• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 99 Comes to TC1 & UO.com Forums!

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What I'm afraid of is that these forums are going to be something just thrown together and they maintained part time by the devs. Forums are great when you have a dedicated staff and admin (ie stratics), however when maintained part time it can cause some pretty serious security concerns. I'm certainly not saying this will be the case with the new forums but I don't believe I'll be signing up anytime soon.
I like Stratics, but it's over managed. I'm not sure what security concerns you mean though, so maybe just ignorant in that aspect. The new forums look great to me. I look forward to both the community here and the forum there.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can't check since forums are down, but I just hope the username on the forums will not be the same as your account name. Because otherwise I can see a lot of shady people collecting everyone's account names. Don't fall for that! Unless you have a strong and long password in this game where you have to enter it every time you change a toon ;)
From this quote (note the bold) - "Finally, we are pleased to announce the launch of our new official forums! You must have an active subscription to login to the forums, and can do so here using your Ultima Online game login credentials." I am assuming these would be what you use in the client to login.

I can confirm ... use the GAME login - your client one, not master account.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like Stratics, but it's over managed. I'm not sure what security concerns you mean though, so maybe just ignorant in that aspect. The new forums look great to me. I look forward to both the community here and the forum there.
The old UO Forums were way over managed as the Devs were the mods and if you pissed one off you got a time out along with your game account. Stratics came into being to give us a place that was not tied to UO Accounts.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • Fixed issue where the New Haven Dark Knight quest could no longer be reached via rune.
Dang, and I just started a new character. I could have used that Crystal Ball of Knowledge. Now I gotta grind up a different toon or buy it.

• Cliloc changes
What's this?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Where is / WAS the link to
UO.com Forums
Ummm, hello? Go to UO DOT com and you will find "Forum" under the "Community" link. Use the "Sign in" button - even if it's your first time. Your game CLIENT login is what is required - not the master account.

That's one of a couple methods.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure where I got this from, but I thought pub 99 was supposed to be some massive bug fix publish to get ready for EJ....
No... 99 has always been the changes to lead into EJ, with 100 (and possibly 101 as well) being bug passes (existing, and ones created by EJ).

101 or 102 might include additions to High Seas, if we are lucky.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ummm, hello? Go to UO DOT com and you will find "Forum" under the "Community" link. Use the "Sign in" button - even if it's your first time. Your game CLIENT login is what is required - not the master account.

That's one of a couple methods.
It wasn't there when I asked but it is now. TY

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Made an account at the new forums just to lock in my name :) Cause like everyone wants my posting name ;) Should check it out before it goes to Hell :p It's not really very impressive, but I guess it works. The avatar icons are tiny. It isn't impressive like Stratics, that's for sure. Maybe they will jazz it up *soon*. I guess I need to check both forums now cause there certainly isn't one forum to rule them all.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I went to the UO forum. I am VERY hesitant though to "register". I am a bit nervous about having to log in with a UO account name and password. @Bleak @Kyronix
Once you get in you can change your posting name to whatever you want. Plus if you don't have a UO account I suppose you can't get in to post. So I guess it keeps the riff raft out. But I get what your saying. I expected this though. They want to know who you are. If they can dangle your account over your head you'll probably be a better citizen of the forums. lol Currently the TOS only says they'll ban you from your forum account and makes no mention of your game account though. As far as I know just about every modern MMO requires your game account to get in the forums. I don't like it either but what can you do? I can't find any reference to my UO login info anywhere or an email address for me or anything.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
OMG Mesanna posted there ;) "Welcome Everyone, We are so happy to finally get the Forums up and running. Remember if you do not have an active account you can not post here." She has no avatar pic ;)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure if anyone else has noticed yet, but your account on those forums seems to be tied to your Mythic account, not your individual UO account. I logged in using the wrong account information and it still worked, so apparently any account attached to the Mythic is linked to the forum as well.

I agree with those who said the forum is rather lackluster too, everything is so jumbled together and difficult to read comfortably.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You're not banned yet?!?!?! :gee:
No, not yet. :p I wanted to show up at the party but trying to stay outta the mess. I don't find the boards pleasing to look at and the font and everything is pretty tiny. I can read it but it's just tiny and annoying. So it's not an enjoyable place to hang out. Maybe I can adjust the colors and such but haven't seen that. I did find the TOS with some help, I wanted to read that right off ;)

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So time for a question.

