• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86.3 on TC1

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A sad day for all our T-Hunters :( Removed forged pardons from Slim just to add this new uber pardons?

Not gonna hold my breath for the new system. Everything they put in lately proofed to be perfectly griefable (despise, blackthorns). I just hope this long time on TC1 will not be used as an excuse to not fix the things once they get properly tested on prodo shards.
Most people don't buy forged pardons for characters with 50+ murder counts anyways. Forged pardons will still have value in those "I don't want to be red but I really don't like this guy/girl so I'm going to kill him/her." moments. This is a good addition, especially for people who have gained their friends accounts that have a lot of red characters that they don't use.
Besides, they are shard bound, and only obtainable by using the VvV, so I am sure these bad boys won't be cheap. Basic forged pardons should still remain the preferred choice for most people who pvp daily.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was really hoping that the anniversary gift(s) would be something useful. I'm sorry to say that, as a non-drinker, the bar, towel, and bar sign just don't do a damn thing for me. While I appreciate the fact that we are receiving a gift and someone put time into the gift, I'm really disappointed in the utter uselessness of the gift to 99% of my characters. Feels like a really major lost opportunity to give people something that would make us delighted with Broadsword. Takes a lot of the meaning, for me, out of Broadsword's motto, "Every player. Every day."

Sorry, guys. This is just really, really disappointing to have waited for this.

View attachment 24309
I might have gone with other stuff too but consider this... people work for hours trying to make kitchen counters out of those stone tables and a water trough. ( I sure did) Go into custom and adios counter. I think the team looked at deco items that are a pain to create and made it easier is all.

I like the other furniture use aspect, tables, bathroom counters and the marble top can be dyed. I hope with dyes other than the tub.Someone will find some amazing cool way to use them I am sure. So ty for new toys team. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have another question @Petra Fyde . Is there a database for turn in items and their points in the guides that you make so well?
no. Kudos to UOGuide for making it. My feeling was the list would be so long that it was much easier to just use the context menu on the trash barrel in game. Most new style loot is worth some points.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like the patch for the most part. Good job.

Please don't nerf the forged pardons in-game. It has given a lot of life to treasure hunters.

Please don't destroy faction items. I have a very, very, very, very old item called "A Faction Ringmail Legs of Exceptional Quality" that would be horrible if it got deleted or reverted. Let faction items lose their "usefulness", but remain rares please.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no. Kudos to UOGuide for making it. My feeling was the list would be so long that it was much easier to just use the context menu on the trash barrel in game. Most new style loot is worth some points.
I didn't even know there was a context menu, so thanks!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Like the patch for the most part. Good job.

Please don't nerf the forged pardons in-game. It has given a lot of life to treasure hunters.
It make alot more sense to me that you have to get your forged pardons from PvP as it was that way you got your murderer counts. Thet are not removed from Treasure Hunders and there will still be some who will buy them. We all know, that little blue guy, who will try to trick your weak char to Felucca and then kill him. He won't be able brave enough to join VvsV to get his pardons as he don't know what PvP is.

In my opinion, it had been better to allow reds to go to Trammel as red but not being able to attack anyone but being able to fight back if attacked. They way you would had known the players true color.
Now reds do get to go to Trammel but as blue, I'm not sure that will be without problems but if noone will accept reds in Trammel, only way is to make them blue. I should not care as I only play Siege it don't effect me, our reds can go everyehere and it gives zero problems.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anyone figured out yet what are the arcane charges 50/50 on those new wands ? i tried double and single click , nothing hapenned....

BTW I like the new red war horse color :)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone figured out yet what are the arcane charges 50/50 on those new wands ? i tried double and single click , nothing hapenned....

BTW I like the new red war horse color :)
I thought maybe it would work like Arcane boots? I haven't tested though.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought maybe it would work like Arcane boots? I haven't tested though.
yup, i just tested it, casted a magery spell without regs or lrc, and it consumed 1 charge : 49/50
I wonder now, if there's a way to recharge it, I know the wand is imbuable to 450 weight tho

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup, i just tested it, casted a magery spell without regs or lrc, and it consumed 1 charge : 49/50
I wonder now, if there's a way to recharge it, I know the wand is imbuable to 450 weight tho
Arcane gems recharge it. My character with no crafting skill recharged it to 40/50.

