• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 84 TC1 Patch Notes

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes
2013 Oct 15 18:11 GMT
Revenge of the Enchantress

The next phase of the current content arc finds Britannia’s Loyalty cities under attack!

• Loyalty Cities (Britain, Trinsic, Minoc, Yew, Jhelom, Moonglow, New Magincia, Vesper, and Skara Brae) in Trammel and Felucca are under attack!
  • A random loyalty city in Trammel and Felucca will be under attack at any given time.
  • Invasion forces consist of a Captain and a group of minions.
  • Minions must be killed off before the Captain becomes vulnerable to attack.
  • Minion groups are chosen randomly at the beginning of a city invasion and remain persistent for the duration of that City’s invasion.
  • At the beginning of each city’s invasion a beacon will be built within the city limits.
  • The objective is to destroy the beacon to end the invasion.
  • The beacon will only become vulnerable to attack after a requisite number of Captains have been killed.
  • Killing captains, minions, and the beacon can reward the attacker with minor artifacts.
  • Artifact reward is influenced by luck.
  • Minor artifacts can be turned in to Agents of the Crown, NPCs located in each loyalty city, in exchange for Artifacts Bearing the Crest of Blackthorn.
  • Blackthorn Artifacts are identical (in nearly all cases) to other artifacts currently available, however are a different art type.
  • Blackthorn Artifacts include new versions of: Lt of the RBG Sash, Quiver of Infinity, Rune Beetle Carapace, Cloak of Death, Cloak of Power, Cloak of Silence, Cloak of Life, Conjurer's Garb, Mystic's Garb, Shroud of the Condemned, Folded Steel Glasses, Mace & Shield Glasses, Night Eyes, Crimson Cincture, & Tangle.
  • A new wearable, the Epaulette, is available and can be worn in the robe slot. These are meant to replace the robe so the rest of the armor remains visible. They can only be seen in the paper doll.

Cornucopia – Thanksgiving Treats

• A chance to acquire a rotating pig on a spit BBQ has been added to the Cornucopia.
  • The BBQ pit can be used as a fire source for cooking.
  • Once per day you can double click the pig to receive, at random, a platter of pulled pork, or a pulled pork sandwich.
World building

• A stable has been added to the City of Vesper near the Vesper Bank
Bug Fixes
  • The 'Fault' and 'Ready" tooltip for the Ararat's Winch Assembly is now hued in the EC.
  • Players may now toggle off the PVP warning gump provided when travelling by house teleporters to Felucca. You may re-enable the gump by the avatar’s context menu.
  • The EC now provides an item description for Bane property.

Classic client 7.0.33
  • Cliloc Changes
  • New Art Additions
Enhanced Client 4.0.33
  • Cliloc Changes
  • New Art Additions
In the spirit of Halloween the UO Team has donned Halloween costumes, Enjoy!!

Continue reading...

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • A new wearable, the Epaulette, is available and can be worn in the robe slot. These are meant to replace the robe so the rest of the armor remains visible. They can only be seen in the paper doll.

This sounds exciting =)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's interesting with the re-release of some of these artifacts, however, some of these items are already still obtainable... Soooo, does this mean there's going to be a big revamp in one of the future publishes, so that people would do ML peerless' for CCs (or different drops), and Navrey for Tangles/night eyes?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hell Yea!!!!!

OMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!!
BRB! I am going to buy a few cases of energy drinks, so I am well prepared when this goes live!
Who needs sleep?

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Patch Notes

This is a welcome addition, but I'm not sure if it truly remedies most players' concerns? It seems the original thought was that existing robes (with modifications) could somehow be "invisible" (so that one could receive the mod benefits, while not hiding armor underneath). The epaulette accomplishes the "invisible" part of that, but w/o the mods, what good is the epaulette? At that point, the player would already have to take off the visible, modified, robe. Kind of defeats the [original] purpose, no?

Is there some sort of system to convert existing robes (modified or not) to epaulettes (w/o losing mods, obviously)? That might accomplish the original goal, I believe.

Maybe I am reading it wrong though?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a welcome addition, but I'm not sure if it truly remedies most players' concerns? It seems the original thought was that existing robes (with modifications) could somehow be "invisible" (so that one could receive the mod benefits, while not hiding armor underneath). The epaulette accomplishes the "invisible" part of that, but w/o the mods, what good is the epaulette? At that point, the player would already have to take off the visible, modified, robe. Kind of defeats the [original] purpose, no?

Is there some sort of system to convert existing robes (modified or not) to epaulettes (w/o losing mods, obviously)? That might accomplish the original goal, I believe.

Maybe I am reading it wrong though?
All of the robe arties that are available from King Blackthorn's agents are available as Epaulettes as well, so you get the same stats without the full coverage of the robe.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay, this sounds VERY exciting.
And the chance to obtain the old artifacts is grand! This arc might prove to be interesting... if those bloody minions aren't like the bloody raiders that took several minutes to kill.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of the robe arties that are available from King Blackthorn's agents are available as Epaulettes as well, so you get the same stats without the full coverage of the robe.
What about the conjuror's robe I already have? Can I convert that one??

