• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 84 TC1 Patch Notes

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Too bad about that there are no turkeys this year *frowns* Will the roast pigs provide us with "bacon of invisibility" in place of the feathers? *grins* Also those harvest blades were quite handy.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Devs! Will any of the new items be alterable? Let's say I got a ninja belt but a year later I would like to use it on a gargoyle. Can it be altered to a gargish sash?

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, how do you kill these invaders on a mage? Just died 20 times in a row.

They're extremely fast so kiting doesn't work good.

They are in town so tanking them with rising colossus is not possible.

They instakill a fire elemental that I summon outiside the guardzone and walk into range.

Bard does something that prevents you from casting spells alltogether.

Fencer instakilled me with an 128 damage hit.

Necro and mage cast very fast so you must be in protection to prevent interruptions, but they do more ranged damage than I can heal with my slower casting time.

And on top of that they got a zillion HP and high resist, lightning and fireball do roughly 20 damage and an ebolt 30, I can't get more than 5% off their HP before they kill me.

And on top of that they seem to disappear every time I die so just corpse running and shooting them till dead doesnt work.

I guess sampire is the only thing that can reliably kill these?

Last edited:

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking slayer book with a hearty group of people, pool your strength. Demon Slayer book worked great at the first Invasion in Vesper on TC (Demon Spawn)

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I have serious troubles with them just disappearing in the middle of a fight. Yes of course I kite them all the way around town... :S

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I have serious troubles with them just disappearing in the middle of a fight. Yes of course I kite them all the way around town... :S
They are going back to their spawn point. It would be a lame invasion if one person could round up all the spawn and lure it off to a remote location out of the city.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*snip*
*snip*
Question. Was there a pet attacking it when it hit you for 128 damage?
I had similar things happen to me at Exodus dungeon when fighting Juggernauts on my mêlée warrior when people sick their pets at it.
Seems to happen with critters that hit pets with double damage.
Might be a bug, and I will have to test it further. What it seems is that once pets engage the critter, the critter starts to hit players with pet damage if the aggro is at the player.

Edit:
Also, I was afraid this would be the case with the captains.
They seem to be raiders 2.0. :(

Last edited:
T

Tazar

OK edit (realy sick of the error drops of what I write or reply) Turkey hunting is also about the Harvester Blade. Really useful tool with a limited release that no PVPer can find a reason to complain about. How about a future release of a recipe. We need to be able to craft this TOOL ourselves. On other post. Noone is complaining about 84 for one good reason. Seems to be heavy on loads of stuff we have discussed here in UOHall for some time now. Now put in Dull Copper Eli pickaxed spawned and all with 25 ore instead of two. Stop forgeting to put Tmaps on event spawn unique monsters/enemy. And put the blackrock infested code switch to on, and break it off and toss it in the trash. How is collecting lable boxes a game breaker? Don't want to get infested jumped? Stay away from the rock.
If I remember correctly - the Butcher's War Cleaver is a craftable item with the same benefits as the Harvester's Blade.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm, how do you kill these invaders on a mage? Just died 20 times in a row.

They're extremely fast so kiting doesn't work good.

They are in town so tanking them with rising colossus is not possible.

They instakill a fire elemental that I summon outiside the guardzone and walk into range.

Bard does something that prevents you from casting spells alltogether.

Necro and mage cast very fast so you must be in protection to prevent interruptions, but they do more ranged damage than I can heal with my slower casting time.

And on top of that they got a zillion HP and high resist, lightning and fireball do roughly 20 damage and an ebolt 30, I can't get more than 5% off their HP before they kill me.

And on top of that they seem to disappear every time I die so just corpse running and shooting them till dead doesnt work.

I guess sampire is the only thing that can reliably kill these?
So the average player isn't going to be able to participate, just the uber kitted twinks...awesome. o_O

So tired of mobs with massive hitpoints, hellish attacks and warp drives.