Guilds with 20 members can use the new communication system.

Does that mean 20 active members who have been in-game within a certain time period or 20 members period without regard to when they were last in-game?

*hopes it is the latter*

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"All pets which have been exploited by releasing or death will have the following stats reset and incur a penalty to their advanced pet training. Strength, intelligence, dexterity, hit points, stamina, mana, base damage, and all resists will be reset to defaults."

Saw that one coming from a mile away, which is why i advised people to avoid buying really high stat pets, or putting Power Scrolls on them. I've personally seen a tamed Cu Sidhe with 2,500 Health and 1,500 Mana as a result of that exploit. Person had all 120 PS on it too, wasting hundreds of millions of gold.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just left a note in the Account Security thread in General talk. Along with the OP there, I think linkage of account/forum in any manner is not a good idea. I am not going back there until it's better. I didn't spend 40 years in IT (security as one job) to see something like that. Nope.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Once you get in you can change your posting name to whatever you want. Plus if you don't have a UO account I suppose you can't get in to post. So I guess it keeps the riff raft out. But I get what your saying. I expected this though. They want to know who you are. If they can dangle your account over your head you'll probably be a better citizen of the forums. lol Currently the TOS only says they'll ban you from your forum account and makes no mention of your game account though. As far as I know just about every modern MMO requires your game account to get in the forums. I don't like it either but what can you do? I can't find any reference to my UO login info anywhere or an email address for me or anything.
Those mmos have people that regularly checks and updates those forums. Do you expect the same kind of attention from the devs here? Thats not a jab at them its just reality. Tjey don't have the resources those other mmos have.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh hello you saucy little sausage!

has anyone patched up and logged in!!!

the new log in screen is a throw back to the original one!!!!!

i wont spoil it but it looks good!
and guess what song its playing when the chest opens??????
STONES!
For someone who doesn't play the game with sound, you're awfully excited for the music.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm bothered about the quit button being in a different spot on the game login screen. Side note, I saw someone training a 132hp 2 slot Cu earlier. Maybe he didn't get the memo...

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love that they crack down on cheaters, but I'm a bit scared for my favourite pet. It was a great cu sidhe before the new animal training stuff, but of course a 4 slot. Now that I'm (more) familiar with the new methods, I released it and re-tamed it, to drop it to 3 slots.

I haven't started training it yet, but I fear I made a mistake. Can anyone offer some re-assurance? The pet has really some intangible value as it is one of my oldest and certainly my most used pet. I would hate to have it screwed up and not being able to use it effectively anymore.
Nope, that pet is fertiliser now.....Just like my "original" Phoenix.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
> The pet has really some intangible value as it is one of my oldest and certainly my most used pet. I would hate to have it screwed up and not being able to use it effectively anymore.

Thou'lt need to visit Test Center 1 to be sure. My legacy pet is salvageable.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol, those new forums are utter bu****it !!!
2 posts about a Phoenix and i already got 2 warning points??? lol, talk about sensorship from butt hurt devs....
I don’t think I’ll be using those forums much, Stratocaster is enough for me.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 posts about a Phoenix and i already got 2 warning points??? lol, talk about sensorship from butt hurt devs....
Warning points? Sounds like cleanup britannia Programm.
How long does it takes that the forum will be used for brute force attacks for login credentials?
Are the posting names unique?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warning points? Sounds like cleanup britannia Programm.
How long does it takes that the forum will be used for brute force attacks for login credentials?
Are the posting names unique?
Indeed, using your game login username and password for a website forum is about the most idiotic thing to do in the modern era.
Only a 4th grade idiot would ever think that that is a good idea for a game that is constantly under threat from hackers to **** your accounts and sell everything you own before cross sharding away to oblivion with the profits....

...oh wait...i forgot who is running UO there for a minute ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet every modern MMO does it
Lets not confuse "modern" MMO's with UO.
Modern MMO's also use things like account security and 2 stage autnentification ect...
They will also replace items lost due to hacked accounts....UO will NOT.

Heck, UO only just about has a working account system and the probable only reason more aren't hacked is because the account system confuses the hell out of the hackers also to the point they sit there and say "ah hell, its not worth this much hassel" ;)

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really? Were the warnings just about the phoenix or were they for how you said it?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Really? Were the warnings just about the phoenix or were they for how you said it?
When a Phoenix post gets locked and the same basic post gets posted again... well.... that doesn't even fly here. I wouldn't have bothered locking the first post. But it their ballpark and that's what you get. I was amazed the 2nd Phoenix post is still standing. And often it's not what you say but how you say it. I'm sure BS knows all the posters from here and we will naturally carry that baggage there with us lol I personally have yet to determine if I really even need to go there for anything :p We get the same basic information here and in an easier to use more secure format. Since I don't actually believe BS tells us the truth about the issues that really matter to me I just don't see a point even talking about it there.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Not impressed with the *Official* Forum and will probably only go there during my bans from stratics.
Well... yes.... that is a plus I hadn't thought of lol Right now I'm lured to watching it like a train wreck. Just waiting for the wheels to fly off the bus lol

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... yes.... that is a plus I hadn't thought of lol Right now I lured to watching it like a train wreck. Just waiting for the wheels to fly off the bus lol
On the bright side it is a good place for the Mesana fan club that believes everytime she farts she is working hard and whispering wisdom. And since the account has to be active it does keep out the people that don't even play the game from rambling on and on about whats wrong with the game.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From this quote (note the bold) - "Finally, we are pleased to announce the launch of our new official forums! You must have an active subscription to login to the forums, and can do so here using your Ultima Online game login credentials." I am assuming these would be what you use in the client to login.

I can confirm ... use the GAME login - your client one, not master account.
Well, it's not rocket science... especially since there is a combo box when logging in, where you can select wether you want to use an UO account or your EA master account (the latter being disabled for the time being).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have no intention of making an account on those forums... no intention of linking any account to that at all.

Would though hope that someone would inform Papa Smurf under the Bugs listing House Placement that the gap is because he's moved his game play window from the upper left corner. And if he moves it back up into the upper left corner the image will once again line up with the cursor... it's a super stupid thing but it's been in the game since day 1... took me over a year maybe 2 or 3 to learn that little tidbit of information... how many times I could have actually placed my own house but never knew how it worked I'll never know... at any rate it's stupid but that's how it works.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no intention of making an account on those forums... no intention of linking any account to that at all.
You don't have to. You already have at least one. One for each UO account you have. You just have to use your credentials to log in and pick a nickname for the forum.
(I'm aware that you don't want to go there, because you're afaraid of getting banned. So just saying that it's actually quite easy for people, who actually want to go there).

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You don't have to. You already have at least one. One for each UO account you have. You just have to use your credentials to log in and pick a nickname for the forum.
(I'm aware that you don't want to go there, because you're afaraid of getting banned. So just saying that it's actually quite easy for people, who actually want to go there).
Not about to link one of my accounts to some forum. AT ALL EVER.

As for the getting Banned it's no secret that I'm not a fanboy/girl... and would eventually say something that would be bad... but the idea of linking my account log in information on a forum.... just NO.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think you understand. There is just one UO account, which works both for the game & the forums. There is no linking involved. Regardless if you sign in at least once or not...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think you understand. There is just one UO account, which works both for the game & the forums. There is no linking involved. Regardless if you sign in at least once or not...
I am NOT signing up on that forum.... EVER. Period.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(We could use a pet bonding gate on Test Center 1. Please.)

(The meeting area in Britain... If you want people to use the area,
o put *all* the teleporters there:
- the two portal devices
- the crystal for Eodon
- the jawbone for Ilshenar
- teleporters to the right and left side of the Abyss. (better yet, make something like the jawbone that can send people to a half dozen places in the Abyss, not just the left and right sides)
- a working moongate
o Move the big statue, and have the chairs facing inward to tables.
o Place crafter shops all around, and a banker too -- get inspiration from the floating docks and New Magincia. See, if this area isn't superior to Luna Mint in *every* way, people will just continue going to Luna Mint.
)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Did they do the changes around the Britain Bank? I might have to go to test center to see that.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
LOL
I'm not trying to convince you... neither to sing up, not to log in, or whateever...
All I'm saying is, that you don't have to, because your account is already set up. And not just yours, everyones UO account is...
Your not forcing me to sign up either! How dare you! :p