• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86.3 on TC1

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't wear off until a VvV player kills them.
im just saying, its going to be abused. people are going to be complaining about it in a few weeks after the pub. theres going to be groups of blues hovering around VVV fights waiting for one to get low on health to finish off. then a suicide VVV death, then just do it again. that will be the new guardzone hugging.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's just say if you are a blue and you try to pull those kind of shenanigans (attacking/healing) against a VvV player you are going to end up having a bad time. :devil:
They could just put their gear and pack contents in a secure and have a friend in VvV kill them to remove the flag. Since death means nothing in UO, they'll just rinse and repeat. Interfering is likely to need a harsher penalty.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They could just put their gear and pack contents in a secure and have a friend in VvV kill them to remove the flag. Since death means nothing in UO, they'll just rinse and repeat. Interfering is likely to need a harsher penalty.
i understand why its like this tho, to make it easy to get temporarily involved and encourage pvp, especially if your in a guild where not all members are VVV. i cant think of a good way around it, other than give a murder count, or set a timer rather than removal on death. Maybe a 3 hour timer. It could still be abused but not as much.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about...longer stat loss for non-VvV participants who engage VvV participants?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
im just saying, its going to be abused. people are going to be complaining about it in a few weeks after the pub. theres going to be groups of blues hovering around VVV fights waiting for one to get low on health to finish off. then a suicide VVV death, then just do it again. that will be the new guardzone hugging.
That already happens with factions....Except with VvV now they will flag to EVERYONE, AND face stat.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That already happens with factions....Except with VvV now they will flag to EVERYONE, AND face stat.
i know, which was one of the major reasons people left factions and why VvV was created. I guess we'll see how it plays out. I cant think of a way to avoid this. You know bad pvpers, anything that can be exploited will be.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What a sad day for UO, if this patch goes live to prodo shards..
Faction arties back ? why brng something back, everyone agreed upon was bad ?
Royal pardon ? why this ?? What happend to risk vs reward ?? when people have killed trammies for 17 years and gotten 313123123123 counts, why should this ever be forgiven ?
What was the "reward" for the risk of being red?

There has never been a reward for red characters, only risk, and there still isn't a reward for Reds anyway.
Hey, you need justice gains for double power-scrolls?

The only "Bad" thing (IMO) about this publish, is the Durability on Jewelry (Rings & Bracelets), that cannot have PoF applied to them even if they're "clean".
*Wonder's if this is going to be addressed*

Everything else looks pretty damn good.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perma-gray for thieves was a huge deterrent, right?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

There has never been a reward for red characters, only risk, and there still isn't a reward for Reds anyway.

The only "Bad" thing (IMO) about this publish, is the Durability on Jewelry (Rings & Bracelets), that cannot have PoF applied to them even if they're "clean".

Being able to kill whoever you damn well pleased away from a guardzone (say, in a dungeon)...but you didn't need to be red to do that. Even in towns there was more risk to it - you couldn't indiscriminately attack people, while they could do it to you. There are no real rewards for it, and never will be.

As far as the patch itself looking good: So too do the new rewards. The VvV Orny adds 3 MR, the VvV Crimson adds more Dex (10 instead of 5), but both are Antique. However, 500 points is likely not hard to come by, so they're gonna be circulating around. The Kasa of the Ra-jin adds DCI (and is not Antique), among other changes.

From what I can see, the VvV versions of the Doom/Tokuno artifacts are, at least where mods are concerned, superior to the originals. The VvV Spirit of the Totem gives you Night Sight (meh) and 20/10/10/10/10 resists instead of the original's 20/3/8/4/4.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Being able to kill whoever you damn well pleased away from a guardzone (say, in a dungeon)...but you didn't need to be red to do that. Even in towns there was more risk to it - you couldn't indiscriminately attack people, while they could do it to you. There are no real rewards for it, and never will be.

As far as the patch itself looking good: So too do the new rewards. The VvV Orny adds 3 MR, the VvV Crimson adds more Dex (10 instead of 5), but both are Antique. However, 500 points is likely not hard to come by, so they're gonna be circulating around. The Kasa of the Ra-jin adds DCI (and is not Antique), among other changes.

