• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 76 comes to TC1

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would have been cool if you could atleast imbue these new artifacts *woops* I mean old artifacts with different names. Also, no orny, staff of magi, or arcane shield version? It looks like the majority of the *new arties* are copies of artifacts that were never really used. The ones that people use all the time now (orny, arcane shield, staff of magi?) there are no versions of. Doesn't sound right to me. :(

But then again i'm just a peon that's still been and still waiting for the "All Release" command for summons to be introduced to classic client as well. Only been waiting a year now. I aplaud Pinco for introducing it to the EC client :), but for those of us who naturally play the game out of love for the CC client (because of the graphics) would sure like to have the same command in CC.

Another suggestion i'd really like to see (that someone else on the forums made a

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have spoiler pics of the new Vanilla plants please? Also curious if u can get the mutated seeds (black & white) of vanilla from the naturalist quest?

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's so many changes and so much to reply to.

First off, devs? Scrap these one-mod change Doom artifacts unless you plan to give us a brand new Gauntlet by the end of May. If the Gauntlet is on the radar then I am totally fine if you retire/rotate all of these artifacts you are changing. About 8 months ago I suggested a brief outline by which to change the Gauntlet Artifacts, and while a lot has changed since you guys began revamping dungeons I would still love to see a dynamic rotation system put in place.

The daily decay changes are a great step forward, as others have noted. Those changes show a direct response to the community's reaction and I hope we will continue to see progress with regards to Factions.

• Hail Storm can no longer be cast thru walls
  • Hail Storm will now have diminishiung returns like the other area effect spells in the game
The Hail Storm changes were necessary. People will complain, but the spell was overpowered. The truth is hail storm is still the only cold based PvM spell worth using. Don't forget how slayers bump damage, it's still going to be viable. Maybe mages and the like will learn to make use of defensive spells, for once, rather than fire away offensive spells? How about you make a paralyze field to optimize your damage? Maybe an energy field to block off a passage? PvMers, get creative. Don't rely on a gimp spell to do all the work for you.

Besides, the main use of hail storm in PvM will STILL be against individual targets. Thank you, Stygian Dragon, for maintaining a low tolerance to cold damage. Maybe if I have a dozen friends we can kill you in a half hour so we can never kill you again. ;)

PS--I will not miss trolling EM events by hail storming walls and killing all the mobs before any of the melee chars have a chance to participate.

Ver Lor Reg looks pretty much like Exodus Dungeon now on atlas map.
Interesting. I guess that's why Ilshenar Mint will take us to the camp now, instead.

Seriously people... The patch looks good.. the changes to dungeon are looking awesome! I really need to get my ass on and make a usable char!!
Just use Character Copy.

I'll take my free ethy scorpion now. :p
I've discovered you REALLY like scorpions :).

I've only been to Wrong one time so far since it was updated. I just couldn't get enthused about going there after I realized you can't recall into it. [...] I'm not asking for this change to apply to the Fel dungeons or Fel T2A, but for the Trammel dungeons with "no recall" (Wrong and apparently now Covetous), I wonder if the devs would consider adding some one-way teleporters to let you quickly leave the dungeon (kind of like in Wind), alive or dead.
Wind has a rez in town, while neither Wrong nor Covetous trap players inside. Not really sure I understand your complaint. I imagine Wrong is no-recall because of the thief part, while Covetous will have a champ spawn region of sorts, and those regions have never been recall friendly. Some would argue no dungeon should be recall-accessible, as it defeats the "crawl."

dragkiris also pointed out that the current SSI cap is 60%, so a weapon with 75% SSI is strange.
As noted, the 75% SSI is a copy. However, no one has mentioned the mudpies and mud elementals in shame, which slow your swing speed. How y'all forget those? They just added them.

