• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 76 comes to TC1

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not strange, it just means the devs don't know their own game.
But they play!

Or so Mesanna and Jeff have said. Which really begs the question as to where they are playing and what they are doing... Since its fairly obvious its not what the rest of us are doing, lest their fixes/changes/new content would be more in tune with actual issues/desires with/for the game. Someone desperately need to look up the word "Fun" and "Tedious" then beat the definitions into the rest of the team.

A

archite666

dragkiris also pointed out that the current SSI cap is 60%, so a weapon with 75% SSI is strange.
Thats because its a revamp of the berserkers maul which has 75 SSI and made no sense.

Why give breath of the deas swing speed? Why not give is spell channeling so it finaly made sense? Its like they didn't even try. People have made fun of that weapon for ages and they intentionally avoid giving it the mod that it needed.

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sounds of a spirit showing*
Hail storm shall no longer be 'the lame'

ORLY!?
Finally!
This change was LOOOOOOOONG overdue!

To the haters of wither...I cannot cast wither 10 tiles across the screen atop of you and your party. I have to get within 3? tiles of you in order for it to do damage, and it is NOT effected by SDI, Mystic is.
For you PvMers, get necro/ss! Wraith form+slayer weapon or book = endless mana.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sounds of a spirit showing*
Hail storm shall no longer be 'the lame'

ORLY!?
Finally!
This change was LOOOOOOOONG overdue!

To the haters of wither...I cannot cast wither 10 tiles across the screen atop of you and your party. I have to get within 3? tiles of you in order for it to do damage, and it is NOT effected by SDI, Mystic is.
For you PvMers, get necro/ss! Wraith form+slayer weapon or book = endless mana.
or, i dont know u can like not stand on top of each other? Hailstorm has a radius of like what 4 tiles?

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or, i dont know u can like not stand on top of each other? Hailstorm has a radius of like what 4 tiles?
Or, I dont know....u can like not play a OP mystic anymore? *twirls hair*
I hear gargs are the new lame now!

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think it sounds like a solid patch. The artifacts aren't meant to be best-in-slot awesomeness, It's Covetous for crying out loud. Speaking of which, the Covetous spawn sounds sweet.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or, I dont know....u can like not play a OP mystic anymore? *twirls hair*
I hear gargs are the new lame now!
Or i don't know maybe you can learn to play before asking for nerfs on things that affect other parts of the game?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is an improvement over it decaying regardless if you logged in or not.

People are complaining too much, the fix is a decent one. If they made it a week decay someone would say it isnt fair, it should be a month.

It's like they handed someone 5 bucks and the person complained it was in 1 dollar bills and not a 5.

A daily login with all your characters is an extreme requirement, once a month is like not have it. Once a week is the best timing that allows almost everyone to login...

no, this is the copy of the berserker's maul... all those arties are just a brutal copy of the doom ones, and since 95% of the doom arties are useless, another copy is like duping a trash bag :D

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it sounds like a solid patch. The artifacts aren't meant to be best-in-slot awesomeness, It's Covetous for crying out loud. Speaking of which, the Covetous spawn sounds sweet.
No, almost all the new items are worst-in-slot terribleness. 90% of doom artifacts have been obsolete for years. slapping on useless mods like reflect physical damage to some of them doesn't make them anywhere near useable.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Random points.

•A storyline to the content. Many thanks for that, UO team. Even older content like Publish 16 and Doom suffers mightily from a lack of storyline. Not all content needs an official storyline I suppose (I guess some should be left up to us as players to fill in -- I have not always felt this way), but surely at least some of the content needs a story. It pleases me greatly that this stuff does. I'm surprised more of my fellow RolePlayers haven't pointed this out.

•It also sounds cool mechanically.

•The artifacts are more-useful than a lot of us are giving credit for. Especially given, as others have pointed out, that the underlying dungeon is still "only" Covetous (even though you're probably making it a lot harder, from the sounds). Remember that some still use some of the Virtue Artifacts (in particular the Virtue Armor Set, the Dragon's End, and a few others I can't think of at the moment).

•Having said that, I think many would benefit from being different in some way from the Doom Artifacts. A different underlying item perhaps, for at least some of them.

•Unless of course, if you were looking at phasing out some of the Doom Artifacts, which would suggest you're revamping the Doom Gauntlet out of turn? Not a bad idea.

•Also, I have a feeling the "real" rewards are coming from Cora (anyone spoken to her yet?), and the artifacts are to perhaps as much to keep us interested while we're gaining the void pool points (or whatever they'll be called).

But we shall see.

-Galen's player

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Random points.

•A storyline to the content. Many thanks for that, UO team. Even older content like Publish 16 and Doom suffers mightily from a lack of storyline. Not all content needs an official storyline I suppose (I guess some should be left up to us as players to fill in -- I have not always felt this way), but surely at least some of the content needs a story. It pleases me greatly that this stuff does. I'm surprised more of my fellow RolePlayers haven't pointed this out.