From what I can see, the VvV versions of the Doom/Tokuno artifacts are, at least where mods are concerned, superior to the originals. The VvV Spirit of the Totem gives you Night Sight (meh) and 20/10/10/10/10 resists instead of the original's 20/3/8/4/4.
They're the same as the Faction Artifacts are right now, except get "Antique" added to them and removed the 4 week decay timer.

It's interesting that the Kasa doesn't have Antique though, I'm sure it's a bug.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think the various murders were the reward for the risk of being red.
No, a person's loot was the reward for the risk of dying and going statloss.

Being red these days provides nothing more than a tactical advantage in field pvp outside of factions. Blues cannot field out other blues (non-guilded) in field pvp. Reds however can field out non-guilded blues and reds.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know what drives me insane... Everyone cries about how we need to change this and that and we need to fix all these things and we need all this and that..... but whenever they change something or try to add something... a whole bunch start crying about not wanting it to change.

We can't go back to Pre-Trammel.... we all know that. We need to accept it and move on. The game can't stay in the 90's. If we want it to live it's got to move on. If we want it to have new live it has to move on. Sure there have been loads of mistakes along the way. I remember HATING AoS. I hated the new stuff... liked the old simple armor and weapon system. Now I kinda see we needed that.

Liked it when things were harder and it took a group to go to many of the dungeons.... but you know back then we had groups to do those things. Now it's all about stuff... we want more and more stuff..... so they give it to us. But that's not enough... we don't want that stuff.... we want other stuff...

Sadly I think what we all REALLY want... More than anything... is people to share with. We want more Jones's to keep up with... We want to have more Ima Newbies to prove to ourselves how l33t we are or were... some want more people to scam because all the people now know all the old scams and we're not going to fall for that stupid stuff anymore...

What I'd like is to get rid of all the cheaters, the scammers and the hackers... and bring community back to UO and stop all this selfish me, me, me BS.

Really miss people... that's what I miss. Loggin in and having 30 friends to do stuff with and not caring about getting stuff. Caring about what was important... Friends and fun.

I play this game to escape... so I can live thru my characters a life that is more carefree and fun... with my friends.

I'm glad they are giving us gifts... and I'll be happy with what they are.... or I'll throw them in a box and wait till they are worth points and toss them in the trash and I'll move on. Move on to having fun with my friends. Not stressing over stuff.

I'm looking forward to the new publish. I have a nice fat stockpile of T-Maps and MiB's that are just waiting for it to go thru... Something I'll likely share with my friends.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not a big deal but I just logged in and got this message: "A battle between Vice and Virtue is active! To arms! The city of Occlo is besieged!"

Ocllo is mispelled.

Gedgerez Tesherd

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Looks like things are coming into focus nicely with VvV specifics. The rewards list is amazing, especially the Royal Forged Pardon. Can't wait to burn away 20k counts on one old toon that I've been using for skill storage. Thank you for the Royal Forged Pardon, I never could bring myself to deleting 120'd out red toons with 1000s of counts. May even activate an account or two for extra template usage after wiping some bardic & tamer toons from pre Ren days blue. The Royal Forged Pardon is a great addition which gives people an option that can't afford to remove 1000s of counts with single count pardons at 2m a pop. This shouldn't effect the casual player from purchasing for single count burning. Why? Because 10k points for the Royal Pardon seems like a waste to use on just a couple of counts, when there are so many other amazing rewards to pick from. Those +10 skill scrolls will be amazing to cap out my alt toons on servers that I have neglected with skill cap training. Tasty update, now I'm tip toeing waiting for the release!
:gee: *enters a trance & drools*

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not a big deal but I just logged in and got this message: "A battle between Vice and Virtue is active! To arms! The city of Occlo is besieged!"