I'll say this, it's never bad to have more than you need. I think the bottom line, though, is the SSI does not help that weapon out in the slightest (unless you can imbue it). No one wants a PVM weapon without mana leech and/or a slayer, and a three-mod DI, SSI, Stam Leech is pretty pathetic if you can't imbue.

the end drawing near for the gold system? the Next Big Thang - Points? They don't take any room, fast to count, and carry it all with you. interesting.
It's kind of funny how people are already complaining about the points being a grind when all you have to do is kill stuff, which is probably the most enjoyable thing about any game IMO. I get to kill stuff and not think about it until I cash in when I'm done? What is this, Chuck E Cheese? It's going to be great. UO's personal pan MOBA-style mini game. I'm going to Pizza Hut all over that joint. Where's my quarters? It's arcade time, waffles!

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad to see that Hail Storm is finally getting the fixes it has been needing for quite some time, it is a shame though that Animated Weapon did not receive the fix it needs as well.

The change in style with the Covetous dungeon is intriguing in written form... I hope you guys putting as much effort as you can into making it an enjoyable experience. :)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am glad to see that Hail Storm is finally getting the fixes it has been needing for quite some time, it is a shame though that Animated Weapon did not receive the fix it needs as well.

The change in style with the Covetous dungeon is intriguing in written form... I hope you guys putting as much effort as you can into making it an enjoyable experience. :)
Nether cyclone still doesn't divide damage, and hits through walls, fyi lol

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Hail Storm changes were necessary. People will complain, but the spell was overpowered. The truth is hail storm is still the only cold based PvM spell worth using. Don't forget how slayers bump damage, it's still going to be viable. Maybe mages and the like will learn to make use of defensive spells, for once, rather than fire away offensive spells? How about you make a paralyze field to optimize your damage? Maybe an energy field to block off a passage? PvMers, get creative. Don't rely on a gimp spell to do all the work for you.

Besides, the main use of hail storm in PvM will STILL be against individual targets. Thank you, Stygian Dragon, for maintaining a low tolerance to cold damage. Maybe if I have a dozen friends we can kill you in a half hour so we can never kill you again. ;)

PS--I will not miss trolling EM events by hail storming walls and killing all the mobs before any of the melee chars have a chance to participate.
So um you are saying that an AOE spell's purpose is now best for Single target use?
Dexxers can wirlwind everything in PvM lets nerf that too then if you go by PvM OP

Why can they not code in different damage calculation for PvP and PvM.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So um you are saying that an AOE spell's purpose is now best for Single target use?
Dexxers can wirlwind everything in PvM lets nerf that too then if you go by PvM OP

Why can they not code in different damage calculation for PvP and PvM.
It's a long ranged AOE with dimininshing returns, like every other fast cast long ranged AOE in game. It's now balanced. Did you really need to do 250 damage to every Saytr in one spell? Lady Melisande will still work out fine, as will every other PvM situation. Would you rather use Mindblast again?

Whirlwind, like Wither, is a short ranged AOE, even shorter than Wither. In your Wither thread and this response you're comparing apples to oranges.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Proof NOONE from the team reads these forums. The bug list is a total joke and more crap added for trammies to hoard and in 6 months bored and start to moan again wanting more stuff to hoard.

Bring on Diablo 3

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Proof NOONE from the team reads these forums. The bug list is a total joke and more crap added for trammies to hoard and in 6 months bored and start to moan again wanting more stuff to hoard.

Bring on Diablo 3
ironic how you talk about trammies in a derogatory way and then say something about diablo 3, a PVM game.

Shut up pvp guy! ~Jay Wilson, Diablo 3 dev
^

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Bring on Diablo 3
A bug Squashed is a Bug Squashed! Yes there are a lot more some consider higher priority.. just because it didn't make this patch doesn't mean it inst being fixed.. It might just be a lot more complicated than the ones mentioned. They have a schedule they work to and try to get as many bug fixes in as they can.

what exactly do you want from them??

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Bring on Diablo 3
SOME GUY ON THE WOW FORUMS said:
I won't be renewing my subscription as this month I have been wanting to just do PvP since fighting other human players is much better than fighting AI Scripts.

Bring on Guild Wars 2
I'm pretty sure mister "Bring on Diablo 3" was just over at the Blizzard forums screaming "Bring on Guild Wars". Here's the link.

(LINK)

It's the Euro forum, and Pjay's Stratics info says he's from the UK. Small internet, huh?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're trying to spice up the new dungeons and can't exactly add uber gear that beats all the current gear each time they redo a new dungeon. You start running into problems.

