• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Comes to TC1 & UO.com Forums!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If the devs were on their forums regularly soliciting feedback, they'd be more active.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that it would mostly be on Kyronix's shoulders.

(He does still read posts here, btw)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the professional gold sellers seem to praise the new forums a lot. I wonder why :D
LOL you noticed that as well :)

Yes sir, there are lots of comments in that thread for sure. :) My thread about a pet power scroll idea was shot down by a dev right off the bat. LOL But it stayed active, with some good comments, for longer than I thought it would.

It does seem to me however that the "newness" is already wearing off the forum. It don't see nearly as much "movement" in threads as I did the 1st day or 2.
Yeah Can't have static ore and wood spots because cheaters would monopolize them and it seems any changes he likes involve killing fire beetles and making mining even less miner friendly (And Lj) I liked your idea with power scrolls particularly since they make changes to pets that render a once good pet useless and well tough you are just out 100 Mil because unlike Ore and Wood we want to keep the scrolls monopolized LOL.

If the devs were on their forums regularly soliciting feedback, they'd be more active.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that it would mostly be on Kyronix's shoulders.

(He does still read posts here, btw)
To Kryonix's credit he was fairly active. Just frustrating that his answer for everything is to make it more complex and less friendly. Does not seem to get that the more of a PITA something is to do the more the scripters/cheaters will do it and the less the legit players will do it....... or maybe he does get it.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I totally agree...

Though I'll say that one guy could probably be someones full time job if they ever tried to do something about him... and the worst thing to think now is... that one guy must be making enough profit from people that he keeps doing it... think on that... someone... or many someones are buying what he's selling or he would have quit it LONG ago... so even in a mostly dead game it's still profitable enough for this guy to keep doing it...
If they really wanted to turn this into a 'freemium' game they could just sell gold and that would put the gold guy out of business.

Overall I'm depressed about publish 99. A whole bunch of crap and features that don't seem to be all that interesting and very very little fixes to all the old broken crap. At a complete minimum I expected a fix for the jewelry box bug whereby it counts for 1 lockdown per item in the box so you can't ever carry it if its over 125 items (holds 500). Just wrong that it wasn't fixed in the very first publish.

Don't get me started on all the crafting fixes still needed.

*sigh*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If they really wanted to turn this into a 'freemium' game they could just sell gold and that would put the gold guy out of business.

Overall I'm depressed about publish 99. A whole bunch of crap and features that don't seem to be all that interesting and very very little fixes to all the old broken crap. At a complete minimum I expected a fix for the jewelry box bug whereby it counts for 1 lockdown per item in the box so you can't ever carry it if its over 125 items (holds 500). Just wrong that it wasn't fixed in the very first publish.

Don't get me started on all the crafting fixes still needed.

*sigh*
If I am right I believe publish 100 is to be a bug fix publish... be sure to either post on their forums about bugs they do have a bugs section.... or to make up a good long list and email it to them. Hopefully they already have a lot on the radar and already have solutions being worked up...

I'm hoping for loads of improvements in the EC... but I'm not holding my breath.

If they could fix the constant crashing I'd be happier.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm just going to let the drama die down on both forums. More information is never a bad thing. People on this game have always shown how selfish they are and getting upset at another website somewhat similar is just another example. Stratics staff doesn't seem to be a part of it though so kudos to them. I'll never understand those people that can only like one and not the other.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The cool thing about the new forum is, that if you have multiple paid accounts, you can have a discussion with yourself. One opinion for each of your accounts... :gee:
I am pretty sure there is a clinical phrase that describes that behavior. hehe :scholar:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm just going to let the drama die down on both forums. More information is never a bad thing. People on this game have always shown how selfish they are and getting upset at another website somewhat similar is just another example. Stratics staff doesn't seem to be a part of it though so kudos to them. I'll never understand those people that can only like one and not the other.
Honestly, we're of the opinion that UO should have official forums just like any other game, there should be a "straight from the horses mouth" type place for the game community. Sure it's been great in the past acting as an "Unofficial Official Forum" or for a time as the place they endorsed, but at the same time it's been restrictive for us in a lot of ways, every time we wanted to consider a change in direction or loosening some restrictions, even those popular with the community it's always come with the thought of "How will the Dev's react", and often those ideas have gone no where because we wanted to make sure you all had a line of contact with them. In a way the Official Forums are liberating for us, so why complain?

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Can't have static ore and wood spots because cheaters would monopolize them and it seems any changes he likes involve killing fire beetles and making mining even less miner friendly (And Lj) I liked your idea with power scrolls particularly since they make changes to pets that render a once good pet useless and well tough you are just out 100 Mil because unlike Ore and Wood we want to keep the scrolls monopolized LOL.
Did you actually read what Kyronix said? He did not support my suggestion of nerfing or removing fire beetles.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The cool thing about the new forum is, that if you have multiple paid accounts, you can have a discussion with yourself. One opinion for each of your accounts... :gee:
My doctor says it's fine as long as you don't answer yourself...

AdamPD

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as I am concerned I see it like this... Someone(s) on the DEV team got a bit butt hurt over here because they can't handle the truth... And they don't much handle criticism... at all. And the PomPom wavers ..... are the new mods over there... that much is obvious. Which means those forums over there have ZERO meaning... since truth can't be handled.
Well I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed a significant drop in a certain UO producers postings when Stratics lost all those long time mods and admins.
I'm sure it's no coincidence the official forums seemed to be in development shortly thereafter, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the mods on the official forums were from here.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed a significant drop in a certain UO producers postings when Stratics lost all those long time mods and admins.
I'm sure it's no coincidence the official forums seemed to be in development shortly thereafter, I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the mods on the official forums were from here.
Pretty sure they are... who else would they get to conform to the "rules"...