• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86.3 on TC1

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why are we stll even bothering with STAT LOSS anymore? Here you are wanting to have a little pvp fun. You get bumped off. You want to get rezed and back into the fight. No wait. You have stat loss for a while. Crap - might as well go play some other game. Stat Loss is a stupid idea. What purpose does it really serve but to stop the action of a good fight. If this new VvV is to get players back into the game having some pvp fun - why punish them with stat loss?
Stat loss is 2 and half minutes.....

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stat loss is 2 and half minutes.....
Damn they really shortened the hell out of it didn't they? I thought it was suppose to last 10 minutes... kind of defeats the purpose of that "stat-loss potion" doesn't it?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You don't see it as a flaw in the system ?
Now i can get a +10 dex crimmy for my dexxer for free.
I can get a better orny+crystring for my mage/tamer char for free.. etc etc..

I'm pretty amazed that we had a VvV group, and all they could come up with, was free stuff, and clear counts.
And ya, i really think adding hair dyes to the VvV system will get more people to pvp.

The arties are a moot point. They were basically free in factions, they are basically free now. Nothing has changed, except instead of farming for silver, you farm for silver POINTS.

While I hate the faction arties, removing them at THIS point would be A LOT of people having to change their suits. The outcry and negative pushback would be amazing to watch.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn they really shortened the hell out of it didn't they? I thought it was suppose to last 10 minutes... kind of defeats the purpose of that "stat-loss potion" doesn't it?
I thought the same thing, although I suppose being able to remove your stat instantly could still be useful in battle situations.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, VvsV should work on all facets. It would make the normal shards a much nicer place.
Also the VvsV Artifacts should not have full power vs non VvsV players and mobs. Farmed artifacts and crafted stuff should be more powerful
Making VvV arties equal to the old faction arties, is pretty dumb.
Everyone complained about them beeing too powerfull, and abused by none faction players..
Then they got nerfed with a timer on, and rank requirement changed..almost everyone left faction..
Now we have this shiny new VvV system, And the past seems to have been forgotten ?
Why on earth are we intruducing the same problems again ?

If i do peerless, it will take me 200 hours, maby more maby less, to get a crimmy.
If i go blacktorns castle, its probberly the same.

Now i can join VvV with my fisherman/crafter/whatever char..
And get a free crimson, and not partisipating in any pvp at all...
This does devaluate the crimson, and all the other gear intruduced with VvV

The worst part is, the "free" version of thise items, are better than the ones i can get..
I do fail to see any logic in this at all...

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The arties are a moot point. They were basically free in factions, they are basically free now. Nothing has changed, except instead of farming for silver, you farm for silver POINTS.

While I hate the faction arties, removing them at THIS point would be A LOT of people having to change their suits. The outcry and negative pushback would be amazing to watch.
Most people left faction, when they added the 4 week timer, so this arent even an issue.. Those who did stay in faction, changed their suit anyways, and used max 1 artie due to the high silver requirement. The faction horse is still cool thou, and very usefull :)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think 5min is ok.. 10min is still too much.. I live on a small shard, where it can be hard to find pvp, unless you serve youre enemy a champ to fight over..(kinda sad really)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happened to the "some items only work in Fel" aspect. That was in the notes, and something folks whined about endlessly since the last faction changes. Have any of you actually tested any of this, or are we all shooting from the hip about now?

Petkiller1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I was looking at the new loot on test using my treasure hunter and after dong 4 level 6 chest and killing all the spawn that let me look at over 600 items but never found a splintering weapon? Did I get unlucky or are they only dropping in shame, wrong and covetous?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What happened to the "some items only work in Fel" aspect. That was in the notes, and something folks whined about endlessly since the last faction changes. Have any of you actually tested any of this, or are we all shooting from the hip about now?
I don't know about the "only working in Fel" part of things. But what really, really irks me is that there are "silver traders" at the banks in TRAMMEL on TC1. Yup, you can apparently buy your VvV items in Trammel.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was looking at the new loot on test using my treasure hunter and after dong 4 level 6 chest and killing all the spawn that let me look at over 600 items but never found a splintering weapon? Did I get unlucky or are they only dropping in shame, wrong and covetous?
I don't know the answer to this but was the other loot good? I've been saving up my treasure maps and SOS ready to try the new loot! Did you have a luck suit and did you dig them in trammel or fel?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think 5min is ok.. 10min is still too much.. I live on a small shard, where it can be hard to find pvp, unless you serve youre enemy a champ to fight over..(kinda sad really)
5 mins, even 10 minutes is better than it use to be (it use to be 20 minutes), but 2.5mins you could sometimes take that long to find a res...