120 Tailoring allowed me to recharge it to 50/50.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know what the "duration" of a mana spike is supposed to be? I see that they aren't working atm but was curious. I like the idea though because the ability to at least have a chance to clear out the stealthers on a character that's not designed to do so is needed.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beware that when you fill the bar section with the sink, while it's in your backpack, it falls out of your backpack and lands right on top of your character. Same thing happens if you put it in your character's backpack to empty it with an empty pitcher, i.e., the emptied bar section falls out of your character's backpack and lands right on top of it.
You don't have to put the Empty or Fill Bar Sink in your backpack to empty or fill it, you just have to release it (unlock it) . - Just don't forget to lock it down again...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know what the "duration" of a mana spike is supposed to be? I see that they aren't working atm but was curious. I like the idea though because the ability to at least have a chance to clear out the stealthers on a character that's not designed to do so is needed.
I don't know the exact duration but I did some testing and when I was mana spiked I still wasn't able to be found prior to the effect wearing off. I think the duration needs to be looked at and tested more. Initial testing to me says it isn't long enough.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know the exact duration but I did some testing and when I was mana spiked I still wasn't able to be found prior to the effect wearing off. I think the duration needs to be looked at and tested more. Initial testing to me says it isn't long enough.
So am I correct in interpreting the "Battle Region" that the mana spike effects as basically the whole town? That's a pretty large area & that's pretty cool, but it also means that the duration needs to be corresponding large because otherwise you've revealed all the stealthers but there is simply too much area to check. Guess at the duration Podolak..... a few minutes would be my guess... Maybe 3-5 Min.... I could see it effective when you have a group that can search the area in the allotted time but if you have a group the stealther probably won't be effective anyway....

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So am I correct in interpreting the "Battle Region" that the mana spike effects as basically the whole town? That's a pretty large area & that's pretty cool, but it also means that the duration needs to be corresponding large because otherwise you've revealed all the stealthers but there is simply too much area to check. Guess at the duration Podolak..... a few minutes would be my guess... Maybe 3-5 Min.... I could see it effective when you have a group that can search the area in the allotted time but if you have a group the stealther probably won't be effective anyway....
It seems to affect the whole region. I would guess a few minutes. I am now testing with a mage stealther to see if I can cast invis on myself. There is a Yamato guild here who was using it, just waiting for them to use it again. I am testing sigils at the same time...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Devs, please reconsider the royal forged pardon. An item that removes all murder counts? Really? It's going to destroy the market for forged pardons, one of the few consumables in this game that actually has any real value. Please leave this item out.
Or make it like the old faction reprieve. One time use per characters life.
Honestly the only people who will use this are character with thousands of counts..if anything the forged pardon sales will go up! Considering if say I have 2000 murders on my character that I don't use because he's red so I stoned off skills..I'd never buy pardons for that character. Once I use the full count removal, which probably won't be cheaper or easier to obtain than a pardon..means if I do kill then want to be blue once again I'll only need a pardon, not the much more expensive one. So who knows..I'd still keep farming and DO NOT sell the ones you have for cheaper because people say they are worthless. They still will 100% have their place and still be just as valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a sad day for UO, if this patch goes live to prodo shards..
Faction arties back ? why brng something back, everyone agreed upon was bad ?
Royal pardon ? why this ?? What happend to risk vs reward ?? when people have killed trammies for 17 years and gotten 313123123123 counts, why should this ever be forgiven ?
Faction horses ? why not let thise pets be unbondable, and make them tameable by a faction-tamer ?
Why invent special food for faction pets, this is pretty dumb... Bane dragon food comes to mind..witch was also a very bad idea..

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly the only people who will use this are character with thousands of counts..if anything the forged pardon sales will go up! Considering if say I have 2000 murders on my character that I don't use because he's red so I stoned off skills..I'd never buy pardons for that character. Once I use the full count removal, which probably won't be cheaper or easier to obtain than a pardon..means if I do kill then want to be blue once again I'll only need a pardon, not the much more expensive one. So who knows..I'd still keep farming and DO NOT sell the ones you have for cheaper because people say they are worthless. They still will 100% have their place and still be just as valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is also the question of whether or not these royal forged pardons will only work for those who buy them (which I am thinking will be the case). If so, then no one can go around selling them willy-nilly. And once used, I doubt they will want to be spending all their points towards multiples of these.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is also the question of whether or not these royal forged pardons will only work for those who buy them (which I am thinking will be the case). If so, then no one can go around selling them willy-nilly. And once used, I doubt they will want to be spending all their points towards multiples of these.
Royal forge pardon is shard bound. So it can be sold but not moved from the shard.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Royal forge pardon is shard bound. So it can be sold but not moved from the shard.
if your like me and you have a red with thousands of counts i could see someone x-sharding over to buy a pardon, use it, then x-shard back to their home shard.
unless they are able to block that some how.... ill go back and read the pub notes again.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am also disagreeing with this new royal forged pardon, It completly ruin the use for the normal forged pardon, I mean I would agree only if it was a one time use per character.
Im curious... for those of you who don't like the Royal Pardon it pretty much seems to me that the reason is because Forged Pardons will have less value...... That imo is the LEAST important aspect. Royal Pardons will allow perma RED characters to have the option once again to do all the stuff that's for BLUES only. I'm sure these people will still make RED characters again but they might CHANGE which characters those are... How much Money your making in game Via Selling Forged Pardons though.......

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any char I have that had 20 or more murders was ment to be red and this would have no intrest for me, I fail to see how it would for anyone else. If you have an account with 6 red guys on one shard I suspect you have another account with blues.....

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im curious... for those of you who don't like the Royal Pardon it pretty much seems to me that the reason is because Forged Pardons will have less value...... That imo is the LEAST important aspect. Royal Pardons will allow perma RED characters to have the option once again to do all the stuff that's for BLUES only. I'm sure these people will still make RED characters again but they might CHANGE which characters those are... How much Money your making in game Via Selling Forged Pardons though.......
YES LIKE I said I agree you can make your 872 murders go blue again I dont care as long as you cant go back to 50 murders after that and become blue again etc and so again, you got my point ? Make it a one time use per character, you wanna get blue ? ok then stay blue after that...

You know, imagine you were given a royal pardon by the king himself, if you went back red after that pardon, I am not sure the King would allow you another pardon ....

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So all this vice and virtue stuff, after all, you cant really choose one side like we were able to do when Chaos vs order. I mean you cant pick up the Vice side and have [Vice] tagged to your name... lame. Why call it vice vs virtues then ? who are the vice and who are the virtues ? lmao ! to me it sounds like a stealthing game not a new pvp system

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your like me and you have a red with thousands of counts i could see someone x-sharding over to buy a pardon, use it, then x-shard back to their home shard.
unless they are able to block that some how.... ill go back and read the pub notes again.
I was totally thinking that too, especially useful for those with shard shields.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any char I have that had 20 or more murders was ment to be red and this would have no intrest for me, I fail to see how it would for anyone else. If you have an account with 6 red guys on one shard I suspect you have another account with blues.....
the royal pardon was probly meant for those that wanted the city buff in trammel on their 800 murders+ reds... so now they can go back blue and get the buff

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try asking the question the other way around..
How much money did the pk make killing champ-spawning blueies, taking their ps'es ?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was totally thinking that too, especially useful for those with shard shields.
Yea... I agree... Xshard use one Xshard home bingo your good to go. It does say ROYAL pardon though which to me kinda implies that the king is pardoning you as a reward for your services in the VvV system... Also kinda explains why you can do that multiple times. Imagine a Legendary Murder who then battles Good or Evil or whatnot (VvV) for the king and then earns himself a pardon. Any good Monarch will give you reward for service do etc... I could totally see the Royal Pardons ultimately being shard bound though. The Actions you performed to earn the reward happened on one shard & ultimately the more populace a shard the more difficult earning those Silver VvV points will be. Perhaps if you Xshard after taking a Royal Pardon the counts come back? That way there's not ability to Xshard somewhere slow & get 4,000 Murder counts wiped and then go back to ATL etc....

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try asking the question the other way around..
How much money did the pk make killing champ-spawning blueies, taking their ps'es ?
Lets Face it... RED characters are really only a minor inconvenience ... It just Forces people to make multiple chars to perform the same stuff that they would if they were Blue. They might as well simplify it and make us jump through fewer hoops because we are going to get the result we wanted anyway. The VvV system is about promoting PvP though.. and allowing those that are RED to fully benefit from the NEW system (aka becoming blue) make sense. In the past if you wanted PvP you became RED.... the hopes with this new publish are that people will join VvV allowing them to PvP without needing to become RED so it makes sense that the Royal Pardons are in there... I'm guessing Kaio that getting Pk'ed in FEL if that happens to you isn't the BEST part of your day. It honestly IS for me because all of a sudden I can log on my PvPer and maybe get a fight.....Seems your thinking "MUST punish REDS.. MUST punish REDS"... sure in the context of the this fictional game that makes sense, but ultimately I'm going to kill peeps on my RED and then log my Blue sampire and go farm something when I get borred.. lol

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting tidbit about reds. I x-ferred a red to TC1. I joined a guild with other characters and then joined VvV on the red character. I became green to my guild mates. I was still considered a murderer and unable to travel to trammel but I appeared greed. I still appeared red to non-VvV participants.

I attacked the red-VvV character on a non-VvV character. The non-VvV character did not turn orange.
I attacked a blue-VvV character on a non-VvV character - The non-VvV character DID turn orange.