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Blackthorn Artifacts include new versions of: Lt of the RBG Sash, Quiver of Infinity, Rune Beetle Carapace, Cloak of Death, Cloak of Power, Cloak of Silence, Cloak of Life, Conjurer's Garb, Mystic's Garb, Shroud of the Condemned, Folded Steel Glasses, Mace & Shield Glasses, Night Eyes, Crimson Cincture, & Tangle.
COnjurer Trinket ???? Rangers Cloak ????

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
COnjurer Trinket ???? Rangers Cloak ????
I think the whole point of this, is to provide different art options for items that have become mainstays in our suits over the years.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just noticed the lack of conjurer's grimoire on that list as well.
A bit sad, since it is one of my favorite spellbooks in the game.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if fighting the invaders will cause city loyalty to change. Will we have to juggle our participation in other cities to preserve our status in our chosen city?

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*Zoooommmmgggggg* *twitch*

Cant WAIT till this goes live, love the invasions, AND now we can all get some cool stuff!!

Thx Devs!!! :heart::heart::thumbsup:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thank you for the post!
Any hints on new vet rewards?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This sounds exciting =)
It did, sort of, but it seems the only ones available are the ones with properties from the turnin, so I want to start a campaign to at least let a version without any properties be craftable, and to let existing robes be converted as per human/garg items....

As modelled by the turnin NPC, they look like this

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Patch Notes

The next phase of the current content arc finds Britannia’s Loyalty cities under attack!

• Loyalty Cities (Britain, Trinsic, Minoc, Yew, Jhelom, Moonglow, New Magincia, Vesper, and Skara Brae) in Trammel and Felucca are under attack!
  • A random loyalty city in Trammel and Felucca will be under attack at any given time.
  • Minion groups are chosen randomly at the beginning of a city invasion and remain persistent for the duration of that City’s invasion.
  • At the beginning of each city’s invasion a beacon will be built within the city limits.
  • The objective is to destroy the beacon to end the invasion.
  • The beacon will only become vulnerable to attack after a requisite number of Captains have been killed.
  • Killing captains, minions, and the beacon can reward the attacker with minor artifacts.
  • Artifact reward is influenced by luck.
  • Minor artifacts can be turned in to Agents of the Crown, NPCs located in each loyalty city, in exchange for Artifacts Bearing the Crest of Blackthorn.
  • Blackthorn Artifacts are identical (in nearly all cases) to other artifacts currently available, however are a different art type.
  • Blackthorn Artifacts include new versions of: Lt of the RBG Sash, Quiver of Infinity, Rune Beetle Carapace, Cloak of Death, Cloak of Power, Cloak of Silence, Cloak of Life, Conjurer's Garb, Mystic's Garb, Shroud of the Condemned, Folded Steel Glasses, Mace & Shield Glasses, Night Eyes, Crimson Cincture, & Tangle.

Cornucopia – Thanksgiving Treats

• A chance to acquire a rotating pig on a spit BBQ has been added to the Cornucopia.
  • The BBQ pit can be used as a fire source for cooking.
  • Once per day you can double click the pig to receive, at random, a platter of pulled pork, or a pulled pork sandwich.
World building

• A stable has been added to the City of Vesper near the Vesper Bank
Bug Fixes

• The 'Fault' and 'Ready" tooltip for the Ararat's Winch Assembly is now hued in the EC.
  • Players may now toggle off the PVP warning gump provided when travelling by house teleporters to Felucca. You may re-enable the gump by the avatar’s context menu.
  • The EC now provides an item description for Bane property.

Classic client 7.0.33
  • Cliloc Changes
  • New Art Additions
Enhanced Client 4.0.33

• Cliloc Changes
  • New Art Additions
In the spirit of Halloween the UO Team has donned Halloween costumes, Enjoy!!

Continue reading...
Will killing the invaders gain loyalty for that city? In other words if I want to participate on a character that is loyal to another town is it going to screw up my loyalty?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No turkeys this year. Instead for the harvest season we shall all enjoy the sweet delicacy of perfectly prepared roast pig and other delicious items from the Cornucopia :)
That's rather unfortunate. I know many people who enjoyed fighting them and hunting down their nests. The turkeys would be a good way to get the cornucopias, instead of passively dumping them in our packs.

