• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 84 TC1 Patch Notes

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be a good idea to add the martis to the VOID pool. Was such a good idea but due to the lack of rewards its been a bust on every shard!
Maybe, I'm not convinced on that one. It might be fun to guess where they'll end up, but I'm afraid the thread would also get badly trolled. Logically the Minax hordes could be driven back to the old Minax stronghold in T2A, but that's Fel, so probably not the answer.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's odd. Should work the same way in all invaded cities. If you can submit more details via a bug report, particularly where you were when the beacon changed state and where you didn't get the message...although that might be hard to tell if you don't get a message to begin with...if you do that we can look into it.
I've had the same happen twice in Trammel Vesper.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm using a necro mage weaver with 0 luck.

I have slayer books for the spawn.
For captains I stand as far back as I can and fireball, e-bolt and WoD.
I try get to the beacons every time they are vulnerable.

After 3 days I've got 54 drops, some from the lesser spawn, some from captains and from the beacons.
I'm using a wraith thrower with a soul glaive using EOO and Consecrate Weapon constantly. I'm missing every 2 out of 3 throws with 120 throwing and 45 HCI. And I'm not leeching much mana even with HML and wraith form. I think I must be outdamaged by all of the Greater Drags and mages with WOD. I'm going to have to mark a runebook with all of the lighthouse locations because I haven't been able to get back to fight them while they are active. I'm always out fighting and then I start running back to the tower when it goes active. It is always destroyed to the next level when I get there.

I think my problem is all about damage. I'm not creating enough to get on the top attacker list. 54 drops vs 5... something is not working for me.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you have luck on your suit?
No, only using the statue for 650. I usually use perfection and the 1000 luck bonus, but I can barely manage two hits in a row before I miss and loose all perfection. Oh and that assumes I got the chance to honor the captain.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was getting drops from captains last night on a basic archer with around 1000 luck. I went through a long run of nothing then a good run. Throw in some from lighthouses and spawn and it begins to add up. Think I'm on 23 now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I was doing invasions regardless of what facet they were on..... but apparently from what I hear calling Guards in the Fel cities quit working yesterday.... Reds decided it was fun to come in to the city and start killing and rez killing without a care... So I decided that Fel can burn for all I care... Minax can have it.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I think my problem is all about damage. I'm not creating enough to get on the top attacker list.
I don't think so. It can be checked easily. After killing a captain try to open its corpse. I believe if you have rights to loot it you are in the list.

I think you do about 50 damage with with EOO and CW. And you are able to use AI on every third shot for 110 damage. I don't think a mage or a tamer does more.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I was doing invasions regardless of what facet they were on..... but apparently from what I hear calling Guards in the Fel cities quit working yesterday.... Reds decided it was fun to come in to the city and start killing and rez killing without a care... So I decided that Fel can burn for all I care... Minax can have it.
On Drachenfels last night I stick an arrow in a guy by mistake as I have pvp flag off by default. I was given the clear message "Guards can now be called on you".

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
On Drachenfels last night I stick an arrow in a guy by mistake as I have pvp flag off by default. I was given the clear message "Guards can now be called on you".
Nope player did NOT go gray.... Players were BLUE thru and thru...... Reds came into town started killing People tried to call guards.... no guards came. Reds camped the Healers and Rez killed.... fel can burn and Minax can have it.

Infact on the first few days not sure exactly WTF I was doing because only targets I had were my pet and the mob I had up..... and I went gray on my Tamer several times in Fel...... NO ONE attacked me.... and I attacked no one ...... have NO idea why I went gray and so did my pet many times.... But no this was Reds clearly targetting folk doing the invasions..... in a particular town and NO ONE could call guards on them... Now they were not dumb enough to attack me but some folk I know and killed them REPEATEDLY at the Healer... So not sure what's up but did want to warn people that it would seem Guards don't care if Reds kill you in town in Fel during the invasion.

Last edited:

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're absolutely right. We increased the chance of getting Invasion minors by half over Treasures of Tokuno minors. You also have two opportunities to get guaranteed minor artifacts: by killing Captains (a guaranteed drop to a random "top attacker") and destroying the Lighthouse (a guaranteed drop to all "top attackers") whereas ToT had just one...also these guarantees are independent of the points you accumulate from killing Captains and their minions. To put it into perspective, in the first day on TC1 a single player was able to collect 24 artifacts. Also, while the Invasion will not last forever - the ability to get the Blackthorn artifacts will have a permanent place in future content.
I've been playing 5 hours for 2 days, 2 hours for a 3rd, and 3 hours so far.. gotten 19 artifacts- using a greater dragon, 1k luck

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Luck does not play a role in the guaranteed drop that is awarded to a random "top attacker" by killing a Captain. It's completely random. The Lighthouse is a guarantee to everyone on the "top attacker" list, again luck not involved.

