot remember any names due to killing lots of brain cells over the years.

Coldren

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My old guildmates - the original PGoH members.

Borg
Ser Brightblade
Wolf
Martok
Mallock
Suin Loresdottar
Fing
Balthazaar
Greg
Koopsta
Vens Bluesword
Arthil
Balandar

The people in the guild currently are great, don't get me wrong. And sometimes, one or two of the older players hop on.. But the sense of community and companionship I had when these people were always around is something I sorely miss.

Oh.. And Richard Garriott and Starr Long. Don't give a damn what happened with TR - UO is was their world, and they knew how to make it breathe.

D

Divster

but seriously my best irl m8 who I joined uo with back in 98, miss the days with playing with him and his bro on europa good times good times. Sadly he now has no time to play uo as he joined army a few years back and hasn't had enough time to play :(

B

Beastmaster

Chessie: spid3y, Doc Bleu, Karadur Atani, Hardoon, Jonny Sweatpants, and the Sillyhood.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
we started on pac together kayli (guild leader mystic dragon lords)rupert,mig(name was actualy like migleareto) we then moved to ls and rupert was the last i saw and this was a few years ago now! I am the current keeper of the mystic dragon lords guild (although the guild for all intesive purposes no longer functions )!

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple I miss most would be Celtic Knight, Gdot and a few others, used to have so much fun in the old days with them

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still in touch with almost everyone that mattered "back in the day" in UO.

Anyone who I'm not, clearly they didn't matter enough to consider now.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss
Frost, one of my first friends in UO when I started (Cats)
Vampiress who was originally from Cats but traveled the shards with me and was one of my best UO friends
AngelicDeceit who was also my shard traveling companion and also one of my best UO friends
Atlas who got me started in pvp (well, he and my son)
In Flames who essentially quit but still keeps his accounts active just in case
Diablos, Mr. "happy in my pants"
Lady Sounder/Jupiter
Cool Disco Dan
Hacker PvProdigy
Mo
Dothra
Mini Crippler
Payton
Chupacabra
Conspiracy
Lilyan
Budha Kahn
Solor
Blacklisted (most of them)

and many many members of MM, NfC and SX

J

Jhym

I miss some of my friends from back in 98/00. But they just all gradually disappeared, hopefully for good reasons. My guildmates like Cherveny all moved on as near as I can tell, as did the lovely Tellute and Dell, the quirky Bobohead, and others.

Luckily some folks like Mayor Winfield and others surrounding Paxlair are still here, even if fairly quiet these days. I miss a couple of the seers as well, it was nice to chat with them now and then when I ran into them.

Oh well, life moves on for everyone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are soo many I miss these days.

I miss most Pab.... she and I had many an adventure together.... and we often were hunting or fishing together.... was loads of fun.

I miss my former guildmates when I was in YM.....

Alexander McQuinn who taught me all about the history of the RP community on GL way back when I first started .... he took me to all the old Seer places and told me awesome stories of bravery and "evil"....

I miss Hawk the old GM of the Yew Militia .... my that was long ago.

I miss Phoenix coming to the High Council meetings and raving about seeing rabid beavers....

I miss the entire Highland Guard... they were fun....

I miss all the Orcs and Urks and even the Booga Tribe.... what fun that was!

I even miss the QdV.... was good having other Drow around.

Mostly..... I miss the people who have all gone... even Kuan Ti...

M

Mairut

Can't say I remember too many people from when I played before (I was 12ish when I first started playing). And I do believe I was the one that quit first, but anyways...
I got in touch with one person a few months after starting the game again last year... turns out he had started again too.

The only other person I'd be thrilled to see again would be Kumquat, Atl. for reasons similar to what the op said: always up for hunts or just to hang out, ever-helpful, best friend in-game.

C

canary

I miss my original guild, who have all left UO, and a TON of rp'ers who made my shard a much more colorful, interesting place to visit.

I miss days when I would walk into a rp scenario and see 20-40 people, and now it is the same 3-6 people.