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will killing the invaders gain loyalty for that city? In other words if I want to participate on a character that is loyal to another town is it going to screw up my loyalty?
It doesn't appear that it effects loyalty. I am Venerated to Moonglow and after about 2 hours of fighting stuff at Yew on TC1 I was still Venerated and 'Unknown' to Yew.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Damn the man! I go out of town for two weeks, leaving this Saturday. I REALLY, REALLLY hope that the invasions will go on for a while so I can participate once I'm back!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No turkeys this year. Instead for the harvest season we shall all enjoy the sweet delicacy of perfectly prepared roast pig and other delicious items from the Cornucopia :)
Thankyou SOOOO much. I know the developers dont really play the game, but with no slayer (bird slayer did not work) it really made doing champ spawns impossible to do as normal. and they were never turned off till like early spring. and prices on everything from champ spawns would go sky high.

GOOD RIDANCE

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the invasions be permanent or taken out after some time?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I like everything I've read. I think the Epaulette is a neat way to implement the mods of robes without showing them. I am particularly excited to see a turn-in based system (a la Treasures of Tokuno). I look forward to getting started. I hope all of the items can either be worn by a gargoyle or altered to be usable by one (including the epaulettes).

Two requests:
1) Can these invasions go on for 45-60 days so people can really enjoy it? Or maybe permanent somewhere in the game? Ilshenar needs some permanent love.
2) Can you please add Ranger's Cloak's of Augmentation, Conjurer's Trinkets, and Conjurer's Grimoires as drops as well?

Thanks!

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Patch Notes

PARTY TIME!

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps we can add the Epaulette to the graphic choices of the vet reward clothing. Folks can change it via the box in Moonglow that exists already.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-I'm glad my warriors don't have to look like woman.... uhm mages in a robe..... ;)

-The Towns Governorw better start to organise a group of Citizens to defend their towns! :D

- Where is my stable in Jhelom? :)

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty impressed. Addressed the old unavailable arties issue, the roleplayer robe issue, vendor search data incoming, Thanksgiving covered, plus a tried and true invasion to whet our appetites. All I can say is I hope the invaders respond to "Trick or Treat," lol...I won't have enough time to collect heads now ;D.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Epulets look really cool. was hoping for a rocking jin boori but gotta like this. This made me think of an army uniform and would be cool if you could get medals to display on your tunic for fighting back these invasions. I know it would take a lot of work code wise to implement this and i'm not asking for it but it just came to mind.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose I'm one of the harshest critics of the devteam still around, but this time I can't find anything in the patch that I don't like.

GOOD JOB!

Great idea to have new versions of existing artifacts! Stops the powercreep dead in its tracks. I wonder what type of helmet the new mace and shield glasses will have.

Just wondering, is there any artifact robe in fancy dress form?

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm excited about the invasion.. I've always liked protecting Trinsic.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the way the invasion works. Now you can actualy visible see how much progress you doing to fight them back. And be rewarded for it to fight aginst the invasion forces. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose I'm one of the harshest critics of the devteam still around, but this time I can't find anything in the patch that I don't like.

GOOD JOB!

Great idea to have new versions of existing artifacts! Stops the powercreep dead in its tracks. I wonder what type of helmet the new mace and shield glasses will have.

Yes, basically. I've made a page, but wasn't going to formally announce it till after Sunday's party. I hope I've managed to explain clearly how it works.
http://uo2.stratics.com/items/blackthorn-artifacts

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't get any martie drops working the minions, but I wasn't wearing luck. Can anyone confirm? And are they marties from the existing drop lists? Which lists?

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

GOOD JOB!

Yes. Here is a list of all the conversion items available from the officers for each slot....

Dress
Generic Robe
Male Kimono
Female Kimono
Fancy Dress
Guilded Dress
Plain Dress
Epaulettes Human
Epaulettes Garg
Gargish Robe
Fancy Gargish Robe
Hooded Robe

Head
Wizard's Hat
Feathered Hat
Garg Earrings
Skull Cap
Bandana
Tricorn Hat
Jester Hat
Royal Circlet
Circlet
Norse Helm
Plate Helm
Gargish Glasses

Waist
Ninja Belt
Elven Belt
Obi
Gargish Half Apron

Cape
Cloak
Gargish Cloth Wing Armor

Chest
Plate Tunic
Chain Tunic
Ring Tunic
Dragon Breastplate
Gargish Plate Tunic
Gargish Stone Tunic

Above Chest
Tunic
Surcoat
Gargish Sash
Doublet

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK edit (realy sick of the error drops of what I write or reply) Turkey hunting is also about the Harvester Blade. Really useful tool with a limited release that no PVPer can find a reason to complain about. How about a future release of a recipe. We need to be able to craft this TOOL ourselves. On other post. Noone is complaining about 84 for one good reason. Seems to be heavy on loads of stuff we have discussed here in UOHall for some time now. Now put in Dull Copper Eli pickaxed spawned and all with 25 ore instead of two. Stop forgeting to put Tmaps on event spawn unique monsters/enemy. And put the blackrock infested code switch to on, and break it off and toss it in the trash. How is collecting lable boxes a game breaker? Don't want to get infested jumped? Stay away from the rock.

Last edited: