• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Comes to TC1 & UO.com Forums!

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings All, We are pleased to announce the first of several TC1 Publish 99 releases will be available for testing on TC1 by 2pm ET February 28, 2018. Publish 99 is full of new features, so make sure you patch up your client and head over to TC1 to check out the latest update. Please note that some features will not be available on TC1, check the notes for full release details. As always, we look forward to your feedback. Also, if you haven’t already please signup for the Ultima Online newsletter to get the latest updates! Look for the […]

Continue reading...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here is the correct link for those wondering why they linked Pub98 notes :rolleyes:

Publish 99 – Ultima Online

I'm no gonna go into the spelling mistakes, but that thing - AGAIN! - could have used a second look. Professionals.. you know..

And forum is down already..

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'll save you guys some reading:

"All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training. Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults."

Yay for fairness! =)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't check since forums are down, but I just hope the username on the forums will not be the same as your account name. Because otherwise I can see a lot of shady people collecting everyone's account names. Don't fall for that! Unless you have a strong and long password in this game where you have to enter it every time you change a toon ;)

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Not sure where I got this from, but I thought pub 99 was supposed to be some massive bug fix publish to get ready for EJ....

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought pub 99 was supposed to be a bug fixing update?
or was that publish 100?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't check since forums are down, but I just hope the username on the forums will not be the same as your account name. Because otherwise I can see a lot of shady people collecting everyone's account names. Don't fall for that! Unless you have a strong and long password in this game where you have to enter it every time you change a toon ;)
Scares the hell out of me that they are linking forum account with game account. Forums often times have open sources and sometimes frightening security holes. Not saying all because some are secure.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure where I got this from, but I thought pub 99 was supposed to be some massive bug fix publish to get ready for EJ....
I thought pub 99 was supposed to be a bug fixing update?
or was that publish 100?

The team is still hard at work getting Endless Journey completed before our holiday break.
Plot twist: Wasn't hard enough to keep up with the promises Bonnie loves to make.

So we are like 2 months behind schedule and all..

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

Plot twist: Wasn't hard enough to keep up with the promises Bonnie loves to make.

So we are like 2 months behind schedule and all..
In fairness, completed and implemented are not the same. EJ was revealed in detail at the 20th party, and they were shooting for a March release, so they are right on target right now.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Scares the hell out of me that they are linking forum account with game account. Forums often times have open sources and sometimes frightening security holes. Not saying all because some are secure.
Speaking for myself, I usually have strong passwords where I can copy and paste them. They all in a password container and I never have to type them.

UO on the other hand, I have to type the password every time I change my toon. Guess how secure and long it is :rolleyes:. Not long or secure at all! The whole account security is based on nobody knowing my account name. Well...

Now imagine the shady people get account names for high profile players, let's say @Captn Norrington . I'm sure they would have a field day trying to figure the password out. Less of a risk for no-names like me, but still a risk.

But as of now, It's not even confirmed. Maybe you can set a different displayname over there. Just waiting for the forums to come up again.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In fairness, completed and implemented are not the same. EJ was revealed in detail at the 20th party, and they were shooting for a March release, so they are right on target right now.
So where are the notes on the "DETAILS"

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Speaking for myself, I usually have strong passwords where I can copy and paste them. They all in a password container and I never have to type them.

UO on the other hand, I have to type the password every time I change my toon. Guess how secure and long it is :rolleyes:. Not long or secure at all! The whole account security is based on nobody knowing my account name. Well...

Now imagine the shady people get account names for high profile players, let's say @Captn Norrington . I'm sure they would have a field day trying to figure the password out. Less of a risk for no-names like me, but still a risk.

But as of now, It's not even confirmed. Maybe you can set a different displayname over there. Just waiting for the forums to come up again.
Ctrl and v will paste your password in the UO Client

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Picus of Napa was to long for some reason, so Picus it is....second thread on that site but till it's running there is a uber lack of content.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It even kinda works on mobile :thumbup: Apparently no one applied the general UO styling to it, but it works.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh hello you saucy little sausage!

has anyone patched up and logged in!!!

the new log in screen is a throw back to the original one!!!!!

i wont spoil it but it looks good!
and guess what song its playing when the chest opens??????
STONES!

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It even kinda works on mobile :thumbup: Apparently no one applied the general UO styling to it, but it works.
Oh, but they did apply the UO styling to it...
- poor use of negative space.
- mixed up iconography
- non-responsive
- terrible navigation

and an rss feed? do people still use those?..

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay just got all patched up..I wasn't around for the chest log-in screen but it's really cool lookin!

Forums are REALLY cool...so far ;) I got the ~Upload failed~ Message a few times when uploading my avatar picture but it went in there anyway....need to find out how to get my signature pic in there....best site to upload from? Cus I usually have my images stored here....

Anyway gonna log into TC and poke around! :)

Zaiko

Visitor
Hope EJ comes soon. Just returned, a bit frustrated haven't been able to purchase SA all month and no way to get it.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(It looks like all characters on Test Center 1 were deleted. Gee, I hope that doesn't happen when Pub 99 comes to the production shards.)

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll save you guys some reading:

"All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training. Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults."

Yay for fairness! =)

I love that they crack down on cheaters, but I'm a bit scared for my favourite pet. It was a great cu sidhe before the new animal training stuff, but of course a 4 slot. Now that I'm (more) familiar with the new methods, I released it and re-tamed it, to drop it to 3 slots.

I haven't started training it yet, but I fear I made a mistake. Can anyone offer some re-assurance? The pet has really some intangible value as it is one of my oldest and certainly my most used pet. I would hate to have it screwed up and not being able to use it effectively anymore.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
uo forums, I ban thee lol. I did a 4 slot pet when I first started, didn't realize at first. the devs are doing right thing about exploited pets. I wish they would warn people on patch page so no ones buys but most knew the pets were too high/good. I wonder if they are going to be able to get all the exploited pets or will they still be better than unexploited pets.

Per mesanna it is not a bug. However they may add a delay. Wont be until after ej im guessing.
It is so sad to me that the entire Dev Team is solely focused on the success on the EJ rollout (using the Current PAYING/RL Money Subscribers to test drive the Devs Teams current concept.

What about an iota of Love, being given to the PAYING PLAYERS, who are actually Bank Rolling this New EJ Endeavor?

The trade window bug NEEDS to be a major priority!

After-all... The Current Subscribers are the Bread & Butter for UO's Profits, paying for them to develop a New FTP client, that may quite possibly bring in less New $$$ Revenue, than They anticipate.
How about "throwing a few bones" at the current Paying Subscribers that have helped keep UO afloat?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The new forums are hideous and clunky AF. I know UO is retro and all, but do the forums really need to look like they came from the late 90's as well?

Sad.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I'm afraid of is that these forums are going to be something just thrown together and they maintained part time by the devs. Forums are great when you have a dedicated staff and admin (ie stratics), however when maintained part time it can cause some pretty serious security concerns. I'm certainly not saying this will be the case with the new forums but I don't believe I'll be signing up anytime soon.