•It also sounds cool mechanically.

•The artifacts are more-useful than a lot of us are giving credit for. Especially given, as others have pointed out, that the underlying dungeon is still "only" Covetous (even though you're probably making it a lot harder, from the sounds). Remember that some still use some of the Virtue Artifacts (in particular the Virtue Armor Set, the Dragon's End, and a few others I can't think of at the moment).

•Having said that, I think many would benefit from being different in some way from the Doom Artifacts. A different underlying item perhaps, for at least some of them.

•Unless of course, if you were looking at phasing out some of the Doom Artifacts, which would suggest you're revamping the Doom Gauntlet out of turn? Not a bad idea.

•Also, I have a feeling the "real" rewards are coming from Cora (anyone spoken to her yet?), and the artifacts are to perhaps as much to keep us interested while we're gaining the void pool points (or whatever they'll be called).

But we shall see.

-Galen's player
Yea its "only" covetous, presumably and most likely with revamped monsters. Which need i remind you, usually have HPs ranging from 500 up to the tens of thousands, and some of which hit for nearly as hard as peerless do if not more.

T

Tazar

Perhaps because some monsters can slow you down? Like the Interred Grizzle boss in Bedlam... The higher swing-speed increase might offset part of the slowness.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea its "only" covetous, presumably and most likely with revamped monsters. Which need i remind you, usually have HPs ranging from 500 up to the tens of thousands, and some of which hit for nearly as hard as peerless do if not more.
They don't, and they aren't.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps because some monsters can slow you down? Like the Interred Grizzle boss in Bedlam... The higher swing-speed increase might offset part of the slowness.
If you are fighting the grizzle as a melee character, you would be dead within approximately a minute and all your armor would be broken. High SSI wouldn't help u there at all.

They don't, and they aren't.
Really, you seem quite sure of yourself. Do you have the stats for the monsters that spawn in the void pool waves in Covetous then?

T

Tazar

I don't think it is the only monster with a slow attack - just the only one that came to mind at that point. And yes - I have seen Dexxors tackle the Grizzled - it's not easy - but they took a jousting approach running in for hits whenever the acid was not on the floor - and luring him around the room away from the already spilled acid.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are fighting the grizzle as a melee character, you would be dead within approximately a minute and all your armor would be broken. High SSI wouldn't help u there at all.
I will go out on a limb here and say that is why the poster stated "like" the grizzle. A monster that has a slow swing speed effect or attack might make for some interesting fights. Rather than throwing thousands of hit points, reflective damage, etc. onto him, perhaps the devs are thinking outside the box here.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will go out on a limb here and say that is why the poster stated "like" the grizzle. A monster that gas a slow swing speed effect, or attack might make for some interesting fights, rather than throwing thousands of hit points, reflective damage, etc. onto him, perhaps the devs are thinking outside the box here.
The only other monster "like" the grizzle is melisande, and you wont be having much luck killing that either, with the SSI artifact weapon. The only difference is that you will die without having all your armor break.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Really, you seem quite sure of yourself. Do you have the stats for the monsters that spawn in the void pool waves in Covetous then?
Why dont you go on TC for yourself? I did, Cove is still pretty easy. The mobs are alot less Buffed than the others. I only did up to wave 13, but each monster died in about 1-4 hits, of course spawning in bigger bunches. The only thing peerless like is Cora herself in the room Sudiva used to be in. Cool graphic too for some sort of spell she does, seems like lightning or something on the ground.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only other monster "like" the grizzle is melisande, and you wont be having much luck killing that either, with the SSI artifact weapon. The only difference is that you will die without having all your armor break.
Per haps a new monster. What is coming out of the void pool or whatever it is called? I do not know, however, the possibility is there that there is a new creature being developed that this weapon might have its used for.

I could also be mistaken. Just saying, immediately jumping up and down screaming the devs are idiots who do now know their own game seems a bit childish, especially since we do not know all the details.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is the fuss about? Every new Arti is a Doom one with 1 extra stat. Thus, they took the Beserker's Maul, Which is already IN game with 75 SSI, and added a mod to it. They didnt bother to change it before, they havent done it now either. Its not like they created a WHOLE NEW artifact with that much SSI.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is that no one wants to farm Covetous for hours in order to buy an obsolete item that you can easily imbue a better version of.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I don't think the devs can win. Put in these weapons, and somebody will cry. Put in something that people find useful, and somebody will cry for a nerf.

It is also possible that these weapons cpould be modified further prior to deployment. (If valid arguments are made in a respectful and courteous manner)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's two ways to do that, though. One way is to offer rewards/incentives for logging in, and the other is to punish if you don't. Which do you think most people prefer?
Tina, I generally agree with most of what you say but the suggested fix is not a punishment even for those who do not log in everyday as I am sure the regular players do not log in every day.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think people also miss the point that, AFAIK noone has killed Cora yet, so who knows what she may drop.
:)
Yell/Scream/Cry first....test later.