Not every new mob needs to be super powerful Devs! Not everyone has a sampire.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I remember correctly - the Butcher's War Cleaver is a craftable item with the same benefits as the Harvester's Blade.
The Harvester's Blade has the same skinning benefits as the Butcher's War Cleaver AND gives an extra 10% resources when used to carve a corpse. Its nice for leather and feathers.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the average player isn't going to be able to participate, just the uber kitted twinks...awesome. o_O

Most monsters can be killed alone. It just for the captains you need a small group.
The Character i use on TC1 that i copied from Drachenfels is as basic a character can be, Nothing uber about it and he did pretty good.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most monsters can be killed alone. It just for the captains you need a small group.
The Character i use on TC1 that i copied from Drachenfels is as basic a character can be, Nothing uber about it and he did pretty good.
That is slightly more encouraging! ;)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

As a matter of fact, these mobs do not have nearly as many hit points as a traditional boss level mob and each have their own special abilities to make the fights feel more variable. We ran through the invasions with a variety of different play templates (decked out sampires included and average gear alike) and different captain templates will have strengths and weaknesses in each fight. Also don't forget there are a variety of unusual tactics available in city fighting that are not available in other areas of fighting...I for one parked my ship right up at the docks and lured those pesky captains into awaiting cannon fire...hehe.

Last edited:

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, the key to kill captains is team work; this encourages group participation. Also has anybody turned in a minor artifact that was worth more than one point? I was wondering if they're all worth one point. Gives us an idea how many it will take to 'buy' the artifacts from the NPC.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, the key to kill captains is team work; this encourages group participation. Also has anybody turned in a minor artifact that was worth more than one point? I was wondering if they're all worth one point. Gives us an idea how many it will take to 'buy' the artifacts from the NPC.
All the minax artifacts are worth 1 point.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. Here is a list of all the conversion items available from the officers for each slot....
Would it be possible to make these items a little easier to highlight in the reward gump? Since there are multiples of some items that look the same, The Crimson Cincture & the Tangle for example.

In the CC it's very hard to mouse over the items to see the tool-tip appear.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would it be possible to make these items a little easier to highlight in the reward gump? Since there are multiples of some items that look the same, The Crimson Cincture & the Tangle for example.

I know the issue you are referring to, and its related to that style of gump which we've reused from other systems. If you move the cursor outside of the reward gump and back in you'll see better results.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yes its Very Difficult to highlight the items. some of them i had to give up on and just guess cuase i was pretty sure what they were.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know the issue you are referring to, and its related to that style of gump which we've reused from other systems. If you move the cursor outside of the reward gump and back in you'll see better results.
yes its Very Difficult to highlight the items. some of them i had to give up on and just guess cuase i was pretty sure what they were.
Kyronix's suggestion worked like a charm, but it would be nice if they could fix that :D .

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well you prolly can get a luck robe if you spend 40 hours monster bashing,seem like alot for me hehe ,i got 4 items(points)in 3 hours maybe im not that good ,hope its not damaged based i only got items from the ligthouse nothing from any of the minions or captains

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Add my name to the list of people who want the Harvester's Blade brought back for Thanksgiving. If it's too late to shoehorn it in for this year please consider it for next year.
I only have one and it's probably the most useful item that I have.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a matter of fact, these mobs do not have nearly as many hit points as a traditional boss level mob and each have their own special abilities to make the fights feel more variable. We ran through the invasions with a variety of different play templates (decked out sampires included and average gear alike) and different captain templates will have strengths and weaknesses in each fight. Also don't forget there are a variety of unusual tactics available in city fighting that are not available in other areas of fighting...I for one parked my ship right up at the docks and lured those pesky captains into awaiting cannon fire...hehe.
Thank you for that! :) Are the captains vulnerable to repond slayers? Mages tend to do horrible damage against human-type mobs without a slayer and so many human mobs haven't been repond in the last several years...

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are going back to their spawn point. It would be a lame invasion if one person could round up all the spawn and lure it off to a remote location out of the city.
Are you calling the pied piper lame?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do we have a list of Minax minor Arties? Might I suggest we start sharing drops here. Are all majors a 10 to 1 turn-in?
The Minax Arties are generated randomly using the same loot generator that you see in places like Shame. Majors are 10, 25, 50, 75, and 100 points depending on which one you pick.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The Minax Arties are generated randomly using the same loot generator that you see in places like Shame. Majors are 10, 25, 50, 75, and 100 points depending on which one you pick.
Ok, I see how it works. The Stratics page Petra linked to in another thread explains it. Thanks again for this system. I am looking forward to getting busy killing invaders on my home shard.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm interesting, the Sheriff of Jhelom has a ship for pirating hunting.... Maybe I should order him to move it close to Jhelom. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is slightly more encouraging! ;)
I do the testing always with the same character:

120 Swords
120 Tactics
120 Healing
120 Anatomy
120 Parrying
120 Resist

Its a all 73 resist suit (Working to get it all 75) With a few extra things. Nothing fancy.
I use him because of the same fear as you that things could be to hard . When I see he can handle him alone then I know other templates can do even better.
I Even used him for the entire exploring the deep quest to make sure it can be done alone. Even the hard fights in Ilshenar and close combat with the dragons and Djinn. Fight run and heal still works fine after 15 years. ;)

Working together on the Captains really works nice. Its better to fight 1 captain with 5 people then 5 trying to kill each one seperate in the same town. :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Butchers just leather. Has that advantage.

Harvester feathers, scale, meats, fur, dragons blood and leathers. It's bonus and a human bonus makes for swayback packies.

Last edited:

Dragonater

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I like the variety of the different mobs (nice job) but is there any chance of tweaking the Bard Captain...It's 2-3 spells or hits then go off screen and wait for the 25 sec timer to expire from the tune he just played that prevents you from casting or swinging. At one point there was a group of about 8 of us just sitting there all sparkled up with nothing to do. I want to fight not sit there. If you come back too soon you're hit again and now it's been 40-50 secs before you can re-engage. Its just frustrating and takes too long even with group. Give me a one hit insta kill Archer or fencer anyday. Well maybe not.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the variety of the different mobs (nice job) but is there any chance of tweaking the Bard Captain...It's 2-3 spells or hits then go off screen and wait for the 25 sec timer to expire from the tune he just played that prevents you from casting or swinging. At one point there was a group of about 8 of us just sitting there all sparkled up with nothing to do. I want to fight not sit there. If you come back too soon you're hit again and now it's been 40-50 secs before you can re-engage. Its just frustrating and takes too long even with group. Give me a one hit insta kill Archer or fencer anyday. Well maybe not.
yeah the bard is a little out of hand, even hitting him with bard abilities or skills he persists.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. Here is a list of all the conversion items available from the officers for each slot....

Dress
Generic Robe
Male Kimono
Female Kimono
Fancy Dress
Guilded Dress
Plain Dress
Epaulettes Human
Epaulettes Garg
Gargish Robe
Fancy Gargish Robe
Hooded Robe

Head
Wizard's Hat
Feathered Hat
Garg Earrings
Skull Cap
Bandana
Tricorn Hat
Jester Hat
Royal Circlet
Circlet
Norse Helm
Plate Helm
Gargish Glasses

Waist
Ninja Belt
Elven Belt
Obi
Gargish Half Apron

Cape
Cloak
Gargish Cloth Wing Armor

Chest
Plate Tunic
Chain Tunic
Ring Tunic
Dragon Breastplate
Gargish Plate Tunic
Gargish Stone Tunic

Above Chest
Tunic
Surcoat
Gargish Sash
Doublet

I'm not quite sure understand, does this mean I can turn a conjurer's garb into a dress or fancy dress and keep the stats? Or there's a reward like that?

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate the turkeys. They were dull and boring. Thanks for turning them off!!!

The invasion will be fun! I am so happy about your decisions in 2013. Hopefully, you let this turned on for half a year or so. Otherwise would be a shame.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent been albe to tell if luck helps? Im averaging 1-2 minors a HR?

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent been albe to tell if luck helps? Im averaging 1-2 minors a HR?
I hope so. I have my disco tamer waiting (with a middling luck suit ~900-1k). I started adding up how many mArty drops I will need, and let's just say that it wasn't pretty. I hope they keep this invasion open for a while. But I am very excited for it, regardless!

