• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 76 comes to TC1

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So there is absolutely NO REASON to do the void pool, and instead go directly to farming Cora.
I wouldn't say that. Maybe don't do the pool for weapons and armor, but for the other items from it.
There are different kinds of points - points you get from the battle for the leader board and 'reward points'.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checking my understanding, because I haven't had a lot of time to play lately.
These waves of Cora's. Each wave it stronger - but the creatures have the same names? So trying to put lore figures for them in hunter's guide is going to be next to impossible?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes me wonder, will other dungeons start giving out points too?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checking my understanding, because I haven't had a lot of time to play lately.
These waves of Cora's. Each wave it stronger - but the creatures have the same names? So trying to put lore figures for them in hunter's guide is going to be next to impossible?
Petra--I believe there are four different "types" of spawn: undead, demon, elemental, repond. If I missed one someone please correct me. The undead type does not seem to inhabit any level other than Level 2, whereas the other three types exist on the Third and Fourth Levels.

I'm actually curious, now that I think about it, whether Level 4 is supposed to have the undead spawn or not. Seems like a potential goof since Level 4 used to be undead and now isn't.

I lored all of the static creatures if you need any data, or if you've started a thread.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra--I believe there are four different "types" of spawn: undead, demon, elemental, repond. If I missed one someone please correct me. The undead type does not seem to inhabit any level other than Level 2, whereas the other three types exist on the Third and Fourth Levels.

I'm actually curious, now that I think about it, whether Level 4 is supposed to have the undead spawn or not. Seems like a potential goof since Level 4 used to be undead and now isn't.

I lored all of the static creatures if you need any data, or if you've started a thread.
I've lored them too - and I did find undead in level 3 - though I looked in fel. They were in the cells front left. I believe there are 5 groups each containing 5 creature types. I'm in the process of entering them into hunter's guide now. (in alphabetical order)
Group 1: Abyss - daemon mongbat doppleganger Lesser Oni Gargoyle Assassin Fire Daemon
Group 2. Elemental - Earth Elemental Water Elemental Searing Elemental Venom Elemental Vortex Elemental
Group 3. Humanoid - Lizardman Witchdoctor Ogre Bonecrusher Orc Footsoldier Ratman Assassin Titan Rockhurler
Group 4. Reptilian - Corrupted Wyvern Covetous Wyrm Magma Lizard Vicious Drake War alligator
Group 5. Undead - Angered Spirit Bone Swordslinger Covetous Revenant Diseased Lich Vile Cadaver

S

Sevin0oo0

trying to put lore figures for them in hunter's guide is going to be next to impossible?
With such a large array of new mobs like this, I wonder if a PM to James or Bleak could yield you a little "cheat sheet" from which to build from?
I know I'm gonna start gearing up (no sampire for me) for Cove, I never went there for the gold before, so points are a really a nice bonus.

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look at what they did with Shame, Wrong, and now Covetous, it suggests that they have something a little bit different in mind for each dungeon.
I would not expect another void pool scenario or another maze like in Wrong. I would expect something else interesting, and I hope they indeed do something else.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've lored them too - and I did find undead in level 3 - though I looked in fel. They were in the cells front left. I believe there are 5 groups each containing 5 creature types.

[...]

Group 4. Reptilian - Corrupted Wyvern Covetous Wyrm Magma Lizard Vicious Drake War alligator
I keep thinking about the lizard mage in the repond group and I forget about the reptile group! Thanks, haha. ;S

Maybe I missed the undead, then...well, I'll be honest, I didn't go thoroughly through LVL 3 on the Fel side because of push-through. Somehow I went through the 20-30 harbingers without being revealed but I didn't want to press my luck ;P. I didn't see any undead on Tram side though.

PS--I'm glad there is finally a lizardman mage. It took long enough. An air elemental that shoots arrows is still too weird for me to take in, though.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...rather than fixing the bugs that were actually in the bug list they've decided to produce more content and evidently with the health bars scandal.... more bugs.

Why must we be constantly bombarded with more and more (buggy) content?

And the actual bugs that affect people are not even listed in the bug tracking list, they've been moved to a secret list that only the devs can see as they're so called 'exploits'

I would be happy playing this game if no more items/lands were ever produced.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allow me to provide the translation for the patch notes:

• [ List of generally unusable weapons except for this one that will likely allow a player to swing at max speed with 10 Dex and a stamina suit/pot.
  • Mace of the Fanatic
    • Hit Stamina Leech 50%
    • Swing Speed Increase 75%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 14-16
    • Weapon Speed 3.5s

Isn't SSI capped at 50%? rofl....

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...Also, how many relic fragments does one of these items unravel into?
Yield should be 1-2.

