• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHO do you miss most from your UO past?

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BTW- What ever happened to Dar of Sonoma?
I don't know of a "Dar" of Sonoma, but there is a Dor of Sonoma. Is that who you mean? I know Dor did/does volunteer for Stratics and I believe she moved on to Pirates of the Burning Sea. I have not seen her post in months, but she was a great gal, helped many and the Y was a happening place back in the day.

T

The red mage

Wow...so many people I'd forget most of them.

Kamehameha of Atl was my right hand for a long time.
Talon Skyfire of Atl was an original guildy of mine, always a lot of fun. I see he went on to do some wild stuff...
merkle/Kanara of Atl and Hok was one of my bestest friends. She was a crazy girl, loved to PvP. Between us we racked up quite a body count back in the day...she didn't live all that far away and so she used to come over and stay with us a time or 2. She could darned near out drink me with Cap Morgan's too...
Leandra, of course. I'll never forget the week I spent with her and her daughter in Seattle. She was a dear person. May she rest in peace.
Misstress Vick, I met her in real when I was at Leandra's. She was a sweetie. Kinda quiet, not at all like her UO persona. Purty too =)
Emmanuel and Black Hand of Atl....those 2 were crazy fun!
Tuxqueot...that guy had a heart of gold. Grouchy at times, like a dwarf lol
Tian Mo from Hokuto...when we went in early and took over ice island, his guild paid us tribute for the honor/right to PK in "our" dungeon. THAT was some way cool stuff.

And of course I miss my adversaries. Barry Manilow, Scotty, Ninja Resolute, Mutalator and all of D*C, that list would be WAY too long.

So yeah, a lot of the people I hung out with early on went thier own way when I got deep into PvP. I miss them all in one way or another.

-the guy who played Marikus

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know of a "Dar" of Sonoma, but there is a Dor of Sonoma. Is that who you mean? I know Dor did/does volunteer for Stratics and I believe she moved on to Pirates of the Burning Sea. I have not seen her post in months, but she was a great gal, helped many and the Y was a happening place back in the day.
Yes, I meant Dor!

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oddly, I do miss seeing some old names that used to PK me, on two different shards. Names that made one quiver and think, no know ...OMG IMA GONNA DIE !! :)

WyRm, VMP, Siege Perilous

Chupacabra, KOC, Chesapeake from back in the day.

Roller Girl Chesapeake *probably also a former KOC*
----
I miss seeing 'old' red names on Chessie from guilds like OiN KOC before there ever was a trammel in UO some of them were my pkin' Chesapeake neighbors.

As for friends,

I miss Azrael Europa Chessie, was friends with him in UO on 2 shards.

I miss Lord Py Lethius/ Kaisa/ Riz and most of KSS that were my friends on Siege & quit UO.

Lord Quentico Siege
Lady Pyrite Siege
Castor and Skylark Siege

Ginsu/Aeric Horn & his cast of chrs., Siege, whom rl passed away.

Lord Trannor & his rl wife both played chrs. on Chesapeake close game friends of mine whom, left UO to go play another online game, few yrs. ago.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if ever old players that are like *institutions* on these shards ever leave UO, like

OLD MAN WINFIELD vanishes off Chesapeake,

Or Kelmo off of Siege,

I may just hang it up, throw in the towel, and leave UO !

Should be some law, from preventing *some* ancient folks from leaving UO ! :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* I am going no where sweety. Thank you. *bows*

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*smiles* I am going no where sweety. Thank you. *bows*
:) WELL the sheriff of Iantown has not put any turnips in my mailboxes on Siege, lately and YOUR tavern is still all FLAT & JUNK ! :stir:

UODJ

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For real? Reba is my ex-gf's aunt irl. If you see her around let her know I am back ingame! Tell her Eric says Hi! I know them both very well irl. Lost touch....

PM me. I can put you in touch with Reba via ICQ if you don't have hers. She logs on here and there, in game and on ICQ.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Senior Counselor Lady Awrentia "Tia"

had a heart of gold. I will always remember!

