• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 84 TC1 Patch Notes

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree, yet another black mark on the system.

Seems that the uber suited, know how event junkies that run programs to play their games for them win the day yet again. And the wow look at my billions of duped gold crowd just buy the arties up for their toys.

When will you wake up to the fact that you're catering to power gamers/exploiters, and running your casual gamers away with the crap?

You created yet another system where the haves win the day, and the have nots get the short end if the stick..

Kudos, good job boys

Btw, I have a nice suit, not the best. I know the game mechanics and utilize them. I played for six hours and pulled 4 artifacts, all but one from lighthouses, you do the math and tell me my time was well spent.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't know..me and a friend did it for about hour and a half and got 3 each :shrugs:

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Btw, I have a nice suit, not the best. I know the game mechanics and utilize them. I played for six hours and pulled 4 artifacts, all but one from lighthouses, you do the math and tell me my time was well spent.

To put things into perspective working 2 weeks in a full-time (40 hour week) position wouldn't net you an item on the top list (100 points). You'd have to put in 20 hours of overtime.

So all you working people imagine what you go through to earn your paycheck every 2 weeks or so. This event requires that type of time commitment and then some. Then there's the chance for bad rolls of not getting anything...

Two people are out of their bleepin' mind:

The Dev who set it up this way

Anyone who grinds through to try and reach 100 points.

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I don't know..me and a friend did it for about hour and a half and got 3 each :shrugs:
Shrugs beats me, I can only comment on what I see.. Shard population density will weigh heavy both ways I guess

Btw, saw an Artie jump onto the ground after the captain died, figure that one out for me...

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shrugs beats me, I can only comment on what I see.. Shard population density will weigh heavy both ways I guess

Btw, saw an Artie jump onto the ground after the captain died, figure that one out for me...
The best combo seems to be a GDrag with 2 throwers and it drops extremely fast

yenliu

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Are Top attackers equivalent to players who own looting rights??

I guess this can simply answer the question.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are Top attackers equivalent to players who own looting rights??

I guess this can simply answer the question.
My understanding is that it's the same system that is used for EM Event items. So it's a mix of most damage and healing, tho I have a friend who was simply healing a sampire on origin and recieved an artifact. So your guess is as good as mine, either way the effort is simply not worth the reward if you have to compete with autobots.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok to put things in perspective... we play the game for fun. its not a job. as i see it, if you get a system down you can kill a guy every 5 mins. Lets say average is 10 minors an hour. 10 hours of play time to get a top level item.

The invasion is what like 5months? plus youll be able to get them after the invasion is over apparently.

So, lets say you play 1 hour a week doing invasion stuff, you will have some fun and get a thingy by the time the invasion is over.

Anyone who is expecting to just farm this thing for the sake of an item or compare it to a job is out of their mind.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok to put things in perspective... we play the game for fun. its not a job. as i see it, if you get a system down you can kill a guy every 5 mins. Lets say average is 10 minors an hour. 10 hours of play time to get a top level item.

The invasion is what like 5months? plus youll be able to get them after the invasion is over apparently.

So, lets say you play 1 hour a week doing invasion stuff, you will have some fun and get a thingy by the time the invasion is over.

Anyone who is expecting to just farm this thing for the sake of an item or compare it to a job is out of their mind.
If you are killing a Captain every 5 mins, that is 12 Captains in 1 hour. In order to get 10 minors from those 12 you would have to be soloing...

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Common smoot, your not soloing a captain, and not in 5 minutes.. Unless your Tripple or quad clienting and have 8 arms...

Lol average 10 minors an hour.. I just snort laughed

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same thing happened to me when I had one down to 16%. Lucky for me one of the 2 guys who jumped in at 16% and got the drop tossed it on the ground. Class act. But the point remains I did 84% of the work and someone was able to come in at the last minute and reap the benefits of 20 minutes of my game effort.

Day 1 and I'm already done with this event. 4 hours and 4 points.

If it had been me "jumping in" as you put it, it would have been to help kill the guy not to steal you arty. After all our goal is to work together to save the towns, isn't it? Am I supposed to stop each time and ask if I can join in? I understand that we all probably want the arties but if that is the main focus then this is not going to be a fun event (Well not for me at least). So maybe you would be better off just accepting that people will help. You will be able to kill more of them faster and have more chances at a drop!?

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Common smoot, your not soloing a captain, and not in 5 minutes.. Unless your Tripple or quad clienting and have 8 arms...