It seems to be a cycle, once they tweak gear in one spot it makes gear in another system like crafting obsolete so they keep having to tweak it over and over.

Why not introduce a new pet to the dungeon, or introduce something like the harbringer into a dungeon that drops the same conjurers robe with and without luck so you don't have to drop 20-40m on one. Or even a slither or something, that would drive prices down on existing items.
Hah... its funny. They have made it so they cant really put new things into the game because of the absurd power levels we have now. Although they have been making crap artis for years now.

The real annoying thing is that rather than make up NEW crappy artifacts they just coop the doom artifacts. So now doom is pointless (even more than before if you can believe it) until they get around to upgrading it. That could be years from now.

The system sounds fine. It sounds more like what people wanted doom to be, but why these rewards... It seems like they are mocking us.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An alternative would be to allow Champ Spawn replica artifacts (if they don't already) along with slither and higher end arties to drop off Doom bosses IMO. That may make doom more worthwhile for players to goto and allow the PvMers to get Replica artifacts that drop off Champ spawns in Fel, without the need for the PvMer to goto fel and risk getting rolled over several times by pks.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An alternative would be to allow Champ Spawn replica artifacts (if they don't already) along with slither and higher end arties to drop off Doom bosses IMO. That may make doom more worthwhile for players to goto and allow the PvMers to get Replica artifacts that drop off Champ spawns in Fel, without the need for the PvMer to goto fel and risk getting rolled over several times by pks.
I have a feeling doom will end up with new 10 property artifact items, and a super upgraded host of gauntlet foes.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would rather they give out an item that can be used on existing arties that will make them imbuable.

Just set it up so for doing the pool, player get an turn in item and a pretty high # of items is needed to claim the set imbuable item.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know why but I kinda like the idea of having Set bonuses... So like when you're wearing the full set you get some kind of cool bonus. Like for the "hat of the magi" and "staff of the magi" for example have some kind of bonus that would spice up these items and make people want to use them. Maybe even introduce set pieces for the currently revamped arties introduced in this pub that way people have a reason to use them. I'm not talking about that crap that the Vicious and Epiphany armor had. I'm talking about maybe have a property with the full set that a person uses now... For examples just look at the stats that people aim for the most on armor and gather ideas for the set bonus that way.

darkvulf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Would have been cool if you could atleast imbue these new artifacts *woops* I mean old artifacts with different names. Also, no orny, staff of magi, or arcane shield version? It looks like the majority of the *new arties* are copies of artifacts that were never really used. The ones that people use all the time now (orny, arcane shield, staff of magi?) there are no versions of. Doesn't sound right to me. :(

But then again i'm just a peon that's still been and still waiting for the "All Release" command for summons to be introduced to classic client as well. Only been waiting a year now. I aplaud Pinco for introducing it to the EC client :), but for those of us who naturally play the game out of love for the CC client (because of the graphics) would sure like to have the same command in CC.

Another suggestion i'd really like to see (that someone else on the forums made a
an all release command is not needed for summons

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it is when you are dealing with summons that can spawn with the same name as a summon you already have, and since the name israndomly selected between 26 possible names. Rather then having to say the list of 26 names and release for each name in a macro which can take like 10 seconds or more to stand there and wait for the macro to finish. Then if you have a summon with the same name as one u just released it doesn't listen and release both at the same time, so then you have to go through the entire macro again and wait for it to release the summon.

Not everyone has time to sit there and single click and select release, and not everyone with Spellweaving has Magery to cast a dispel. The "All Release" command that's currently in EC should be in Classic Client as well.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't wait to see the interesting new Covetous. Always welcome a change of pace as far as PvM goes and look forward to the next one.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hah... its funny. They have made it so they cant really put new things into the game because of the absurd power levels we have now.
Well, the devs ought to consider different avenues. Players are spoiled post-imbuing, and want HML on every item for PvM purposes. Of course, that's never been a consideration. Instead of an artifact with loaded stats they could always open up new slayer types or other kind of mods. Then again, I'm still waiting for my Staff of Pyros to function!