Where luck DOES come into play in a big way are the points you accumulate by killing creatures. The points are awarded based on the fame of the creature you kill grounded on the principle that the more difficult a creature, the more fame it will have. As you acquire more and more points your chances of getting a minor artifact drop approach 1 in 1.
Does the 1 to 1 ratio reset back once you get an artifact? -- also, you mean random chance luck, or luck stat?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does the 1 to 1 ratio reset back once you get an artifact? -- also, you mean random chance luck, or luck stat?
After you get an artifact independent of the guarantee from the Captain and the Lighthouse, your points reset and you start building them again. When I talk about luck, the stat itself influences your chances. Of course real world luck plays a role to in respect to the RNG.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm using a wraith thrower with a soul glaive using EOO and Consecrate Weapon constantly. I'm missing every 2 out of 3 throws with 120 throwing and 45 HCI. And I'm not leeching much mana even with HML and wraith form. I think I must be outdamaged by all of the Greater Drags and mages with WOD. I'm going to have to mark a runebook with all of the lighthouse locations because I haven't been able to get back to fight them while they are active. I'm always out fighting and then I start running back to the tower when it goes active. It is always destroyed to the next level when I get there.

I think my problem is all about damage. I'm not creating enough to get on the top attacker list. 54 drops vs 5... something is not working for me.
i wouldnt use wraith form. isnt enough mana to drain on the ones that are easiest to kill. hld is a must on these. make sure you have it unless you are in a group where someone else is applying it. luck is only for the minions. it has no effect on the captains or the lighthouse as they each have a drop everytime.

i have 2 throwers. 1 55ssi 211 stam (1.25 speed) 1 60ssi 151 stam. both have 50 mana leech glaives, but the mana leech doesnt seem to be working on the invasion stuff from what i can tell, so relying on about 15 mana regen on each character.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Artifact reward is influenced by luck.

What exactly is influenced? Chance to get a drop or intensity of properties?

Don't really expect an answer, a lot of questions about luck are unanswered. I'll just throw it out there anyway :)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What exactly is influenced? Chance to get a drop or intensity of properties?

Don't really expect an answer, a lot of questions about luck are unanswered. I'll just throw it out there anyway :)
Both. I described it elsewhere in a thread if you go back through the Dev Track list.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After you get an artifact independent of the guarantee from the Captain and the Lighthouse, your points reset and you start building them again. When I talk about luck, the stat itself influences your chances. Of course real world luck plays a role to in respect to the RNG.
No wonder I'm so screwed most the time.... I swear most of my accounts have a HUGE negative with the RNG..... It's like most people are at 0.... with the RNG ...... a couple people I know have a + number in the RNG ...... (This is the ONLY way I can explain a certain someone who always got drops in Doom and one time got 2 Ornies IN A ROW off back to back DF's)..... and others like me start off with the RNG at -20 million...... So only a truly astronomical value will EVER result in a drop in Doom or anywhere else.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope player did NOT go gray.... Players were BLUE thru and thru...... Reds came into town started killing People tried to call guards.... no guards came. Reds camped the Healers and Rez killed.... fel can burn and Minax can have it.

Infact on the first few days not sure exactly WTF I was doing because only targets I had were my pet and the mob I had up..... and I went gray on my Tamer several times in Fel...... NO ONE attacked me.... and I attacked no one ...... have NO idea why I went gray and so did my pet many times.... But no this was Reds clearly targetting folk doing the invasions..... in a particular town and NO ONE could call guards on them... Now they were not dumb enough to attack me but some folk I know and killed them REPEATEDLY at the Healer... So not sure what's up but did want to warn people that it would seem Guards don't care if Reds kill you in town in Fel during the invasion.
I went grey and the player who killed me later by mistake went grey. You said you heard this happened. Did you see it happen?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I went grey and the player who killed me later by mistake went grey. You said you heard this happened. Did you see it happen?
I saw quite a bit of it and I was in vent with most those involved in what happened so..... I pretty much know what was going on first hand... and I can say they were blue... and getting killed and despite calling guards no guards came...