hmm, I wonder if stat-loss is accumulative now, so each time you die it adds another 2.5minutes to the stat-loss timer? (I doubt it would be a stacking debuff...) but it would justify a 2.5minute stat-loss if it could stack up to 10minutes, although I don't think promoting res-killing would be the best way to go.

unless the 2.5min timer is a TC1 only thing, and maybe it will be adjusted back to 10 minutes before it goes live? It doesn't really bother me regardless, it's just interesting that it's been reduced so much. I prefer to be in a small (2-5 person) group myself, so the longer stat-loss is, the better it would be for me, 2.5 minutes might be a bit rough... It's hard to keep people down sometimes, so... that's something.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Man, I'm just so not understanding some of this so please forgive me for asking stupid questions! I've read this whole thread and I'm still not sure I get a few things.

• Players can join Vice vs Virtue by using the “Join Vice vs Virtue” option from the “My Guild” page of the Guild Menu.
  • Clicking “Accept!” from the acceptance gump will enroll players in Vice vs Virtue. While enrolled in Vice vs Virtue players will be open to attack from other VvV players while in a non-consensual PvP facet.
This means that if I join, I'll be attackable by any VvV players in malas, trammel, tok and ish, right? At any time? Since you consent to PvP by going to Fel then I assume non-consensual facets are all the others? I was kind of looking forward to VvV as I like a little battle now and then but I really don't want to have to make a character who's only function is to risk PvP all the time, anywhere. If I did, I'd just play fel. ;) If this is the case, I'm out.
  • At the start of the battle non-VvV players will receive a warning gump indicating that if they do not leave the battle city they will be open to attack.
  • Any non-VvV player entering the city during the battle will receive the same warning gump.
So in any city that has a battle going any other character who happens to be there when a battle starts has to get the *beep* out of there pronto before they're attacked and killed? How long do we have? In most cases this won't be a problem unless I do something dumb like miss the message while in a long crafting session or accidentally get overloaded shopping (I hate when I do that...). Does the warning about entering apply to gates/recall and can I abort traveling there? How does this work?

One of the reasons I hate the RANDOM town invasions (yes, I know I'm in the minority here) is that I hate recalling in to my favorite bank and getting immediately slaughtered by monsters before my screen redraws. I can cope since I know the town invasions event eventually ends but if this is to be permanent I'm going to be remarking runes to a non virtue city bank. ;)

I guess overall I'm a little disappointed, I don't think there's anything in VvV for me. I really don't care about the arties or wiping counts, heck, some of my best friends have so many counts the sun will blow up before they'd decay so I'll just go about my normal routines (with a slight banking adjustment) and let everyone else have all the fun! If the only time VvV is activated during a battle in a city, I'd probably jump all over that but as I'm reading it now, not a chance.

-P.E.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This means that if I join, I'll be attackable by any VvV players in malas, trammel, tok and ish, right? At any time? Since you consent to PvP by going to Fel then I assume non-consensual facets are all the others? I was kind of looking forward to VvV as I like a little battle now and then but I really don't want to have to make a character who's only function is to risk PvP all the time, anywhere. If I did, I'd just play fel. ;) If this is the case, I'm out.
No, you will not be attackable in Trammal, Malas, etc. Felucca only. Felucca is the only non-consensual PvP facet.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
so you have to be in a guild to play VvV?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so you have to be in a guild to play VvV?
Correct. It seems to be a very large "last man standing" type of guild warfare. I was not able to discern any "team" affiliation outside ones guild or alliance.

fajico

Seasoned Veteran
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've noticed the same issue too. Not only splintering weapon, but also all the other SA properties don't come with magic items from the loot on certain area/facet.
I've already reported it on an old thread almost a month ago.

http://stratics.com/community/threads/uo-com-publish-86-2-to-tc1.319806/#post-2419964

I just did T-maps on TC1 again today, just one map on each facet and the issue still remains the same.
Only treasure chests in Illshener and Tel Mur have magic items that have SA properties.
It seems the loot from overland mobs have the same issue too.