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd have to say the person I miss the most would be Integrity. I don't know if anyone knows what happened to her but before I quit she helped me get a small marble workshop outside moonglow [Extreemly popular back in the day :p ] And she did so much else to help me get started such as giving me 50k which used to be alot :p oh good times :p

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not counting friends with active accounts that just don't get time to get on:

Mute/Laz - Catskills
Des/Riley - Catskills
Greythron - Even if he was a pita
Solan of Writ - Lake Superior
Eden - Catskills

I'll stop at 5!

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warhand
Sethlans
Thor Ironside
Ezekiel/WaF/Polyunsaturated Lard
Lady Maliki II (and Joshua!)
Maligor the Red
Ged, Friar Tuck, and the rest of TG
Goldie, Chelin, Angelica and the rest of th' Ocllo crowd.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
friends that have passed, developers that got exit, friends,friends no longer see on guild page or icq!! enemies that made some times intersting !!!!!!!!!

K

Kallie Pigeon

My friend who played Pinneapple and Athlon and a few others (he died irl....no ressing) and my ex-guildmistress Aileena who made the game more fun.

A

AesSedai

Chrissay
Bob
Jess
Joanne
Jeremy
Wilki
Binky
...and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Community reps that cared about UO and the UO community.
- Along that thread, Cynthe & Calandryll come to mind.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nexus, a former guild mate. We both started back around the same time. We were pals.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr Tact
Speedman
Draconi
GM Sparkle
Reba and Lars and all the EOF peeps from Napa
Larissa from Origin
Noble Scribe and Bob From Accounting on Napa

A

AesSedai

(as an aside: I saw speedman's username on the list last night. I've been hoping all is well with Larissa too... Surely we've run into each other a few times before RE, as I recognize most from your list)

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I met most of the old Dev's back when they were all still in Austin. I attended the meetups with them a few times especially when it was at the Texas Renaissance Fair. I still have one of the cloth maps with about 20 Dev sigs on it. Those were the days.

A

AesSedai

(as another aside: Hey, I went to the last Ren Fest... now I'm starting to think we might've even had a few more :pint: at the campground afterwards... hrmm)

(x: memories... Devil Woman, Aboo, umm the daughter I think was something Angel, Peaches, I forget her friends username but he was a nice man from the Htown area & I always liked his username too... and what do ya' know Cal & Cynthe were there too along with Phoenix/Vex -he was the first Dev. whose brain I got to pick a bit in person & I came prepared & left quite impressed-, can't remember if MrTact was there, pretty sure he was, but I sat and listened to him at the 2007 AGC along with Draconi and others. I believe Tact called it 'serendipitous' how we kept crossing paths & chattin' which was great as he's been one of my most respected minds behind the curtain. That was where I was shown the picture of Drac on the Vomit Comet with Richard Garriott, whom I had some great chats with at the last Austin meet that weekend along with Binky (I was one of surely several that asked him during the AGC to show up there. I also tried to get Tact, Spada & the rest of the CS crew to drop by, but they must've had more pressing matters at the time), Leuro, Jeremy the Winfield group, a few of the current Stratics staff and many other great people, like a nice woman originally from FW named Sarah... all memorable people and fun times were had. Yeah UO truly is a great community :))

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Lake Superior

Spider/Slim Shady
Shayla Moonbeam
DKNY
Crazy Mike
Oldtime
Elfie
Father Ganja

All folks that helped change my perception that UO was more than just a bunch of PK's/scum - well before Ren...

Special mention - Ima Newbie and his adventures :)

M

Malimus

Id have to say i miss running around pk'ing with my old buddy Binbs on Pacific. But that was alota years ago. We ran into each other the first time at Chaos shrine before tram. Back when that wand patch was implemented to make charged wands more powerful. There were a few bugs and it got nerfed because a harm wand could kill you in two charges. Anyway we managed to kill each other a few times before we actually got around to bs'ing and after that we teamed up and had alota good times causing havoc around britannia. Back when being PK meant something and pvp was actually fun.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people have met someone in UO that quit, and they miss seeing around, who is yours? Mine was a fellow named Roar from Chesapeake. Always a great guy to PvP with, always up to raid/do spawns, and didn't have a greedy bone in his body. Him and Diekruz were my two best IDOCing buddies.
I remember Roar; fighting against him that is hehe :). For me, my bud IAIN back in the early 2000s ;P and also Black Jack. Draktyr was pretty cool too. Ah, Boogafunk, my bro Darik. A lot on my list. I still owe Boogafunk 200k for my first house :p.