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok last night went better for me. I got 2 drops in 2 hours on Atlantic. I switched from a thrower to a Necro-Mage. Even without summons the guaranteed hit of a spell over many missed throws made it go better and contribute more to the effort. I also marked runes to the tower. It was still tough to get in time. There are just so many people on Atlantic it goes fast. I am thinking of actually trying a lesser populated shard to see if that gives me more opportunity with a few less people, but we'll see. I am still at 7 overall Minax Arties. It will still take a long time at this rate to get anything special.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pacific is doing good for the time being, we x-heal,use scouts,and if lighthouse is ready we gate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Guri

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
A few days ago, when I defeated a captain, the message I got a MAF was displayed.
But MAF was dropped on the ground near the captain's corpse.

When lighthouse was destroyed, sometimes MAFs were dropped on the ground the place where lighthouse was destroyed.

Is this the same cause?
I want to know why MAF was dropped on the ground when lighthouse was destroyed.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ok, I am starting to get the hang of this. I had a span two nights ago with 8 drops in 2 hrs and I got 3 in an hour last night. I still have a long way to go but I am getting there. I am still dependent of someone else tanking. I will need to work a long term solution if these spawns become permanent as they are somewhere in game. In fact that is my preference at this time. Keep the invasions exactly as they are with the spawn, captains, and lighthouse. Just put them in a static location in Tram and Fel. Or maybe put then in another town like Cove. Wherever it is appropriate for Minax's forces to retreat to following their attempted invasion.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Half of what? The drop rate of ToT minors was based on the fame of the target as I recall.
The chance for a drop based on the accumulation of points which are calculated via the target's fame.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ilshenar is dead,maybe put it there

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well at least the minax and blackthorn arties are here to stay.....just hope they maybe use a designated dungeon to drop them after....would be cool to get the minax drops to turn in at the officers of the realm.....or they could add gold turn-ins....to get the minax drops.....like the libary and museum collections....mmmmmmmm

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Most of T2A is a wasteland as well. Not sure I'd want to meet a paragon Captain. I wonder if anyone has a pulled a map off of one. I doubt it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

Paragon captains scare me. Otherwise I would totally agree with your sentiment. That seems like a good place for Minax to retreat.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paragon captains scare me. Otherwise I would totally agree with your sentiment. That seems like a good place for Minax to retreat.

I think some of them are paragons already... look at the gold corpses.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add 5x the ability ,enhanced tracking and speed. Target switching as well. Not done yet. Remember to remove the location sensitive bagball rule.
Go get em boys! If the devs were crazy enough to do it, I would beg for a named chest and a L7 map to be added the spawn.. Would be worth building a guild just for that.
Dats right Uh Huh! Wee Bad! Apologies to Richard Pryor...........

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are going back to their spawn point. It would be a lame invasion if one person could round up all the spawn and lure it off to a remote location out of the city.
not really - the pop back to where ever their master is at that time. if he has moved then the spawn goes to where he currently is.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Put your e-peens away. No one cares about the history of macroing.
QFT

Oi..... could we just move on? Agree to disagree take that discussion to PM????? Seriously. WHO THE F**** CARES?!?! Macroing done or not done ..... yes people did it.... so???? They still do.... Attended and Unattended.... What it is now that's all that matters.

I have more concerns over duping.... and I WISH more than anything someone with some guts and such would tell the DEV's how it's being done so they can fix it.

I also don't know why we can't all just enjoy the game..... be thankful for the fact that we have a DEV team..... and that the team listens and cares about the game and they are trying their best to make it better...

Can't wait for in-game search... I know it's past the Oct date given but I also know they ARE working on it... it's not forgotten and neither are we.

And on that note can I say "All I want for Christmas is a house pet!" A critter of choice that will remain in my home.... greet me when I come home.... growl or Hiss or whatever at strangers.... and won't mess on my floor......

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
October date given? Where? I've seen no promised date for the vendor search that I can recall

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
She said they were hopeful of it being ready by October.
See not the only one that remembers..... but that's not important.... What is is that they are still working on it..... That and that they gave us INVASIONS! And I'm too busy having fun with that to care.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See not the only one that remembers..... but that's not important.... What is is that they are still working on it..... That and that they gave us INVASIONS! And I'm too busy having fun with that to care.

To some of us old-timers, we'll believe it when we see it. Nothing personal against any Devs, but it's like when necromancy was talked about in 1999 (which is why executioners caps and a couple of other things were introduced as loot) and that original system completely scrapped while it was on paper.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
To some of us old-timers, we'll believe it when we see it. Nothing personal against any Devs, but it's like when necromancy was talked about in 1999 (which is why executioners caps and a couple of other things were introduced as loot) and that original system completely scrapped while it was on paper.
Yeah But just think of all the money folk made keeping those old regs. Always hoped they would put some of that back in....

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The discussion which hijacked this thread has been removed.Those wishing to pursue that discussion will find the thread in Spiels and Rants.
My apologies for not taking this action sooner.