I don't know the answer to this but was the other loot good? I've been saving up my treasure maps and SOS ready to try the new loot! Did you have a luck suit and did you dig them in trammel or fel?
I've only tested t-maps and here's what I got from 6 treasure chests I did today on each facet with about 2100 luck suit.

Trammel: Level 6 Total 69 magic items.
Minor: 15, Lesser: 29, Greater: 12, Major: 3, No Artifacts.
Felucca: Level 5 Total 63
Minor: 16, Lesser: 38, Greater: 9, Major: 0, No Artifacts.
Illshener: Level 6 Total 65
Minor: 6, Lesser: 43, Greater: 16, Major: 0, No Artifacts.
Malas: Level 6 Total 67
Minor: 3, Lesser: 51, Greater: 13, Major: 0, No Artifacts.
Tokuno: Level 5 Total 62
Minor: 15, Lesser: 44, Greater: 3, Major: 0, No Artifacts.
Tel Mur: Level 6 Total 71
Minor: 6, Lesser: 48, Greater: 17, Major: 0, No Artifacts.

These numbers are just rough count and not 100% correct.
The loot of treasure chests are pretty disappointing IMO, especially when compared with the loot of Peerless Bosses. I did some Chief Paroxy on felucca and of the 40+ magic items I found on the corpse, actually over half of them are Artifacts and 1-5 of them are Legendary.
All you can get from treasure chests are just tons of second tier jewels/armors/weapons, but at least they are now upgraded to shame style so there are still chances to get nice SSI jewels or splintering weapons.
I also went to Doom Gauntlet, Khaldun puzzle chests, dungeon chests and Slim the Fence, these are not worth trying at all if you go to these places for magic items.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree, VvsV should work on all facets. It would make the normal shards a much nicer place.
No one will risk offering a res or heal to a stranger in a dungeon, lest that person's friends come over to gank. That is not what I consider "nicer."

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i do peerless, it will take me 200 hours, maby more maby less, to get a crimmy.
If i go blacktorns castle, its probberly the same.

Now i can join VvV with my fisherman/crafter/whatever char..
And get a free crimson, and not partisipating in any pvp at all...
This does devaluate the crimson, and all the other gear intruduced with VvV

The worst part is, the "free" version of thise items, are better than the ones i can get..
I do fail to see any logic in this at all...
Except it actually doesn't devalue the originals. To get them, you have to go to Fel and opt-in to VvV, then select them from a reward vendor. Sure, you can do that and never set foot in a VvV area again, but you're forgetting one other detail: the items are bound to the character that claims the reward, so they can't be sold.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except it actually doesn't devalue the originals. To get them, you have to go to Fel and opt-in to VvV, then select them from a reward vendor. Sure, you can do that and never set foot in a VvV area again, but you're forgetting one other detail: the items are bound to the character that claims the reward, so they can't be sold.
and, they will break and need replacing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some feedback about VvV: I wandered around Minoc on TC1 a few minutes ago during a battle.

What was really puzzling was that I kept seeing messages the whole time telling me that the city was unoccupied! And yet bsv claimed an altar at least twice (maybe a third time, I got distracted). I saw PJay, Mervyn, and apparently Xet Ih'ara was there as well and grabbed a sigil and turned it in.

Also, there was a gump that showed up for a split second at the end of the battle. It was HUGE. However, because my character was walking, it didn't stay on the screen and I couldn't figure out how to bring it back. I really wonder what it said!?!?! Might have been interesting to look at. But alas, I just got a tantalizing glimpse of this big rolled-out parchment and then it was gone.

Is this the way things are supposed to work?

minoc battle on tc1.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First off if VvV was in Trammel you may as well stop doing EM events. I could see it now.... we are all doing an EM event and then a big boss spawns and all the VvV idiots start killing one another and half the Trammel non-VvV people don't know what's going on and end up healing some of them and find themselves in the VvV system when they weren't wanting to be.

No I am glad it's NOT in Trammel..... Fel BS ought to stay in Fel. No one wants that crap in Trammel. That's why there is a Trammel. If I wanted Fel everywhere I'd be on Siege..... oh wait... I am.

Anyway that's where it belongs not in Trammel. Certainly would ruin EM events.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh wow, I really misunderstood the fel part only ... phew! I think I might give this a try now! If the green text Tina showed is the "warning" you get then I'm sure some people will miss it. Oh, and Tina, what's that black arrow? Is that part of the system too?