I'm not terribly disappointed in this system. The drawbacks to a lot of shame/wrong loot with negative mods were that the item could be lost on death, or would wear out through normal use. Trying to work such an item into your suit (in a game that is 100% numbers based now) meant you risked having to completely redo your suit once the item was lost/destroyed. With this system you know the artifacts bought with points will not be permanent and will be destroyed fairly quickly, but also know that replacing the item only requires enough work to earn the points. This might make the item viable for inclusion in a suit.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I keep thinking about the lizard mage in the repond group and I forget about the reptile group! Thanks, haha. ;S

Maybe I missed the undead, then...well, I'll be honest, I didn't go thoroughly through LVL 3 on the Fel side because of push-through. Somehow I went through the 20-30 harbingers without being revealed but I didn't want to press my luck ;P. I didn't see any undead on Tram side though.

PS--I'm glad there is finally a lizardman mage. It took long enough. An air elemental that shoots arrows is still too weird for me to take in, though.
They were in 5 areas. The group in area 2 of Fel were undead, it could be a different group in tram.
Basically Group 1 (elementals in Fel) are in the main entry room and corridors leading back.
Easiest to show you a picture I think.

hordes.png

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...rather than fixing the bugs that were actually in the bug list they've decided to produce more content and evidently with the health bars scandal.... more bugs.

Why must we be constantly bombarded with more and more (buggy) content?

And the actual bugs that affect people are not even listed in the bug tracking list, they've been moved to a secret list that only the devs can see as they're so called 'exploits'

I would be happy playing this game if no more items/lands were ever produced.
Mervyn.
The bugs you posted were indeed exploits. Leaving exploits in public view spreads the abuse further, which is highly undesirable.

There are a number of published bug fixes in the notes, there is also the possibility of unpublished bug fixes included, as has happened in previous publishes, since it is not common policy to give prior notification to exploiters that the exploits they are using are about to be stopped.

I suggest you wait and see.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were in 5 areas. The group in area 2 of Fel were undead, it could be a different group in tram.
Basically Group 1 (elementals in Fel) are in the main entry room and corridors leading back.
Easiest to show you a picture I think.

View attachment 9049
Well...when I went to the Tram side during my first pass...seemed like all dragon kin...hm...(and I got magma'd up...)...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't SSI capped at 50%? rofl....
surely people know that there are spells in the game which lower SSI, Essence of Wind supposedly lowers SSI, I know for a fact lady Mel lowers SSI and this allows you to swing closer to cap after being affected by such debuffs, the same goes for the pvpers who run with 70 dci so lower D doesn't bring them below cap.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bug Squashed is a Bug Squashed! Yes there are a lot more some consider higher priority.. just because it didn't make this patch doesn't mean it inst being fixed.. It might just be a lot more complicated than the ones mentioned. They have a schedule they work to and try to get as many bug fixes in as they can.

what exactly do you want from them??
Well i would have thought any game develoepers would put fixing bugs at the top of any schedule instead of adding more buggy content. If you suggest they should add content before fixing bugs then your playing the correct game.

As for bugs squashed what have they squashed? Hail Storm sure about the houses issue but there are other things which break the housing rules that havent been fixed.

@ Frostbolt - i mearly meant something else to play because its getting to the point where ive no reason to play uo at this moment in time. Its become a joke of adding worthless content, fixing nothing, and continuing as if everything is ok.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New Doom? Nope wait the fellians will cry. They just needed to rotate in and out 5 Arty/Deco drops every 6 months to the list. Doom would of never gotten old.
You would think this would have been the dungeon the would have made new artifacts come from.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i would have thought any game develoepers would put fixing bugs at the top of any schedule instead of adding more buggy content. If you suggest they should add content before fixing bugs then your playing the correct game.
Personally, I think they need to do both, fix bugs and add new content. To this end, I believe that every publish has had bug fixes completed that were not in the original publish notes, and some that are just not even in the final notes.

Additionally, I suspect that bug fixing 15+ year old code with 70+ publishes and major additions to the game has got to be rather tricky.

And are you really suggesting that zero new content be added until all bugs are fixed. That, would create a much steeper decline in UO subscriptions, IMHO.

Not cheerleading, as I too want as many bugs squashed as can be squashed, but to do so without adding new content, which given the age and complexity of the code involved is sure to create additional issues, is mere fantasy, and will drive more customers away.

The dev team needs to do both.

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Every game's forum has some guy going "Fix all the bugs before doing absolutely anything else!" but no game in history has ever actually pursued such a policy. I'll leave it to you to figure out why.

Or you could just go back to telling the WoW forums how much that game sucks too.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mervyn.
The bugs you posted were indeed exploits. Leaving exploits in public view spreads the abuse further, which is highly undesirable.