Ocllo is mispelled.
Fixed. You'll see the change in the final client release.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Correct. That is much worse than a murder count, for the VvV participants they get a target on them that won't go away until a VvV player kills them.
Problem here is, they will just have a friend in VvsV kill them and they are free again. At least let it take 3 days to wear off after they are killed of a VvsV
I can see the reason for no murderer counts, that will make it easier for players to join PvP and will make them target VvsV over innocent blue. That's a good thing

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets Face it... RED characters are really only a minor inconvenience ... It just Forces people to make multiple chars to perform the same stuff that they would if they were Blue. They might as well simplify it and make us jump through fewer hoops because we are going to get the result we wanted anyway. The VvV system is about promoting PvP though.. and allowing those that are RED to fully benefit from the NEW system (aka becoming blue) make sense. In the past if you wanted PvP you became RED.... the hopes with this new publish are that people will join VvV allowing them to PvP without needing to become RED so it makes sense that the Royal Pardons are in there... I'm guessing Kaio that getting Pk'ed in FEL if that happens to you isn't the BEST part of your day. It honestly IS for me because all of a sudden I can log on my PvPer and maybe get a fight.....Seems your thinking "MUST punish REDS.. MUST punish REDS"... sure in the context of the this fictional game that makes sense, but ultimately I'm going to kill peeps on my RED and then log my Blue sampire and go farm something when I get borred.. lol
Its an intresting point of view you have.
So you honestly think that the reds killing sampires at champ spawns, are pvp'ers ?
I have serveral red chars on various shards, i didnt make those chars so that i could "pvp" at yew gate.
Those chars had 1 purpose and that was to kill other blue chars, and to protect "our/my guilds" chars at champ spawn.
So no, faction arties, royal pardons and all that jazz, is not what we need.
Beeing red is the top tool of the greif toolchain..And that it has been for 17 years, thise players counts should not be forgiven unless there is a big price..1mill or 1 pardon pr count is fair.

Zerbee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I haven't been keeping updated on all the VvV details but so far it looks amazing!!
Just a quick question ~ Are pets allowed on the altars/fight areas? Whats keeping a guild from bringing a bunch of GD's and easily capping a shrine?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm pretty sure you know what the reward is..
The reward of beeing red is the ability to greif hard on others players in feluca.
And the reward is still there.. Team up with a few friends, watch the champ spawn, and when the spawn hits levl 4..call youre team in vent, and go steal avrage sampire joe's spawn...

But ya, it could be cool with a royal pardon to wipe my 5k counts, for beeing in VvV a few weeks...

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As i understand it, I can join VvV with any of my chars.
Then i get 2k silver, where i can buy 4 "faction" arties. And i never have to partisipate in any VvV stuff at all ?
When my "faction" arties wear out, i can just leave VvV, rejoin and get another 2k silver and start all over ?
Does sound like a super great system to me....

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you honestly think that the reds killing sampires at champ spawns, are pvp'ers ?
I have serveral red chars on various shards, i didnt make those chars so that i could "pvp" at yew gate.
Those chars had 1 purpose and that was to kill other blue chars, and to protect "our/my guilds" chars at champ spawn.
Beeing red is the top tool of the greif toolchain..And that it has been for 17 years, thise players counts should not be forgiven unless there is a big price..1mill or 1 pardon pr count is fair.
That's just how the game is now. When I went red all those years ago, it was for the bolded. For Covenant, the reason was likely the same. I, for one, will absolutely NOT use the forged royal pardon, even if I were to get my hands on one (Although I might use it on TC1 after a Char Copy just to see what happens when you get another count)

But to say that we're not pvp'ers? Come on man.

The reward of beeing red is the ability to greif hard on others players in feluca.
And the reward is still there.. Team up with a few friends, watch the champ spawn, and when the spawn hits levl 4..call youre team in vent, and go steal avrage sampire joe's spawn...

But ya, it could be cool with a royal pardon to wipe my 5k counts, for beeing in VvV a few weeks...
Uhh, what? You think Reds are the ones who cause grief in Felucca? That's some pretty good stuff, pass it to me. I've had more issues with people on BLUES since returning than I did with Reds, so do not tell me Reds only exist for griefing. The Blues today are too damn afraid to take counts in Fel (especially if you're in Blackthorn), so they'll just lure spawn on you to do the job. If I go back on my Red, they're nowhere to be found...but even if they stick around, it's still boring. If they do stay (or fight at all), I need at least two people to even make it interesting for me. Even if it was 2v1, they were unable to kill me (though I couldn't kill them either)

As far as the spawns, I've gone in solo to kill people on occasion...THEN I will call in guildmates to help finish it.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahhh, my daily dose of drama.... Interesting the way threads devolve...
:eek:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I always found player's with a PvP template and gear killing a PvM template and gear players are awsome at the game. All the battle zones wont be in the fel area so for reds that want to be part of the whole VvV we get the royal forged pardon. If a trammy player joins VvV with their crafter mule and get killed on a BoD run .......................... we will have a new force of crap talkers on CHAT.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Griefing huh, Blues do more griefing than reds incase you haven't noticed, also, since when do you need to be red to take a spawn from someone ?

There is no reward for being red, and there still isn't, nor should there be.

Roskal

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are we stll even bothering with STAT LOSS anymore? Here you are wanting to have a little pvp fun. You get bumped off. You want to get rezed and back into the fight. No wait. You have stat loss for a while. Crap - might as well go play some other game. Stat Loss is a stupid idea. What purpose does it really serve but to stop the action of a good fight. If this new VvV is to get players back into the game having some pvp fun - why punish them with stat loss?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry I haven't been keeping updated on all the VvV details but so far it looks amazing!!
Just a quick question ~ Are pets allowed on the altars/fight areas? Whats keeping a guild from bringing a bunch of GD's and easily capping a shrine?
Pets are allowed and being used. I've seen someone using a GD and a few people using vollems.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are we stll even bothering with STAT LOSS anymore? Here you are wanting to have a little pvp fun. You get bumped off. You want to get rezed and back into the fight. No wait. You have stat loss for a while. Crap - might as well go play some other game. Stat Loss is a stupid idea. What purpose does it really serve but to stop the action of a good fight. If this new VvV is to get players back into the game having some pvp fun - why punish them with stat loss?
They do have a consumable as a VvV reward to remove stat loss. Stat loss is pretty short now. I believe stat loss has a purpose (and I am one of the people who end up in it more than I might like). It helps a smaller group of experienced pvpers against a larger group who would otherwise just rez up and keep pushing until they get lucky.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I transferred another red character to TC1. I was able to use a Forged Royal Pardon on him without joining VvV.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Kaio, try make a red char and just play in Felucca and you will see the blues true nature. Trust me, some of them are scum. You will see, that blue PK's or noto PK's really mean. They will kill anything, that won't give them counts.
With VvsV, they will target VvsV over non VvsV, as they only need to get a VvsV friend to kill them to get back to blue. A lot reds enjoy killing that kind of scum :devil: I know lots of cool reds and sure a lot of cool blue too.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With VvsV, they will target VvsV over non VvsV, as they only need to get a VvsV friend to kill them to get back to blue. A lot reds enjoy killing that kind of scum :devil: I know lots of cool reds and sure a lot of cool blue too.
I find this a good thing. Anyone that is joining VvV is probably doing so for PvP Action. If you can ultimately join VvV and be freely attackable (like being RED) then they will get more PvP...... Ganks suck ya..... but not having any action to begin with sucks more!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes I find it a good thing too :) A lot don't want to be aggressive in PvP and VvsV will allow them to make them a self a target and still be able to go to trammel. We may not see a lot reds in the future :)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's just how the game is now. When I went red all those years ago, it was for the bolded. For Covenant, the reason was likely the same. I, for one, will absolutely NOT use the forged royal pardon, even if I were to get my hands on one (Although I might use it on TC1 after a Char Copy just to see what happens when you get another count)

But to say that we're not pvp'ers? Come on man.

Uhh, what? You think Reds are the ones who cause grief in Felucca? That's some pretty good stuff, pass it to me. I've had more issues with people on BLUES since returning than I did with Reds, so do not tell me Reds only exist for griefing. The Blues today are too damn afraid to take counts in Fel (especially if you're in Blackthorn), so they'll just lure spawn on you to do the job. If I go back on my Red, they're nowhere to be found...but even if they stick around, it's still boring. If they do stay (or fight at all), I need at least two people to even make it interesting for me. Even if it was 2v1, they were unable to kill me (though I couldn't kill them either)

As far as the spawns, I've gone in solo to kill people on occasion...THEN I will call in guildmates to help finish it.
I never claimed that reds, were the only one who griefs in fel..I did however state that they are in the top of the greif toolchain :)
Iv'e never had any seriously issues with blues, when the guild i was in, had a whole shard on lockdown, controlled all champspawns..
But ya, lets call it pvp, when 1 large guild outnumbers another, and crush them 3 to 1 and controls all the champspawn..