-P.E.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off if VvV was in Trammel you may as well stop doing EM events. I could see it now.... we are all doing an EM event and then a big boss spawns and all the VvV idiots start killing one another and half the Trammel non-VvV people don't know what's going on and end up healing some of them and find themselves in the VvV system when they weren't wanting to be.

No I am glad it's NOT in Trammel..... Fel BS ought to stay in Fel. No one wants that crap in Trammel. That's why there is a Trammel. If I wanted Fel everywhere I'd be on Siege..... oh wait... I am.

There are a couple of things about VvV the way it's set up on TC1 now that make me really wonder if there may be another phase to the system down the road that opens it up to all facets.

Here are the reasons I wonder this:

- The Silver Trader NPCs that give out VvV rewards are located in both Trammel and Fel. Why? If this is a system that is only ever going to stay in Fel, then why put the NPCs for claiming the rewards for such system in Trammel?

- The VvV reward items that your character can equip and run around in are apparently usable in any facet. Why is this, when it was one of the things about factions that caused so much anger and dissension?

- The Royal Pardons that wipe out all of a character's murder counts suggest to me that perhaps the dev team is trying to encourage PvPers with red characters to make such characters blue so they can be used in any facet. That would certainly make for less screaming/anguish if the decision is made some day to open up VvV to all facets. No more could anyone use the argument that opening up VvV to all facets means red characters will miss out on spur-of-the-moment PvP activity that takes place in a non-Fel facet.

- The opt-in mechanism for joining VvV seems to have been created specifically for the purpose of not ripping apart existing guilds and possibly forcing people who aren't active currently or don't want to leave their current guilds into a system they don't want to join. This wasn't technically necessary because all the people who are in factions now or in the past darn well knew they were in factions because the whole guild was factions and the system worked just fine. You could also join factions on an individual basis for characters who didn't belong to any guild.

- I remember some vague comments early on when we first started hearing about VvV that led me to believe that the team had every intention of putting it in so that it was active in all facets.

Anyway, I'm still mighty suspicious about this aspect of VvV. I just wonder if the concept of it being a shard-wide PvP system has been temporarily shelved until the team sees how accepting we are of just having it in Fel "for now." I could easily be wrong on this, but my gut says otherwise.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow, I really misunderstood the fel part only ... phew! I think I might give this a try now! If the green text Tina showed is the "warning" you get then I'm sure some people will miss it. Oh, and Tina, what's that black arrow? Is that part of the system too?

-P.E.
The green message is one of the messages you get while in VvV telling you what's going on. It shows up as a guild chat message. In order to participate in VvV, your character has to belong to a guild and then your individual character uses the first page of the guild gump to join VvV (it's an individual character decision).

The black arrow shows you which one of the town's three altars is currently active and that you should attempt to claim for your guild. The altars show up when the battle begins in the town.

Also, I was able to confirm that when a battle is active in a town, you can't recall into the town even with a VvV character. So people might want to start marking runes for outside city limits for the VvV towns.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You make tram players sound like idiots with ADD. :/

I think they would be able to handle it just fine.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You make tram players sound like idiots with ADD. :/

I think they would be able to handle it just fine.
Not idiots... Many of us heal others at the EM events. I'm always rezing folk and healing them. It's part of my "duty" as a Knight. I certainly could give one rats... behind about VvV and I would be torked off if because I rezed someone I ended up in the stinking thing. Its not that I don't like PvP ..... I like it fine.... when it has some sort of reason not just randomly killing someone because they were there. I have no desire for free arties or free for all PvP. So I don't want to have to figure out if somone is in VvV before I decide to rez them or heal them. I don't want some stinking pop up to block my targetting of the boss either to ask me if I know this will put me in the VvV system if I "accidently" try to heal one of them... That would seriously ruin gameplay for me and I know many others. I wouldn't want to do anything with folk in VvV. Can you imagine trying to do a peerless with a group and finding out one of them is in VvV and now because he died we'd have to decide who's going to screw their character and not be playable because we had to rez them at a peerless? So now if we don't want to participate in VvV we either leave the sucker dead..... or one of us has to rez them and then quit VvV which will basically ruin your character from being usable for days... NO I don't want that... EVER.

It's a stupid idea to make that anywhere outside of FEL. The artifacts ought to be FEL USE ONLY. Once you go to tram they should unequip. What is in Fel should STAY in FEL. If I wanted all that crap I'd play there. I don't make Tram players sound like Idiots. We prefer to be helpful to everyone... we aren't into kill, kill, kill... honestly I really don't understand why folk think they need to have Fel in Tram. If it's because you don't get enough Fel in Fel then perhaps you should question why there isn't enough Fel in Fel..... probably because that's not the playstyle folk truely enjoy.... if it was Siege and Mugen would be as populated as Atl. Obviously they aren't. That alone should say volumes.

Most folk quit trying to do PvP years ago when it was full of rampant scripts, hacks and cheaters. That hasn't ever been "fixed". Until it is..... most of us will avoid Fel like the plague that it is.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There are a couple of things about VvV the way it's set up on TC1 now that make me really wonder if there may be another phase to the system down the road that opens it up to all facets.
I hope so. Factions was splitting guilds, making the guilds jump between the factions. Now tied up to the guild and alliances, you have the problem with enemy guilds in same faction.
Guild wars had the problem, that they could not find guilds to war and they had to be in war with the whole guild.
Did they make it so the whole guild don't have to join but each member can join?
It seem like this system can be really great and I don't think it would hurt to let it work in Trammel too as long the ones who do not join cant attack VvsV in Trammel and can't heal a VvsV, who are fighting other VvsV, just like in guild wars. It will just be a better version of guild wars :)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and, they will break and need replacing.
From what I noticed, they can have unlimited shelf life. It may be a unique property of Antique items though (my only other experience with Antique items was the Despise Wisp; it gives you 100/100 stuff, which will break after 100 hits), which I mentioned in my last post & asked Kyronix if this was intended:

When I was screwing around with jewelry repairs earlier (the VvV Orny), I noticed that the durability (after it was slightly damaged - I repaired it once when it was 251/255 & another time when it was 249/255) went back to 255 both times. Is this a property unique to Antique items, or was it just the in-game RNG cooperating with me and not losing any durability? While I vaguely recall it happening at least once years back: If it helps at all, when I did the same with a ring I brought over from LS, it lost a point of durability, as items usually do when they're repaired (it was 254/255 durability.)
- The Silver Trader NPCs that give out VvV rewards are located in both Trammel and Fel. Why? If this is a system that is only ever going to stay in Fel, then why put the NPCs for claiming the rewards for such system in Trammel?
They are? Interesting. I don't think I noticed that (if I did see one in Tram, I didn't pay attention to that little detail); NPCs like that being "everywhere" isn't without precedent though - I'm pretty sure Agents of the Crown are in every city. Granted, that's due to the Town Invasion actually taking place IN towns before it got moved to Blackthorn, but yeah.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I noticed, they can have unlimited shelf life. It may be a unique property of Antique items though (my only other experience with Antique items was the Despise Wisp; it gives you 100/100 stuff, which will break after 100 hits), which I mentioned in my last post & asked Kyronix if this was intended:

They are? Interesting. I don't think I noticed that (if I did see one in Tram, I didn't pay attention to that little detail); NPCs like that being "everywhere" isn't without precedent though - I'm pretty sure Agents of the Crown are in every city. Granted, that's due to the Town Invasion actually taking place IN towns before it got moved to Blackthorn, but yeah.
Someone on TC just now was saying they thought there was something in the original notes about being able to put one of the silver trader npcs up in your house. I tried putting up a regular vendor and didn't see anything VvV related to it, so I dunno about that. But if that's coming, that just seems too crazy to believe.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone on TC just now was saying they thought there was something in the original notes about being able to put one of the silver trader npcs up in your house. I tried putting up a regular vendor and didn't see anything VvV related to it, so I dunno about that. But if that's coming, that just seems too crazy to believe.
That would be a very, uh, interesting... function for a guild house to have. Yes.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not idiots... Many of us heal others at the EM events. I'm always rezing folk and healing them. It's part of my "duty" as a Knight. I certainly could give one rats... behind about VvV and I would be torked off if because I rezed someone I ended up in the stinking thing. Its not that I don't like PvP ..... I like it fine.... when it has some sort of reason not just randomly killing someone because they were there. I have no desire for free arties or free for all PvP. So I don't want to have to figure out if somone is in VvV before I decide to rez them or heal them. I don't want some stinking pop up to block my targetting of the boss either to ask me if I know this will put me in the VvV system if I "accidently" try to heal one of them... That would seriously ruin gameplay for me and I know many others. I wouldn't want to do anything with folk in VvV. Can you imagine trying to do a peerless with a group and finding out one of them is in VvV and now because he died we'd have to decide who's going to screw their character and not be playable because we had to rez them at a peerless? So now if we don't want to participate in VvV we either leave the sucker dead..... or one of us has to rez them and then quit VvV which will basically ruin your character from being usable for days... NO I don't want that... EVER.