I killed a blue-VvV character on a non-VvV character - I was not able to give the non-VvV character a murder count. So it seems to me that if you join VvV your days of reporting people for murder are over.

The blue-VvV character I killed with a non-VvV character did not suffer stat loss.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting tidbit about reds. I x-ferred a red to TC1. I joined a guild with other characters and then joined VvV on the red character. I became green to my guild mates. I was still considered a murderer and unable to travel to trammel but I appeared greed. I still appeared red to non-VvV participants.

I attacked the red-VvV character on a non-VvV character. The non-VvV character did not turn orange.
I attacked a blue-VvV character on a non-VvV character - The non-VvV character DID turn orange.

I killed a blue-VvV character on a non-VvV character - I was not able to give the non-VvV character a murder count. So it seems to me that if you join VvV your days of reporting people for murder are over.

The blue-VvV character I killed with a non-VvV character did not suffer stat loss.
its all new and full of bugs , there are flagging bugs for around 7 years still in the game right now, so dont expect this system will come out clean of bugs, but thanks for reporting tho, now if Kyronix see it he will probly try all scenarios for flagging in this VvV and fix em

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People are saying they will just xfer to a dif shard to use the new royal pardon thingy but wont u have to quit VvV an wait 3 days to xfer? Then will it even work for u if u aren't in VvV when u get there? If so u would have to join up on the other shard find/buy/use special pardon then quit again wait another 3 days to come back? Even if it is that way im sure some would still do it but I would think if they some big bad pvper they could just get their own points to get it on the home shard an save a lot o messing around? Also like someone mentioned I defo think many would use normal pardons after that if they wanna keep from needing to blow a bunch o points on the royal one again.Guess it depends how long it takes you to get that many points and or how often you are allowed to purchase it...is there a cool down timer?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. the marble bar isn't as bad as I imagined it.

Could the sink be made into a water source? It'd be nice not to have to have a fugly trough in every house (even if its hidden).
Just done a little playing around with this. You can bury a water trough under it

bar&trough.JPG

My kitchen is going to look so much better with this in. And the towels will be great in the bath house and sauna I built.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You lawfully agressed on a VvV player, so the attacker did not turn orange.

You unlawfully agressed on a VvV player, so you turned orange.

Your blue-non VvV is now orange and open to attack by all VvV players. At the time your blue was orange.

This is a bug and will be fixed in the next update.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont get how people think the regular forged pardons will be useless now. If anything, their value will GO UP.

Think about it, if you only have a couple of counts, you aren't going to spend all that time getting 10k points, and spend it on the forged pardon. Its much easier to just buy a couple of pardons.

PLUS, you are opening up a whole new market for them. People who wiped away their 1000 counts obviously dont want to be red anymore, hence they will need pardons in the future when they take counts. And again, I really doubt someones blowing 10k points on a pardon when they can just buy one for 1-2m.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right, Not seeing a last edited date, or any of the fifteenth ani items on that list. I seem to have an extra harpsichord deed or two.
its not entirely up to date but helpful if your into that kinda thing. maybe someone who has some spare time and into cleanup could volunteer to edit that page.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your blue-non VvV is now orange and open to attack by all VvV players. At the time your blue was orange.

So is this confirmation that blue-VvV participants will not be able to give murder counts?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is this confirmation that blue-VvV participants will not be able to give murder counts?
Should be the case. At that point they should be orange and not blue to you if you are in VvV.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should be the case. At that point they should be orange and not blue to you if you are in VvV.
Yes, the blue (non-VvV) character who attacked the blue (VvV) character turned orange. When the blue (non-VvV) character killed the blue (VvV) character he was unable to give a murder count.

So this says to me. If you are in VvV, you are not going have the option of giving out murder counts, even to non-VvV characters because as soon as they attack you they become temporary VvV.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see this being easily abused. group of 3 non vvv blues gank one VVV player - run away. no risk of count. VVV status wears off for non-vvv blues, rinse and repeat. Its going to be really annoying and a big deterent to joining permanently.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the blue (non-VvV) character who attacked the blue (VvV) character turned orange. When the blue (non-VvV) character killed the blue (VvV) character he was unable to give a murder count.

So this says to me. If you are in VvV, you are not going have the option of giving out murder counts, even to non-VvV characters because as soon as they attack you they become temporary VvV.
Correct. That is much worse than a murder count, for the VvV participants they get a target on them that won't go away until a VvV player kills them.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see this being easily abused. group of 3 non vvv blues gank one VVV player - run away. no risk of count. VVV status wears off for non-vvv blues, rinse and repeat. Its going to be really annoying and a big deterent to joining permanently.
It doesn't wear off until a VvV player kills them.