There are a number of published bug fixes in the notes, there is also the possibility of unpublished bug fixes included, as has happened in previous publishes, since it is not common policy to give prior notification to exploiters that the exploits they are using are about to be stopped.

I suggest you wait and see.
My point was merely that the true figures on the volume and scale of the bugs are hidden

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I like the fact that Coral drops normal arties that can be POFed up to 255/255 and repaired. I think the void pool dropping ephemral ones is ok. What I would like them to change is the items you redeem for points. These should not be ephemeral. Instead, they should have 100/100 durability and be repairable, but not POF-able. Basically, then their duration is on par with the cleanup turn-in system. Then there actually is a decent reward for doing the void pool waves. Getting 2000+ points looks like it is going to take participation in 20+ waves to get to redeem your points for an item.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what is your proposed solution?
I leave posts detailing exploits clearly visible for everyone to read?
Or are you wanting the developers to give prior notice to the exploiters that their exploit is about to be fixed?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not saying that there IS a problem, i'm merely saying that the true figures of how many bugs there are that have not been tackled are hidden and the untackled list on the bug forum is the tip of the iceberg.

Believe it or not Petra the whole world doesn't revolve around you and your forum monitoring, I wasn't having a pop

S

Sevin0oo0

Personally, I think they need to do both, fix bugs and add new content. The dev team needs to do both.
/I agree with that. New content may be delivered bug-free, once it's applied to all shards might be the only way to see how well the numbers got crunched and if an '[adjustment' is needed, or certain things even removed from the module. In-studio is way different from Live. TC simply offers a greater sampling of the work, for oversights. Not everything released is 'buggy', not everything released breaks something else. The extent and profoundness should affect the correction order and timing, imo.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what is your proposed solution?
I leave posts detailing exploits clearly visible for everyone to read?
Or are you wanting the developers to give prior notice to the exploiters that their exploit is about to be fixed?
1. If they are going to be removed in anyway, then they need to be removed entirely so that NO ONE can view it. Not just hidden so a select few can view it. And a bug report made with that information.
2. The devs do that anyway with their posting of the changes going to test center at times.

Personally, I am of the mind that things like that should be made transparent and open so that it would actually get the team busy on actually fixing it, rather than not worrying about it because only a few people know about it.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Personally, I am of the mind that things like that should be made transparent and open so that it would actually get the team busy on actually fixing it, rather than not worrying about it because only a few people know about it.

/This

I have held that same opinion for a long time. When exploits pop up they should be published for everyone to see. There is no sense in keeping it quiet and only those select few always benefitting from it until a "fix" is found. I know it will never happen, but the bug/exploit would get fixed a heck of alot faster that way. For example the turn in exploit/bug not too long ago involving a book, word spread like wildfire on that and it got fixed in a day or two, it did not take weeks or months.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would be nice between level 1 and 2 or level 2 and 3 in Coveteus is a vendor to buy supplies like in Dungeon Doom. :)

And a ankh or a invulnerble healer. :)

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kind of agree with Kylie and nusair here the fact that the minority know about these issues seems to mean they arnt important enough to be fixed. There are things which have been going on way too long and im all for adding new content but ontop of already broken content makes things harder to be fixed and usualy more exploited.

It seems whatever you do to report these bugs its makes not a blind bit of difference ive tried to submit bug reports, send emails (not to the numpty who loves taming), and posting on these forums in the relevant sections and nothing changes.

Most here attack pvpers (and mervyn) but we genuinly want to see things fixed a bit of fel v trammel banter asside.

The most recent disaster was factions where now if your in a faction your fighting against the faction you chose instead of fighting with them. Basic fundamentals seem totally void of this recent Dev combination.

If anyone seriously tells me they think content is more important than bug fixing they need banning!

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Certain peculiar seeds will no longer be unidentified when removing them from a seed box - minor bug
  • The Alchemist in Ter Mur should now sell glass blowing tools - not a bug an addition
  • The crystal portal will take the speaker to the Ilshenar Gypsy Bank when the words “Ilshenar Mint” are spoken - really with all the banking options this was needed? Sounds like a bug that you can recall into ilshenar tbh.
  • Hail Storm can no longer be cast thru walls - fair dos but why not fix others?
  • Hail Storm will now have diminishiung returns like the other area effect spells in the game - fair enough fix the others.
  • All Bard Mastery Party abilities are now subject to a beneficial action check - minor bug
  • The Crystal Lotus question has been fixed - minor bug
  • Display cases can now be dyed with the furniture dye tub when in deed form - bug? more an addition
  • Plant pigments that are the same hue will automatically stack in your backpack - bug? an addition
  • The 10th Anniversary Sculputure can now be turned with the deco tool without any issues - minor bug
  • Faction points that were not scaled correctly have been addressed - minor bug

Wheres the propper issues and if they arnt published in the notes then i suggest they should be and not spelt out i.e. fixed item generation exploit. Easy.