It's a stupid idea to make that anywhere outside of FEL. The artifacts ought to be FEL USE ONLY. Once you go to tram they should unequip. What is in Fel should STAY in FEL. If I wanted all that crap I'd play there. I don't make Tram players sound like Idiots. We prefer to be helpful to everyone... we aren't into kill, kill, kill... honestly I really don't understand why folk think they need to have Fel in Tram. If it's because you don't get enough Fel in Fel then perhaps you should question why there isn't enough Fel in Fel..... probably because that's not the playstyle folk truely enjoy.... if it was Siege and Mugen would be as populated as Atl. Obviously they aren't. That alone should say volumes.

Most folk quit trying to do PvP years ago when it was full of rampant scripts, hacks and cheaters. That hasn't ever been "fixed". Until it is..... most of us will avoid Fel like the plague that it is.
Healing and rezzing strangers isn't some tram only practice. Non faction people can't res faction people now so I assume its the same with VvV, and as for healing, just pay a LITTLE attention to who you are healing, and its not an issue.

It really wouldn't effect you at all, and wouldn't let people abuse the VvV arti system by hiding from combat in tram.

Anyway, I really doubt it would be the chaos you think it would be. People would get used to it.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some feedback about VvV: I wandered around Minoc on TC1 a few minutes ago during a battle.

What was really puzzling was that I kept seeing messages the whole time telling me that the city was unoccupied! And yet bsv claimed an altar at least twice (maybe a third time, I got distracted). I saw PJay, Mervyn, and apparently Xet Ih'ara was there as well and grabbed a sigil and turned it in.
It says its unoccupied because no single guild outnumbers the other, thus claiming points for being in the battle zone AKA you cancel eachother out. It still shows you the top 3 guilds on the VvV gump, and if you were to kill your opponents and claim guild superiority in the zone, it would then begin to announce your guild is claiming the territory.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Healing and rezzing strangers isn't some tram only practice. Non faction people can't res faction people now so I assume its the same with VvV, and as for healing, just pay a LITTLE attention to who you are healing, and its not an issue.

It really wouldn't effect you at all, and wouldn't let people abuse the VvV arti system by hiding from combat in tram.

Anyway, I really doubt it would be the chaos you think it would be. People would get used to it.
I was paying attention, didn't you. The notes state that healing a VvV person if you are "blue" that makes you one of them.... orange to the other V or V..... whatever. If you are bringing that crap into Trammel you think it won't change that???

It's not hiding. And it WILL effect those of us who want no part in it if it comes to Tram. Keep Fel in Fel. Leave that crap at the gate. I don't want it. Never asked for never wanted it still don't want it don't like the Fel BS talk in Chat don't like the Fel BS in my backyard... Want it to stay in FEL.

I don't want to get used to it and I don't want to participate in it. The whole thing is just another sad ass excuse to try to lead lambs to a slaughter and for what??? You think some Fel gank squad gives a rats behind about something to hang on the barren walls of their castle in Fel? Heck no. If it don't help them get a leg up on their enemy they don't care. All they care about is fighting and smack talk.

You all think VvV is going to save UO your insane. I think it's going to be the same song and dance all over. I don't want to have to scope the whole area of 50 people at an EM event to see who I should and shouldn't heal or help. That's BS. And I read the notes about helping them. If you bring that crap to Tram and have that all in Tram as well as Fel that's what you'll be doing. I don't want it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was paying attention, didn't you. The notes state that healing a VvV person if you are "blue" that makes you one of them.... orange to the other V or V..... whatever. If you are bringing that crap into Trammel you think it won't change that???
I know it turns you orange, and that's what I meant by pay attention, as in when you are looking to heal someone, check their titles, and heal off of health bars of people you know aren't in VvV. Again we are talking about ONE tiny facet of the game that being EM events... It's hardly going to shake your world to the bedrock.
I would be perfectly happy if blues couldn't target VvV characters in tram with beneficial acts, or give you a "do you want to do this?" toggle or something. I'm sure it could be worked out. I don't care about getting tram players involved in pvp, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. I care about the system not being abused by tram players, thus ruining the market for some of few arties that have retained their relative value.