My old friends: Rameus, Nadia, BigTimm, Jon Tom and many more!

B

Beastmaster

Oddly, I do miss seeing some old names that used to PK me, on two different shards. Names that made one quiver and think, no know ...OMG IMA GONNA DIE !! :)

WyRm, VMP, Siege Perilous

Chupacabra, KOC, Chesapeake from back in the day.

Roller Girl Chesapeake *probably also a former KOC*
----
I miss seeing 'old' red names on Chessie from guilds like OiN KOC before there ever was a trammel in UO some of them were my pkin' Chesapeake neighbors.
Alice Cooper?

Queen Zen did you know Doc Bleu? He hung with KoC but I don't think he was ever a member. He did get caught up in one of their bans though. Something to do with training and blade spirits on top of his large tower south of Yew. The one with the small house grandfathered on top.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
From Siege I miss:

Sarai
Lord Mark
Fogma DevilDjinn
Markus C
Uncle Check
Adam and Hands FA
Herog
Jesse James
Silas
and alot more

From Atlantic I miss:

Man o War
Setra of Eshin
Krell of Eshin
Khain of Eshin
Patrick
STEEL
KILJOX
Lady Zen
FletLess

I remember a player named Roar too but he was on Atlantic looong ago

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skara Jack Jones
Galena
Theodore
Kapanan
Guy Skymourner
Lord Abernathy
Talamia
Janissan Venroe

G

Gowron

From back in the days when T2A was on the shelf.

The guildmembers of Legion of Virtues (L/V)
Arcane Vartan
Scarface
Duncan MacCloud
badger
Feldorf

And as I can't remember the names due to the passage of time, the players that ran the player run town of Haven before Trammel got brought into the picture.

Also, the Seers and Councilors.

More recently from Royal Britannian Guards (RBG)
Sara Leigh
Fignut the Elder
Finder
YourFuneral
Jarlaxle

Missing in action but not known to have left:
Lady Katherine
GMs who would actually show up instead of sending a canned message that doesn't address the original question/issue.

C

CroakerTnT

The flying carpet in Ultima IV.

Being pk'd on atlantic in 2001, just outside the vesper cemetary.

Hunting for boat miners to pk.

Ahh, the endless fun.

B

Beastmaster

From back in the days when T2A was on the shelf.

The guildmembers of Legion of Virtues (L/V)
Arcane Vartan
Scarface
Duncan MacCloud
badger
Feldorf
I remember Duncan. My friend Hardoon introduced him to UO. Duncan helped me tame my first dragon in Destard and mare in Terathan Keep.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's been a lot of people to come and go throughout my time playing. The ones that immediately come to mind are;

* Chesapeake *

- Lady Ariannah
- Agent Orange
- Rastus
- Lamina
- Nos
- El Muerto
- Black Lotus
- Bailey
- Macklin
- Leonidas
- My DwB friends I haven't seen in ages (Leon, Zig) and uncertain if they're still around.

* Origin *

- Larisa
- Trinsie
- Romeo
- Rupert
- Morwyn Bethel

Sara1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In 10 yrs a lot of people touched my life. I think Madrid is one that I miss the most as of late. He taught me a lot and with him I could do all sorts of things. He quit due to KR dying. Before him was a wonderful Dad/Son team. Right now I can't recall his name, but we used to do Peerless together and every one shared. He was a very positive influence on me, also. Poofy, on Origin is a missed friend, as well. A good pvp'er who tried to teach my brother Sawdude and me how to pvp. Wasn't that he's a bad teacher, just I'm a horrible teacher. lol Well, was on dial up at the time. Then, there was one of the very best pvp'ers of all: Keeper of Hearts. I wouldn't say he was a "friend" at first. He could kill me very fast, but usually let me try to kill him. He was a one on one pvp'er. Sometimes as many as 5 of us would chase him at a time. We always had plenty of death robes. lol A lot of people who still play are very positive figures of my uo life, as well. HUGS to all of you.