Fat Midnight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I heard Reba and Silver may come back.

The PWS and PWZ people
People I knew in RL that played (dont miss all of them)
Yautja(how many times could you get banned)
Allmachtige
Tree Gank
Baal
and whoever else that I cant remember

Edit:
Xanadu from L*R and all those ppl
D*R

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr Tact
Speedman
Draconi
GM Sparkle
Larissa from Origin
Noble Scribe and Bob From Accounting on Napa

Yes Rowan funny you should mention! I do miss my long time partner in UO Lord Bobfromacounting from Napa Valley. We were inseparable in game in taming, Thunting, spawns and any other trouble we could find to get into for many many years. I feel quite certain he and I tamed more mares than anyone in UO. You have to admit you either loved Lady Destiny and Lord Bobfromacounting or hated us :) Those were the good old days that are truly missed. Good to report though, he is still doing well in real life, just never gets on game anymore. And oh yes, Noble was a hoot too! Sure miss that Brit bank as well.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I started my UO life on the Lake Superior shard on launch day. A few months into it I met some great people whom without I would have most likely left long ago and never looked back. Here are some of the names of those that no longer play to my knowledge... I hope you are doing well wherever you are. I know at least one of you has moved on to the green acres in the sky. I am sure I am missing a few, but theses are the names that came to mind.

(AO & OSS)
Michael Wolfe
Cassandra White
Misty
Strider
Kondor & Dixie
Baldur & Baldurson (I think I have muffed the spelling)

*salute* & *bow*

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AesSedai- I used to go to Richard's Halloween parties at the real Castle Brittish in Austin. My good friends, Velvet Hammer, used to play at the party every year! I think the last one I went to was the Gangster Themed one!

This is one of those "Back in the day..." moments! And yes, I was oftent seen in the campground next to the fire with a Guiness and a drum.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One person I miss the most is someone I met when I played on Catskills named Taryn. I bought something from him via Tradespot and we hit it off immediately. I joined his guild and we became really good friends. It was my fault we lost touch (real life issues) and then I ended up leaving Catskills. I really regret losing track of him.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes Rowan funny you should mention! I do miss my long time partner in UO Lord Bobfromacounting from Napa Valley. We were inseparable in game in taming, Thunting, spawns and any other trouble we could find to get into for many many years. I feel quite certain he and I tamed more mares than anyone in UO. You have to admit you either loved Lady Destiny and Lord Bobfromacounting or hated us :) Those were the good old days that are truly missed. Good to report though, he is still doing well in real life, just never gets on game anymore. And oh yes, Noble was a hoot too! Sure miss that Brit bank as well.
I still luv ya Lady Destiny!

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simsalabim and jacob, the guys who taught my the wayz of th3 tamerz and peerlesses. Damn you WoW and your paladins!

S

Serine

I miss all from my former guild True Shadow Lords on Drachenfels
Buck
Eric Van Heyden
NAZGUL
bobban
Cant remeber more names .. been many years .

We hade so much fun in faction back in the days ..

Also i miss some pk´s from my early days in 98 (DOBBERMAN ). They made my gaming more fun , The adrenalin rushes i got was awsome .. now days i dont get any.. mostly do to insurance i think ..

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One person I miss the most is someone I met when I played on Catskills named Taryn. I bought something from him via Tradespot and we hit it off immediately. I joined his guild and we became really good friends. It was my fault we lost touch (real life issues) and then I ended up leaving Catskills. I really regret losing track of him.
I did something much like this with a person named Radish in the beginning of AoS. We became quick friends, PvPed together, etc, then one day he never logged on and his house fell months later.

S

Sindris

Chrissay
Bob
Jess
Joanne
Jeremy
Wilki
Binky
...and others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Community reps that cared about UO and the UO community.
What!? No Sunsword?! Surely the guy who turned UO into a Diablo clone deserves some recognition...