It's not hiding. And it WILL effect those of us who want no part in it if it comes to Tram. Keep Fel in Fel. Leave that crap at the gate. I don't want it. Never asked for never wanted it still don't want it don't like the Fel BS talk in Chat don't like the Fel BS in my backyard... Want it to stay in FEL.
I guess you are misunderstanding me. What i mean by hiding is that you could join VvV get free super powered arties that are meant to make it easier to field a pvp suit, then take those arties into tram where you can't be attacked. That what I mean. If it were up to me there would be no faction arties, but if they DO exist allowing people to take them to tram needs to be addressed somehow.

I don't want to get used to it and I don't want to participate in it. The whole thing is just another sad ass excuse to try to lead lambs to a slaughter and for what??? You think some Fel gank squad gives a rats behind about something to hang on the barren walls of their castle in Fel? Heck no. If it don't help them get a leg up on their enemy they don't care. All they care about is fighting and smack talk.
This IS a multiplayer game, so sometimes you have to deal with people and situations that aren't ideal. However I think that if not healing SOME people at the rare em event is the worst compromise you have to make... you should count yourself lucky. Really it's such a small thing, and it keeps the VvV super arties from completely devaluing their regular counterparts. Having to take a minute to check the people around before you start healing, is hardly "participating." As for the anti pvp vitriol, that's your opinion, and you are welcome to it, but I think it might be slightly biased.

You all think VvV is going to save UO your insane. I think it's going to be the same song and dance all over. I don't want to have to scope the whole area of 50 people at an EM event to see who I should and shouldn't heal or help. That's BS. And I read the notes about helping them. If you bring that crap to Tram and have that all in Tram as well as Fel that's what you'll be doing. I don't want it.
I don't even know where this is coming from. I don't think it's going to "save" UO (wasn't aware it was in need of saving) , I really don't think anyone does or has claimed it will. I don't even pvp. I do however know that others do, and they are paying players just like you an I are, and they should get attention just like every other group. I also accept that sometimes I have to compromise my interest because of that fact. That's ok, especially considering that non pvp players get 95% of the dev teams attention, and in game content.
The issue here is that part of the attention the are getting is going to take some of the few rare items that are still of value and make them completely valueless. That should really be addressed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know it turns you orange, and that's what I meant by pay attention, as in when you are looking to heal someone, check their titles, and heal off of health bars of people you know aren't in VvV. Again we are talking about ONE tiny facet of the game that being EM events... It's hardly going to shake your world to the bedrock.
I would be perfectly happy if blues couldn't target VvV characters in tram with beneficial acts, or give you a "do you want to do this?" toggle or something. I'm sure it could be worked out. I don't care about getting tram players involved in pvp, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest. I care about the system not being abused by tram players, thus ruining the market for some of few arties that have retained their relative value.

I guess you are misunderstanding me. What i mean by hiding is that you could join VvV get free super powered arties that are meant to make it easier to field a pvp suit, then take those arties into tram where you can't be attacked. That what I mean. If it were up to me there would be no faction arties, but if they DO exist allowing people to take them to tram needs to be addressed somehow.

This IS a multiplayer game, so sometimes you have to deal with people and situations that aren't ideal. However I think that if not healing SOME people at the rare em event is the worst compromise you have to make... you should count yourself lucky. Really it's such a small thing, and it keeps the VvV super arties from completely devaluing their regular counterparts. Having to take a minute to check the people around before you start healing, is hardly "participating." As for the anti pvp vitriol, that's your opinion, and you are welcome to it, but I think it might be slightly biased.

I don't even know where this is coming from. I don't think it's going to "save" UO (wasn't aware it was in need of saving) , I really don't think anyone does or has claimed it will. I don't even pvp. I do however know that others do, and they are paying players just like you an I are, and they should get attention just like every other group. I also accept that sometimes I have to compromise my interest because of that fact. That's ok, especially considering that non pvp players get 95% of the dev teams attention, and in game content.
The issue here is that part of the attention the are getting is going to take some of the few rare items that are still of value and make them completely valueless. That should really be addressed.