And for those who shout out but then they will give the exploiters a heads up and they will increase production well maybe the devs should be pro active once notes go up and ban the ones doing it.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • The crystal portal will take the speaker to the Ilshenar Gypsy Bank when the words “Ilshenar Mint” are spoken - really with all the banking options this was needed? Sounds like a bug that you can recall into ilshenar tbh.

It was done because of whats going to happen to that city. Feel free to see it yourself on TC

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. If they are going to be removed in anyway, then they need to be removed entirely so that NO ONE can view it. Not just hidden so a select few can view it. And a bug report made with that information.
2. The devs do that anyway with their posting of the changes going to test center at times.

That's not the way it works. Leaving an exploit visible merely spreads the rot with more and more people using it, therefore causing more and more damage.
The 'select few' that can view that board ARE the devs, none of the forum moderators or reporters have access.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PJay, I think some things we consider minor bugs get fixed because a developer or programmer can tackle them quickly while they perhaps are waiting for a bigger addition or fix that they've programmed to be reviewed or quality-checked by someone else. Or maybe the fix was programmed a long time ago and just finally rose sufficiently high enough on someone's quality-checking list to be looked at and released.
Quality checked for 4 years?!?! Yet most publishes theres vast amounts of more bugged content? I doubt your speculation.

And in light of the recent bars issue i hope someone gets fired over it just seriously poor.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
petra i know what you're saying, but how about like pjay said, some assurance like:
"fixed an exploit that allowed players to duplicate any item"
You can hardly say that people are going to dupe more on seeing that, the dupers i'm sure are currently duping as fast as they can already. It makes everyone think that no one cares that people are duping when the devs release they'll fix THE MOST mundain bug/features. And say nothing of actual issues affecting players.

Maybe when it goes live we'll get a pleasant surprise and they'll list all the bugs they fixed.
Then again maybe their all busy planning a surprise party for me.

T

Tazar

petra i know what you're saying, but how about like pjay said, some assurance like:
"fixed an exploit that allowed players to duplicate any item"
You can hardly say that people are going to dupe more on seeing that, the dupers i'm sure are currently duping as fast as they can already. It makes everyone think that no one cares that people are duping when the devs release they'll fix THE MOST mundain bug/features. And say nothing of actual issues affecting players.

Maybe when it goes live we'll get a pleasant surprise and they'll list all the bugs they fixed.
Then again maybe their all busy planning a surprise party for me.
Exploits are not discussed even after they are fixed because they have a tendency to creep back into the code. This happens because the team is not working with one code-base. They work with current production, test center version, pre-test center version (Q&A Stage), Coding fixes/content stage, designing fixes/content stage, plus various internal test beds, special holiday event shard content, and I am sure more. The Dev Team members are human and do make mistakes - occasionally the wrong version is loaded or the wrong section of code copied/pasted into the version for publish. With the chance of an exploit creeping back into the system - it's best not to discuss it.

Rather than publish "We're fixing it" so that the exploiters know to stop using it, I'd prefer that the GM's just smack'em hard.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WTH? LOL! Where did that pic come from? That is Epic! LOL

-Grimm
(Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD)
Haha, apparently it's from World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta, in an attempt to make what was supposed to be a rather epic journey even more epic after players suggested the event wasn't thrilling enough. Here's a video.

A more UO-appropriate, raptor/dinosaur inspired moment (I forget who took this originally, but I believe it was during SA beta, following the Jurassic-park influenced side-spawn change):

S

Sevin0oo0

Awesome Raptor save!

Does it looks as if Ilshenar City is turning into one Huge Nexus machine?
Or rather, emerging, growing, and spreading from underneath?
Why was a Nexus duplicator left functional? Was it for tricking us into aiding the distribution?
Would they not be spawning elsewhere if the smaller ones are really needed?

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bugs as well as Exploits that are fixed are always mentioned when patches and publishes go live. We've had quite a few publishes with bug fixes lately. Providing forums to report bugs was another way for us to help track issues and as they are announced as resolved on the Herald we can update specific threads reporting that specific bug to reflect that.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bugs as well as Exploits that are fixed are always mentioned when patches and publishes go live. We've had quite a few publishes with bug fixes lately. Providing forums to report bugs was another way for us to help track issues and as they are announced as resolved on the Herald we can update specific threads reporting that specific bug to reflect that.
So again nothings being fixed then as i stated with the recent bug fixes 2 or 3 arnt even bugs they are additions to the game. Then we get in bug fixes nearly every patch hue changes to things? As far as i can tell the bug fixing is just tweaking things which are fine.