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might want to add some new loot to the Tokuno pirates, or for that matter all the pirates, while you're at it.

This Publish doesn't seem like it has room for a major change to how High Seas combat operates (or even minor tweaks), but perhaps there's room for a pirate loot change.

Maybe a semi-rare chance at an item or two in a pirate hold that uses the Shame/Wrong loot system, entirely random and not-impacted by Luck, thus giving us a realistic but not imbalanced chance at something really good? Some will continue to farm the dungeons for that stuff; some will take to the seas; some will do both; depending on what each player most-likes to do.

I would suggest the merchant ships don't need a boost in the same way. They already seem to be more profitable than the pirate ships are, thus offering a perverse incentive to do evil.

-Galen's player

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% Durability on an artifact. I'm sold.

Don't have to update Doom with new weapons list. Give then a random mid to high level mod and/or different artlook to the slot worn. But add in blank named weapons to the list on the rare chance. Random weapons and armor off all races that have 500-600 inbue cap. Or even 500-600 pointers that have 75% imbu cap with 6 or 7 mod slots, but slayer or FC such mods not cap blocked.

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
As noted, the 75% SSI is a copy. However, no one has mentioned the mudpies and mud elementals in shame, which slow your swing speed. How y'all forget those? They just added them.

I'll say this, it's never bad to have more than you need. I think the bottom line, though, is the SSI does not help that weapon out in the slightest (unless you can imbue it). No one wants a PVM weapon without mana leech and/or a slayer, and a three-mod DI, SSI, Stam Leech is pretty pathetic if you can't imbue.
And what about SDI on a weapon without spell channeling? rofl

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have spoiler pics of the new Vanilla plants please? Also curious if u can get the mutated seeds (black & white) of vanilla from the naturalist quest?
I thought there was a way to make plants grow faster on test but I couldn't figure it out and I need to leave for work in a few minutes. I planted one seed this morning. If someone knows how to do it, I will try when I get home and post a picture.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what about SDI on a weapon without spell channeling? rofl
Necro dexxers i guess?
Don't forget the Gauntlet came out when they introduced necro, hehe. There aren't a lot of necro casting dexxers really, more so for the curses than the spells with damage, but necro and chiv spells don't require spell channeling. Kind of too difficult for a dexxer to sustain damage spells plus they'd mess up DPS. But yeah, that was the original idea behind a few of Gauntlet artifacts, the idea that some people would use necro dexxers.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought there was a way to make plants grow faster on test but I couldn't figure it out and I need to leave for work in a few minutes. I planted one seed this morning. If someone knows how to do it, I will try when I get home and post a picture.
Petra put together this nice guide to the Test Center a while back:
UO Stratics *New* | Test Center
. It looks like "grow_plant" is the command you use on a locked-down plant (i.e., you need to place a house or have someone friend you to theirs) to get it to grow. A lot of times there's no maintenance cycle for test center, so anything you plant there never advances if you try to grow it in the normal method.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they should look at some of the best suites in game that players have payed millions to imbue or reforge i.e a sampire suite with full 70, 150 str/hp/dex, 180 stamina and some int and lmc, HLD and copy them as artifacts in the new dungeon and make a suite for each template that way so it makes it worth hunting down there. As you get like 13 set pieces for each suite and if there was 5 suites thats 65 possible peices that can drop randomly.

It would make it worth wile then as people would hunt to get the pieces that want and sell/swap the ones you dont.

That way people who dont have much money or play time to farm materials [as some sammy suites and wepons can go into the 100 millions to make] still has the chance at an uber suite.

Thoughts?

Thunderz

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to know why we are trying to appeal to people who play little. Isn't the idea to try to get them to play more?
Because they pay the same amount of money to UO as do you. UO is suppose to be fun, not a grind.

So I take it:
#1 You never take vactions, have a family or go anywhere.
#2 You have never had a RL problem that you need to go some where for a period of time.
#3 You have never serived in the Armed Forces and been deployed.

Life must be so great for you.

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

Bring on Diablo 3
Did you say tranny? I wasn't aware these boots gave me such lift, perhaps it is my apron that makes me look so enticing? Maybe my long flowing golden locks? Or is it the overly pink dye that adorns most of my armor? What gives with all this tranny talk?