Lol average 10 minors an hour.. I just snort laughed
yes captains can be soloed in about 5 mins on a thrower or melee character using aromor ignor. 100 mana leech bladed staff with hit lower attack and hit lightning is what i am using on sampire, altho im thinking dropping necro in favor of healing might be better. hit fatigue also might be good. this is only for the non-casters btw (warrior types and rogue types)

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it had been me "jumping in" as you put it, it would have been to help kill the guy not to steal you arty. After all our goal is to work together to save the towns, isn't it? Am I supposed to stop each time and ask if I can join in? I understand that we all probably want the arties but if that is the main focus then this is not going to be a fun event (Well not for me at least). So maybe you would be better off just accepting that people will help. You will be able to kill more of them faster and have more chances at a drop!?
If I see a guy sitting at a table alone eating a small pizza and he has 1 slice left I don't walk up and eat it assuming the goal was to eat the pizza. If someone has taken the damn time to solo one down that low, leave em the hell alone. If they want or need your help they'll ask you.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At its current stage most players will get enough for one aritfact , MAYBE if any. The grind of all time is upon us! I love the hydras one hit kill!

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I see a guy sitting at a table alone eating a small pizza and he has 1 slice left I don't walk up and eat it assuming the goal was to eat the pizza. If someone has taken the damn time to solo one down that low, leave em the hell alone. If they want or need your help they'll ask you.

*sighs*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First off I have no idea what's up with this event in Fel but it's seriously starting to peeve me.... I have ZERO clue why I keep going Gray and so does my pet when all I'm doing is healing my pet and attacking the mobs... I haven't flagged on anyone, haven't healed anyone, haven't attacked anything other than the mob.... yet keep going Gray.

I have 2 bars up my pets and the mob he's attacking.... and I can not possibly be attacking anything but the mob...... yet I keep going gray. Seriously making me VERY angry.... I"m not casting anything other than Fireball and Greater Heal...... I'm not even doing mass cure thinking THAT was the cause of my going gray..... but NO. Still doing it. Really makes me mad.

Secondly I too am HIGHLY annoyed with working on a mob doing 90% of the work only to have some other jerk step in last moment and take the prize. WTH.

And then.... Bards are still way overpowered. And the LAG is infreakingsane.... Half the time I think I"m half a screen away when infact I'm dead somewhere without knowing anything was attacking me.

Then I can't move and don't have any clue why....

And finally how are we supposed to get any artifacts when it takes an hour just to kill one of these guards and after wasting that hour working on it.... someone else always comes along at the last min and gets the drop. Seriously NOT making it "fun"....

As an archer found it's FAR too expensive to work on this. Use up over a quiver full of arrows and over 100 bandages for someone else to get the drop. Not very endearing.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's what I was afraid of the drops are calculated the same as EM event drops which means I may as well not bother most the time because I NEVER get a drop anymore at EM events... Waste of time if you ask me. Just hang out at the lighthouse and let all the wraith throwers do everything ...... they are the only ones that get drops. Wait till the lighthouse is ready to drop then attack it.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Necro/tamer here I'm getting more drops than throwers, but were also co-operative

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im just glad to see LS so full. I hope the crowds don't taper for a while. I got 4 minax items during 1 invasion.

Very fun tonight!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I was afraid of the drops are calculated the same as EM event drops which means I may as well not bother most the time because I NEVER get a drop anymore at EM events... Waste of time if you ask me. Just hang out at the lighthouse and let all the wraith throwers do everything ...... they are the only ones that get drops. Wait till the lighthouse is ready to drop then attack it.

Yes, stand at the lighthouse alone when its turn to vurnable.......... Might be a very Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Idea. Have fun with all the Hydras :D

And stop being a solo player in a MMO.

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally reached 100 minor Artis. Took me almost 3-4 days of grinding with 5 accounts attacking lighthouses to get those extra drops. I figure that was 10-15 hours at least of grinding for one item. I don't think ill be getting another lol

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event is fun, it is entertaining, stimulates group-work, is rewarding, you can get great stuff for your paperdoll. As long as it will be turned on long enough (like Kyronix said) everybody will get his / her item.

Honestly, most points I read here are (sorry, but again): crybaby-stuff... :sad2::sad2::sad2:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, stand at the lighthouse alone when its turn to vurnable.......... Might be a very Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad Idea. Have fun with all the Hydras :D

And stop being a solo player in a MMO.
I haven't solo'd anything much since this came out...... just irks me that a person can work really hard to get a captain down do 90% of the work use loads of resources and get NOTHING.... The EM drop system has been BS since it was implemented..... Great if you are a wraith thrower...... Crappy if you are any other template.

Not really fair to the rest of the playerbase.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll remember this when I get paged on ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
If he doesn't work for EA his enthusiasm could lead to trouble. Would you trust any GM's mood and experience to respond positively to "Kyronix said it's cool?"