I don't want to have to pick thru 50 bars in the middle of a big battle to decide who I should and shouldn't heal... And if that damn box popped up asking me about it in the middle of a battle that would not only get me killed but piss me off and make me HATE UO and the whole VvV thing enough to say to hell with this game... I don't want that crap in TRAM Period. End of story if I want to PvP I'll do so. I'm aware this is an MMO.... but trammel was created to remove me from having to care about the PvP ganks squad... I don't want that back. I heal folk who die and need help... that's part of the stupid system put in place by the DEV's to get folk to work together and to give you "points" to getting the drop if there is one.... if you don't heal folk and such you're likely NOT getting a drop.... so I"m supposed to pull bars of only "approved" people to heal? It's only going to further destroy community.

It's not that I don't like PvP.. I don't like what comes with it. I like PvP fine in it's place. It's place is NOT in the middle of a community event that is supposed to be providing folk with events to keep the game going... and make it interesting. Having to fight uber over powered megga mobs who do massive area effect damage that causes severe lag to my system AND worry about who I'm healing and whether or not that will turn me orange to half the crowd around me is NOT what I consider "fun" interesting or exciting.... I call that a pain the ASS. And a stupid idea.

I thought the whole point to the ruining of factions they did awhile ago was to stop folk in Tram from joining Factions just for the free or nearly free cheat artifacts and using them in Tram. Apparently they forgot that. Now we are going to have the same crap with VvV and then we are talking about having that in Tram... well I'm saying NO.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did they make it so the whole guild don't have to join but each member can join?
Yes. You can opt in and out on an individual basis. Once you opt in there is a delay (3 days) before you will be fully removed and no longer be open to attack from other VvV players. This is true whether you quit the guild or you quit VvV.

We have no plans to roll this out to other facets beyond Felucca. This was a question early on in the development process and when we weighed the pros and cons the cons outweighed the pros, so we decided to limit VvV interaction to Felucca. The traders are in both facets for the sake of convenience.

As far as artifacts are concerned, the reason they are usable in all facets is because we did not feel it was appropriate to force those who wanted to participate in VvV to have to change out gear every time they want to go and do Trammel based activities. The artifacts will not last forever, and participation will be required to acquire more of them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes. You can opt in and out on an individual basis. Once you opt in there is a delay (3 days) before you will be fully removed and no longer be open to attack from other VvV players. This is true whether you quit the guild or you quit VvV.

We have no plans to roll this out to other facets beyond Felucca. This was a question early on in the development process and when we weighed the pros and cons the cons outweighed the pros, so we decided to limit VvV interaction to Felucca. The traders are in both facets for the sake of convenience.

As far as artifacts are concerned, the reason they are usable in all facets is because we did not feel it was appropriate to force those who wanted to participate in VvV to have to change out gear every time they want to go and do Trammel based activities. The artifacts will not last forever, and participation will be required to acquire more of them.
Thank you. That's all I can say about it. Thank you. I don't ever want that in Tram. If want to do that ..... I'll go to Fel... where that ought to be.... or I'll do it on Siege. But I seriously don't want that in Tram.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't want to have to scope the whole area of 50 people at an EM event to see who I should and shouldn't heal or help. That's BS. And I read the notes about helping them. If you bring that crap to Tram and have that all in Tram as well as Fel that's what you'll be doing. I don't want it.
I forgot: cleansing winds and Arch Cure. Now how well would those go over if somebody helped a guildmate or friend at an event, only to find the character orange for three days.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I forgot: cleansing winds and Arch Cure. Now how well would those go over if somebody helped a guildmate or friend at an event, only to find the character orange for three days.
Truth is people do that all the time... I do noble sacrifice from time to time as well...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Indeed. God forbid anyone would have to invest the 2 minutes required to change their outfits. :p

Well I guess its good that once every few months tram players will come and pvp for as long as it takes to get their uber gear...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks, this is so great, I look forward to see my guild grow, as I now can have both heavy PvP'ers and Peace loving crafters in it together with young PvP'ers who can join the PvP'ers when they feel ready or when we get raided.

That can always come in a new public, when the normal shards plaayer are getting use to the system and do want it. I hope it on Siege do work on all facets just like Faction did :)

I feel this will be a problem but as long we don't get the artifacts on Siege, it's all fine with me, we have room on Siege for the unemployed crafters, who seach for new customers and the monstor killers, who also will lose their costumers :devil:

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting regarding PvP in the new system. We killed an opposing VvV outside of the battle zone. We were not awarded silver points for said kill.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting regarding PvP in the new system. We killed an opposing VvV outside of the battle zone. We were not awarded silver points for said kill.
You only get silver points inside of an active battle zone.