So when and if you goto fel, to hunt some blue players who arent equipped for a pvp fight, arent that greifing ?

To me it sounds like someone bragging about killing the afk tamer at the bull pen :)
Oh man i just had this awesome pvp fight vs a guy running after some bulls..

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kaio, try make a red char and just play in Felucca and you will see the blues true nature. Trust me, some of them are scum. You will see, that blue PK's or noto PK's really mean. They will kill anything, that won't give them counts.
Usually the blue guy who grief, has serveral reds, i know how it works..
I mostly play in fel,, but i guess you have forgotten that, been awhile since iv'e visited siege :)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never claimed that reds, were the only one who griefs in fel..I did however state that they are in the top of the greif toolchain :)
Iv'e never had any seriously issues with blues, when the guild i was in, had a whole shard on lockdown, controlled all champspawns..
But ya, lets call it pvp, when 1 large guild outnumbers another, and crush them 3 to 1 and controls all the champspawn..

So when and if you goto fel, to hunt some blue players who arent equipped for a pvp fight, arent that greifing ?

To me it sounds like someone bragging about killing the afk tamer at the bull pen :)
Oh man i just had this awesome pvp fight vs a guy running after some bulls..
That argument is so 1999.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Usually the blue guy who grief, has serveral reds, i know how it works..
I mostly play in fel,, but i guess you have forgotten that, been awhile since iv'e visited siege :)
Yes it's long time,
kaio: [A HOUSE CAT, FA] 2000-2001 or was you Kaio Sama: [Keeper of the Way, BD!] 2001-2002
Sorry I did not remember you but you did not speak much, even when I saw you a lot :)
When I read the journals, you most sounds like Kaio Sama
I do miss FA, special Hands

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then i get 2k silver, where i can buy 4 "faction" arties. And i never have to partisipate in any VvV stuff at all ?
When my "faction" arties wear out, i can just leave VvV, rejoin and get another 2k silver and start all over ?
If by never participate you mean not play the pvp games yes, but you will still be flagged as VvV so someone may come along and require you to "partisipate". :D

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that's all you can do with it if you don't participate...but I'm not sure the "Faction" arties can wear out:

@Kyronix - when I was screwing around with jewelry repairs earlier (the VvV Orny), I noticed that the durability (after it was slightly damaged - I repaired it once when it was 251/255 & another time when it was 249/255) went back to 255 both times. Is this a property unique to Antique items, or was it just the in-game RNG cooperating with me and not losing any durability? While I vaguely recall it happening at least once years back: If it helps at all, when I did the same with a ring I brought over from LS, it lost a point of durability, as items usually do when they're repaired (it was 254/255 durability.)

As much as I'd love to "abuse the system" if this isn't intended to work that way (my only other experience with the Antique property is the Despise Wisp, which actually does give you stuff with a limited lifespan. 100/100 only takes 100 hits, sadly), I assume it'll be fixed if that's indeed the case? If it's intended to work this way, feel free to ignore this (if it's mentioned in the first Pub 86 thread that this is how Antique works, I didn't see it, since I didn't re-read past page 1.)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If by never participate you mean not play the pvp games yes, but you will still be flagged as VvV so someone may come along and require you to "partisipate". :D
I'm pretty sure i'll be quite safe out of feluca :) Wearing my free VvV arties :)

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that's all you can do with it if you don't participate...but I'm not sure the "Faction" arties can wear out:
You don't see it as a flaw in the system ?
Now i can get a +10 dex crimmy for my dexxer for free.
I can get a better orny+crystring for my mage/tamer char for free.. etc etc..

I'm pretty amazed that we had a VvV group, and all they could come up with, was free stuff, and clear counts.
And ya, i really think adding hair dyes to the VvV system will get more people to pvp.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure i'll be quite safe out of feluca :) Wearing my free VvV arties :)
Ah I see you can't attack people in tram. That's kind of stupid. Though isn't that how factions were as well?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ah I see you can't attack people in tram. That's kind of stupid. Though isn't that how factions were as well?
I agree, VvsV should work on all facets. It would make the normal shards a much nicer place.
Also the VvsV Artifacts should not have full power vs non VvsV players and mobs. Farmed artifacts and crafted stuff should be more powerful