L

Lady_Mina

From Europa :

-Zell Decht (-V-)
-Matilda (-V-)
-Sir Osian (FFL)
-Lady BIJTJE
- I aka Oo I oO (cause of his silly stuff)

Lino's buddy : Old Matras

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dor is almost ALWAYS in IRC.

irc.stratics.com #ultima-online

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't remember her name, but a female player had a house just north of Minoc after you pass the stables. This was Jan of 98 I think on Great Lakes. She had 8 liches trapped in her house behind some tables for training Resist. One day I was running past and heard the liches laughter. She let me in and showed me her setup, and then gave me a bag of armor and weapons. (Forrest Gump voice): "that's all I have to say about tha......t".

Oh, and there was Sunny Black that I refer too when these posts come around, and then the mayor of Yew, umm, was it Enshu Ponfar? (sp?) I was there for his assassination...

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Drachenfels, all my old friends and enemies.

On Siege, Shadowclan.

M

MariamATL

I miss Martia of ATL the most. She was an avid fisherman/treasure hunter and I remember many a night going to do maps with her. She taught me about nets and sos's long before I ever wanted a fisherman! =)

I also miss Xypher of ATL who used to lead me on crazy monster hunts where we would both get killed MANY MANY times!!!

I oft look back to those good old days and wish UO were the same.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- Richard Garriot
- Designer Dragon

Those two truely had a vision about UO. It's a shame they didn't succeed.

My old friend Kugelblitz who showed me this game, helped me with my first steps in Britannia, and played an important role in the RP community that was opposing to the United Pirates during the Early Days.

And a long, long list of fantastic players who have left the game 8-10 years ago and never returned.

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa n Drachenfels:

I miss Epyc :heart:
I miss Thandor :heart:
I miss Mortharr :heart:
I miss Defender :heart:
I miss Samira :heart:
I miss MACO :heart:
I miss Bud [Pee Vee Pee]
I miss Bill
I miss Witchcraft, SoulFear and Kozzolozz. :heart:
I miss Avalanche Guild
I miss Pee Vee Pee Guild
I miss the old raids and harrys.
I miss the old Ultima Online...

Best Regards,
MD.

Andsteel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone who called Trinsic home on Pacific in 1998 and Annie who killed me more times than I care to remember ;)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Microelf who left our realms to go duke it out with whoever created him to begin with.

Dennar who was always vocal, mindful and helpful towards others.

Arjuna, the new players friend and the old players champion.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dennar!!
Melantus (First community rep I dealt with and a great guy!)
All of friends from the TFS guild who have moved on in life.

And more importantly, my RL brothers, we had a great 3 year run from 97-00, even if they came back one can't replace the awesome "feel" of the game that was in UO pre 21st century

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My first guild in UO was the Cove Merchant's Guild (CMG) on Great Lakes. Though I've completely moved on from that shard, I would like to run into Heather and Gwen just to say hello. Heather was the Guildmistress and Gwen gave me my first house. I would also have to say hi (and thank you) to the original Derek the Mad for introducing me to UO in 1999. In fact, I still use one of his accounts, not to mention his naming convention. :)

-OBSIDIAN-

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most I don't even remember the names of :( Lost too many brain cells over the years. The ones I do remember:

Galan the Looter -She got many items from my corpse over the years, but would always res, (after she looted) and sell me my good items back. One time she gave me better equipment, so I'd have better stuff for her to loot :) She quit when you could no longer loot others corpses in Tram.

Bobfromaccounting -Always willing to give taming advice, bought my first mare from him. Always loved that name! Brit bank was never the same after he quit.

Reader of Time - Friend I met idocing. Started as a rival, ended as a friend. He had some trouble with former quild mates, no clue who's fault any of it was, but he quit the game over that. I still have a double blessed black apron he gave me before he left.

Speedy Orkit

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss some more old Chessy players...