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't solo'd anything much since this came out...... just irks me that a person can work really hard to get a captain down do 90% of the work use loads of resources and get NOTHING.... The EM drop system has been BS since it was implemented..... Great if you are a wraith thrower...... Crappy if you are any other template.

Not really fair to the rest of the playerbase.
I totally agree when it comes to the EM-Events. The drop-system is not fair. But here it seems different: I got 11 drops yesterday with an ordinary tamer wiht 2200 luck - in a group of 10-15 players. It is really EASY to get those items. Even newbs got their share of about 7-9 in the same time. And if you camp with your chars at the lighthouse and simply wait for it to come down, you get as much items as you have camping chars there / accounts. So, what is the problem???

If you compare how much a Luck-Garb costs these days, the grind you have to invest for getting it in a MUCH COOLER FASHION (hooded robe, epaulette) is absolutely justifyable.

I would give alot to see this forum satisfied with ANYTHING these people are doing for entertaining us. On DF, I can tell you, we had about 30-40 players around last night and they enjoyed it. Maybe we Germans can stand more frustration than other cultures :D

Ok, for those people who are tending to overreact: THIS WAS A JOKE! JUST A SILLY JOKE, ok? :p

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree when it comes to the EM-Events. The drop-system is not fair. But here it seems different: I got 11 drops yesterday with an ordinary tamer wiht 2200 luck - in a group of 10-15 players. It is really EASY to get those items. Even newbs got their share of about 7-9 in the same time. And if you camp with your chars at the lighthouse and simply wait for it to come down, you get as much items as you have camping chars there / accounts. So, what is the problem???

If you compare how much a Luck-Garb costs these days, the grind you have to invest for getting it in a MUCH COOLER FASHION (hooded robe, epaulette) is absolutely justifyable.

I would give alot to see this forum satisfied with ANYTHING these people are doing for entertaining us. On DF, I can tell you, we had about 30-40 players around last night and they enjoyed it. Maybe we Germans can stand more frustration than other cultures :D

Ok, for those people who are tending to overreact: THIS WAS A JOKE! JUST A SILLY JOKE, ok? :p
You can joke all you want. I believe Germans are perhaps least understood culture in American history. Most if not all Americans have been taught to dislike Germans & Russians at birth while knowing NOTHING about them. Our American government knows how important propaganda is. Rock on dude

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will keep it in mind!
Kyronix, if you are still reading this thread, since you are adding back some old unavailable arties for this event, could you consider adding a new version of Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune to the new rewards? It was only briefly available during Treasures of Tokuno 3 and not very many people got them and they are very rare nowadays. And its the only helm with 300 luck in the game. =] Please consider adding it! Or give us Treasures of Tokuno 4, that would work too. :p

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I think its great fun! Managed 3 hours gametime yesterday and found a great amount of Players working it together...havent seen this for a while...
I got 3 "Minax Crest" items out of it and only died once ;)

Tumbs up!

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kyronix, if you are still reading this thread, since you are adding back some old unavailable arties for this event, could you consider adding a new version of Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune to the new rewards? It was only briefly available during Treasures of Tokuno 3 and not very many people got them and they are very rare nowadays. And its the only helm with 300 luck in the game. =] Please consider adding it! Or give us Treasures of Tokuno 4, that would work too. :p
Pardon me for being picky ,I believe the mempo fills the gorget slot. Good request .

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pardon me for being picky ,I believe the mempo fills the gorget slot. Good request .
Ohh...you're right...I forgot, since it covers the face I thought helm. Would be nice to be able to get it as a leather gorget or something instead. =]

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But better resis, please :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, a mempo is not a helm, it's a gorget.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
The reward system looks ... weird.
Does anyone want to trade the luck garb for the tangle or for 4x quivers of infinity?

As I can see there is only one reward at the moment and it doesn't sound good for me.

Well may be some rich player will get lt sash, mace and shield glasses or some robe for their look.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for their look
Thats it! I would spend ALOT of money, for mace&shiels as hat - I hate glasses. I would give ALOT of money for a DCI-cloak - I hate quivers. I would give ALOT of money for an alternative to the lt sash. So, ist about eye candy! Eye candy means MUCH to me...

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the exception of the Captains, all the invading mobs are creatures that exist elsewhere in the world. They have not been changed from their existing templates.
Kyronix, can you please provide the rationale as to why Discord (Peace, and Provoke) are disabled on these MOBs? It was very disappointing to see messages like "Discord would have no effect on that", esp. when it came to drakes, dragons, hydras, etc.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am enjoying the event. I played for 2 hr last night and got 4 drops. My only request was that the turn in charges for major items was not so steep. Instead of 100 it should be 50. For the 50 it should be 25. For the 25 it should be 15 and for the 10... Well those are ok.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reward system looks ... weird.
Does anyone want to trade the luck garb for the tangle or for 4x quivers of infinity?

As I can see there is only one reward at the moment and it doesn't sound good for me.

Well may be some rich player will get lt sash, mace and shield glasses or some robe for their look.
yes i cant see anyone getting anthing other than the garb, sash, or crimson unless they are Really only concerned about looks and not about "value" at all.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kyronix, can you please provide the rationale as to why Discord (Peace, and Provoke) are disabled on these MOBs? It was very disappointing to see messages like "Discord would have no effect on that", esp. when it came to drakes, dragons, hydras, etc.
I'm guessing it's a universal "Cannot be barded" flag for any given non-player mobile, so that if the mobs can't be provoked onto each other, they can't be discorded either.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would LOVE to have Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune as a Hide Gorget.... and keep the mage armor part of it of course. But I've hated the look of that fugly mempo since the day it first came out.

Any good elf would NEVER cover their face unless it was with a hood from a lovely robe. Mempo is ugly...

You can joke all you want. I believe Germans are perhaps least understood culture in American history. Most if not all Americans have been taught to dislike Germans & Russians at birth while knowing NOTHING about them. Our American government knows how important propaganda is. Rock on dude
Perhaps but then I'd have to hate on myself because like many Americans I'm a "Heinz 57"... mixture of many different mostly European decent much of which is German... so that would be bad.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing it's a universal "Cannot be barded" flag for any given non-player mobile, so that if the mobs can't be provoked onto each other, they can't be discorded either.
I figure this is the case (maybe the intent was non-Provoke in Fel?), but if Kyronix also states we can kill in non-orthodox means for this arc (i.e. from ships, off of roofs, etc.) then why limit bards so much? I have read that bard masteries work, so maybe it's not 100% anti-bard, but still...would be nice to be able to Discord a hydra or dragon.

Felonious Monk

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would LOVE to have Leurocian's Mempo of Fortune as a Hide Gorget.... and keep the mage armor part of it of course. But I've hated the look of that fugly mempo since the day it first came out.

Any good elf would NEVER cover their face unless it was with a hood from a lovely robe. Mempo is ugly...

Perhaps but then I'd have to hate on myself because like many Americans I'm a "Heinz 57"... mixture of many different mostly European decent much of which is German... so that would be bad.
Ha! Viva la difference! I think you routinely display a modicum of conventional wisdom that is fully capable of balancing out said tendencies.
With that I will stop usurping this thread. I went way OT.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The list isn't capped. If 100 people make the list for the captain, 100 of those people will have a shot at getting the random drop and 100 people will get one from the beacon.

It's also important to remember that "top attacker" is a bit of a misnomer, and just what we have ended up calling it out of habit. Your position on the "top attacker" list is the result of three factors including: damage dealt, damage received, and damage healed.
I attacked a beacon with two accounts for minor damage each. None of both was an artifact granted.
Did this minimum of 6% (?) of the number one's points on the attacker list you devs talked earlier kick in and prevented the drop?

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a stupid event.
If you kill captains you can't attack the beacon and don't get any artifacts. So if you want to get an arty you have to camp near the beacon and wait someone else kill captains.
I've gotten four artifacts off killing the minions/captains in just this one invasion I'm working now, and I've managed to attack the beacon both times it's been vulnerable. If you have a mage, mark a rune near the beacons for a quick recall to its location.

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've gotten four artifacts off killing the minions/captains in just this one invasion I'm working now,

Only 96 more to go.:coco:

And how long did it take to you get those 4?:stretcher:

This event has serious flaws in it.

Yesterday on Sonoma there were tons of players on Sonoma fighting the invaders. Today I went and looked and there was no one...nary a one.

How many systems do the Devs spend time on only to sabotage themselves and become worthless. Factions (Empty), Void Pool (Absolutely Empty), Magincia Vendor Stalls (Empty), this event will be empty. Grow a brain already! A sad state of affiars indeed.

They spend time and resources on good ideas only to muck it up with poor implementation. Worst Dev Team in history. You'd think after Calvin Crowner it couldn't get any worse but Mesanna is far worse. People complaining not to change the Heads on a Spike and what happens they leave them be because a few people complain while the vast majority loved them. Prices on those spikes have plummeted and you can't give them away now.

It's just another poor implementation. One after another when it the potential is there for it to be a really nice feature of UO.

Captains should drop 3 artifacts like they did in the previous invasion. That way you don't have 15 people fighting over 1 point. Minors should be worth 3-5 points. Or two points and drop the reward requirement from 100 to 50 as has been suggested.

To win the day the best course of action is to hide and park all your characters/accounts near the lighthouse and wait for everyone else to do all the hard work as pointed out by Goodman. If that's the formula for success then clearly there needs to be some re-evaluation of the event.