• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Comes to TC1 & UO.com Forums!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We could really use you cause I don't want to be the only pain in the ass ;)
I'll continue to harass.... I mean email Kyronix as he kindly takes the time to reply... and all...

But as for that forum... not doing it. I know how I am and eventually it'll happen.... I'll say something they don't like and yeah... just not doing it... and trust me I'm disgusted in the idea that all my accounts are already linked... but I'm not about to sign up.

At any rate thank you to Arroth_Thaiel for letting Papa Smurf know about the window.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
It's starting to look like they're getting a lot of those "Meet and Greet" style of annoying questions and I believe posters think they're actually going to get answers to them lol

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll continue to harass.... I mean email Kyronix as he kindly takes the time to reply... and all...

But as for that forum... not doing it. I know how I am and eventually it'll happen.... I'll say something they don't like and yeah... just not doing it... and trust me I'm disgusted in the idea that all my accounts are already linked... but I'm not about to sign up.

At any rate thank you to Arroth_Thaiel for letting Papa Smurf know about the window.
Looks like you made his day Malag. Nice tip!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looks like you made his day Malag. Nice tip!
NP I try to help people... I may be a hard ass when it comes to the game and all but I do try to help people. Community means a lot to me. But not enough to register my account to that forum.

I just wish someone had enlightened me of that silly aspect when I first started.

I mean seriously why make it so you CAN move the gameplay window if the freaking thing only sync's properly when it's up in that idiotic corner? I mean having it up there NEVER made any sense to me at all...

I put mine in the Lower Left corner... leaving plenty of space to have all my icons and whatnot around the top and right side... If i cover a bit of the top of the game window it's not a big deal... but if you play CC and you cover the bottom a bit you can't see what you are typing...

Dumb...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL
I'm not trying to convince you... neither to sing up, not to log in, or whateever...
All I'm saying is, that you don't have to, because your account is already set up. And not just yours, everyones UO account is...
I think what you are saying is logging into the forum in no different or riskier than logging into the game :)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(We could use a pet bonding gate on Test Center 1. Please.)

(The meeting area in Britain... If you want people to use the area,
o put *all* the teleporters there:
- the two portal devices
- the crystal for Eodon
- the jawbone for Ilshenar
- teleporters to the right and left side of the Abyss. (better yet, make something like the jawbone that can send people to a half dozen places in the Abyss, not just the left and right sides)
- a working moongate
o Move the big statue, and have the chairs facing inward to tables.
o Place crafter shops all around, and a banker too -- get inspiration from the floating docks and New Magincia. See, if this area isn't superior to Luna Mint in *every* way, people will just continue going to Luna Mint.
)
Wrong forum I suspect. Will be very interesting to see what, if any, further dev speak we see in this place.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Wrong forum I suspect. Will be very interesting to see what, if any, further dev speak we see in this place.
That's probably done. But they are trying to answer some questions in the new forum for now. So it's a good time to get your opinions in. I'm sure after a week or so BS probably won't be so thrilled about responding to every little thing.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh hello you saucy little sausage!

has anyone patched up and logged in!!!

the new log in screen is a throw back to the original one!!!!!

i wont spoil it but it looks good!
and guess what song its playing when the chest opens??????
STONES!

grrrrrrrr.... how do I get the music to play!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
grrrrrrrr.... how do I get the music to play!
you have to log into game, then turn the music on on the menu gump, then when you log in next it will play the music

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Yeah....and i won't last longer than 4 threads :D
I got a good laugh at the attempt to shut down the bring back the old Phoenix conversation!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, it's not rocket science... especially since there is a combo box when logging in, where you can select wether you want to use an UO account or your EA master account (the latter being disabled for the time being).
I wrote that BEFORE patching up and seeing the login changes. That post was before anyone had really tried getting into the forums. <shrug> It's all good ... the forums are poison as far as I'm concerned, the game (and Stratics) work ... all's good.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's probably done. But they are trying to answer some questions in the new forum for now. So it's a good time to get your opinions in. I'm sure after a week or so BS probably won't be so thrilled about responding to every little thing.
Well got my big pet peeves out there WOOD/ORE and that annoying green thorn timer. And am guessing I am not far behind Slayvite in the not surviving long there.

I wrote that BEFORE patching up and seeing the login changes. That post was before anyone had really tried getting into the forums. <shrug> It's all good ... the forums are poison as far as I'm concerned, the game (and Stratics) work ... all's good.
Looking pretty much as expected ran by the Mesana fan club clique from what I see.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I never ever understood the green thorn timer. Are they really so overpowered you need a timer on them? Makes it hard on some events when you have to multi 3-4 clients just to push thorns in the ground to make it interesting enough not to have a wait time.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well got my big pet peeves out there WOOD/ORE and that annoying green thorn timer. And am guessing I am not far behind Slayvite in the not surviving long there.

Looking pretty much as expected ran by the Mesana fan club clique from what I see.
LOL Ya, I brought up the retrieving power scrolls from useless pets. Which was quickly shot down by a dev. BUT, it WAS a quick response. I will give them that.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I never ever understood the green thorn timer. Are they really so overpowered you need a timer on them? Makes it hard on some events when you have to multi 3-4 clients just to push thorns in the ground to make it interesting enough not to have a wait time.
Way back and I can't remember the exact pub 18-19-20 ish Vorpal Bunnies dropped massive amounts of the best loot in the game and some of the biggest gold piles. If you went to the brit farms or the 3 moonglow fenced in fields there were always 2-5 people pushing thorns and farming bunnies. The Timer was put in to limit that. A pub or two later the Vorpal Bunny and Solen loot was changed and became the crap stew it is today. The timer however remained. Back then multi clienting was more difficult and required user switching on one machine or using 2+ machines which was a PITA so most folks just stopped using thorns except for the seed quest and a few of us that used the bunnies to train anat and mage on pets or occasionaly stick some in the swamp for the whipping vines or the snow for the snake. It actually was very understandable back then as Bunny loot was insanely good and it was not uncommon to get 3-4 top tier pieces of loot of that era in one bunny. Basically the equal to Legendary artis of today in terms of the power of that time. IE I got a 20 tame 15 lore 15LRC bracelet a totally awesome and L33T piece of loot back then and stuck it on a auction and pulled I believe 15 mil for it (Peanuts today but a lot of gold back then.) I think the only item I ever got that sold for more was a triple slayer from the old Haven Paladin quest that had Undead, Demon, and Dragon slayer on it....... Auctioned on Legends for like 30mil again peanuts in todays gold but a whole lot of gold back in whatever early year in the 2000s it was. But I digress as usual :) Bottom line bunnies were the top tier loot droppers of that time and were being farmed 23/7 for that top tier loot of the day, and were zero challenge or risk to kill even back then.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah saw that and the reply was flawed on so many levels.
No it wasn't. At least he gave a reason instead of just saying no. I hate PS as much as the next person, but his reasoning is sound. It's just not what you wanted to hear and it doesn't address other issues.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it wasn't. At least he gave a reason instead of just saying no. I hate PS as much as the next person, but his reasoning is sound. It's just not what you wanted to hear and it doesn't address other issues.
LOL so power scrolls drive the economy? And the gold cycles? And I guess the scrolls are not largely controlled by a handful of people either :) The answer reeked of protecting the interest of a few at the expense of everyone else.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The problem with power scrolls for pets, ESPECIALLY if they want EJ to bring a bunch of new/returning players to the game, is that players and pets are competing for the same scrolls. Any scrolls pets can use are now even more out of reach of lower level and newer players than they already were. Pet specific power scrolls might work better.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another major problem is what happens if EJ accounts are allowed to do spawns in fel. It is way to close to the EJ release date to not tell us all the rules for an EJ Account.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Thanks, Devs, for the pet bonding gate, with a nice new name, which is in the new community area in Britain.)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Another major problem is what happens if EJ accounts are allowed to do spawns in fel. It is way to close to the EJ release date to not tell us all the rules for an EJ Account.
Why is it a problem? Lets not be stingy with content.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lol, those new forums are utter bu****it !!!
2 posts about a Phoenix and i already got 2 warning points??? lol, talk about sensorship from butt hurt devs....
any info I how many points we get before banned? I'm guessing wont affect your account directly to play but u never know.
I ban thee

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you want the EJ Accounts to have access to the Fel Spawn, right. Why wasn't trial accounts allowed in Fel?
They were allowed in Fel, so long as you removed young player status. But it had restrictions: Most notable is that you couldn't enter dungeons. I believe t2a was off limits as well, but I don't remember if I tried to access them - the only t2a entrance I would have tried back in 2013 was the Moonglow mage shop teleporter, due to ease of access. All of the others were travel times I wasn't interested in, due to not having any runes at the time.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So you want the EJ Accounts to have access to the Fel Spawn, right. Why wasn't trial accounts allowed in Fel?
This is a non-sequitur. Saying the reason you don't want them to go to fel champs is because they couldn't before is not a good argument.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
The forum looks and works like a cheap Wordpress forum plugin.

Also, I am patching currently.. but if that chest is the new login screen..it looks ridiculous. Can't they hire proper artists? There are affordable ones that don't make things look like a rejected programmer who took up Word Art as a hobby made them.

Edit: Checked the source. It is Wordpress. LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a non-sequitur. Saying the reason you don't want them to go to fel champs is because they couldn't before is not a good argument.
They should not be allowed in for the same reason they were not allowed in under trial accounts, now please use that gray matter and figure it out yourself.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You guys are backwards. Why prevent EJ from doing stuff and instead ask yourselves why these ghost cams even exist in the first place. Stop making rules and limitations for people to hurt cheaters. It's not working.

Proof? Frodo just said trial accounts are limited for the same reason EJ accounts should be limited. Then he likes a post saying ghost cams will be everywhere. Ghost cams are already everywhere, so why limit EJ because ghost cams are already everywhere? That doesn't make a single **** of sense.

Open your eyes and notice that they are only hurting the real players.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole point of EJ is to entice players to put money on a sub. Housing is the key difference. Preventing EJ accounts from high end areas lessens the chances someone would fill up their bank and whatever storage thing they talked about starting.

The game is already full of cams, multiboxers and scripters, according to every other thread. Trying to prevent new/returning people from enjoying the game and chancing a few would put money into a sub would be slicing your own throat.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just love all these people supporting EJ into Fel Spawn, the multiboxers will love having and endless supply of fodder accounts to throw at anybody trying to raid a spawn or they will use them to start a raid then kill what is left. Can't wait to hear all the FELLIES scream for a nerf because of the HUGE GANK SQUADS they want to let in.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The whole point of EJ is to entice players to put money on a sub. Housing is the key difference. Preventing EJ accounts from high end areas lessens the chances someone would fill up their bank and whatever storage thing they talked about starting.

The game is already full of cams, multiboxers and scripters, according to every other thread. Trying to prevent new/returning people from enjoying the game and chancing a few would put money into a sub would be slicing your own throat.
EJ accounts need not fill up anything all they have to do is drop whatever on the ground and have the paid storage account pick it up... If they think limiting all that will stop anything they are seriously mistaken.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought about going over to the new forum to secure my name but I think I'll pass on that. I have seen bad thing in the past on boards that associate your board name with an account of some sort. No thanks.

Someone should create a thread of people that won't secure their names over there. I see lots of imposters on that board in the future!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just love all these people supporting EJ into Fel Spawn, the multiboxers will love having and endless supply of fodder accounts to throw at anybody trying to raid a spawn or they will use them to start a raid then kill what is left. Can't wait to hear all the FELLIES scream for a nerf because of the HUGE GANK SQUADS they want to let in.
I thought this is what you'd say. I thought you'd say too many people will be in the content or cheaters would abuse it. Your above post just boils down to selfishness. Just like many of the arguments people on here have. They have something and they don't want others to have it. You see "gank squads." I see more players. You see cheaters. I see the same people we already have. You want limits on real players to stop cheaters. The cheaters are already here.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just like many of the arguments people on here have. They have something and they don't want others to have it.
But they play for free! They don't deserve the good stuff. /sarcasm

I thought this is what you'd say. I thought you'd say too many people will be in the content or cheaters would abuse it. Your above post just boils down to selfishness. Just like many of the arguments people on here have. They have something and they don't want others to have it. You see "gank squads." I see more players. You see cheaters. I see the same people we already have. You want limits on real players to stop cheaters. The cheaters are already here.
The Moab of truth bombs.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do other games allow trial subscriptions to have unlimited access to all of the game's high-end encounters?
I hope that was an honest question because they were talking about spawns which are 15 year old content. Before the pet revamp this wouldn't be a discussion and most here would still say "let fel rot".

Different games do different things. Some limit content. Some give full content and limit items. Some do both.

Like I've said before, housing is the key to subs. They've already shot down housing for EJ so that's a huge limitation.

In the end, it's NOT our game not our decision.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:postcount:, they need to sub in order to get full access (no sarcasm). This isn't F2P, it's called Freemium
Current players keep tacking limits on they'll be limited to Brit bank and Haven lol.

No spawns. No resources. No Doom. No underworld. Forget events. No housing. The greed is real.