Mikey aka Parkay aka Lumberman
Crusader
Murmandamus(orig)
Rasputin
Slaveboy
Adran Blackshaft
Fisherguy

Lots of Mythndale people.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most I don't even remember the names of :( Lost too many brain cells over the years. The ones I do remember:

Galan the Looter -She got many items from my corpse over the years, but would always res, (after she looted) and sell me my good items back. One time she gave me better equipment, so I'd have better stuff for her to loot :) She quit when you could no longer loot others corpses in Tram.

Bobfromaccounting -Always willing to give taming advice, bought my first mare from him. Always loved that name! Brit bank was never the same after he quit.

Reader of Time - Friend I met idocing. Started as a rival, ended as a friend. He had some trouble with former quild mates, no clue who's fault any of it was, but he quit the game over that. I still have a double blessed black apron he gave me before he left.

Bobfromacounting is still around, just been retired for a few years. You will catch site of him every once in a while running through Luna but that's only me. He does keep his account active so maybe one day he will come back for awhile. I think he and I sold alot of Napa people their first mares or ww or dragons or even ossies. I'll keep nagging, maybe he will come again!

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss
Frost, one of my first friends in UO when I started (Cats)
Vampiress who was originally from Cats but traveled the shards with me and was one of my best UO friends
AngelicDeceit who was also my shard traveling companion and also one of my best UO friends
Atlas who got me started in pvp (well, he and my son)
In Flames who essentially quit but still keeps his accounts active just in case
Diablos, Mr. "happy in my pants"
Lady Sounder/Jupiter
Cool Disco Dan
Hacker PvProdigy
Mo
Dothra
Mini Crippler
Payton
Chupacabra
Conspiracy
Lilyan
Budha Kahn
Solor
Blacklisted (most of them)

and many many members of MM, NfC and SX
wow, lady sounder/jup from the old SS faction days on chessy.....

UODJ

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm sure you're thinking of Belan...she was quite famous on Napa back in the day.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure you're thinking of Belan...she was quite famous on Napa back in the day.
LoL ! You are of course correct! My memory was playing tricks on me (I'll claim old age as an excuse;) )

Belan was a true role player, and was always easy on her marks! At least she was if they were respectful ;)

O

Oo I oO

Europa,

Neonz, Icecast, Apples, Slom, Izzy, Ily, Renegade, MONTY THE gOD, Faith/Seven, Ruk, Beowolf, Jerry,

Pure/Elit

W

Walker B

On Napa, A fellow by the name of Ren Bergh. Used to both be involved in Factions with Council of Mages back when Lumberjacking was changed to add a bonus to axes. We loved it when it would give the *thump* concusion blow....good times.

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Europa,

Neonz, Icecast, Apples, Slom, Izzy, Ily, Renegade, MONTY THE gOD, Faith/Seven, Ruk, Beowolf, Jerry,

Pure/Elit
Woot! Oo I oO :)

I can echo several of those names, particularly Slom and Ily~, and I recall Renegade being a brilliant Glow Banksitter XD

Machalite, Mad Calum, Gorgan, Morgana, Rhiannan Myr, and especially Lady Brigitte, I miss very much :/

Those were the best days...

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Sosarians,

Those sorely missed are far to numerous to name them all. That said, these I miss dearly:

Lord British, may the UO gods one day return him to us
Lord Blackthorn, he too will one day be needed
Nystul, Clainin, and all of the true lore characters

Nok, who once I saw more in game than on Stratics

Lord Corrigan
Lord Diltard
Lance Marshall
Durnick
Hettar
Flint
Zal
Alyssi
Alicia Windsong

Theoran and all my first friends of S|A

All my former guildmates ...

I apologize for any omitted here, it is diminishing memory rather than any lessening of their loss in my heart.

An SoS

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Tina, I knew not her father. I heard of her from One whose heart she took with her when she departed.

An SoS

Was this Paladin Jim's daughter? The name seems so familiar but I'm thinking by the time I saw the character, his daughter had stopped playing and he was using it.