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way it is just now I would have to sink far too many hours into that system for a decent artifact.
You have to get the balance right between monster toughness and item saturation; but I think for the casual player at the moment, a Blackthorn Artifact would be difficult to acquire.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way it is just now I would have to sink far too many hours into that system for a decent artifact.
You have to get the balance right between monster toughness and item saturation; but I think for the casual player at the moment, a Blackthorn Artifact would be difficult to acquire.
I agree with the system as it is now the juice is not worth the squeeze. In a months time I might get enough for 1 artifact. This is def no treasures of tokuno system

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at this rate for 100 points thats 50 hours of game play

I would say that is intended so that the original items still retain their value.

Plus, this might be one of the things that remains in the game (at least the artifacts dropping from some location).

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say that is intended so that the original items still retain their value.

Plus, this might be one of the things that remains in the game (at least the artifacts dropping from some location).
Once you try it out let me know how you like it. It's a HUGE let down after reading the patch notes then trying to get a drop. Luck has no difference in drops and seems like its one drop per mob boss (when they drops a item). If i wanted a lt sash I would just do 50 ricktors and I would get a few sashes before I would get one this way

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is def no treasures of tokuno system
You're absolutely right. We increased the chance of getting Invasion minors by half over Treasures of Tokuno minors. You also have two opportunities to get guaranteed minor artifacts: by killing Captains (a guaranteed drop to a random "top attacker") and destroying the Lighthouse (a guaranteed drop to all "top attackers") whereas ToT had just one...also these guarantees are independent of the points you accumulate from killing Captains and their minions. To put it into perspective, in the first day on TC1 a single player was able to collect 24 artifacts. Also, while the Invasion will not last forever - the ability to get the Blackthorn artifacts will have a permanent place in future content.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You're absolutely right. We increased the chance of getting Invasion minors by half over Treasures of Tokuno minors. You also have two opportunities to get guaranteed minor artifacts by killing Captains (a guaranteed drop to a random "top attacker") and destroying the Lighthouse (a guaranteed drop to all "top attackers") whereas ToT had just one...also these guarantees are independent of the points you accumulate from killing Captains and their minions. To put it into perspective, in the first day on TC1 a single player was able to collect 24 artifacts. Also, while the Invasion will not last forever - the ability to get the Blackthorn artifacts will have a permanent place in future content.
That's good to hear..... as someone with over 50 characters on my shard I don't have time to constantly farm these things to get what I'd like... And I surely don't have the resources to buy things at insane rates.... so it's nice to hear we will be able to keep getting the items.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're absolutely right. We increased the chance of getting Invasion minors by half over Treasures of Tokuno minors. You also have two opportunities to get guaranteed minor artifacts: by killing Captains (a guaranteed drop to a random "top attacker") and destroying the Lighthouse (a guaranteed drop to all "top attackers") whereas ToT had just one...also these guarantees are independent of the points you accumulate from killing Captains and their minions. To put it into perspective, in the first day on TC1 a single player was able to collect 24 artifacts. Also, while the Invasion will not last forever - the ability to get the Blackthorn artifacts will have a permanent place in future content.

Good to know it's not a limited time engagement. How does luck affect the drops since the top attacker gets a drop?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As for the "Top Attacker" crap I sure hope you aren't figuring that like you all do for the EM event drops because if that's the case I may as well not bother at all with this since I can't even get looting rights 9 times out of 10 anymore... and I do almost 10k in damage most the time...... yet I'm NEVER in the top attackers and don't hardly ever earn looting rights.... go figure.

I hate the way things are calculated anymore it just serves one play style... So saying you don't have to be "uber" is really a lie then. Because if you ever want to actually get anything out of the invasions you will have to be "uber" and just like the EM events it'll be highly one sided in favor of that play style.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good to know it's not a limited time engagement. How does luck affect the drops since the top attacker gets a drop?
Luck does not play a role in the guaranteed drop that is awarded to a random "top attacker" by killing a Captain. It's completely random. The Lighthouse is a guarantee to everyone on the "top attacker" list, again luck not involved.

Where luck DOES come into play in a big way are the points you accumulate by killing creatures. The points are awarded based on the fame of the creature you kill grounded on the principle that the more difficult a creature, the more fame it will have. As you acquire more and more points your chances of getting a minor artifact drop approach 1 in 1.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix since you are around, can you guys consider putting the harvester's blade in again somewhere somewhen?
Maybe as loot on a paragon rideable gorilla?