Now I am all depressed...time to crack a Zima.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of Vanilla plants i suppose. Hopefully there will be more to do with it besides make a few chocolates???

Personally, i didn't have a problem kicking some paragon butt to get what i needed.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HEY DEVS, JUST TESTED...... hail storm correctly divides damage, however nether cyclone still does NOT divide damage. So that will be the new "lets huddle on a drop in holding nether cyclone"

just an fyi... obviously you need focus groups lol
I'll wager nether cyclone still hits targets through walls then hmm?

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone mentioned Doom earlier. Perhaps they can change that dungeon to a similar point system where we can earn points based on our participation in the mobs and use those points towards the loot instead of waiting for drops.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone mentioned Doom earlier. Perhaps they can change that dungeon to a similar point system where we can earn points based on our participation in the mobs and use those points towards the loot instead of waiting for drops.

It is like that. They changed it about 4 years ago! You get points based off damage you do and when you hit the point cap [no one knows how many Points as far as i know] you get a drop.

Thunderz

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you actually get a vanilla seed? I killed a bunch of stuff on the bottom level of Exodus Dungeon and there were no vanilla seeds on anything. What did you smack to get yours?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina, I generally agree with most of what you say but the suggested fix is not a punishment even for those who do not log in everyday as I am sure the regular players do not log in every day.
Bere, I guess I just don't see the decay and having to log in daily to avoid it as something I should have to do in a game with a monthly subscription fee. If UO were free-to-play, perhaps it would be more acceptable. But it's not.

Edited to add: And when I say "decay," I'm really talking about the general concept of it and specifically referring to the way virtues decay now and the decay in loyalty for helping out in the towns. I know faction kill points always had some decay attached to them and that's not what I'm talking about here. I read someone's argument (maybe yours) about how you need to have the faction kill points decay so other people have an opportunity to rise through the ranks and I don't disagree. I'm just not happy with the whole idea of putting decay on stuff that didn't have it before and on totally new systems as a means to force people to log in, and then having that modified so that you still have to log in every day. It seems far too punitive and almost as if someone all of a sudden is keeping track of how many players are actually logging into the game versus just keeping their subscriptions paid up and I really resent being manipulated like that. I'd far rather feel compelled to log in because I will have fun when I log in, not because I need to maintain something about a character, a house, or whatever. That feels like a job and there's no way I'm paying anybody for that.

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra put together this nice guide to the Test Center a while back:
UO Stratics *New* | Test Center . It looks like "grow_plant" is the command you use on a locked-down plant (i.e., you need to place a house or have someone friend you to theirs) to get it to grow. A lot of times there's no maintenance cycle for test center, so anything you plant there never advances if you try to grow it in the normal method.
Thanks for the info, I haven't gotten a vanilla seed yet but I tried to use the command on the other normal seeds and it doesn't seem to work, I planted them in my own house on TC1 locked down on the floor, any idea where I'm doing it wrong?

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info, I haven't gotten a vanilla seed yet but I tried to use the command on the other normal seeds and it doesn't seem to work, I planted them in my own house on TC1 locked down on the floor, any idea where I'm doing it wrong?
The command is "grow_plant" but you need to have the plant gump open for it to work. Also, each time you use it, make sure you close the gump and open it again to see the progress.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nether cyclone still doesn't divide damage, and hits through walls, fyi lol
This. Devs take note.

Also, how about just making it so you CANNOT hold a rising colossus cursor spell up while your colossus is still out there. There is NO other summon spell in game that allows you to hold it up while waiting for your original one to die or get dispelled. It's a joke when you need 2 synchronized mass dispellers for a spawn push because mystics are allowed to hold up a precast second colossus.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This. Devs take note.

Also, how about just making it so you CANNOT hold a rising colossus cursor spell up while your colossus is still out there. There is NO other summon spell in game that allows you to hold it up while waiting for your original one to die or get dispelled. It's a joke when you need 2 synchronized mass dispellers for a spawn push because mystics are allowed to hold up a precast second colossus.
read sig