That's the way we do it here. LOL

Very good point Promathia!

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the fuss about? Every new Arti is a Doom one with 1 extra stat. Thus, they took the Beserker's Maul, Which is already IN game with 75 SSI, and added a mod to it. They didnt bother to change it before, they havent done it now either. Its not like they created a WHOLE NEW artifact with that much SSI.
Then they do know the game, they're just too lazy to fix the 75% SSI or too busy to even notice it. :)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A daily login with all your characters is an extreme requirement, once a month is like not have it. Once a week is the best timing that allows almost everyone to login

There is nothing extreme about logging in once a day especially when compared to the current scenario where the decay is a large rate whether or not you log in.

If you are only required to log in once a week then you may as well not have a decay rate all.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then they do know the game, they're just too lazy to fix the 75% SSI or too busy to even notice it. :)
Exactly, its not that big of a deal. Its been like it forever, Im sure us UO players will survive

S

Sevin0oo0

Instead of farming monsters for treasure ... , The monsters do not drop loot
the end drawing near for the gold system? the Next Big Thang - Points? They don't take any room, fast to count, and carry it all with you. interesting.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is the throne room now infested with wyverns, drakes, alligators and all sorts of elementals?

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i see new drags and such in lower covetous,anyone checked to see if theyre tameable?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy about the vanilla plants. I can't wait to see what they look like! The Covetous revamp looks neat, but the artifacts need to be changed. Doom artifacts have been around for years and all but a handful are obsolete. The Covetous artifacts look like a sample from some of the most useless ones from Doom. If that's what the new Covetous has to offer, I'm afraid I won't be spending any time at all there.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
covetouse wyrm spawn down by old rotting corpse spawn, seriously bad posion, 2k in hp's
it killed me too fast to check it was tameable

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am extremely happy to hear about the changes to decay!:thumbup:

1000 Cheers on the decay... many many thanks! Bravo!:beer:

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am wondering if the "new" arties, that are mainly tweaked Doom arties are in fact the versions for Gargoyles? I have not been to test yet to see.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
covetouse wyrm spawn down by old rotting corpse spawn, seriously bad posion, 2k in hp's
it killed me too fast to check it was tameable

Unable to be tamed. Oh well, was worth a shot.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point is that no one wants to farm Covetous for hours in order to buy an obsolete item that you can easily imbue a better version of.
Is that all you're looking for? Some new "uber" gear to farm? If so then dungeon revamps aren't for you. New "uber" gear doesn't seem to be what the devs are trying to do with changing out that old worthless armor/weapons that spawned on monsters for years. What they're doing is making dungeons more interesting, more fun than those standard monster spawns that you could run through in like 5 minutes and while they're at it, make the armor that spawns useful, not the greatest and absolutely best armor, but useful. Not everyone is focused on maxing out all the stats.

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I don't get why you would add MORE items to the game. You took all the doom artifacts, gave them a new name, and added one property. Why not just add one property to all the current doom artifacts? makes no sense... smh

wonder which of those is medable/non medable... the redone lightning axe seems nice... so does the redone helm of insight if its non-medable...
sadly an updated orny is not on the menu. staff of the magi also suspiciously mission. AoF? did I miss something?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the publish notes for publish 76 comming to TC1. Enjoy!

Mace of the Fanatic
    • Hit Stamina Leech 50%
    • Swing Speed Increase 75%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 14-16
    • Weapon Speed 3.5s
The maximum of swing speed increase is 60.
It is for only speed down enemy? (Grizzle,Lady Mel)

And these are the performances just like Doom artie.

TBH

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me this is one of those "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" moments.

a bit of advice EA: Hire someone who actually plays this game competitively to help you improve it.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
sadly an updated orny is not on the menu. staff of the magi also suspiciously mission. AoF? did I miss something?
I would´ve liked to see the Arcane shield there myself but maybe it will be for another dungeon...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
as much as these artifacts listed needed to be revamped, they're still pretty much just as useless as they were before this pub... the only one I like is the upgraded Serpents fang [random slayer] that's nice IMO it makes this weapon useful with different combinations...

I think these items would be nice with these properties as a base and add like 1-2 random mods with it, to keep things interesting otherwise these items more likely will not be used, as most people who use imbued/reforged items you get mods you normally cannot on armor/weapons thus making these items obsolete even still.

I noticed the Blade of Insanity isn't listed on list of updated arties either, here it is.

Brightblade

100% stamina leech
3 stamina regen
40 ssi
1 FC
50 Dmg
100% physical dmg

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HEY DEVS, JUST TESTED...... hail storm correctly divides damage, however nether cyclone still does NOT divide damage. So that will be the new "lets huddle on a drop in holding nether cyclone"

just an fyi... obviously you need focus groups lol